STAND FREE WHEREVER YOU MAY BE - And you thought Celtic beating Barca was something!

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr_Grieves
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 405K

Scotland

Changes for 2024-2026
View attachment 337375

GK

Unchanged

Defense
Only change is one influenced by club biased. Aberdeen Stephan Grant Left back will be Starting for Aberdeen next season so I'll play him at Scotland too help aid his progress. Stephen Hendry hangs around for the harder game that Grant may not be ready for yet.
View attachment 337371

Midfield
As i mentioned in the last post Gavin Coutts is a straight swap for Tom Cairney. On the back up front another Dons teenager makes it into the Scotland Squad. Chris Gauld will probably replace Craig Sibbald one day so he might as well get some practice now.
View attachment 337372View attachment 337373

Forward
With Steven Cairney being so unreliable with injury's and form im making Steven Macari lead striker but the future is also on on the bench. Glenn Edwards
View attachment 337374

View attachment 337370
Dons Biased
Darran Donald has shown his view of the future by announcing the next Scotland squad in a warm up for the 2026 World Cup Qualifiers. The Tartan army were happy to see a burst of new players joining the squad with 4 teenagers in the squad. Other teams will worry that 3 of them are from Aberdeen's youth academy and that Donald is using Scotland to fast track his Dons kids into there 1st team story's that have been rejected by Donald himself "I've picked two teams of 11 which i believe will be the best for Scotland right now and over the next 2 years and which as we stand just now will be the best walking into the tournament in Argentina

Season preview 2024/25
Moving to The Donald Stadium

Targets
For most of last season we were miles ahead of the rest and looked to be strolling to a unbeaten season till we lost and after that we were terrible. Following from that I've made some changes that may be a case of long term gain short term pain.

League - Winner

Scottish Cup - Winner
Scottish League Cup - Winner
Europe - Champions league - Quarter Finals

Summer news
Crazy amount of moves and that's with the Euros only seeing one major country change there boss
Aberdeen spend little on themselfs
Celtic spend little but buy lots!
Rangers make the biggest single signing while Hearts and Kilmarnock spend well.

Manager Changes
Rudi Gacia - Real Sociedad
Antonio Conte - Ath Madrid
Ronald Koeman - Juventus
David Moyes - Zaragoza
John Van Der Brom - Paris St Germain
Roberto Donadoni - Dortmund
Maarten Stekelenburg - Chelsea
Calum Elliot - Hibs
Derek Adams - Dundee
Steven Calderwell - Ross County
Steve McClaren - Arsenal
Cesc Fabregas - Benfica
Jan Olde Riekerink - Holland

Transfers

Top June and July Transfers
Again England and Germany are the biggest spenders
View attachment 337424View attachment 337425

Top SPL Transfers

Hearts and Kilmarnock are the shock big spenders before Madrid buys up 3 of the SPL's best players, All Aberdeen u19 graduates
View attachment 337426View attachment 337427

First team 2024
Provisional
View attachment 337429

With my both my left sided starting players sold in the summer that position was my only concern for the season and for both position I've promoted from within. Stephen Grant will get his chance at Left back. Is possibly too early but hopefully he'll develop fast and if he doesn't Adama Coulibaly is trained in the position as is youngster Gerado Montenegro. On the attacking side there was much less concern with Brett Archer coming in without question to take over from Cabestany. On player I'll have a close eye on this season is Elias. My favorite underestimated player of my save spent almost 7 months out injured last month and has lost some of his spark so if he doesn't perform i have money to buy a new midfielder or promote Sudimak of Coutts

Grant & Archer
View attachment 337430View attachment 337432

Who is Luis Carrera?? Don't remember you mentioning him!!

Pre Season

Friendly's
7 wins and only one defeat and that was at Old Trafford

Estudiantes Tecos 1-4 Aberdeen

Aberdeen 3-1 Tottenham

Aberdeen 4-1 Marseilles

Brighton 0-2 Aberdeen

Huddersfield 0-2 Aberdeen

Man Utd 2-0 Aberdeen

Guadalajara 1-2 Aberdeen

Aberdeen 3-0 Fulham

Aberdeen Transfers
View attachment 337494

I buy one players for Aberdeen and the rest are for Scottish football

In

Luis Carrera - DR
View attachment 337495

The Paraguayan surprisingly got a work permit and has quite a bit of work to do to develop into a Aberdeen starter but has time on his hands and will be in the U19's to start with.

