STAND FREE WHEREVER YOU MAY BE - And you thought Celtic beating Barca was something!

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr_Grieves
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 405K
Well done on making the WC and doing so well with the club recently. If you do really well in this CL, Scotland could really close in on eight and seventh in the coefficients.

Well done on making the WC and doing so well with the club recently. If you do really well in this CL, Scotland could really close in on eight and seventh in the coefficients.

**** yeah! That would be great. Even if we can get a bit further through and get the maximum amount of points we can.

January Transfers
View attachment 342444

Aberdeen
A Club legend returns and we loan out 3 youngsters for 1st team experience.

In
Lluis Juste - DC - £1.4m
2017-2027
View attachment 342445View attachment 342446

The 1st player of mine to become a club legend Lluis Juste is back. He made 127 appearances before moving to Fiorentia for £11m back in 2017. He's now back to finish his carear at Aberdeen.

Out

3 Left on Loan

Andrija Stojanovic to Kilmarnock, Chris Gauld to Spurs and Enzo Lupson to Hannover

World Transfers
Did anyone in England spend money except Liverpool
View attachment 342447View attachment 342448

SPL Transfers
All the big deals were around Parkhead
View attachment 342449View attachment 342450

View attachment 342452
Juste seals Dons return

Lluis Juste has completed his return to Aberdeen after a stint of almost nine years away, the Scottish Premier League side have confirmed.

Dons boss Darran Donald swooped to sign the club's former skipper even though the 31-year-old defender is carrying an injury at the moment.

Juste, who was available for £1m after a short spell with Udinese has been handed the club captain's role upon his return to Pittodrie while Alex Butler will continue to captain the team on the park.

Donald told his club's official website: "Lluis has signed initially until the end of next season and, even although he is some weeks away from a return to full fitness, simply having him around the club again is a tremendous boost to everyone"

"Lluis is Aberdeen through and through and his influence both on and off the park will be a massive confidence boost for all of us here no matter how limited his time on the park is."

European Championship Qualifying Group

Scotland are top seeds just

Group A
View attachment 342459

This group will be even more dependent on one game than the world cup qualifiers. Obviously our Play off rivals Ukraine will be fighting us for top spot the rest of the group is less than pathetic

February

Champions League challenge hanging by a thread
Dismal league form see's Celtic close the gap, a little
Ross County sack Steven Calderwell and go even worse by hiring Matt Jarvis who almost got Dundee Utd relegated last season.

Fixtures

Motherwell 0-3 Aberdeen
Hugo 2
Glowacki

More injury's! After having too many midfielders i get Sudimek and David getting injured at the same time!

Scottish Cup 5th round
Aberdeen 7-1 Falkirk
McCulloch 3
O'G
Kanakubo
Sudimak
Durmaz

Back up team were in amazing form. Juste got the armband on his return.

Quarter Final puts us with our feeder team Dunfermline
View attachment 342495

Dundee 1-4 Aberdeen
Essomba
Hugo
Elias
O'G

Played a mixed team to get us in the mood for the Champions League.

Champions League last 16 1st leg
Man Utd 3-0 Aberdeen

Man Utd were 2 goals up and we had to attack to grab an away goal which never arrived. Will need a huge turn around in the 2nd leg but we look to be out already

Aberdeen 0-1 Rangers

Another Aberdeen defeat. Starting to look like the rest of the season may be w write off.

Livingston 1-5 Aberdeen
Archer
Hugo
Loeffen 2
Fotheringham

Loeffen came off the bench to secure the win as it was only 2-1 at the time.

League
View attachment 342496

Ok time to worry a bit. The gap is down to 12 points and were playing a long way off our best. We have got to pick it up in March!

Player of the month
Peter Sudimak
View attachment 342497

The Slovakian made his name filling in for tired midfielders

Youth Intake 2026
3 players but what's with all the strikers and Brazilians for that matter. Im SURE this has actually happened

[video=youtube;S36BCNgH9As]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S36BCNgH9As[/video]

DR - Yago - 2*
View attachment 342570

Half Brazilian so he can attack and Half Scottish so he can defend, A bit. I've called him up to the Scottish national team to make sure he plays for us

AT - Nailton - 3*
View attachment 342571

The best of the lot i think. He rejected the call up to the Scotland squad but I'll keep trying to get him capped!

