STAND FREE WHEREVER YOU MAY BE - And you thought Celtic beating Barca was something!

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr_Grieves
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 405K

April

Heart break at the Ethiad
Only Rangers between us and the Treble
Glowacki fills in for Butler & Sneddon to devastating effects

Fixtures

Champions League Q/F 1st Leg
Aberdeen 2-1 Man City
Loeffen
Butler

15 mins in and it was already against us as our only fit Left Back Stephan Grant went off injured. That was the end of the bad news from the first half as Loeffen and surprisingly our out of position captain Alex Butler filling in at left back had us 2 goals up at half time. In the second half we set out to keep a clean sheet and we did so up to the last 10 minutes where Man Citys center back Rodriguez scored an invaluable away goal to drag City back into it for the second leg.

View attachment 341398

Hearts 0-0 Aberdeen

This was a chance to break the league's goals record but perhaps i rested to many star players with the City game at the top of my mind.

Champions League Q/F 2nd Leg
Man City 1-0 Aberdeen

AGG - Man City 2-2 Aberdeen
Man City Win on Away Goal

We held off the Man City barrage till a death blow in the 85th minute putting City ahead for the 1st time in the tie. The late goal from City left us with nowhere near enough time to go out and get a goal to put us through although we did get the flash of a chance but Loeffen for once didn't take it and were out to the defending champs.

View attachment 341399

Man City will go on to face the other dominant team of this decade Real Madrid while Chelsea play Benfica in the other Semi.

View attachment 341400

Scottish Cup S/F
St Johnstone 1-4 Aberdeen
Loeffen 2
Glowacki
Elias

The Dons waltz to the final but started celebrating a bit early as St Johnstone scored a late consolation

View attachment 341401

Rangers join us in the final, our first final since 2000 when Rangers won 4-0 after breaking our keepers jaw in the 1st minute

St Johnstone 0-3 Aberdeen
Archer
Glowacki 2

As Alex Butler gets a injury that may end his season his replacement scores twice to lead us to victory against St Johnstone for the 2nd time this week, breaking the record number of goals in a season at the same time with 4 games to go.

Aberdeen 3-0 Celtic
Glowacki 2
Essomba

Celtics worst performance against us this season. They still haven't played the £4m forward they got from Man City yet.

League
View attachment 341402

Going into the last 3 games Celtic have the advantage 3 points ahead and they've played us. Kilmarnock have 4th place in the bag. Toss up between Dundee & Inverness for relegation.

Player of the month
Brett Archer
View attachment 341403

Glowacki got the goals but Archer had his best month of the season.

May

Fixtures

Hearts 1-4 Aberdeen
Glowacki 2
Loeffen 2

Aberdeen 4-0 Rangers
Essomba
Elias
Gauld
Glowacki

Back to back 4 goal wins.

Aberdeen 3-1 Kilmarnock
Loeffen 3

Season ends as it began with Loeffen scoring goals galore. A total of 67 a new persoel and club record, Another record coming his way is a record 21 man of the match awards. 1 man team you think!

Final League table
View attachment 341404

Scottish Cup Final 2025
View attachment 341477

Aberdeen Vs Rangers
View attachment 341478View attachment 341479

First time in my tenure that we play our fiercest Rivals in the Cup final.

Team News

Aberdeen
Huge Landmark for Michal Soldan as he plays his 500th Game For Aberdeen. Chris Pierce is suspended while his replacement Enzio Lupson is injured like long term victim Derek Sneddon.

Rangers
Former dons Jay Fulton & Hristjan Vasilev are both out injured, Perhaps they knew what was coming.

The Match
View attachment 341480

FT - Aberdeen 9-1 Rangers

We regain our most popular trophy with our biggest win. Needless to say player of the season & of a life time Mark Loeffen will give Rangers fans everywhere nightmares for a very long time.

9-1. From my user name you will probably guess that that brought me great joy!

Great story though, silent reader for a while finally felt the need to comment. One of the best on the forum! Love what you've done with Aberdeen and some of the players, Loeffen? I think it is, just an epic player. Well played!

9-1. From my user name you will probably guess that that brought me great joy!

Great story though, silent reader for a while finally felt the need to comment. One of the best on the forum! Love what you've done with Aberdeen and some of the players, Loeffen? I think it is, just an epic player. Well played!

Thanks mate. As a Don that result gave me great pleasure and joy too, Hate Rangers with a passion.

I've been writing up bits on my season review and Loeffen's goal records are insane. Might just be the SPL but i've never seen anyone score 60+ goals in the SPL before

Thanks mate. As a Don that result gave me great pleasure and joy too, Hate Rangers with a passion.

I've been writing up bits on my season review and Loeffen's goal records are insane. Might just be the SPL but i've never seen anyone score 60+ goals in the SPL before

Meet Zvonimir Ceraj ;)

View attachment 341541 View attachment 341537 View attachment 341540 View attachment 341539

Edit - just noticed that was 60 + in the SPL, (which is insane) haha unfortunately Ceraj has never done that. But it still stands that his scoring record is crazy.

Last edited:
That shut me up! Has he always played off the main striker? If so his strike rate is incredeble.