Ryan Knox u19, Graeme Franks, Pierre Etienne, Francisco Rodriguez & Karl Barrett are all buy to loan players for other team and won play for Aberdeen.

Out

Craig Crawford - Celtic "Loan"
I promised Crawford he would get to leave for 1st team football after the Euro's but this was the only SPL offer coming so off he went for the season.

Great Scotland squad, the youth look really promising and the Scottish football project looks to be coming along nicely.

Great Scotland squad, the youth look really promising and the Scottish football project looks to be coming along nicely.

It would be nice to see more players coming from other clubs too but we'll see how these guys get on.

Champions League Group Stage Draw
View attachment 337703

1st Seeds

Despite two seasons of only making it to the last 16 were still ranked as No1 seeds
View attachment 337704

Roma and Benfica would be the teams I'd prefer to get but anything past Benfica will be very tough

2nd Seeds

PSG
View attachment 337705

well it was unlikely we'd get a get a easy tie but but PSG would have been one of those least desired

Plenty mediocre teams here. Anyone except Dortmund or Milan

3rd Seeds

Osasuna
View attachment 337706

The massive shock of Spanish football last season who have a deadly strike force.

Valencia! Seriously! Well lets avoid that and I'll be delighted

4th seeds

Anderlecht
View attachment 337707

Nothing exciting from the Belgians who should finish bottom.

So i expect to see us qualify from this group. I worry about Osasuna's attack but you would think we should manage to deal with that.

View attachment 337708
Easy Group for Aberdeen
Qualification is already being talked about around the streets of Aberdeen as the Dons land in the easiest group of the lot. Only Paris St Germain are expected to offer any problems for Scotlands top team with Spanish rookies Osasuna and Anderlecht are expected to fight it out as cellar dwellers "There is no such thing as a easy Champions League game. We have made a slow start to the season and have lots of work to do to get on the level of PSG and everyone have written off Osasuna but look at the teams they over came to finish 3rd in Spain last term"

Oh dear! I thought that you might use some funds to buy world class players to replace the ones leaving. Youth like Grant and Gauld don't look good enough to start in the champions league. You think you'll still beat big teams like PSG with this team?

Oh dear! I thought that you might use some funds to buy world class players to replace the ones leaving. Youth like Grant and Gauld don't look good enough to start in the champions league. You think you'll still beat big teams like PSG with this team?

Hmm i do feel the squad is weaker. Adding players is not as easy as it looks. Were performing above our level so despite 2 champions League wins we cant attract the top level drivers. With a young Scottish based side it will be interesting to see how we do against PSG and that will be used as a tester for me to see where we are.

I just noticed you drew with Andorra!!!!! Fecking ****.

Has East Stirling been promoted yet?

August

Biggest 4 teams occupy the top 4
Aberdeen have a 100% record but have been very sloppy and have lots of work to do!
Worst injury run i've had in years
At Long last we get into our new Digs in time for the Dundee game
View attachment 338190

Fixtures

Inverness 1-2 Aberdeen
Sneddon
Coutts

Far from the greatest of starts but with the Olympics and Injury's cost me most of my midfield and several players only half fit this was an acceptable result to kick off with.

Aberdeen 2-0 Kilmarnock
Elias
Loeffen

Our second "Last Game" at Pittodrie. No mention of the Stadium being delayed again! Archer fractured his wrist and is out for 2 months, Not the impact he wanted to make

Ross County 0-3 Aberdeen
Gauld
Elias
David

Injury's all round! Sneddon, Lupson and Elias out for a month. Very amusing that after doubling our fitness coaches all these injury's come about.

Aberdeen 3-2 Dundee
Pierce
Loeffen
Meeuws

A shade over 36,000 fans came down for the 1st game in the "Donald Stadum" and witnessed a classic thrashing on the pitch but a very close thing on the score card. We needed a late blast after throwing away a lead twice which was unacceptable.

