STAND FREE WHEREVER YOU MAY BE - And you thought Celtic beating Barca was something!

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr_Grieves
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 405K

November

Heartbreaking defeat to Paris SG
But were still in the hunt to qualify for the last 16 with 1 game to go
Beat Celtic in our back to back games, in the League cup this time

Fixtures

Aberdeen 1-0 Celtic - League Cup 4th Round
Sneddon

Both teams saw fit to play there back up sides with bigger games coming up. Two goals were disallowed in the first half but we did more than enough for the win

Aberdeen 3-4 Paris SG - Champions League match 4
Goncalves 3

A heartbreaking loss. We led 2-0 then let in 3, Aberdeen equalized again just for Verratti to score a 88th minute winner and possibly end our hopes of Champions League progress

Just realized i forgot to post pictures of the group. Sorry
View attachment 293137

Aberdeen 1-0 Livingston
Ekman

A Very very labored victory. Had to go into Overload mode in the last 20 minutes to get the decisive goal

Kilmarnock 0-3 Aberdeen
Kardum
Bamba
Archer

Another of our famous late shows goals in the 70th, 86 and 88th minutes for the easy win today

Trabzonspor 0-5 Aberdeen - Champions League Match 5
Goncalves 2
Sneddon
Kardum 2

Guaranteed European football after Christmas, But if we beat Juventus it will be Champions League football

League
View attachment 293139

We returned a perfect month in the league while Celtic slipped up giving us a 6 point gap as December approaches

Player of the Month
Esmael Goncalves
View attachment 293138

Vital goals in Europe to keep us in the hunt for the last 16

Europe
View attachment 293141

How much will that late Verratti goal cost us once its all said and done. Simply we must win at Pittodrie or it will be Europa League after Christmas

Happy to be in Europe after Christmas so can go into the Juventus game with nothing to loose!

Domestic treble is defenantly on if we keep playing like this. I've also Started playing counter attack and long ball against Celtic and European teams and its working a treat

December

We Beat Juventus to qualify for the last 16!
In the last 16 we will play Man City, who helped knock us out last season
Rangers destroy us at Ibrox

Fixtures

Kilmarnock 0-0 Aberdeen - Scottish Cup 4th Round

Frustration! Played my cup team and may still live to regret it with a packed December schedule just got bigger

Aberdeen 3-1 Kilmarnock - Scottish Cup 4th Round replay
Flavio 2
Kardum

We fell behind but managed to fight back and with a rousing team talk we managed a brilliant second half comeback to make a date with Falkirk in the 5th round

Dundee Utd 1-2 Aberdeen
Flavio
Daeli

Decided to stick with my back up squad so my best 11 is 100% ready for Juventus and yet again they didn't let me down

Aberdeen 2-1 Juventus - Champions League match 6
Elias
Cabestany

Wowowow We did it! and even worse we deserved it! More shots, by 1. More possession, by 1% but still we beat back to back Italian champions Juventus!

View attachment 293186

Aberdeen 2-0 Hearts
Goncalves
Kaldum

No hangover here. We were not at our glorious best but the 3 points were added to our total

Rangers 4-0 Aberdeen

Rangers scored all there shots on target we had the best of the game but that's worthless when this result is the final outcome. Michal Soldan played his 150th league game for Aberdeen but will not be celebrating

Aberdeen 5-0 Motherwell
Cabestany 3
Goncalves 2

Sneddon went assist crazy with 4 while his forward thinking team mates went goal crazy

Aberdeen 4-0 Inverness
Ekman
Goncalves 2
Flavio

A second big home win in a row takes away some of the rage that rangers match caused me

League
View attachment 293188

Despite the humiliation at Ibrox were still 5 points clear and have a +3 goal advantage with the goals

Player of the Month
Esmael Goncalves
View attachment 293189

Has he overtook Cabestany for my player of the season? Maybe not but he's closed up

