STAND FREE WHEREVER YOU MAY BE - And you thought Celtic beating Barca was something!

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr_Grieves
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 405K
SPL Champions, League Cup and Scottish cup champions as well as CL semis. You're going to get a massive rep boost, a lot of money and a ton of coefficient points.

Yep Cant wait to see how that works out during the pre season

Scottish Cup Final 2018
View attachment 293917

From Hampden park

Aberdeen VS St Johnstone
A repeat last years final

Team news

Aberdeen
View attachment 293914

Team is 100% fully fit

St Johnstone
View attachment 293915

Staring player Zach Szemis and Gordon smith are injured while Aberdeens winger Histijan Vasilev is illegible and injured

The Match

18 secs - Goal - Aberdeen 1-0 St Johnstone - Goncalves
Were wasting no time here and the Leagues top scorer has us in front

Injury - St Johnstone forward Luca Beermann goes off injured, Or Drunk

HT - Aberdeen 1-0 St Johnstone

89 - Goal - Aberdeen 2-0 St Johnstone - Brett Archer
How its taken us another 89 minutes to score again is beyond me but the nerves are finally settled and the cups in the bag

FT - Aberdeen 2-0 St Johnstone

View attachment 293918

The Scottish Cup is retained and more importantly having fought for years to win the league we complete a domestic treble and quickly become the team to beat in Scotland

A previous final memory
View attachment 293916

Season 2017/18 Season review

SPL - Winner
Scottish Cup - Winner
League Cup - Winner
Champions League - Semi Final

Season Stats
View attachment 294166

We've arrived. We are now indisputably the top team in Scotland but next season we'll have to go out and prove that Europe was not just a flash in the pan

Final team talk
"Wow that cup win really pushed us over the limit. Only Sir Alex Ferguson has done better at Pittodrie and thanks to you boys in now a dons Icon"

SPL

View attachment 294170View attachment 294171View attachment 294172

6 years since anyone except Celtic won the SPL and 23 years since any non Old Firm team took the title Aberdeen deservedly won the league by 10 points finishing with a massive but beatable 90 points, 3 short of Celtic's record

Rangers up to a distant 3rd

Livingston went down after being bottom most the season

Dunfermline win the 1st Division

Scottish Cup

Aberdeen 2-0 St Johnstone

View attachment 294174

We retain the Scottish Cup for the second time in a row

Scottish League Cup

Aberdeen 2-0 Hearts

View attachment 294175

Aberdeen secured there first trophy of the season beating a game Hearts side 2-0

2017/18 awards

Footballer of the year
Derek Sneddon
View attachment 294177

Finished with 6 goals and 17 assists,was regularly subbed to give other youngsters game time

Writers footballer of the year
Ellis Chant

League Player of the year
Michal Soldan
View attachment 294178

Our Best player stats wise had his best season at the club so far, How he stays here and never wants to move on is beyond me

Top scorer
Esmael Goncalves
View attachment 294179

24 goals in 22 games. How many would it have been had we not been on our European run and he played more games!

Young player of the year
Josep Caberstany
View attachment 294180

The improving Spanish retains his award

Team of the season
5 Players including back up defender Chris Keogh, did i miss a trick with him?
View attachment 294181

Manager of the year
Darran Donald - finally
View attachment 294182

Match of the Season
14th March 2018
Man City 2-2 Aberdeen
View attachment 294183

Although we beat Real Madrid and Man Utd later in the competition this was my favorite moment. In typical underdog fashion we were 2-0 down and out of the competition when we scored to put us back ahead and to make it safe City's keeper went off injured and we scored another goal in stoppage time

Signing of the season
Brett Archer
View attachment 294184
Non of my new signings had a stand out season but Archer was the best of the lot, Now that he's signed up permanent he'll get more games

Player of the season
Esmael Goncalves

The striker was phenomenal and ended in a 4 way tie with Messi, Mario Gomez and Caberstany for Champions League top scorer

Champions League final
Man Utd 1-3 Tottenham

View attachment 294185

Spurs shock the favorites to win the title for the 2nd time. Defending champs Barcelona out at the last 16.

