STAND FREE WHEREVER YOU MAY BE - And you thought Celtic beating Barca was something!

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr_Grieves
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 405K
I just knew that Bamba would go. Sadly i must admit but i seen it coming. Are you chuffed with what you got for him?

I Was hoping to get nearer £30m for him but accepted all offers over £22m so have to live with my choice. Forgot to mention at the time that Barcelona had agree'd to buy him for £29m but didnt have the cash so the deal fell through.

I Was hoping to get nearer £30m for him but accepted all offers over £22m so have to live with my choice. Forgot to mention at the time that Barcelona had agree'd to buy him for £29m but didnt have the cash so the deal fell through.

When i saw the amount i kind of thought that it may not be exactly what you wanted. I would of wanted more had it been me but at least you got a fair amount for him mate. Looking forward to a Treble this year!!

Looking forward to a Treble this year!!

Dont look forward to it too much haha. We've put in some awful performances in the cups which is really strange. Not sure if success in Europe does something to the team's ego as since we've won the Champions League our performances in the cup have flopped. I still offer the same financial incentives as i've always done and the squad is usually really strong if were playing a SPL team but whether there's something in the game which makes your players "want it" less once the players and clubs rep goes up?

Anyone got any idea's or notice the same with there teams?

Coutts looks quality. Also, stonecold, reading your most recent post, have you considered decreasing you bonuses for domestic competitions, you're going to win the league anyway and the cups don't matter that much, they do matter.

Coutts looks quality. Also, stonecold, reading your most recent post, have you considered decreasing you bonuses for domestic competitions, you're going to win the league anyway and the cups don't matter that much, they do matter.

But they are the one's i'm not winning consistently so wouldnt it be best to keep them high rather than drop them and the team play even worse?

But they are the one's i'm not winning consistently so wouldnt it be best to keep them high rather than drop them and the team play even worse?
My view is, you can use the cups to develop youngsters and keep players match fit, the benefits aren't that high to taking them that seriously and allows you to focus on Europe.

My view is, you can use the cups to develop youngsters and keep players match fit, the benefits aren't that high to taking them that seriously and allows you to focus on Europe.

Yeah i see your point but i want to win as many trophys as i can. Obviously the Champions League means more but if a strong Aberdeen team cant win in the 5th round then what would a youth team do?. Will try lowering it next season and see what happens

August

Perfect start to the League defense
Go right to the top of the table thrashing rivals Hearts and Rangers
League Cup 3rd round draw pairs us with Elgin in a local derby

Fixtures

Aberdeen 7-0 Rangers
Elias
Essomba
Loeffen 2
Pierce
Cabestany
Hugo

Rangers may have bought a few international players but there still a very long way away from matching Aberdeen. What a start we've made!

Hearts 1-4 Aberdeen
Cabestany
Loeffen
Sneddon
Essomba

This was my 600th game in charge of Aberdeen and i asked for 6 goals to commemorate the occasion. But I'll be quite happy to take a 4-1 away win to one of our closest rivals.

Aberdeen 3-0 Ross County
Sneddon
Loeffen
O'G

Was certainly not our best performance but enough to hold onto our 100% record this season

St Johnstone 0-3 Aberdeen
Loeffen 3

One man show. Goals in every game for Loeffen

League
View attachment 334271

A perfect start with 4 wins from 4 with Rangers and Hearts soundly beaten along the way. Non of the teams i expected to challenge make a good start especially Hearts who only take 1 point from August

Player of the month
Mark Loeffen
View attachment 334272

Our star man scored in every game and rounds the month off with a hattrick

Scotland

Squad
Steve Cairney and Scott Robertson returns to fitness and makes it my best possible squad

Friendly
Serbia 2-1 Scotland
Sneddon

All we got from Serbia was a late consolation

View attachment 334273

Finally done reading from the start. Great story. Great achievements, especially for a Scottish team. Like how Soldan and Sneddon have been with you all the way too. Going by past seasons i wouldn't be surprised if Rangers end your unbeaten record. They have a habit of stinging you in the tail. Good start too this season too. Well Done!

August transfers

World Transfers
Only Bayern break £20m
View attachment 334532

Scottish Transfers
Blackpool invest in the SPL
View attachment 334533

Meanwhile at Pittodrie

I was busy watching tv and skipped past the deadline day missing the chance to do my usual last day major player search.

I still managed to make a few changes to the squad.

In

Gerado Montenegro
View attachment 334534

The Italian defender who is at his 3rd club despite only being 16. Started at Grasshoppers before moving to Basel where he signed on as a pro. His ability to play anywhere across the back "Phil Jones without the faces" means I'll be giving him plenty of games

Out

Max Salomonssen - 128 games 1 goal
The dependable back up's 9 season stay at Pittodrie is over after not made a single appearance all season and i felt sorry for holding him back so when he asked for a loan move i decided to put him up for sale and i was overjoyed that Blackpool offered £7.5m for him.

Chris Gauld and Ruben Ruiz have left on loan but can be called back if i desire.

I was busy watching tv and skipped past the deadline day missing the chance to do my usual last day major player search.

I hope you don't loose to Bayern Munich by watching Bayern Munich ;)

I think an online game is in call for Darran. When all the leagues have been updated etc at the end of the season. By that time I will be able to play my save a bit less probably with Atalanta

I think an online game is in call for Darran. When all the leagues have been updated etc at the end of the season. By that time I will be able to play my save a bit less probably with Atalanta

August?

Hopefully i will enjoy the same success as i did with Man Utd Vs Chelski haha!