Yeah, he plays off the striker. Strike rate is unbelievable, best player I've ever had. He even broke Jimmy McGrory's long standing record in Scotland. Loeffen seems like he could certainly rival Ceraj's record in the future!

Ceraj is the best player I've ever seen, well done Celticthroughandthrough.

Last edited:
He even broke Jimmy McGrory's long standing record in Scotland. Loeffen seems like he could certainly rival Ceraj's record in the future!

Is that the 408 goals in 408 league games record? That alone is a new target for Loeffen to aim for. Thanks Buddy

If that is the case then i think Loeffen could be past 400 league goals in 3 season time. You'll have to keep me up to speed with what Ceraj's career especially when he retires to see if Loeffen can challenge his stats

Last edited:
Is that the 408 goals in 408 league games record? That alone is a new target for Loeffen to aim for. Thanks Buddy

If that is the case then i think Loeffen could be past 400 league goals in 3 season time. You'll have to keep me up to speed with what Ceraj's career especially when he retires to see if Loeffen can challenge his stats

Yeah, that's the record! I don't think Ceraj has more than 3 more seasons of 50-60 games left in him. I'm just hopeful he doesn't retire too early. As soon as he does though he is being signed up as my assistant manager, to continue his legacy at Celtic.

Michal Soldan
View attachment 341481View attachment 341482

Swiftly after Derek Sneddon made his 500th appearance for Aberdeen my second major signing from the 2013/14 summer also hits the landmark in our last game of the season at Hampden. Michal has been a constant fixture in my midfield and now in his 30's i have intentions at a upcoming contract renewal to look into his future position at Aberdeen. Hopefully he'll want to coach for me.

Aberdeen Stats
App - 500
Goals - 82
Assist- 190

Trophy's
SPL - 8
Scottish Cup - 8
Scottish League Cup - 5
Champions Leagues - 2
World Club Cup - 1
Euro Super Cup - 1

Czech Rep
Caps - 100
Goals - 12

World Cup Runner up 2022

Personal Awards
SPL Player of the year - 3
Writers Player of the year - 2nd 4 times

2024/25 Season Review

SPL - Winner
Scottish Cup - Winner
League Cup - Winner
Champions League - Quarter Final

Season Stats
View attachment 341623

Final team talk
"Well done guys. Were a young team still developing as a team and have along way to go. Its a desire of mine to do our 2nd treble treble which led to a champions league title. Are you's good enough?"

SPL
View attachment 341593View attachment 341591View attachment 341588

35 wins from 38 is a great season. Shame that we had 2 defeat to the old firm and the lazy 0-0 result with Hearts

Celtic join us in the Champions League after being the best of the rest in the Championship group and along with Rangers made massive strides to both score over 70 points. Kilmarnock, St Johnstone and Hearts go into the Europa League

At the bottom of It was tighter than a Scotsman wallet. Inverness CT went down with a goal difference 2 worse than Dundee.

In the 1st division Livingston ended strongest to win the league while Dunfermline ended weaker in 5th with 51 points while Alloa had a stronger end to the season finishing 6th on 44 points.

Scottish Cup Final
Aberdeen 9-1 Rangers

View attachment 341597

My 9th Scottish cup in 11 years pleasantly beating Rangers comfortably

Scottish League Cup Final
Celtic 2-4 Aberdeen

View attachment 341598

Waltzed through to the final were we got our closest rivals and the ever stronger Celtic team. In the final we bossed the game and got the victory we deserved.

2024/2025 Awards

Footballer of the year
Mark Loeffen - Ave 8.47
View attachment 341599

Top Scorer
Mark Loeffen - 33 Games 56 Goals
View attachment 341600

Young Player of the year
Liam Fotheringham
View attachment 341601

Team Of the year
Traditional 9 players selected. Surprised Stephen Grant wasn't in at left back.
View attachment 341603

Darran Donalds player of the season
Grzegorz Glowacki
View attachment 341604

Unfortunate that he's behind Sneddon in the starting squad otherwise he would be starting and scoring a lot more.

Manager of the year
Darran Donald
View attachment 341605

Match of the season
29th March 2025
Aberdeen 6-3 Celtic
View attachment 341606

The Old Firm but particularly Celtic had began to get more and more dangerous. This was a reminder to get back in there shell!

Signing of the season
Luis Carrera
View attachment 341607

No major break through from any of my signings this season but Carrera showed the most promise.

European Cups

Champions League Final
Benfica 0-1 Man City - AET

View attachment 341611

Man City retain there title as Champions of Europe after sneaking past us. Encouraging as were not to far away!

View attachment 341612

Europa League
Marseilles 2-0 Celtic

View attachment 341613

Well look at that! Totally didn't see there run but how great is that for Scottish football. Well done Brendan Rodgers!