Europa League final
Leverkusen 2-1 Chelsea

View attachment 294186

Favorites Chelsea loose in the final, Arsenal drop the ball at Lille

Other Euro leagues

Man City hold of Spurs to win the league, defending champs Man Utd only 5th
View attachment 294187

Dortmunds thrash all comers
View attachment 294188

Juventus still rule in Italia
View attachment 294189

Real Madrid retain but check out the top 3!
View attachment 294190

Going into the summer

Difficult to say what im hoping for before we get under way again. I'd like to keep all my best players at the club. Maybe adjust the loan back up players to full time players or good youth players. Will defiantly be adding to the youth team if as i expect Aberdeen becomes a more attractive home

Next update may be a few days away with the festive period now underway with family visiting, food to eat and other games hopefully arriving from Santa's slay

Have a great Christmas everyone!

Season preview 2018/19
Improving on perfection

Targets

Retaining the treble is a realistic target and I'd like to repeat European Football after Christmas but repeating last seasons European run will be asking too much

League - Winner
Scottish Cup - Winner
Scottish League Cup - Winner
Europe - Champions league last 16

Transfers
View attachment 294459

Were not a buying club but when the best regen I've seen in the game so far becomes available spending a huge sum isn't beyond reason

In

One great regen who will start right away, 3 who have to work there way into the squad

Mark Loeffen - AT
View attachment 294463

This is the boy. He stood out like a forest fire when i did a youth player search, had to check twice i didn't untick the unrealistic target box

Grzegorz Glowacki - MR
View attachment 294460

The 16 year old Pole come to the club loaded with potential. Will struggle to break into the team with my strongest position being on the right wing so he will have to learn to play left to get the necessary chances

Oliver Hanson, MC and Jens Anderson, GK both sign on as prospects for the future while Elia Innocenti arrives on loan as back up to my forward selection but i doubt he'll play much

View attachment 294462 View attachment 294464

Out

A basic rule of surviving at Pittodrie is to turn a profit in the transfer market meaning i can't risk holding onto players who wont sign a new contract.

Esmael Goncalves was a player i couldn't afford to loose but when he requested at a final offer £32k a year and my maximum is £12k his time was up, probably should have waited till after then transfer window and sold him on September 1st but nevermind. His sale funded Loeffen who has a lot to live up to.

Esmael Goncalves
View attachment 294461
105 Appearances
71 Goals
7.45 Ave Rating

Other 1st team players leaving are Jarno Ekman as im giving Keogh a shot as starting center back, Cameron Smith who played 3 games all off the bench last season

Summer news
Sackings from the 2018 World cup and SPL teams looking for a change make for a busy window

Manager changes
Unai Emery - Bilbao, Frank De Boer sacked
Marcelino - Valencia, Marco Van Basten sacked
Gordon Strachan - Motherwell, David Moyes sacked
Steven Gerrard - Hibs, Roy Keane sacked
Rafa Benitiz - Man City
Manuel Pellegrini - Barcelona
Roberto Mancini - England
Tito Vilanova - Spain
Frederic Anntonetti - France

Top Transfers
Lorenzo Crisetig - Man City - £44.5m
Xherdan Shaquiri - Man City - £44m
Andy Polo - Tottenham - £27.5m
Horacio Merlo - Barcelona - £23.5m
View attachment 294465

Marc ter Stegen - Real Madrid - £23.5m
Inigo Martinez - Bayern Munich - £22m
Siyanda Xulu - Tottenham - £17.75m
Dedryck Boyata - Barcelona - £17.5m
Jonathan Oakes - Man City - £17m
View attachment 294466