Scotland

Squad
Unbelievable as all 23 players remain fit for the 3rd squad selection in a row

Euro Qualifier match 6
Scotland 6-0 Armenia
Lindsay
Robinson
Cairney
Sibbald
Macari 2

Not sure why we were in such dominant form but we destroyed Armenia's hopes of going to the Euro's tonight

View attachment 334802

Euro Qualifier match 7
Belgium 2-2 Scotland
Lindsay
Ross

What a game and what a result. Between the game 5 players were sent home sick or injured. Only replacement i bring in is George Coutts, who never got off the bench. Belgium twice had the lead but we deservedly pegged them back twice and Stuart Ross making a rare start got the vital strike that keeps us on top, Just

View attachment 334803

September

Keep our 100% record in the league, and All competitions actually
Thrash Napoil in our opening Champions League match
Elgin suffer against our kids in the Cup. Greenock Morton in the Quarter Finals

Fixtures

Aberdeen 4-0 Dundee Utd
Elias 2
Archer
Loeffen

We put 4 goals past Dundee Utd who might have been better of using our former back up keeper Danny Rogers.

Celtic 0-3 Aberdeen
Loeffen 2
Sneddon

Celtic were no match for Loeffen and our boys. Monnard makes his 300th Aberdeen appearance

Champions League match 1
Aberdeen 5-0 Napoli
Soldan
Loeffen 2
Essomba
Elias

It felt more like a SPL game as we got a 4 goal lead in less than half a hour. Added a 5th towards the end. Dream start

View attachment 334924

Aberdeen 6-1 Hibs
Loeffen 3
O'G
Cabestany
Valente

Apparently we threw in a few youngsters today. Hugo, Coutts, Grant and Valente all played superbly

League Cup 3rd Round
Aberdeen 4-0 Elgin
Valente
David
Hugo
Archer

Mostly kids but a few players coming back from injury led to a very easy win!

Dunfermline 0-4 Aberdeen
Loeffen
Elias
Sneddon
Hugo

Brilliant end to a brilliant month!

League
View attachment 334922

Just missed out on a perfect month by letting in a late goal against Hibs still no complaints with 8 wins from 8. More shocking is the other end where Hearts have yet to win from 8 games.

Player of the month
David
View attachment 334923

Fighting for a starting spot has brought the very best out of the Spanish Midfielder

Scotland

Squad
Scott Robinson, George Clarke, L Kidd all return while Steve Cairney, Craig Sibbald and Denny Johnstone all miss out injured

Friendly
Azerbaijan 0-2 Scotland
Sneddon 2

Put out a fairly strong side and came away with everything i wanted from the game in a win and a clean bill of health. Craig Crawford won his 50th cap

View attachment 334958

While we were winning our friendly Turkey beat Belgium to secure a place in the finals for ourselves and Turkey. We'll fight for top spot in the final match

View attachment 334959

Euro Qualifier match 8
Scotland 2-1 Turkey
Forrest
Hanley

The result looks tight but we thrashed Turkey at Hampden. Struggled to get the winning goal but of all people veteran Center Back Grant Hanley showed up to head home the "Group Winning goal" On this historic day Derek Sneddon, Tom Cairney and Jack Grimmer all win there 75th cap.

View attachment 334960

This is incredible! Taken me 3 days to read through this entire story but it was worth it, Loeffen is the 2nd or 3rd best regen I've seen on this game. Also great to see the might Pars going strongly in 8th, my team are the dark horses of the season just you watch. Next 5 years Dunfermline 3 vs 2 Aberdeen in the champions league final.

This is incredible! Taken me 3 days to read through this entire story but it was worth it, Loeffen is the 2nd or 3rd best regen I've seen on this game. Also great to see the might Pars going strongly in 8th, my team are the dark horses of the season just you watch. Next 5 years Dunfermline 3 vs 2 Aberdeen in the champions league final.

Just working through October and your 5 year plan may have just taken a huge hit

October

11 games 11 wins. Domestic dominance
Win two tricky ties to keep our 100% record in the Champions League too
2 Managers loosing there jobs! Dundee Utd sack David Crawford, Replaced by former Wolves and West Ham Winger Matt Jarvis & Hearts horrible start to the season cost Gary Bollan his job and he was replaced with Dunfermline's Chris Coleman

Fixtures

Champions League Match 2
Leverkusen 0-2 Aberdeen
Sneddon
Loeffen

We faced our former Champions League winning Left Back Oscar Nanclares and was happy to get revenge on his decision to leave to a "Bigger Team". Loeffen and Sneddon unsurprisingly leading us forward.

Aberdeen 2-0 Motherwell
Loeffen 2

One of our poorest performances of my time in charge. Team seemed quite tired from the Leverkusen game but went full strength since its internationals after this game.

Kilmarnock 0-3 Aberdeen
Loeffen 2
David

A sloppy 1st half was forgotten as we kicked into gear. Chris Pierce played his 350th game for Aberdeen

Champions League Match 3
Aberdeen 3-1 Red Bull Salzburg
Hugo 3

Came in at half time 1-0 down. The u21's have never herd such rage and anger as i tried to inspire them to go out and attack the Austrian Champs and Hugo answered the call by scoring a mega important hattrick

View attachment 335049

Dundee 0-1 Aberdeen
Sneddon

Dundee were defensively minded and set up and it came close to catching us out but as the 2nd half got going i pushed Sneddon up front to do the business and my long serving god saved the day.

League
View attachment 335046

Were still waltzing away with the league. Celtic have made a better start to the league than usual. Hearts are still at the bottom and in rough shape as Chris Coleman takes charge.

Player of the month
Armand Essomba
View attachment 335048

Far from the finished article but like David he's on top of his game as he too fights for a 1st team place

Back