AT - Ross Carrol - 2.5*
View attachment 342572

Well this guys just Scottish so nothing to get excited about

Decent intake, love the fact you got 2 Brazilians! What level is your youth recruitment at and who are your affiliated clubs?

Great intake and can I see a screenshot of Olly Kenney, he's one of the SI 'faceinthegame' regens and I see he was bought by Celtic. Loved the video, utter hilarity. Juste seems to have lost it s bit though.

Decent intake, love the fact you got 2 Brazilians! What level is your youth recruitment at and who are your affiliated clubs?

Here is my full facilities page & Affiliated clubs. Cant get improve any of my facilities further and i cant add any more affiliated teams as Livingston just turned me down.

Great intake and can I see a screenshot of Olly Kenney, he's one of the SI 'faceinthegame' regens and I see he was bought by Celtic. Loved the video, utter hilarity. Juste seems to have lost it s bit though.

Juste is mostly an emotional signing. Needed a 4th choice center back and after turning him down twice before i decided to go for him now and sign him up till his retirement.

whats the "faceinthegame" regen? I've never herd of them before

Scottish League Cup Final 2026
View attachment 342654

Aberdeen Vs Kilmarnock
View attachment 342655View attachment 342656

Team News

Aberdeen
Despite all my moaning this season this must be the first time we've had a full squad to choose from

Kilmarnock
The big outsiders will be without there injured starting center Defender and Midfielder and My on loan Keeper Andrija Stojanovic and Forward Petr Jerabek

The Match
View attachment 342657

FT - Aberdeen 2-3 Kilmarnock AET

Wow so this is how Arsenal feel.
Out of 3 cups in 3 games in 9 days. This is a all time low in the last decade in charge. Im sure we were on for a hatrick of trebles 10 days ago. Nobody to blame for this defeat though despite it being a chaotic match.

Kilmarnock held the lead for through halftime till Loeffen came on to take the game into Extra Time. 2 Minutes into extra time Chris Pierce got a second yellow card and former don Gregg Elrick put Killie ahead before they also went down to 10 men. The level teams lasted almost a minute as Essomba was then taken of injured at half time in extra time. Kilmarnocks went 3-1 and a late own goal for us was no consolation for our poor performance.

View attachment 342658
Where now for Aberdeen?

As Aberdeen fall out of 3 competitions in just over a week including a embarrassing loss to Kilmarnock in the League Cup final tonight. "The rest of the season is experimental. I will be looking to give as many players a chance in the 1st team to see who will stay for 2026/27 season as i thought i had my best team out there today and clearly there is something wrong with my team somewhere. The heavy defeat at Old Trafford i can take some of the blame for that but out form since the new year will be addressed through the rest of this season to try and set us up for our best ever season"

March

Treble Treble dream is over thanks to a Horrific stroke of luck. YOU MUST READ THE DUNFERMLINE GAME
The horrible start to March crushes the teams confidence and we play awful through the whole month.
St Johnstone sack Stuart McCall to hire Ian McCall from Livingston who hire Stuart McCall. Confused!

Fixtures

Scottish Cup Quarter Final
Aberdeen 0-3 Dunfermline

Can not put into words how robbed we were here. Never noticed this was 1 day after the Scotland game and International window meaning we lost our squad. Think im lying check the difference between the team i wanted and the team i played.

View attachment 342708View attachment 342709

Champions League Last 16 2nd Leg
Aberdeen 3-1 Man Utd
Glowacki
Hugo
Loeffen

AGG Man Utd 4-3 Aberdeen

We bossed United at my stadium. United's 1 shot on goal was the difference but we made so many chances in the last 5 minutes that we missed that could have brought us through but the encouraging performance isn't enough to put us into the Quarter Finals

All last 16 results
View attachment 342710

St Johnstone 0-3 Aberdeen
Archer
Soldan
Loeffen

Aberdeen 3-1 Ross County
Hugo 2
Durmaz

Hearts 1-0 Aberdeen

Oh well so much for being back on form

League
View attachment 342711

We do everything we can to open the door for Celtic. Gap's 11 points with 7 games to go. If we beat Celtic next time out I'd feel safe but the confidence has gone and it all depends on the team that shows up on the night

Player of the month
Michael Soldan
View attachment 342712

The veteran come out of March with some dignity left.