Henrique Reginaldo - Marseille - £15.5m
View attachment 294467

Top SPL Transfers
Not involving Aberdeen

Mario Cacic - Celtic £4.7m, I tried to buy last summer
View attachment 294469

Nicky Devlin - Celtic - £1.3m
Jay Fulton - Rangers - £900k
Jakob Jantscher - Celtic - £850k
Charlie Mulgrew - Celtic - £700k, Has been at Brighton for 3 seasons
Graeme Narey - Hibs - 500K
Clark Robertson - Hearts - £325m

First team 2018
View attachment 294468

Loeffen comes right into the starting 11 to lead our strike force
Keogh replaces Ekman at center back, expect a lot more goals from him and his heading stats

Last edited:
Great transfers. Hopefully Loeffen will be better than Goncalves.

Yeah i do too. Goncalves was handy enough once he got going, In his last season he was the difference in getting us through to the latter stages in Europe and got more than a goal a game in the SPL

August

Fail to repeat our perfect start from last season
Tough Champions League group
World Cup results i forgot to post

Fixtures

Aberdeen 5-0 Inverness
Cabestany 2
Soldan
Keogh
Loeffen

4 goals up after half a a hour as we make it clear early doors were out to defend our title. Cameron Smith at St Johnstone scored the first goal of the season. Interesting to see how he gets on

Dunfermline 0-4 Aberdeen
Elias 2
Loeffen 2

Dunfermline gave us a scare making it 2-1 early in the second half but within 4 minutes we were 4-1 up and another win was in the bag

Aberdeen 0-0 Dundee

Our first slip up of the season, Unacceptable result

League
View attachment 294571

Were off to a flying start with 2 big wins but came embarrassingly unstuck at home to Dundee

Player of the Month
Elias
View attachment 294572

Goals and assist then was injured for the Dundee match so he escaped the aggressive team talks

Champions League Group Draw
Aberdeen get the 2nd toughest group

Paris SG
Juventus
Aberdeen
Koln

I believe all 4 teams can beat each other. Least confident I've been about progressing from either of the past 2 Groups

August Transfers

I looked high and low for good players for another European odyssey but all got was a transfer listed youngster from Man Utd

View attachment 294573

World transfers
View attachment 294575

SPL Transfers
Celtic continue to add quality
View attachment 294576

World Cup 2018
The World Cup i forgot all about

View attachment 294574

Italy become 5 times world champions
Spain eliminated at the Group stage by Senegal, Mexico and Wales!!!

Great work in the transfer market finding some good players. I am about to start the 2016/17 season with Celtic but the Champions League home grown rules are taking a toll on my squad.

Great work in the transfer market finding some good players. I am about to start the 2016/17 season with Celtic but the Champions League home grown rules are taking a toll on my squad.

I think even with all my youth im still not far over the 8 players required. really have to look for 16 years olds to develop through to the 1st team

September

Kilmarnock cost us top spot in the SPL
Perfect start in the Champions League
Scottish League cup 3rd round is certainly an away day

Fixtures

Hearts 0-2 Aberdeen
Sneddon
Loeffen

Alex Butler plays his 100th league game for Aberdeen while Derek Sneddon ends a goal drought to get his 75th league goal

Kilmarnock 1-0 Aberdeen

Several star players were rested and the outcome was disgusting!

Aberdeen 3-1 Paris SG - Champions League Match 1
O'G
Elias
Loeffen

We open the Champions league with a stunning win in a match we dominated from the off

View attachment 294783

Aberdeen 3-0 Celtic
Edge
Loeffen
Sneddon

Kept the 1st team with a break in mid week. We beat the title favorites very easily following a start to the season much worse than ours

Raith Rovers 0-2 Aberdeen - League Cup 3rd round
Kardum 2

We eventually proved too much for Raith but have you ever seen so many home teams go out?

View attachment 294784

Motherwell 0-2 Aberdeen
Archer
Kardum

We inflict Motherwell's 1st defeat of the season to get back up to 2nd after our dodgy start

League
View attachment 294785

Horrible result against Killie won the rest including my main rivals Celtic and Motherwell, Not that Celtic looks like rivals down with 8th with 4 defeats from 7 games!