View attachment 341618

Dons Finances - June 1st 2025

Income
Match day income = £6.7m +£3.8m
All Tickets = £39m +£15.8m
Players Sold = £55m +£4m
Total = £161.4m +£23.5M

Expenditure
Player Wages = £34m - £3m
Total Bonuses = £12.3m - Equal
Staff Wages = £4.4m £7.1m -£2.7m
Ground Maintenance = £7.7m £-1.1m
Total = £147m -£13.2

Weekly Wages Currently £722,000 Equal to 2024

Final Balance £50m +£13m

Once again we had to rely on player sales to balance the books. With Our team and the SPL needing to improve i will need to do quite a bit of wheeling and dealing next season where im expecting to make a loss.
As normal player sales was the difference between a big loss and a decent profit. Non of our Expenditure was too much of a shock to me but thought we would be closer to breaking even without player sales. I wont be happy with Aberdeen till we can turn a profit legitimately.

Scots in Europe
Celtic - Champions League Group 3rd & Europa League - Runners up
Rangers - Europa League Group c - 3rd
Kilmarnock - Europa League Final Qualifying round - Lost to Zilina
Dundee Utd - Europa League Final Qualifying round - Lost to Ath Bilbao
St Johnstone - Europa League 3rd Qualifying round - Lots to Jablonec

The SPL are somehow down to 10th in Europe with out ranking dropping to 3*. Here's our Euro spots too.

View attachment 341621

We Haven't lost any European spots as Scotland is still ranked 9th in the National Coefficients actually closing the gap to Holland for the 1st time after we reached the Champions League Quarter Final and Celtic got to the Europa League final

View attachment 341622

Other European Leagues

England
View attachment 341625

Arsenal just manage to hold of Man City for the title and Man Utd finally return to the Champions League. Newcastle finish bottom, HAHA!

Germany
View attachment 341626

Two titles in a row! Leverkusen are for real. Terrible season for Dortmund who still finished 3rd.

Italy
View attachment 341627

Inter destroy everyone and waltz to the title.

Spain
View attachment 341628

Domination Ends! Athletico Madrid finish ahead of big rival Real Madrid . Barcelona only 4th

Going into the summer
I don't think we'll see much change at Aberdeen. We came oh so close to knocking out the eventual European Champions so i don't think I'll perform many changes to the team unless players force a way out. Essomba and Glowacki are both hunting for new deals and others have asked for a move but been talked around.

Scotland

Squad
Our biggest news is back up midfielder Fraser Fyvie is retiring from football so i remove the former Dons midfielder from my squad. Injury victims Steven Macari & Stewart Ross return to the squad with Sneddon still far from fit enough to play.

World Cup Qualifier Match 6
Scotland 1-1 Norway
O'G

My former Aberdeen player Helge Mjomen had the game of his life at the back to help keep my national team out in the cold and staring at 2nd place in the group

View attachment 341629

Friendly
Slovenia 1-5 Scotland
Edwards 2
Macari 2
McCulloch

This game had 2 new national records set. Martin McCulloch became the youngest Scottish player ever then 10 minutes later became Scotland youngest goal scorer before he gets a goal for Aberdeen too.

This run has seen us drop down to 18th in the World Rankings possibly ending our hopes of being seeded for the next few draws.

Post Season

Early Summer News
After 160 caps and 32 goals Alex Butler retires from internationals with Australia

Contacts

Alex Butler till 2027, but will be renewed after 5 league games so that contract will be renegotiated next summer if i remember. Michal Soldan till 2028, where a coaches contract will be offered & Freebie Adama Coulibaly till 2029

All my coaches who's contracts were expiring will be staying till 2029 or 2030

Youth players preparing to step up with new contracts are Keeper Andrija Stojanovic & wingers Keigan Hegarty & Toru Kanakubo till 2028 While Forward Grant Lawson till 2029

12/6/2022
Transfer Window opens

In

Nowt!

Out

2 Youngsters who were never good enough for the Aberdeen team that i sold were Jose Valente - St Johnstone & Graeme Franks to Hearts for a small fee

9 other players are loaned out. Dunfermline should romp to the Division 1 title with Hegarty, Kyle Watson & **** Meeuws all going there since no other SPL side wanted them.

Released two youngsters who weren't developing. Steven Martin & Ryan Knox

I am just imagining the great pleasure you took out of typing that Newcastle finished bottom....

I am just imagining the great pleasure you took out of typing that Newcastle finished bottom....

This was Me upon reading the news

<strong>[video=youtube;SH9MAhDvNjo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SH9MAhDvNjo[/video]

This was Me upon reading the news

<strong>[video=youtube;SH9MAhDvNjo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SH9MAhDvNjo[/video]

On a completely unrelated note - will I be seeing you on Saturday evening???

And on a related note - do you find it boring now it is a walk in the park every year or like my Bilbao save is the regens you have developed keeping you going?

On a completely unrelated note - will I be seeing you on Saturday evening???

And on a related note - do you find it boring now it is a walk in the park every year or like my Bilbao save is the regens you have developed keeping you going?

Non related
Not going on Saturday. Out through the day, Going to the highland league decider. Then we have a birthday at night.

Related
Since im not winning the champions league every season i find that still challenging. 1 in 10 SPL games will offer a challenge with a close game or a team fighting back but yeah the SPL is the downside of my game at the moment. Regens are keeping me going especially now the club has started developing there own. Still very much into the story even though it seems to be taking longer to get through a season just now.

Back