Europe

Well were through to the knockout phase im delighted to say again. Here's the last 16 draw

View attachment 293187

January

Big wins away to Hibs and Livingston
Stalemate with Celtic
Aberdeens transfer record smashed
Lionel Messi gets a hattrick of Golden Balls
View attachment 293457

Fixtures

St Johnstone 0-0 Aberdeen

This was Aberdeen of 2016 and before never looked like scoring despite dominating

Aberdeen 3-0 Dundee
Sneddon
Goncalves
Vaz

If in doubt get a home game to settle my nerves easy 3 goal win. Our left Back Rene Anderson makes his 100th league appearance for Aberdeen

Hibs 1-5 Aberdeen
O'G
Sneddon 2
Cabestany
Goncalves

Our 4-1 lead at half time meant we could take it easy for the second half with Celtic up next

Aberdeen 2-2 Celtic
Cabestany
Ekman

We were not at our best today and required a all out charge in the last 15 minutes to grab our second equalizer of the day and keep the gap at 5 points

Aberdeen 5-3 Kilmarnock
Goncalves 3
Keogh
Canestany

Defense was in pieces, Thankfully Goncalves was in the mood

Livingston 1-4 Aberdeen
Flavio 2
Kardum
Archer

A massive performance against the relegation favorites to hopefully signal a return to form going into a busy February. Monnard and Ekman both make there 50th League appearance

League
View attachment 293459

We've played a game more but our gap is up to 8 points. Livingston should start to worry as they are in danger of being cast adrift

Player of the Month
Derek Sneddon
View attachment 293460

Del Boy had his best month of the season so far adding a few goals to his regular assists

January Transfer Window

In

After years of trying i finally get Brett Archer signed on a permanent deal destroying our previous record transfer

MR - Brett Archer
View attachment 293461

The English midfielder from FC Twente has show some exciting glimpses in his 5 months at the club and did more than enough to make me buy him. Did not expect to have to fork out £5.5m for him but im due a bit of a splurge plus its paid over the next 2 season

DC - Helge Mjomen
View attachment 293463

Were adding some Viking power to our youth defense set up

Out

Only Simao left in January in a deal that was agreed long ago

World Transfers
View attachment 293457

Scottish Transfers
Aberdeen and Celtic both make 1 major investment in the fight for the league
View attachment 293462

Loving this story mate. Can you tell me how you take the screenshots?

Going to start my own story regarding a Scottish team soon ;)

Loving this story mate. Can you tell me how you take the screenshots?

Going to start my own story regarding a Scottish team soon ;)

Good stuff, Cant go wrong with a Scottish Story!

All i do is take a screen shot by hitting the"prtsc" print screen button on my keyboard then pasting it into a new paint document

Good stuff, Cant go wrong with a Scottish Story!

All i do is take a screen shot by hitting the"prtsc" print screen button on my keyboard then pasting it into a new paint document

Thanks mate. Was what i thought.

February

Very dodgy month in the league
Massive win against Man City in the Champions League
Still in all our National cup competition

Fixtures

Dundee Utd 0-2 Aberdeen - League Cup Semi Finals
Goncalves
Elias

We put on a fantastic display and taught Dundee Utd the art of attacking to reach the final

Hearts 0-0 Aberdeen

A warm up for our upcoming League Cup final gave me another of my angry moments not helped by a 91st minute winner being disallowed

Falkirk 1-2 Aberdeen - Scottish Cup 5th round
Sneddon 2

We were on our way out of the cup till i brought Sneddon of the bench to save our bacon

Aberdeen 0-1 Dundee Utd

Second game in a row that a stoppage time goal goes against us. Loosing form at the worst possible time

Aberdeen 4-2 Man City - Champions League Last 16 1st leg
Cabestany 3
Goncalves

Seething that we lost 2 late goals but we totally destroyed City on the Counter Attack

Aberdeen 3-1 Rangers
Goncalves 3

The Portuguese striker decided to reek revenge on Rangers for destroying us in December