Scotland

Friendly
Scotland 0-0 Argentina

Not the greatest tie but a great result in preparing for the world cup

View attachment 342713

April

100% record with kids playing every game apart from Celtic match.

Fixtures

Celtic 1-3 Aberdeen
Loeffen
Elias
O'G

Well whatever we do from no on this result should secure the title.

Aberdeen 4-3 Dundee Utd
McCulloch 3
Glowacki

We had to fight back from 3-1 down at home and thanks to a teenage striker we left with the 3 points

Rangers 1-2 Aberdeen
McCulloch
Hugo

A very youthful Dons team do a number on our greatest rivals

Aberdeen 2-0 Hearts
McCulloch
Gillespie

League
View attachment 342714

Our form improves just as Celtics goes downhill to ensure a easy run to the title. Celtic have a big fight on to keep 2nd. Livingston are all but down.

Player of the month
Grzegorz Glowacki
View attachment 342715

Unlucky in Europe, looking at the DOB of that player he's probably a repetition of the name (that's how regen naming works). However, in the first season, all the SI employees get a regen generated with their name and several of their details and a given position and if you search in the search bar 'faceinthgame' no spaces, remove quotations, you find those regens.

Scottish League Cup Final 2026
View attachment 342654

Aberdeen Vs Kilmarnock
View attachment 342655View attachment 342656

Team News

Aberdeen
Despite all my moaning this season this must be the first time we've had a full squad to choose from

Kilmarnock
The big outsiders will be without there injured starting center Defender and Midfielder and My on loan Keeper Andrija Stojanovic and Forward Petr Jerabek

The Match
View attachment 342657

FT - Aberdeen 2-3 Kilmarnock AET

Wow so this is how Arsenal feel.
Out of 3 cups in 3 games in 9 days. This is a all time low in the last decade in charge. Im sure we were on for a hatrick of trebles 10 days ago. Nobody to blame for this defeat though despite it being a chaotic match.

Kilmarnock held the lead for through halftime till Loeffen came on to take the game into Extra Time. 2 Minutes into extra time Chris Pierce got a second yellow card and former don Gregg Elrick put Killie ahead before they also went down to 10 men. The level teams lasted almost a minute as Essomba was then taken of injured at half time in extra time. Kilmarnocks went 3-1 and a late own goal for us was no consolation for our poor performance.

View attachment 342658
Where now for Aberdeen?

As Aberdeen fall out of 3 competitions in just over a week including a embarrassing loss to Kilmarnock in the League Cup final tonight. "The rest of the season is experimental. I will be looking to give as many players a chance in the 1st team to see who will stay for 2026/27 season as i thought i had my best team out there today and clearly there is something wrong with my team somewhere. The heavy defeat at Old Trafford i can take some of the blame for that but out form since the new year will be addressed through the rest of this season to try and set us up for our best ever season"

March

Treble Treble dream is over thanks to a Horrific stroke of luck. YOU MUST READ THE DUNFERMLINE GAME
The horrible start to March crushes the teams confidence and we play awful through the whole month.
St Johnstone sack Stuart McCall to hire Ian McCall from Livingston who hire Stuart McCall. Confused!

Fixtures

Scottish Cup Quarter Final
Aberdeen 0-3 Dunfermline

Can not put into words how robbed we were here. Never noticed this was 1 day after the Scotland game and International window meaning we lost our squad. Think im lying check the difference between the team i wanted and the team i played.

View attachment 342708View attachment 342709

sh7izjxhny1iupiisg8o.gif

However, in the first season, all the SI employees get a regen generated with their name and several of their details and a given position and if you search in the search bar 'faceinthgame' no spaces, remove quotations, you find those regens.

This is a brilliant tip for season 1 transfers. Just had a glimps at it now and there is 2 world player of the year winners there

Dave1875 my bad news shouldnt even tickle you compared to the Hearts scandal! Looks like 1 less Edinburgh team in the SPL either this year or next

May

Fixtures

Aberdeen 9-0 St Johnstone
Soldan
Archer
Sneddon
Loeffen 4
Grant
Essomba

Our first game using mostly my planned 2026 team. Good signs!

