STAND FREE WHEREVER YOU MAY BE - And you thought Celtic beating Barca was something!

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr_Grieves
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 405K
He is Mental! Must be something in the Defensive Midfielders!

If i quit this game before he's 30, doubtfull but if i did i'd sell him and see if he'd get into the world team of the year playing for a bigger team. Sneddon's my child however, No Herrera skillwise but he's mine

He is Mental! Must be something in the Defensive Midfielders!

If i quit this game before he's 30, doubtfull but if i did i'd sell him and see if he'd get into the world team of the year playing for a bigger team. Sneddon's my child however, No Herrera skillwise but he's mine

I should add he is the 2nd best DM I have seenregen wise! lol.

View attachment 296262

Despite planning to keep going with this story for a lot longer than i have, at least past the transfer window i've been tempted into taking on my mate Klippybo at our Champions League Challenge! I will certainly be coming back to this story later on in the year once i've finished my attempts at the challenge and hopefully finally take Aberdeen to the Champions Leauge Glory.

Meanwhile have a look at my new story, hopefully that will be as fruitful and enjoyable as my time for the Dons so far

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...1373-ultimate-champions-league-challenge.html

Thanks to everyone who has commented, liked and followed the story, Especially gogogo golem who's kept the story alive with constant input.

[video=youtube;K9q70zCJYBc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9q70zCJYBc[/video]

Yep its true

As you may have already read im making a comeback. After spending 2 months chasing as many Champions League titles as possible im here to complete a dream i've been trying to fulfill since the early editions of Football managers!

Winning the Champions League with Aberdeen

Will be embarking on a massive player search having failed to add to the squad at all last time i played while looking through the tactics and training to see if there is anything else i can add to my team which i learned on my champions league expedition. Wont want to spend to much cash as i want a new stadium!

August

We make our greatest start ever
Steven Gerrard quits high flying Hibs to take over at Napoli
Nightmare draw for the Champions League

-- Fixtures --

Aberdeen 4-1 Motherwell
Elias
Loeffen 2
Sneddon

Aberdeen flew into a 3 goal lead then as we were looking set to thrash them Motherwell pulled one back but danger of a comeback didn't last and we got a 4th soon after to make sure we start the season as we mean to go on.

Kilmarnock 1-4 Aberdeen
Loeffen 2
Pierce
Kardum

This was identical to Motherwell game goals in the exact same order, 3-0 lead at half time again too

Aberdeen 2-0 Hearts
Anderson
Loeffen

We win again but im starting to worry about our second half performances as yet again were didn't score any goals in the second half after looking so dangerous 1st half

Dundee 0-8 Aberdeen
Butler
Loeffen 3
O'G
Elias
Soldan
Sneddon

Worry about second half performances was i? 4 goals in each half and a thumping win. Were really looking very good with our more professional set up and improved training set up is showing good signs immediately

St Johnstone 1-6 Aberdeen
Soldan 2
Elias
Andersen
Butler
Sneddon

****** **** this is scary. The whole team is banging the goals in.

League
View attachment 313073

An utterly ridiculous start to the season. 5 wins from 5 games isn't surprising but the 24 goals we've put in during those 5 games is almost stupid. Neither Celtic or Rangers make a start that makes me thinks they'll challenge us this season.

Player of the month
Mark Loeffen
View attachment 313074

Having built the team around strikers during my sabbatical i was quietly confident that Loeffen would get a bagful of goals this season

Champions League Draw
Group H
View attachment 313075

Wow! This is an awful draw! We will be doing very well to overcome Paris SG and Liverpool while the "weakest" team Zaragoza will not be a simple task to overcome.

I'll be quite happy with a spot in the Europa League after this draw

August Transfers

IN

Fredy Guarin - MC
View attachment 313076
Might be 33 but Fredy will over some great experience for the outgoing Fernando Vaz. He's only in on a season long loan and i failed to notice he can't play in Europe but he'll add much needed depth to the middle of the park

Michael Pereira - ML
View attachment 313077

If not noticing Guarin's illegibility was one mistake not noticing Joe Edge's move to Galatasary wont go through till January was my 2nd. Otherwise Pererira would have never been bought in on loan. On the plus side it even more depth to add to the squad

Out

Fernando Vaz was brought up through the club but after making noises about leaving last year and when Bordeaux bid £7.5m i decided to let him go and bring through my youngsters and Guarin on loan.

Joe Edge arrive only Aberdeen on deadline day last season but after being back up to Cabestay who i thought would leave this summer. However with the Spanish winger staying and multiple offers coming for Edge i decider to sell him to Galatasary making almost £7m profit in transfer fee's

Oliver Hansson and Gordon Holt went on loan to SPL teams with a view of coming back to challenge for the 1st team next season

World transfers
View attachment 313079

SPL Transfer
More about players leaving the SPL rather than coming.
View attachment 313078

Decent deals. Great month but that CL draw is tough.

