STAND FREE WHEREVER YOU MAY BE - And you thought Celtic beating Barca was something!

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr_Grieves
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 405K

March

World Record for being Unbeaten in the league is broken. Were now 109 games unbeaten
Madrid put us out of the Champions League at the last 16 stage again!
Win the league on the 30th game while we lost our 100% record at Parkhead
Holger Badstuber after failing to make an appearance demanded to terminate his loan agreement and with us out of Europe i agreed

Fixtures

Celtic 0-0 Aberdeen

106 - record equaled!
The dream of a 100% season ends but in the last 5 minutes Celtic had at least 3 chances to make the result so much worse for us. Loeffen got another knock 3 minutes into his comeback so is a doubt for the Athletico tie

Scottish Cup Q/F
Livingston 0-2 Aberdeen
Meeuws 2

Decided to rest everyone who will start on Wednesday to make sure were going in fit and fresh. In the Semi final we missed The Dundee teams or Hearts to draw 1st division Queen of the South

Champions League Last 16 2nd Leg
Aberdeen 1-1 Athletico Madrid
Elias

AGG Ath Madrid 4-3 Aberdeen

Well that dubious penalty in stoppage time in Spain did decided it in the end. We were the better side at Pittodrie hosting its final Champions League tie. Really angry to go out at this stage again all be it to Spain's 3rd best team. Will have to rethink this next season as the performance home and away was not good enough.

View attachment 336241

Dunfermline 0-4 Aberdeen
O'G
Loeffen 2
Coutts

107 - Record broken
We've done it! The longest unbeaten run in football! Dunfermline was not as bad as the scoreline suggest. It was MUCH worse! Departing defender Helge Mjomen makes his 200th Aberdeen appearance

Aberdeen 5-1 Hibs
Loeffen 2
Cabestany 2
O'G

We win the League! This is the kind of result i expect to see through the rest of the season

Aberdeen 6-0 Motherwell
Loeffen 3
Glowacki
Pierce
Soldan

Motherwell were ending the season well and had shuffled into 4 before we got our hands on them! Alex Butler plays his 350th game for Aberdeen

League
View attachment 336242

Were the champions. Celtic should finish 2nd, Kilmarnock 3rd then Rangers, Motherwell and St Johnstone for the best of the rest. At the bottom Dunfermline MUST take advantage of Hibs poor run which is just a bit better than the Pars who have only picked up 4 points since October

Player of the month
Michal Soldan
View attachment 336243

Will be 30 this summer. Scary stuff!

View attachment 336264
Aberdeen's switch to Premier League is turned off
View attachment 336265

The issue of Aberdeen, Celtic and Rangers leaving the SPL to play club football in another country came to the fore again this week after Rangers chief executive Charles Green claimed they are ready to quit Scottish football if they could not sell there own TV rights to get "The money they deserved as the most popular team in the country, or we can go play in another country"

Celtic chief Peter Lawwell, despite being committed to the league, is also still keen on a exclusive deal for the Old Firm to get there own TV deal or consider moving to join the English Premier League

Campbell Ogilvie, the SFA president, revealed Scottish football’s governing body would The issue of Celtic and Rangers leaving the domestic set-up to play club football in another country came to the fore again this week after Rangers chief executive Charles Green claimed they are ready to quit Scottish football.

Celtic chief Peter Lawwell, despite being committed to the league changes, is also still keen on an exit strategy through an expanded European league.

View attachment 336267

Campbell Ogilvie, the SFA president, revealed Scottish football’s governing body would stand in the way of Any team looking for an exit route to the English league.

As the Old Firm continue to fight Aberdeen have conceded defeat and will soon show off there plan for the future of Aberdeen and there plans for Scottish Football.