Player of the Month
Derek Sneddon
View attachment 294786

Made a slow start in August but came alive in September. Scored in every league game and got a vital assist against PSG

October

A month of clean sheets, 8 in a row in all competitions, 2 more and we get a steam achievement woohoo!
3-0 wins in Koln and Turin!
Laughed out of the Scotland job again as recently sacked Roy Keane becomes Scotland boss, This is really annoying now!

Fixtures

Koln 0-3 Aberdeen - Champions League match 2
Elias
Loeffen
Sneddon

Total domination in Germany, Can't say that too often. Leaves a interesting double header with Juventus coming up at the end of the month and start of November

View attachment 294828

Aberdeen 2-0 St Johnstone
Loeffen
Lecomte

No problems beating the league leaders and taking there place at the top

Dundee Utd 0-1 Aberdeen
Kardum

We turned it up a few notches when Cabestany came off the bench to take the game by the scruff of the neck and lead us to victory, also hitting the woodwork twice himself

Juventus 0-3 Aberdeen - Champions League Match 3
Archer 2
Cabestany

Totally didn't realize Juventus made this deal of the decade, Made no difference in today's game however
View attachment 294832

Some match in Koln
View attachment 294829

Aberdeen 4-0 Hibs
Keogh
Bamba
O'G
Kardum

End the month in the league with a 7th shut out in a row

Hibs 0-1 Aberdeen - League Cup Q/F
Flavio

Were through to the last 4 in 2019 after a stubborn defensive display by our back up players

League
View attachment 294831

We hit top spot after 7 games!. End the month 8 and 11 points clear of the Old Firm. Relegation favourites Dunfermline hit rock bottom, expect them to stay there going by recently promoted teams luck

Player of the Month
Chris Pierce
View attachment 294830

The defender was the only player to have played every game in October

November

Win our Champions League group and have 5 wins from 5
Big back to back away wins to Inverness and Rangers
Could Juventus and PSG be going out of the Champions League

Fixtures

Aberdeen 5-0 Juventus - Champions League Match 4
Archer
Loeffen 2
Cabestany
Pierce

Sorry but what on earth happened here? Best Aberdeen result ever? Koln fought back to beat PSG so we've won the group so leaves the question do we go all out to get the £1.5m prize money or play youths in the final two games?

View attachment 294850

Inverness CT 1-4 Aberdeen
Elias
Sneddon 2
O'G

A win but very sadly we concede our first goal in 11 games and 2 months

Rangers 1-5 Aberdeen
Loeffen 2
Sneddon
O'G
Pierce

This went a long way to making up to our defeats to the Gers last season

Aberdeen 3-1 Dunfermline
Kardum
Elias
Cabestany

Not to sure why were starting to let in goals every game but thankfully were scoring more than we let in

Dundee 0-0 Aberdeen

After 14 wins in a row we finally get stuck with a draw. Still it was the youth team as i cannot afford to go for the money that comes with victory in the Champions League

Paris SG 0-1 Aberdeen - Champions League Match 5
Sneddon

A plucky defensive display by the dons as we set up to counter attack from kick off with the vital moment coming early in the 1st half. Koln now up to 2nd having been all but out at the half way stage. They will certainly be in Europe after Christmas but will it be Europa League or Champions League?