League
View attachment 338191

Aberdeen, Rangers, Celtic & Hearts are the top 4 and that's how i expect it to stay. Kilmarnock have been the notable slow starters and there 7th such has been the cream rising to the top.

Player of the month
Armand Essomba
View attachment 338192

The team even Loeffen have played **** so far but our Spanish midfielder has been the one shining light through this month. Next month he'll get more opportunity to shine in Europe.

Scotland Friendly

Israel 2-1 Scotland
Fyvie

Ouch! Not a good start for the 2024-26 team. A 87th Fraser Fyvie goal doesn't make me feel any better.

View attachment 338193

August transfers

World Transfers
A Former Don who only made 3 appearances joins inter for £20m. Oops
View attachment 338238

Scottish Transfers
All the exciting stuff happened at Celtic Park
View attachment 338239

Meanwhile at Donald Stadium
One in One out

In

Sami Amri - DL - 3.5*
View attachment 338240

Discovered by scouts in a position i really didn't need a top notch youngster with Stephen Grant in place and under serious competition

Out

Andy Lane - Wolves - £10m
View attachment 338241

Have a look at him guys! I really can't see why you could justify paying £10m for him? He's already had plenty of opportunities to develop better than the level he's at and his performances in 3 different 1st teams have never been greatly impressive. This will ensure Coutts and Sudimak get plenty of games. Also on a side note he kept rejecting my offers to join the Scottish national team which was the final tick on his exit card.

Nothing else too exciting here either. Only youngster Liam Cameron leaving on loan to gain some experience and possibly a move away from Aberdeen while Roy Strachan also left on loan. Desperate to sell him to a SPL team

With Lane he has great mentals for only 20, along with good physical and mental stats. He has about 4-5 years left to develop so I think you missed a trick with Lane.

With Lane he has great mentals for only 20, along with good physical and mental stats. He has about 4-5 years left to develop so I think you missed a trick with Lane.

Aye that could be true. Only the future will tell. Think if i get a chance i'll post up a best 11 youngsters who got away or best players if i cant get a full team

Scotland

Squad
Squad is at full strength and hopefully are ready to perform better than they did in the recent friendly

World Cup Qualifier Match 1
Norway 0-3 Scotland
Macari 3

Steve Macari totally justifies his place in the starting 11 with a few youngster getting some experience too.

View attachment 339142

World Cup Qualifier Match 2
Scotland 5-0 Hungary
Macari 2
Sibbald
Robinson
Ross

No sign of the magnificent magyars here as Craig Sibbald scores on his 80th cap and Steve Macari makes me wonder why he's not at Aberdeen!

It already smells like a 2 horse race
View attachment 339143

September

Form transformation as we win every game
19 goals in 3 SPL games
Sneak a win in a 5 goal thriller with PSG

Fixtures

Aberdeen 5-1 Rangers
Loeffen 3
Sneddon
Hugo

That break looks to have served us well as the team and especially Loeffen come back with a bang.

Champions League Match 1
Aberdeen 3-2 Paris SG
Loeffen
David
Coutts

What a match. We twice took the lead both times immediately throwing it away. In the end we got the stroke of luck our dominance deserved as Gavin Coutts came off the bench to score the winner with little over 10 minutes left. Income for the games was up £600k from our previous record with the extra 13,000 fans putting more cash in our pockets.

View attachment 339270

Hibs 0-6 Aberdeen
Loeffen 3
Gauld
Hugo
Fotheringham

The result against PSG put our confidence sky high helping us back to a more familiar SPL result

League Cup 3rd round
Aberdeen 2-1 Stirling
Hugo 2

Not our greatest youth team performance but Hugo led us through.

Aberdeen 8-1 Motherwell
Loeffen 5
Essomba
Gauld
Watson

Not quite the 12-0 win from 2022 but this team isn't as good so this is a great achievement.

League
View attachment 339271

Battle for 2nd looks like it will be brilliant but despite me moaning about our team being weaker were 7/7 and seem to be getting stronger by the game.

Player of the month
Mark Loeffen
View attachment 339272

Could only have really been 1 guy couldn't it!

Back