View attachment 336266

Donald and Aberdeen reveal huge plans for SPL's future

Darran Doanald welcome's Jim Whyte and Sky camera's for a quick overview of his outlook to save Scottish football

View attachment 336270

"As the value's show Aberdeen are now valued higher than the Old Firm combined so with the SPL and SFA not doing anything to help the Scottish Leagues, teams and national teams we at Aberdeen have decided to do it ourselfs. Our 3 points of attack will be Quality Players, Squad strength and Money"

View attachment 336271

Quality of Players & Squad strength

Aberdeen ourselves have been struggling to bring through or scout talented youngster to the scale we would like despite our investment in youth team and training facilities. Our plan here starts with a MASSIVE investment in coaches and scouting team, which we'll double once we arrive in our new stadium. This will help us find and nurture more Scottish players who may have previously gone under the radar.

Were also hoping to improve the quality of the SPL players short term with what could be considered a suicidal tactic which can bring no benefit and plenty of hurt to us what so ever.
We plan buying two kinds of players

1 - Young Scots in the Premiership and abroad. 2 Players from around the world who are of a higher standard than current SPL players.

These players who were either bought young or trained up in England i plan to bring back to Scotland using Aberdeen money. They will then be made available to loan or buy but only to Scottish sides, at reduced prices. How well this will work im not sure at this stage as getting a player to agree a move from Aberdeen to Dundee for example may not be practical hence why I'll be trying this on a smaller scale this summer then if all goes well i plan to fill the reserve team with such players and loan to sell them out to my fellow SPL team, improving there squad and performances at home and in Europe which shall see more money and improved reputation at the clubs in question.

Money
The following moves should see teams squads improve and when it comes to sell these players off the clubs will make a profit as well as having the benefits of these higher quality players improving there performances which will improve there finances, Especially the teams playing on the continent.

As i said at the beginning this is not any benefit to Aberdeen FC. Stronger teams fighting us for the league and power of Scottish football is not going to help us. But were not doing this for us were doing this for the SPL and Scotland! We can be great, Together!

Donalds "Crazy Lottery" plan mocked by Old Firm

Celtic and Rangers believe there plan to move to England is much more sane than his plan to Bankroll future SPL growth

"Its a laughable tale of Robin Hood stealing from the rich and feeding the poor" Except this time he's messing with real lifes. I believe there must be some catch to this before Aberdeen are willing to "help" SPL teams become strong enough to compete with Euro's top teams will not happen"

nice plan but there is a very good chance this might bite you in the ***

Aberdeen 5-1 Hibs
Loeffen 2
Cabestany 2
O'G

We win the League! This is the kind of result i expect to see through the rest of the season

giruy.gif

nice plan but there is a very good chance this might bite you in the ***

Indeed it is a worrying thought i've had. Its a huge gamble perhaps even a stupid idea but i'll look at it season at a time, obviously wont want teams to get to powerful but hopefully i wont shoot myself in the foot.

Hibs have had an awful season! If it wasnt for Scott Carson they could be in deep trouble.

Hibs have had an awful season! If it wasnt for Scott Carson they could be in deep trouble.

As usual. Need to get back into my Hibs story, made a good start to the 2nd season after finishing 2nd, Stokes and Griffiths yet to start their formidable partnership :(

April

The unbeaten run ends at. 111 games, 2 Years, 11 months and 5 days, or a total of 1071 days!

Aberdeen will Play Dundee Utd in the Scottish Cup final
Really we lost in the league!

Fixtures

Dundee 1-2 Aberdeen
Cabestany
Coutts

With such a strong team playing sneaking a win is not acceptable

Kilmarnock 1-1 Aberdeen
Loeffen

This was even worse! Winning the league has really put us to sleep!

Scottish Cup S/F
Queen of South 0-4 Aberdeen
Soldan
Loeffen
Fotheringham
Hugo

The dream of the treble is close! And we can win it if we beat our new firm rivals Dundee Utd at hampden. Archer and Butler sidelined for a few weeks, Should be back for the final.

Celtic 1-0 Aberdeen

The dream is over. To be fair to Celtic this was the best performance a team has put in against us in Scotland. We weren't helped by Soldan going off after 13 minutes joining the lengthy list of injured midfielders. Second suckerpunch was that it was one of my main Scotland strikers in the 92nd minute who got the winning goal to end our ridiculous unbeaten run.

