STAND FREE WHEREVER YOU MAY BE - And you thought Celtic beating Barca was something!

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr_Grieves
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 405K

December

Back up and youth team thrash Dumbarton then more surprisingly Leverkusen both games ending 4-1
Loeffen hits 5 past St Johnstone
New managers struggle

Fixtures

Scottish Cup 4th Round
Aberdeen 4-1 Dumbarton
Meeuws 3
Glowacki

Kids again and there on form again and we have no problems getting to the next round

Ross County 0-3 Aberdeen
Loeffen 3

Happy to come away with our usual 3 points. With the squad being all over the place just now im happy to get the win even if it is all down to Loeffen

Champions League Match 6
Aberdeen 4-1 Levekusen
Archer
Hugo
Elias
Meeuws

Our youth & Back up players destroyed Leverkusen at Pittodrie on end our Group stage on the best possible terms. As well as securing the 3 points Elias Returned from a few months out injured to make his 275th Aberdeen appearance

View attachment 335435

Aberdeen 5-0 St Johnstone
Loeffen 5

Our unbelievable striker Mark Loeffen finds the best way of asking why he isn't considered for the golden ball. More Landmarks as Derek Sneddon makes his 450th Aberdeen appearance while Brett Archer makes his 200th

Dundee Utd 1-5 Aberdeen
Essomba
Sneddon 2
Cabestany 2

Keeper Daniel Monnard went of injured and will miss 2 months and Chris Pierce also got injured and will miss around a month so i can see us let in a few more goals. On the plus side our attacking side is still singing and threw in another 5 goals tonight at Tannadice

Aberdeen 4-0 Celtic
Loeffen 2
Elias
Sneddon

Our first game without two of our long serving defensive units Pierce and Monnard and well we kept a clean sheet against our closest rivals. Loeffen again kicking *** and taking names

Hibs 0-2 Aberdeen
David
Archer

Not our best performance but the boys probably had hogmany on there minds

League
View attachment 335434

Halfway there still yet to drop a point and only let in 3 goals. Simply the best team ever to play in the SPL. Celtic and St Johnstone still battle over 2nd, Hearts still bottom but just behind Dunfermline who have been cursed by TurboGav

Player of the month
Josep Cabestany
View attachment 335436

Has been out staged by Sneddon and Loeffen so far this season but December was his month.

Our defense must have gaps bigger than Scott Carsons teeth #CarsonOut.

Our defense must have gaps bigger than Scott Carsons teeth #CarsonOut.

He has destroyed that team. I know new managers make a difference but if they dont sack him soon they are in big trouble!

Great performance in the group stage, you think you can win it again this season?

To say i'm very confident is a understatement. We've only failed to win once so far this season and that was a back up side over in Napoli. We'll have to see how we get on against the top level teams in the knockout phase but confidence couldnt be higher Scotty.

View attachment 335774
Aberdeen's manager Darran Donald claims to see both sides of Premiership move.
View attachment 335775

"My personal thought is that Aberdeen Celtic and Rangers would enhance the Premier League" he said. "Glasgow is a phenomenal football city. Celtic house 60,000 fans, Rangers house 50,000 fans every game and with our New Stadium on the way we'll soon be doing the same" Even if we started at the bottom we'd work our way through promotion" My biggest fear is for the other SPL clubs who's home games against us 3 teams are usually the biggest money-spinners for our top-flight rivals because of the size of our traveling support"

Donald Park Under Construction
View attachment 335776

As well as that it could cause problems world wide too.

"I suppose Belgian teams could then ask to join the Dutch league and Dutch teams could then request to join the Bundesliga. All of those points would have to be considered" he added. "But, if you're asking for a personal opinion, I think Aberdeen, Celtic and Rangers joining would enhance the Barclays Premier League and make us all strive to get better. That's my view."

"There are processes that would to have observed obviously. It was spoken about in the past and obstacles were put in the way," concluded. "The idea died at that time and I don't know how strong the possibility is at the moment. I certainly support the idea. But, then again, I'm just a voice"

A move to the Prem would be great for growing the club even further, would you add the three scottish teams in place of existing teams or push for a 24 team restructured league?

A move to the Prem would be great for growing the club even further, would you add the three scottish teams in place of existing teams or push for a 24 team restructured league?

