STAND FREE WHEREVER YOU MAY BE - And you thought Celtic beating Barca was something!

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr_Grieves
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 405K

February

One home match in the cup the rest of our games is on the road
Destroy closest Rivals Kilmarnock
Reach League Cup final
1 foot in the Champions League Q/F

Fixtures

Rangers 1-3 Aberdeen - League Cup Semi Final
Loeffen 2
Elias

Rangers pushed us in the 1st half but the second half was all Aberdeen who cruised to the League Cup final to defend there trophy against league rival Kilmarnock

Hearts 0-5 Aberdeen
Elias
Loeffen
Pierce
Sneddon 2

The result was brilliant but loosing Loeffen and Elias for a few weeks to injury is not so welcome

Motherwell 2-4 Aberdeen
Kardum
Butler
Cabestany
Edge

Had to rest a few players with the upcoming champions league tie but still have no problems getting the 3 points

Red Star 1-4 Aberdeen - Champions League last 16 1st leg
Cabestany
Kardum
Kilin
O'G

4 goals and a 3 goal advantage to take into the 2nd leg. Unfortunately Keeper Daniel Monnard makes his 100th Aberdeen appearance couldn't keep a clean sheet

Kilmarnock 0-6 Aberdeen
Loeffen 3
Sneddon 2
Edge

Loeffen's 1st half hattrick had the game in the bag by half time another 3 in the second half shows how far ahead of the rest of the league we are

Aberdeen 4-2 Dundee Utd - Scottish Cup Q/F
Kardum 4

Our back up forward Jens Kardum proves the difference in the New Firm cup Derby

League
View attachment 295273

15 goals from 3 games and we opened up a further 3 points gap over Kilmarnock. League was pretty much won at Rugby park

Player of the Month
Jens Kardum
View attachment 295274

Our back up striker came in for Loeffen during his injury and also managed a few goals off the bench

March

League Cup retained with a thrashing of Kilmarnock
Easily finish off Red Star Belgrade
Rangers end our winning run, Again!

Fixtures

Dundee Utd 1-2 Aberdeen
Loeffen
Soldan

Played a 1st team strikeforce and back up defense which almost cost us our winning run but we held on just!

Aberdeen 4-0 Red Star - Champions League last 16 2nd Leg
Kardum 2
Edge 2

AGG Aberdeen 8-1 Red Star

Comfortably through against the dream opposition for Knock out Champions League football

Aberdeen V Kilmarnock - League Cup Final
Decided to stop doing single posts for Domestic finals now there becoming a regular occurrence

1st Half
3- Goal - O'G Jason Naismith
27- Goal - R Loeffen
33- Goal - J Cabestany
36- Injury - Alex Butler
48- Goal - Elias

HT Aberdeen 4-0 Kilmarnock
Games over so will pass the game out and rest some of our better players

2nd Half
49- Goal - R Andersen
75- Goal - A Bamba
78- Goal - M Loeffen

FT Aberdeen 7-0 Kilmarnock
View attachment 295306

Well that was easy wasn't it. Were now suddenly so far ahead of the rest of the SPL as the final emphatically showed

Rangers 2-1 Aberdeen
Sneddon

Typical rangers. This is why the world hates you! Me made all the positive moves to win the game in the last half hour while they went around hacking our defenders and surprise surprise a controversial winner in stoppage time. Embarrassing way to end our run

Aberdeen 1-0 St Johnstone
Sneddon

No idea how this match went ahead with 12 players that i could have started away on international duty and 3 injured im just delighted the few that were available got me the result

League
View attachment 295307
Cheated out of the Rangers game, last thing i want is them in the Champions League. Huge gap at the top and WTF has happened to Celtic?

Player of the Month
Alex Butler
View attachment 295308

"Australia's best ever player" There i said it. Sorry Harry Kewell but This guys a gem and was delighted to lift the League Cup for the second year in a row

Champions League
Red Star Belgrade were as much of an obstacle as i expected. He's the last 16 results
View attachment 295309

Quarter finals will see us up against Man City again, then Dortmund or Barca in the Semi's if you care to dream!
View attachment 295310

Youth Intake

Still nothing class from the youth team. These two are picked up for potential back up players of tomorrow
View attachment 295311View attachment 295312

:) good luck for your champions league against City! Hope you batter them!

Well done in the cups, you're smashing the league although Rangers are certainly your bogey team. And Butler is a beast.

Well done in the cups, you're smashing the league although Rangers are certainly your bogey team. And Butler is a beast.