View attachment 294851

League
View attachment 294852

Aberdeen still well clear at the top with Celtic starting to find some form, but still 10 points behind us

Player of the Month
Mark Loeffen
View attachment 294853

The young Dutch forward grew fond of scoring braces in Novembers big games against Juventus and Rangers

December

Loose to Celtic but still 10 points clear at the top
Aberdeen end the group with a 100% record and are joined by Juventus in the last 16
Stewart McCall sacked after we beat his Hearts team. David Moyes takes over

Fixtures

Aberdeen 3-1 Inverness CT - Scottish Cup 4th Round
Glowacki
Kardum 2

The back up team's best performance so far easing into the next round

Aberdeen 1-0 Hearts
Kardum

We were very lucky to pick up all 3 points. Hearts had a late equalizer right a the end disallowed. This unfortunate result was enough to see Stuart McCall get the sack

Aberdeen 2-0 Koln - Champions League match 6
Cabestany
Sneddon

Certainly our worst European performance of the season but we still were lucky enough to have won and bagged another £869K. Juventus will join us in the last 16

View attachment 295008

Aberdeen 2-0 Kilmarnock
Elias
O'G

Kilmarnock made a right go of it till they scored a 90th minute O'G ensuring the gap at the top continues to grow

Celtic 2-0 Aberdeen

Horrible way to roll into Christmas loosing both half's 1-0 and never looking like scoring throughout

Aberdeen 2-0 Motherwell
Loeffen
Sneddon

Chris Pierce plays his 150th game for Aberdeen and was involved in keeping a familiar clean sheet

League
View attachment 295009

We lost away to Celtic but that aside it was a good month. Reached the half way stage of the season and were 10 points clear plus a huge advantage in goal difference

Player of the Month
Goalkeepers
View attachment 295010View attachment 295011

Two international keepers fighting for No1 spot. Shared in a similar way to Man Utd's keepers

Champions League

Final Table
View attachment 295012

Other shocks apart from Aberdeen being great were Athletico Madrid, Inter and Napoli out of the group the stage. Red Star are the team we'd have dreamed of getting in the last 16! Barcelona V Tottenham is the highlight of the round as the two most successful teams since i started the game

View attachment 295013

Thanks guys. Really chuffed with the European results. Hopefully a good run in the knockout phases will follow again. Girlfriends off out tomorrow night so should get a couple of months done then​

January

1 draw and 7 wins and another plus all our main players stayed
Aberdeen get there biggest win under my leadership
Messi Retains the Golden ball but Neymar wins world player of the year
View attachment 295220

Fixtures

St Johnstone 1-3 Aberdeen
Elias
Loeffen 2

The Perthshire outfit gave us a scare by pulling level at half time but a double from Loeffen saved our bacon

Aberdeen 4-0 Dundee Utd
Loeffen
Sneddon
Hughes
Lecomte

"How to win a derby"

Hibs 0-2 Aberdeen
Sneddon
Elias

Helped on our way by a controversial penalty but no complaints from me on a day that our 2 closest rivals both lost

Aberdeen 0-0 Rangers

We didn't make enough chances and this was all we were worth tonight

Aberdeen 3-0 Inverness CT
Cabestany 2
Archer

As comfortable as you'd expect against one of the relegation favorites

Dunfermline 1-5 Aberdeen
Elias 2
Edge
Loeffen
Hansson

This is more like the score I'd expect against relegation strugglers

Aberdeen 3-0 Dundee
Elias
O'G
Loeffen

Aberdeen 7-0 Falkirk - Scottish Cup 5th Round
Hughes
Archer
Hansson
Kardum
Mjornen
Edge 2

This is our biggest win so far

League
View attachment 295209

Gap stays at 13 points for most of the month while Celtic in 3rd are 19 points behind and in danger of not making the Champions League, Great battle to survive at the bottom too

Player of the Month
Derek Sneddon
View attachment 295213

Since finally getting his 1st goal for Scotland in November Sneddon has been on fire

January transfers

One newbie joins Aberdeen, Will start in the youth team but in usual tradition he'll get plenty of games

Par Backstrom
View attachment 295217

World Transfers
View attachment 295219
Bayern Munich and Arsenal are the big spenders

SPL Transfers
View attachment 295210

Dundee Utd buy our back up wingers Vojtech Prihoda and Kilmarnock stock up on players for there assault on 2nd place

Back