View attachment 336357

Aberdeen 3-1 Motherwell
Loeffen 2
O'G

Not back to our brilliant best but at least were unbeaten again

League
View attachment 336358

Top 4 Places seem secure while Dunfermline's goose is cooked at the bottom despite getting a few wins. Motherwell and St Johnstone battle for final European spot unless We beat Dundee Utd in the cup final then they will both get into Europe

Player of the month
Grzegorz Glowacki
View attachment 336359

Our back up right winger stood in for Butler and Sneddon during April

I like the plan! Make sure you are prudent with it and don't let it effect your own performances, just make it consume most of the clubs surpluses. There is one benefit for you, more prize and TV money.

I like the plan! Make sure you are prudent with it and don't let it effect your own performances, just make it consume most of the clubs surpluses. There is one benefit for you, more prize and TV money.

Yeah that would be great! Short term pain long term gain. Im under no illusion we have to improve ourselves

And hopefully they will invest money in there youth systems and we'll have a better national team

May

Only 1 win from 3
700th game as manager
We win in Pittodrie's final match
View attachment 336437

Fixtures

Aberdeen 1-1 Kilmarnock
Loeffen

My 700th game as a manager and a lesson was learned! We have pathetic depth for a injury crisis

Aberdeen 2-1 St Johnstone
Loeffen 2

Our Last ever game at Pittodrie! Another worrying performance. Im not looking forward to the Cup final on this run. Alex Butler made his comeback from injury as Derek Sneddon made his 475th Aberdeen appearance

Rangers 0-0 Aberdeen

A terrible performance and match to round of a awful championship group and it only gets worse. Loeffen and Sneddon are out of the cup final

Final League Table
View attachment 336436

May was our worst performance in around a decade! 2 draws from our 3 games is not how we want to roll into the Scottish cup final

Scottish Cup Final
View attachment 336444

Aberdeen V Dundee Utd
View attachment 336441View attachment 336442

Team News

Aberdeen
Were going into a final in our worst state. Recent form has been pants and on top of that Derek Sneddon, Elias, Brett Archer and Mark Loeffen are all injured for the final.

Dundee Utd
Matt Jarvis has his 1st chance of a trophy but will have to do it without Starting defenders Barry McCord and Chris Toase. Midfielder James McCarthy and January signing Ally Murray

Match

1st Half

18 - Goal - Glowacki
3rd choice attacker on the right but what a way to celebrate a rare start up front

HT Aberdeen 1-0 Dundee Utd
We've not been very convincing and disappointingly **** Meeuws hasn't score the goal that will make him top cup scorer

2nd Half

78 - Goal - Hugo
We've been far the better team and finally get the goal that puts 1 hand on the cup

83 - Goal - Hugo
And that's the second hand. Hugo has come off the bench to secure the treble

FT Aberdeen 3-0 Dundee Utd

The treble is complete! We've been very poor by our standards since winning the League but thankfully we managed to put that to one side to do the treble for the 1st time in 4 season without 4 of our best forward players

View attachment 336443

2023/24 Season Review

SPL - Winner
Scottish Cup - Winner
League Cup - Winner
Champions League - Last 16

Season Stats
View attachment 336518

Final team talk
"Im delighted you regained the treble but our form towards the end of the season was not good enough and there will be changes for next season which will hopefully see us get back to our unbeatable best and challenge more competitively for the Champions League again"

SPL

View attachment 336521View attachment 336519View attachment 336520

A very worrying stumble at the end cost us our unbeaten record. Shame as i really hoped we could hang on till the end of the season then carried on again next season but never mind 111 games is unbelievable!

Celtic returned to 2nd place despite a strong end to the season from Kilmarnock and Rangers

Dunfermline were likely to be in a relegation fight but the awful run they've been on Since Scott Carson took charge has been there downfall. Inverness CT return to the Premier league

Scottish Cup Final
Aberdeen 3-0 Dundee Utd

Aberdeen retain the Scottish cup. We had a comfortable run to the final with Dundee Utd being the only SPL team we faced in the run.