League
View attachment 293508

Our poor performances has helped Celtic get within 4 points and a goal of our lead, 11 games to go

Player of the Month
Rene Anderson
View attachment 293509

Our developing left back Rene Anderson

Last edited:

Scottish League Cup Final 2018

From Hampden park
View attachment 293546

Aberdeen VS Hearts
View attachment 293545View attachment 293547

Team news

Aberdeen
The favorites are without back up players Flavio, Suspended and the injured Vojtech Prihoda and Joe Moncrieffe. Derek Sneddon picks a great occasion to play his 200th Aberdeen game

Hearts
The Jambos are without regulars Jon Robertson and Jason Holt while back up striker Graeme Reynolds is also out injured

The Match

18 - +Injury - Start forward Esmael Goncalves goes off on a stretcher, Set to miss two weeks

20 - Aberdeen 1-0 Hearts - Cabestany

HT - Aberdeen 1-0 Hearts
Were in front and playing well, just need to use our advantage to secure the Cup

55 - Aberdeen 2-0 Hearts - Sneddon
That should be us safe and on our way to victory now

FT - Aberdeen 2-0 Hearts
View attachment 293548

Like Most finals it wasn't a classic but we certainly did more than enough to win the game. I hope this success can push us on against Man city and in the SPL too where our results have started to wain!

View attachment 293549

March

Eliminate Man City and reach the Champions League Quarter Finals
Real Madrid in the Quarter Final
Reach the Scottish cup final
4 points clear in the league

Fixtures

Aberdeen 3-1 Dundee - Scottish Cup Q/F
Hughes
Daehil
Kardum

Had to play the kids with Man City Coming up and we eventually got on track at the start of the second half by equalizing then running away with the game

Man City 2-2 Aberdeen - Champions League last 16 2nd leg
Butler
Archer

AGG Aberdeen 6-4 Man city

Oh my goodness this was the most insane match. Set out for 0-0 from kick off maybe grab a goal on the counter but two Man City goals in the second half seemed to have got the better of us. BUT our captain Alex Butler sneaked in with the goal which would have been enough for us to go through but there was still the cherry to go on top as Joe Hart Got injured and Brett Archer took advantage of the outfield keeper to grab a draw tonight but an aggregate win and a place in the quarter finals

Inverness CT 0-4 Aberdeen
Cabestany
Kardum 3

We were playing one of the relegation favorites and we were clearly still on a high from our brilliant night in Manchester

Aberdeen 0-0 St Johnstone

With highlight i should have rested a few players today

Motherwell 0-3 Aberdeen
Kardum 2
Keogh

Why are we playing so well away from home and struggling at home all of a sudden? Derek Sneddons 150 league game for Aberdeen but doesn't get his 75th goal unfortunately

Dundee 0-2 Aberdeen
Hughes
Flavio

Real Madrid are just 4 days away so its 100% back up players who i have to applaud for there consistency this season

League
View attachment 293659
Battle at the top is getting very very interesting. Celtic have still only lost that one game to ourselves and are just 4 points behind. 7 to go!

Player of the Month
Jens Kardum
View attachment 293656

The Swedish super sub got his chance after Goncalves got injured against Man City and showed me that he may eventually be good enough to take over as the lead striker

Europe

We weren't the only team to spring a shock in the last 16. Spurs beat Barca, Porto beat AC Milan and Napoli beat Paris SG
View attachment 293655

Quarter Final Draw
Aberdeen V Real Madrid
View attachment 293658

Nice to see fate rewarded out victory over City with a kinda draw! If we can pull of another miracle against Madrid then Multi time winners Man Utd or Bayern Munich await

Tough luck drawing Real Madrid but you still have done very well in Europe this season. Good luck!

April
Our best month Ever!!!!!!!!!