Yeah! Just about to play our 1st game and i really dont know how we'll do. Think a lot of counter attacking against Liverpool and PSG is the only way for us

September

Fixtures

Aberdeen 2-1 Celtic
Elias
Archer

Our hardest test so far was made harder with Soldan and Butler getting injured in the international window, both our for 1-2 months. In the game we took the lead early on but Celtic quickly pegged us back. The second half was a stalemate till we went into overload mode for the last 10 minutes and we got our rewards through back up winner Brett Archer

Champions League Match 1
Aberdeen 1-1 Paris SG
Elias

I should be happy for getting the points on the board but having a 81st minute winner ruled out leaves a bad taste in my mouth. It will be very interesting to see how importaint that proves to be by the time we meet again at match 5

Liverpool sneaked a win in the other group match. This is going to be a close cut thing!
View attachment 313101

Dunfermline 1-4 Aberdeen
Loeffen
Backstrom
Cabestany
Kardum

We were in real danger at half time. Dunfermline had equalized and we looking like they could get a second and continued to present a danger till we finally got a 3rd to put in beyond the Pars.

League Cup 3rd round
St Mirren 2-3 Aberdeen
Hughes
Kardum
Archer

The Saints put on quite a show more fitting than there 2nd division status even if it was against a back up, injury infested Aberdeen side who still got through
Motherwell await in the Quarter Finals

Aberdeen 5-0 Ross County
Elias 2
Pierce
Loeffen
Sneddon

Within 8 minutes we were unbelievably 4-0 up! The boys clearly backed off after that and by half time i was time wasting to the max just to see the game end.

League
View attachment 313103

Celtic came closest but still nobody can deny us of victory and we are now 8 for 8. Life without Steven Gerrard is going ok for Hibs so far as there still in 2nd all be it a distant 2nd already

Player of the month
Elias
View attachment 313104

Last season he was outstanding as part of the midfield and now with a licence to go forward he's destroying defenses across Europe

Good to see this back up and running, given up on the CL Challenge?

Good to see this back up and running, given up on the CL Challenge?

Not given up just returning to this story. Done most of the big teams and was getting a bit board of the CL Challenge. Thought about coming back to this story over the last 2 weeks. So im back here till i get burned out of this story but having spent the afternoon back at Pittodrie thats not even entered my mind.

Always nice to see a Scottish story where someone takes on a team bar Celtic/Rangers and turns them into the top dogs in Scotland who can also produce at European level. I'd love to do a Hibs story similar to this but I'm usually sacked by winter :S Even with Zwaanswijk dominating in defence we always ship rubbish goals and can't produce at the other end.

Love the story mate, keep it up

October

We beat Liverpool in the Champions League
Meanwhile we almost lost 3 domestic games around the Liverpool success
A local consortium plan a take over. I'll only be chuffed if they build me a new stadium!

View attachment 314046

--Fixtures--

Champions League Match 2
Real Zaragoza 1-1 Aberdeen
Loeffen

We had a very close shave with the Spanish. Started badly falling behind after 5 minutes to a Pedro goal then lost Brett Archer right on half time to injury. The second half was duller than a dull thing till the 90th minute when our main man up front Mark Loeffen scored, even though i thought I'd brought him off but pretty grateful i didn't

View attachment 314044

Aberdeen 4-1 Dundee Utd
Bamba
Guarin
Kardum
Cabestany

The winning run goes on but it was not as easy as the score suggests. We were behind after 10 minutes and it was still like that with half a hour to go when We started scoring.

Hibs 1-1 Aberdeen
Elias

International breaks are really getting on my nerves, This time Sneddon, Keogh, Bamba and Monnard all return injured. This i feel was the biggest influence on our winning run ending. Kardum made his 100th appearance for the dons

Champions League Match 3
Aberdeen 1-0 Liverpool
Peiera

We get our 1st win in the Champions League which lifts us up into 2nd position. We did edge the match and deserved the win with the goal coming from our 3rd choice winger. Very impressed as the squad is pretty knackered from injury's too.

View attachment 314045

Rangers 0-0 Aberdeen
Awful match. Both sides were very poor and neither deserved to win!

League Cup Q/F
Motherwell 2-3 Aberdeen
Guarin 2
Elias

Tonight we saw another Aberdeen comeback special. 2-0 Down after half a hour and playing poorly. Second half we didn't look like scoring so went all out attack and within 10 minute Guarin and Elias had us level before Motherwell's implosion was complete with a red card then a second from Guarin to take us into the semi finals

League
View attachment 314042

Celtic are the form team of the month but still nobody really capitalized on our awful domestic form after the international break.

Player of the month
Josep Cabestany
View attachment 314043

The Spanish winger hasn't been scoring at the same rate as last season but is still playing his socks off

Back