Wow. Not thought that through but there great idea's

Champions League last 16 Draw
View attachment 335882

Ajax, Athletico Madrid or Real Zaragoza would be team's i'd be happy to draw. Real Madrid & Liverpool are those i'd like to miss

Athletico Madrid Vs Aberdeen
View attachment 335883View attachment 335884

Wait did i say this would be a good draw? Aberdeen have never managed to beat Ath Madrid in fact even i have only drawn and lost to them. Tricky tie as Madrid have 3 players valued over £20m and Kurt Zouma and Erick Torres on top of that. Former Anderlecht manager John Van Den Brom is still in charge.

Full Draw
View attachment 335885

No mega tie but Real Madrid V Man City, Inter V Chelsea and Liverpool Roma will be the best the last 16 can offer.

January

24 games and still have a perfect record in the league
Unbeaten run hits and passes the century
Mark Loeffen makes it into World team of the year. Look who's in center midfield
View attachment 335913

Fixtures

Aberdeen 3-0 Dunfermline
Loeffen 2
Hugo

Awful 1st half was goalless but a rare angry team talk got Loeffen fired up and the two goals before his prodigy Hugo came on to grab a third. 1st game in January and Loeffen sets a new record for man of the match awards

Motherwell 0-4 Aberdeen
Elias 3
Sneddon

The party was put on hold. No not quite the league yet but Loeffen started and finished into today with 199 league goals.

Aberdeen 2-0 Kilmarnock
Loeffen
Archer

A much less convincing display. Loeffen hasn't had a worse game for us and as i was pulling him off he used his last touch to score that 200th league goal. Archer added another in stoppage time.

Aberdeen 5-0 Dundee
Loeffen
Cabestany 3
Meeuws

This makes it 100 games unbeaten in the league. Cabestany scored the same amount of goals in one half of football as we have let in all season

Aberdeen 6-0 Rangers
Essomba 2
Loeffen 3
Elias

101! A highlight of the run has been humping Rangers at every turn

Hearts 1-3 Aberdeen
Loeffen 3

102! Another day another Loeffen wonder show, How long before a European Giant launches a Mega bid?

League
View attachment 335911

24/24. Downside of the month was Hearts scoring against us. Celtic consolidate 2nd place as Kilmarnock, Rangers and Motherwell battle with St Johnstone for 3rd. Suddenly its looking VERY bleak for Dunfermline

Player of the month
Elias
View attachment 335912

After missing a few months earlier in the season Elias has got back fit and is on top form.

who the **** is ninja and you do like giving the gers a good hiding dont you

2 questions.
1. How long is it till you become the greatest manager in history? (AKA when you pass the record.)
2. When will you buy Ninja? (Because let's face it with a name like that, you've gotta buy him.)

who the **** is ninja and you do like giving the gers a good hiding dont you

Indeed i do! Comes with the nature up in Aberdeenshire, Especially if your a dons fan who can rememeber the 90's

2 questions.
1. How long is it till you become the greatest manager in history? (AKA when you pass the record.)
2. When will you buy Ninja? (Because let's face it with a name like that, you've gotta buy him.)

1 Is that Nation or in the World?
In Scotland im 5th and have only half the points of the top guy Willie Maluey
Hall of fame - Im 13th at the moment Once again i i've about half the points of the top dog Fergie. 1924 points while Fergie ended 4091 points

2 Ninja would be a great signing because of his name and because he's a freaking awesome player

Great work and I like you being in the SPL, it makes money for the other clubs that will push on the national team in turn.

January Transfers
View attachment 336139

At Pittodrie
Helge Mjomen decides to leave Aberdeen to join a "bigger team" with Man City leading the bidding. I Let him know he wont be leaving till the end of the season

In
Defense was the only position we were found short at any point of the season so with another youngster going out on loan i brought in two experienced European defenders, who wont get feature often but supply's plenty of depth to the position

Remy Bloem
View attachment 336135

Holger Badstuber
View attachment 336136

Out

Stephan Grant - Blackpool on loan

With Mjomen leaving at the end of the season i need Grant to get plenty of games for Blackpool in the Premiership to get him ready for possibly starting next season.