Real Madrid game is my 300th as Aberdeen as manager
Forget the 300th game We ****** knocked them out of the Champions League. Onto Man Utd in the Semi Finals
And hold a 2 goal advantage inn the Semi's against Man Utd
Beat Celtic twice in the league and in the Scottish Cup semis

Fixtures

Aberdeen 1-0 Real Madrid - Champions League Q/f 1st leg
Keogh

My 300th game as manager couldn't have been a bigger or better one. We totally neutralized Madrid who only managed 1 shot through the whole 90 minute. Could we get a draw in the Beunabau

View attachment 293843

Aberdeen 1-0 Hibs
Hughes

The back up boys were at it again and they only just had enough today to overcome Hibs. Could prove to be vital as Celtic have there 11th draw of the season

Real Madrid 1-1 Aberdeen - Champions League Q/F 2nd leg
Goncalves

Absolutely stunned! in the first 10 minute Real Madrid Scored and Chris Pierce went off injured and it was surely just a matter of time till we went out. Filp the game over and in the last 10 minutes we equalized and Benzema got a red card for unsporting behavior and that was that leaving us with another date in Mancherster

View attachment 293844

Celtic 0-3 Aberdeen
Elias
Goncalves
Moncieffe

This may have been the tipping point! This month will defiantly decided the title with two more battles with Celtic coming up

Aberdeen 3-1 Celtic - Scottish Cup S/F
Ekman
Goncalves
Moncrieffe

Were in the Scottish Cup Final after back to back wins over our great rivals Celtic. Small matter of a Champions League semi final before our third game against Celtic in the month

Aberdeen 2-0 Man Utd - Champions League S/F 1stleg
Sneddon
Cabestany

This is getting ridiculous! Kept the same team, except for the two united loanees and they again stopped the attacking dominance of United to set us up brilliantly for the second leg!

View attachment 293845

Celtic 1-2 Aberdeen
Goncalves
Cabestary

Just as it looked as if our luck was going to run out Cabestany came up to give us our 3rd win over Celtic in the

League
View attachment 293837

The league is ours if we can get 1 more point from our last 4 league game

Player of the Month
ABERDEEN FC

Everyone deserves a huge thumbs up for there achievements in April

Europe
View attachment 293840

Two home wins against Real Madrid and Man Utd and were currently sitting on the verge of a Champions League Final

Great job against Real Madrid and the final is within distance after that first leg against Manchester United. It also looks like you have the league wrapped up as well.

May
SPL Winners at Last!!!!

However Man Utd end the Champions League dream
But we do manage to win the Scottish Premier League for the first time in over 20 years
Loose to Rangers again, We must fix this next season

Fixtures

Man Utd 4-0 Aberdeen - Champions League Semi final 2nd leg - AET

View attachment 293857

Man Utd won the 90 minutes 2-0 and in extra time both teams went for the winner with Rooney completing his hatrick and ending our dream run at the Semis. Brilliant effort, Couldn't have lost to a better team

Aberdeen 0-2 Rangers

Championship point one and boy oh boy did we let our fans down badly. When this fixture was drawn i wont lie i was drooling at the thought of winning our first title in 23 years against our greatest rivals. Never mind will have another chance in the New Firm derby to take the crown.

Aberdeen 2-0 Dundee Utd
Elias
Cabestany

Tonight was our night. On a traditionally wet Aberdeen night the Dons were the better team right from the kick off and deservedly wrapped up the win and the league

Dundee 0-5 Aberdeen
Sneddon
Goncalves 3
Kardum

Last time the 1st team get a run out in the league and they did us proud one last time

Hearts 1-1 Aberdeen
Kardum

Apparently a boring draw but it was a final game for the back up players. How many will be here next year? How many will be first teamers? Only time will tell!

League
Winner Winner chicken dinner!
View attachment 293856

SPL Champions, League Cup and Scottish cup champions as well as CL semis. You're going to get a massive rep boost, a lot of money and a ton of coefficient points.

Back