Thats spot on about Rangers. With the run we were on and the team we put out there was no reason for that result. Will have to make having a 100% record against Rangers next season one of my targets

April

League secured while warming up for European matches
Go out to Man City in the Quarter Finals despite the rest in the league
Big wins follow our European failures

Fixtures

Aberdeen 1-1 Celtic
Kardum

Abereen 2-1 Hibs
Kardum 2

Both the above matches was used to get players ready for the Champions League match so 4 points is a good return and enough to secure the League

Man City 1-0 Aberdeen - Champions League Q/F 1st leg

A Very sad result. We came within 4 minutes of holding City to a draw when Shaqiri sneaked the winner and set us up for a tricky 2nd leg

Hibs 0-4 Aberdeen - Scottish Cup S/F
Kardum
Hughes
O'G
Holt

Back up team had more than enough to waltz into another Scottish Cup Final

Aberdeen 1-1 Man City - Champions League Q/F 1st leg
Loeffen

AGG Man City 2-1 Aberdeen

Daniel Monnard's 150th appearance for Aberdeen and never did we miss his familiar clean sheet than today. Didn't have enough this time round but still a quarter final appearance is the most i should have hoped for. Biggest regret is i wanted a go a Barcelona but there's plenty time for that in the future!

Aberdeen 4-0 Rangers
Loeffen
O'G
Bamba
Archer

Derek Sneddon makes his 250th appearance against his 1st team and plays a blinder with the rest of the team.

Hearts 0-3 Aberdeen
Glowacki
Archer 2

Another walk over for the team

League
View attachment 295457

Title's in the bag, goal difference is getting ridiculous, Rangers unfortunately take over 2nd, Inverness looked doomed!

Player of the Month
Bret Archer
View attachment 295458

Adapting well to play on both wings. Fresh from signing a new contract he'll be a star for us for along time

Champions League

View attachment 295459

We'll were out! A step backwards im sure after beating Man City and Real Madrid last season this year i don't think we beat any top drawer team in the whole competition. Shall see what next season brings i guess

Shame to see you go out in the Champions League but great work in the League as usual. What is going on at Celtic?!? Is Neil Lennon still manager?

Lost tabs a bit this last week but well done anyways sir

Shame to see you go out in the Champions League but great work in the League as usual. What is going on at Celtic?!? Is Neil Lennon still manager?

Yeah he's still there job is "stable" some how! They've been quite poor when we've played this season considering last year we were quite even. I Thought they would be stronger with Guidetti and Cacic joining to make them very close to being as good as our team. Will be more surprised if there not challenging next season than if they finish down the league again

Lost tabs a bit this last week but well done anyways sir

Lost tabs! And i thought we were friends haha!

I see your going back to Bilbao since the Pentigon Challenge save died. What did you make of the challenge? Did you enjoy it?

On a side note once I've done the Scottish Cup and Pre Season we'll be at the exact same point in history! summer 2019!

Last edited:

May

- Non of these results really matter, Just rotating the squad to give youth a chance and keep players fresh for the final. Not even the target of 100 points is open anymore

Fixtures

Aberdeen 3-1 Kilmarnock
Kardum
Hughes
Keogh

Celtic 1-2 Aberdeen
Hughes 2

Back up Midfielder Darren Hughes comes strong right at the end to score 2 late goals to keep our winning run going

St Johnstone 0-1 Aberdeen
Hughes

After his exploits against Celtic Darren Hughes and his season with his 100th League game for Aberdeen. He kept his good form up with the winning goal here too

Final League Table
Nothing shocking happened at the end of the season
View attachment 295483

Scottish Cup Final 2019
From Hampden park

Aberdeen VS St Johnstone
For the 3rd year in a row!

Team news

Aberdeen
Team is 100% fully fit. Only Chris Pierce is away on international duty

St Johnstone
Winger Kofi James misses out due to injury

The Match

26 - Goal - Aberdeen 1-0 St Johnstone - Fernando Vaz
Finally after hitting every part of the woodwork and keeper our defensive midfielder breaks St Johnstone down

48 - Goal - Aberdeen 2-0 St Johnstone - Derek Sneddon
Aberdeens player of the season comes out from half time fired up and leaves his mark on our final game

FT - Aberdeen 2-0 St Johnstone
View attachment 295498

Its a hattrick of Scottish Cups all against St Johnstone, what's the chances of a 4th time in 2020?

Season 2018/19 Season review

SPL - Winner
Scottish Cup - Winner
League Cup - Winner
Champions League - Quarter Final

Season Stats
View attachment 295556

Final team talk
"Well done for dominating Scotland again but if you think we've done enough to be happy your very wrong! We've a lot of work to do to become a respected European force"

SPL

View attachment 295557View attachment 295558View attachment 295559

After taking so long to win the league this season we destroyed all comers. 100 points will be the target next year.

Rangers up to 2nd as Kilmarnock amaze me to reach 3rd and Celtic collapse down to a very distant 4th

After almost a decade back in the SPL Inverness end up 3 points behind Dunfermline and go down

Highland's will still have SPL football as Ross County return to the SPL

Scottish Cup

Aberdeen 2-0 St Johnstone

View attachment 295560

Third year in a row we faced St Johnstone in the final What are the odds?