World Transfers
View attachment 336137

SPL Transfers
View attachment 336138

Rangers sign a Arsenal youth player while the Gers and Motherwell loose a player to the Premiership

February

1st defeat in all competition after a dodgy 92nd minute penalty in Madrid. Am i bitter, you bet i am!
27 games in and 27 wins. Just 2 wins away from breaking the record for a undefeated run.
Despite 3 months of inactivity Scotland reach a record high 10th in the World Rankings

Fixtures

Scottish League Cup Semi finals
Aberdeen 5-0 Rangers
Cabestany 2
Essomba
Elias
Sneddon

Kept up our great run of thrashing Rangers to reach the League Cup final for the 1st time in 4 seasons. Hibs beat Dundee Utd 3-1 to secure the other Finals spot

Aberdeen 8-2 Ross County
Essomba 2
Loeffen 2
Elias
Soldan
Coutts
Fotheringham

103! Ross County stunned Pittodrie by taking a lead with the 1st shot of the game. After we'd pulled ourselves back into the lead on the half hour i didn't expect the game to end with 10 goals

Scottish Cup 5th Round
Aberdeen 4-0 Motherwell
Loeffen 3
Kanakubo

A mixed up team since it was the cup but there's no escaping Loeffen up front. Bit of a shame for the u19's which have 2 great young forwards that just can't get a run due to Loeffen's greatness.

St Johnstone 1-3 Aberdeen
Hugo 3
Pierce

104! The dons rallied to a 3-0 lead then moved there minds to the Madrid game

Champions League Last 16 1st leg
Ath Madrid 3-2 Aberdeen
Elias
Soldan

A thrilling game in the Vicente Calderon. Elias put Aberdeen into a early lead but within 20 minute Athletico were ahead and in total control. As the game started getting away from us i changed our tactics a bit and it finally rewarded us in the 89th minute as Michal Soldan hit home was looked like a equalizer. However in the 91st minute we got screwed over. Madrid won and scored a controversial penalty which also saw Liam Fotheringham getting sent off leaving us with plenty work to do in the 2nd leg.

View attachment 336140

Aberdeen 2-0 Dundee Utd
Sneddon
Meeuws

105! We were clearly tired as we labored badly to the 3 points in the New firm Derby. A goal on each side of half time with a solid defensive display was enough to see us through today. Loeffen got a knock and will miss a few games

League
View attachment 336141

Were just 1 game away from equaling Steaua Buchuresti's all time unbeaten record in the Domestic leagues. At the other end Dunfermline 13 games lost in a row league record before finally picking up there 1st 3 points under blunder man Carson. Bit of a gap appearing between Kilmarnock in 3rd and the rest below

Player of the month
Armand Essomba
View attachment 336143

Slowly showing signs of developing into a great replacement for Bamaba and has kept David at arms length

Scottish League Cup Final
View attachment 336192

Hibs V Aberdeen
View attachment 336193View attachment 336194

Team News

Two sides who are having polar opposite seasons. Hibs are just keeping there heads above the relegation battle while Aberdeen have won EVERY domestic game so far

Hibs
Wing back Karl Williams misses out injured while on loan Don Dougie Slane is illegible

Aberdeen
David and Cup Keeper Craig Crawford are both back in training but neither are fit enough to start. Crawford is on the bench and will come on at the end if were winning comfortably

Match

1st Half

9 - Goal - Pearce
Just the start we wanted. One of our long serving defenders Pierce heads the opening goal.

27 - Goal - Cabestany
He didn't have his best night against Madrid but this goal puts him back in my high 5 club

41 - Goal - Loeffen
Well it would be a game if Loeffen didn't score! Quiet as well against Madrid but back in Scotland he's back in the goals

HT Hibs 0-3 Aberdeen

2nd Half

47 - Goal - Cabestany
It was probably safe at half time but this puts it beyond doubt. We just have to play the last 40 minutes then get our medals

83 - Injury - Elias
Phyiso isn't sure what's wrong we'll find out after the match

86 - Goal - Loeffen
There's the cherry on top!

FT Hibs 0-5 Aberdeen

Not a massive surprise is it. But after watching other teams lift the 1st trophy of the Scottish season it was finally our turn again after this thumping victory.

View attachment 336195

View attachment 336197
Post match news
Elias out for the season.

After the celebrations were over it was right back to business and our worst bit of news from the day is that Elias is out injured for the rest of the season and the European Championships in the summer had Spain selected him due to a torn Calf muscle.

Elias
View attachment 336196

Back