STAND FREE WHEREVER YOU MAY BE - And you thought Celtic beating Barca was something!

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr_Grieves
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 405K

View attachment 335086
Aberdeen In talks to join Premiership
View attachment 335084

The owner of Aberdeen plc claimed today the club have already had preliminary discussions about leaving the Scottish Premier League and joining the English Premiership.
Lee Burns said "joining the Premiership would make financial sense for both his club and Glasgow rivals Rangers & Celtic as well as the leading clubs in England."

View attachment 335085View attachment 335088View attachment 335087

"When the (English) Premier League was established, it had nothing to do really with the jurisdiction in which it was played," said Burns. When asked if Aberdeen, Celtic and Rangers would join the Premiership, Burns said: "This will happen inevitably. The ball has already been set rolling and there have been discussions between the chairmen of a number of clubs."

Aberdeen statement

"After talks with the Old firm teams we realize we must make this move for our future development. Staying in the SPL is stifling us and stopping our club and players reaching there full potential. Joining the premiership will provide unlimited potential for growth"

Never really like Chris Coleman as a manager. Too smarmy for me.

I think he is pants! Wales results have gone to pot since he took over. Beating Scotland is no achievement! Interesting choice to take over to be revealed soon!

Scotland

Squad
Sibbald and Cairney return for the winter Friendly

Friendly
Scotland 4-2 Cameroon
S Cairney 3
O'G

The fight continues for the striker position and Stevie Cairney made a large claim for the position

View attachment 335134

Friendly
Mexico 2-1 Scotland
S Cairney

This was my 50th Game in charge of Scotland but noting to celebrate here. My old nemesis Carlos Fierro drives me to tequila again by leading Mexico to this convincing win.

View attachment 335135

Reaction to proposed SPL defection

QPR Chairman Tony Fernandez says Dons Premier League dream is "A Dream"
View attachment 335198

"Fans will not stand for it! Logistically its impossible to expect fans to make a 17 hour round trip from London to Aberdeen to watch 90 minutes of football If they want to to join us they should at Conference level or even right at the bottom playing Pub Teams? They have no right to jump into our great League"

FA Chairman David Beckham also dismissed the reports
View attachment 335199

It’s a very difficult issue but I’m not very much in favor of it

Meanwhile at a wide-ranging meeting Uefa chairman Guilverto Madail also admitted that Uefa faces a challenge to keep other teams and Leagues happy
View attachment 335200

This news follows from our reports that several European Leagues were looking to set up several "multi national" leagues. On the East the Top Russian, Ukrainian and Belarusian teams have been in talks to resurrect the old "Soviet League" The Czech's and Slovaks are also interested in joining the set up while the Scandinavian, Dutch, Denmark and Belgian leagues have been in talks about joining together to create a Superleage on the West of Europe.

"Not every League can be the best and Uefa wont waste our time in such discussions. Each league has to work within the current structure to serve there fans, teams and nations best"

November

Still 100% in the League
Loose our overall 100% record after a 3-3 draw in Napals with our youth team
After loosing Chris Coleman Dunfermline take a chance on Scott Carson as there new manager. Do Goalkeepers make bad managers

Fixtures

League Cup Q/F
Morton 0-2 Aberdeen
Coutts 2

The youth team led by Gavin Coutts march onto the semi finals

Celtic lost to Hibs while our next opponents Rangers and Dundee Utd join us in the Semi finals
View attachment 335217

Champions League Match 4
Red Bull Salzburg 2-3 Aberdeen
David
Essomba
Hugo

The kids got there second game in a row and boy did they almost throw away a 3 goal lead. Were 3-0 up with 15 minutes to go and two quick goals from Salzburg but the match on a knife edge but we clung on to secure top spot in the group already.

View attachment 335218

Aberdeen 2-0 Hearts
Loeffen
Cabestany

Wow what has happened to Hearts! They might have only let in 2 goals but were thrashed soundly. "90th game unbeaten

Rangers 0-4 Aberdeen
Loeffen 2
Soldan 2

Rangers got there 1st chance to take us on this season and it didn't go well, for them HAHA!!!!!

Champions League Match 5
Napoli 3-3 Aberdeen
Glowacki
Coutts
Meeuws

What a match. Had to dig out a tactic from the past with our back up players facing Napoli. Back up wing back Glowacki gave us a shock lead but Napoli had got back in front by half time. In the second half it was Aberdeen who took the game by the throat and went ahead with 2 goals from our substitutes but a last minute goal from Napoli meant the game ended as a draw which was a fair result overall but which almost certainly ends Napoli's run in the competition

View attachment 335219

League
View attachment 335215

Were still Clear at the top while Celtic and st Johnstone are battling for 2nd. Hearts awful start to the season goes on and are now routed to the bottom.

Player of the month
Liam Fotheringham
View attachment 335216

20 Years old, 32 Scotland caps and a regular Center back in the leagues top team. Thanks Dundee United

13 points?! Setting ourselves up for a last second storm on the title. Nah, in all seriousness this is getting very, very impressive. I've managed 25+ unbeated once but nothing even close to this.

this is awsome hope you get the record on my gers save im up to 74 unbeaten and just won the spl my first season back in it

13 points?! Setting ourselves up for a last second storm on the title. Nah, in all seriousness this is getting very, very impressive. I've managed 25+ unbeated once but nothing even close to this.

Before this save im sure i've struggled to have an unbeaten season so even im amazed that this is still going.

this is awsome hope you get the record on my gers save im up to 74 unbeaten and just won the spl my first season back in it

It was very hard to like any such achievement by a Rangers team. Fancy posting a SS of your starting team?

Before this save im sure i've struggled to have an unbeaten season so even im amazed that this is still going.

It was very hard to like any such achievement by a Rangers team. Fancy posting a SS of your starting team?

i would but i dont know how to there are some good players in my side but nothing you would go wow look at him still dont know how i won the spl tbh

Euro 2024 draw
View attachment 335399

We just beat Turkey in qualifying and they join us as 2nd seed with the likes of Austria, Czech Republic, Holland & Germany. Our other Group rival Belgium are 4th seeds

The best group for Scotland is
Denmark
Scotland
Slovenia
Bulgaria

While the worst group we could get is
England
Scotland
Russia
Belgium

In any case I think we can get through to the last 16 as non of the 3rd seeds are particularly strong.

1st Seeds
View attachment 335395

Group C or D would be our choice.

2nd seeds
View attachment 335396

Perfect! Denmark are far and away the worst top seeded team. I've no idea how they are even there ahead of Ourselves, Holland and Germany

From the 3rd seeds anyone except Russia!

3rd seeds
View attachment 335397

Romania. A 1 man team with there left sided striker scoring plenty of goals in Spain for Osasuna.

Only Belgium would worry me. Northern Ireland or Bulgaria would be the best teams to get.

4th seeds
View attachment 335398

Northern Ireland mean there will be a battle of the British sides in Group D. Like Romania they have 1 superstar player, Colin Todd a left winger from Chelsea

Quite a good group. Romania and N Ireland shouldn't offer too much competition while Denmark are beatable.

Back