Scottish League Cup

Aberdeen 7-0 Kilmarnock

View attachment 295561

There's cup final thrashing then there's this!

2017/18 awards

Footballer of the year
Derek Sneddon

14 goals and 14 assists from 24 games. Brilliant return

Writers footballer of the year
Elias
View attachment 295563

Football writers chose Aberdeen players for the top 3

League Player of the year
Michal Soldan
View attachment 295564

Czech Midfielder retains his best player award

Top scorer
Billy Sinclair - Hibs - 30 goals

One Man team

Young player of the year
Brett Archer
View attachment 295565

Team of the season
View attachment 295566
8 Players make it to team of the year. Easier to say who is missing out. Alex Butler, Chris Pierce and Fernando Vaz

Manager of the year
Billy Davies - Kilmarnock

Match of the Season
16/3/2019
Aberdeen 7-0 Kilmarnock
View attachment 295562

Picture it! Its the league cup final and Kilmarnock are matching us toe for toe in the league its going to be a tough final

Signing of the season
Mark Loeffen
View attachment 295569

Early days and a struggle in the league but plenty of goals all competitions to keep his place safe for next year

Player of the season
Derek Sneddon
View attachment 295570

17 Goals and 21 assists, In the league he was our stand out player

Champions League final
Bayern Munich 1-0 Man City - AET

View attachment 295571

Bayern Took 90 minutes and more to regain the Champions League

Europa League final
Ath Madrid 1-4 Man Utd

View attachment 295572

Man Utd win the Europa League for the first time

Other Euro leagues

England
View attachment 295573
Man Utd return to the top while Fulham and Liverpool get into the Champions League

Germany
View attachment 295574
Only 10 points between the top 4

Italy
View attachment 295575
Juventus are the kings but all the top teams get into Europe

Spain
View attachment 295576

Real Madrid & Barcelona fight over the title and Zaragoza get into the Champions League

Going into the summer

After another season of total domination of Scotland we've got plenty of targets for next season. 100 league points or undefeated season and further progress in Europe

Season preview 2019/20
Going for the Treble Treble

Targets

Retaining the treble For a 3rd season, 100 points in the league and beat Rangers every time we play are my domestic targets. In Europe the last 8 is where i expect us to be but again anything after Christmas is a bonus

League - Winner
Scottish Cup - Winner
Scottish League Cup - Winner
Europe - Champions league last 16

Transfers
View attachment 295987

Our quietest transfer window in memory

In

Ziltch, Nobody, Nothing, Nowt.

Nothing exciting appealed to me not even any exciting youths. Still have a few targets that may come during August

However on the player front we did have a massive boost when Soldan again agreed to extend his contract meaning he'll be at Pittodrie till 2023 rather than being sold in September to leave in January. This this deal means so much, he's the star player by a long way
View attachment 295988

Out

Left back Manuel Montero joins Hamburg for £7m after being used normally as back up

Youngsters who never broke through Iain Green and Paul Wurtz were sold for handsome fee's

4 youngsters left on loan

Summer news
Barca boss Pellegrini's retirement sets off a chain reaction

Manager changes
Steven Pienaar - Inverness CT - Butcher Sacked
Victor Fernandez - Bilbao - Emery Sacked
Unai Emery - Valencia - Marcelino Sacked
Diego Simeone - Man City - Rafa Benitez Sacked
Rudi Garcia - Lyon - Mombaerts retired
Javier Aguirre - Arsenal - Marcelo Bielsa retired
Rafa Benitez - Ath Madrid - Lucien Favre retired
Roberto Di Matteo - Barcelona - Pellegrini retired
Roberto Donadoni - Chelsea - Di Matteo left for Barca

Top 3 Transfers

Tom Van Beek - Arsenal - £41.5m
View attachment 295989

Adam Campbell - Arsenal - £38.5m
View attachment 295990

Jano - Chelsea - £20m
View attachment 295991

People let me know if you'd prefer the top 3 transfers of a photo of June + Julys transfers. No point in posting 10 random regens pictures for the top 10

Top SPL Transfers
Rangers make the 3 biggest moves including the clubs greatest players nephew joining

Jiri Pavlik - £1.4m - Rangers
View attachment 295992

Martin Srom - £575k - Rangers
View attachment 295993
Andreas Laudrup - £325k - Rangers
View attachment 295994

First team 2019
View attachment 295986

Exactly the same as 2018. Only addition to squad is Max Salomonsson being promoted to take over from Manuel Montero as our sub wing back

I can't believe there wasn't one player you liked the look of but good news with Soldan.

I can't believe there wasn't one player you liked the look of but good news with Soldan.

Perhaps i phrased that wrong. I tried to get a few players but the money teams were asking was either way too much or more than i can afford. Its getting harder and harder to get the quality players with our minimal wage budget.

Soldan is a poor mans Cidoncha which means he is the 2nd best FM regen I have seen! lol

Back