View attachment 336523

Scottish League Cup Final
Hibs 0-5 Aberdeen

Our long overdue wait for the 1st trophy of the Scottish season ended with a massive win against Hibs

View attachment 336530

2023/2024 Awards

Footballer of the year
Mark Loeffen - Ave 8.48
View attachment 336547

Top Scorer
Mark Loeffen - 36 Games 57 Goals
View attachment 336545

Young Player of the year
Gavin Coutts
View attachment 336548

Team Of the year
Traditional 9 players selected
View attachment 336549

Darran Donalds player of the season
Michal Soldan
View attachment 336544

Manager of the year
Darran Donald
View attachment 336550

Match of the season
29th November 2023
Napoli 3-3 Aberdeen
Some difference from our form at the end of the season considering our best players were rested for this tie
View attachment 336551

Signing of the season
Adama Coulibaly
View attachment 336553

He won the players young player of the year award

European Cups

Champions League Final
Man City 2-1 Juventus AET
View attachment 336555

After 9 years Man City win there 2nd Champions league in Extra time

Europa League
Bayern Munich 3-0 Lyon
View attachment 336556

What a line up! If only the real Europa League could boast such a line up

Dons Finances - May 30th 2024

Income
Match day income = £2.9m Equal
All Tickets = £23.2m* edited from last season
Players Sold = £51m -£14m
Total = £137.9m -£29m

Expenditure
Player Wages = £31m -£3m
Total Bonuses = £12.3m -£2.9m
Staff Wages = £4.4m -£0.5m
Ground Maintenance = £6.6m +£62m
Total = £133.8m +£46m

Weekly Wages Currently £722,000 +£130k

---Final Balance £37m +£4m---

Once again we had to rely on player sales to balance the books. With Our team and the SPL needing to improve i will need to do quite a bit of wheeling and dealing next season where im expecting to make a loss.

Scots in Europe
Celtic - Champions League Group 3rd & Europa League Last 32 Lost to Benfica
Hearts - Europa League last 32 - Lost to Rubin Kazan
Rangers - Europa League Group H 3rd
Kilmarnock - Europa League Final Qualifying round - Lost to Espanyol
Dundee Utd - Europa League Final Qualifying round - Lost to Schalke

The SPL are now still 9th in Europe with basicly no change in our situation. Here's our Euro spots
View attachment 336557

Other European Leagues

England
View attachment 336558

Man City copy Chelsea to win the league and then reach the Champions League Final. Man Utd still miss out on Champions League football

Germany
View attachment 336559

Is Leverkusen a new force in German football? They've slowly been getting closer to Bayern and Dortmund over the years.

Italy
View attachment 336560

Juventus win but it was crazy close. 2 points between top 4

Spain
View attachment 336561

Real Madrid continues to rule Spain as Messi reaches the end of his career Barca drop to 4th. Osasuna get 2nd thanks to a awesome strikeforce who got 52 goals between them this season.

Going into the summer
I've got a massive summer ahead. Our team has to be strengthen, I have to buy in players for the other SPL teams, Rebuild my Scouting and Coaching teams, Scotland are at the European Championships.

Like how you have Laudrup's kid. Shame he's not as good as his dad or uncle

loving the story so far - just spent a good hour catching up.

I have one question though - are you tempted at all in your save to follow in a certain someones footsteps and having made Aberdeen a successful team, go to Man Utd and make them the superior force once more? They have seemingly slipped in English football in your save (slightly) and could do with a manager like you at the helm.

loving the story so far - just spent a good hour catching up.

I have one question though - are you tempted at all in your save to follow in a certain someones footsteps and having made Aberdeen a successful team, go to Man Utd and make them the superior force once more? They have seemingly slipped in English football in your save (slightly) and could do with a manager like you at the helm.

To be honest no not at this stage. I think once my permanent fixtures Sneddon, Soldan & Butler get old and retire it might be tempting but at this stage im only focused on making Aberdeen the best team in the world and the SPL the best league i possibly can to make the National team as strong as possible.

In the future we'll have to see but for now and the near future i'll be at Aberdeen & Scotland

Back