Aberdeen 4-2 Kilmarnock
Elias
Soldan
Sneddon
Loeffen

Were brilliant against St Johnstone but not so here!

Celtic 1-1 Aberdeen
David

Not our greatest last game of the season but at least this season's over.

Final League Table
View attachment 342831

2025/26 Season Review

SPL - Winner
Scottish Cup - Quarter Final
League Cup - Finalists
Champions League - Last 16

Season Stats
View attachment 342907

Final team talk
"This is usually where i rave about how well you did over the past 10 months but not this time. Im considering a lot of changes for next season. While im away with Scotland Steve "Assistant Steve Clarke" will be letting you know if your performances have cost you a place at the club. I will see those who are up to or worthy of getting back on top at the end of training camp"

SPL
View attachment 342908View attachment 342909

We retained the title but required a fumble by Celtic after the split to secure top spot. We broke 100 points and won 33 games but need too see a lot more next season.

Thanks to our last game stutter Celtic beat Kilmarnock to the Champions League qualifier spot.

St Johnstone, Rangers & Hearts join Killie in the Europa League.

Livingston get relegated. My feeder team Dunfermline win the league by a mile while my other feeder team Alloa go down.

View attachment 342910

Scottish Cup Final
Celtic 4-0 Hearts

Celtic's 1st Scottish Cup since 2011. They were luck to avoid the dark horses Dunfermline in the final. My affiliated friends would have done better than Hearts did.

View attachment 342911

Scottish League Cup Final
Aberdeen 2-3 Kilmarnock

Rangers and Celtic fall at the last 16 but Kille were always a threat as we found out as we self destructed.

View attachment 342912

2025/2026 Awards

Footballer of the year
Armand Essomba - Ave 7.66
View attachment 342913

Top Scorer
Mark Loeffen - 21 Games 30 Goals
View attachment 342914

Young Player of the year

Hugo - Ave 7.71
View attachment 342915

Team Of the year
Only 7 Players in this year
View attachment 342916

Darran Donalds player of the season
Liam Fotheringham
View attachment 342917

Would Have picked Essomba but he won League Player of the year.

Manager of the year
Darran Donald
View attachment 342918

Match of the season
11th April 2026
Aberdeen 4-3 Dundee Utd
View attachment 342919

This match turned our season around. We had just had one of my most challenging months in charge so i was giving youth a chance and they showed lots of fighting spirit. Came back from 1-0 behind then 3-1 down to finally turn around and grab the winner with 2 minutes to go.

Signing of the season
Dom Novoselic
View attachment 342920

Showed enough in his 1st 10 games at the club to earn a shot in the 1st team next season.

European Cups

Champions League Final
Barcelona 0-1 Man City - AET

View attachment 342921

Barcelona's away goal victory ruined a potential clash of the two current super clubs but in the end Man City Secured a hattrick of titles.

Europa League

CSKA Moscow 0-2 Dortmund

View attachment 342922

Not the greatest line up ever. Inter & Tottenham were the let downs while both sides of the Old Firm went out at the last 16

Dons Finances - May 30th 2026

Income
Match day income = £5.9m -£800k
All Tickets = £31.6M -£7.4m
Players Sold = £8m -£47m
Total = £105.9m -£55.5m (-£8m without player sales)

Expenditure
Player Wages = £39.5m +5.5m
Total Bonuses = £12.7m +400k
Staff Wages = £7.9m +800k
Player Transfers = £3.1m -£8.6m
Ground Maintenance = £5.3m -£2.4m
Total = £134.4m -£12.6m

Weekly Wages Currently £786.094

---Final Balance ---
£14.8m -£28.5m

Forgetting transfers we made a operating loss of £34m.

Trying to break down potential problems. Spending less than £2.5m on loans to other Scottish teams £42k a week

BUT!
All the wages & Bonus's = £60m
Stadium income = £36m
For Aberdeen -£24m

So there's my problem. Wages are through the roof ending any hope of improving the side any further.
Despite having a Ave Attendance of 97.16% the club wont back any expansions. With the current state of our finances i understand

I Wouldn't say were at the stage of having to sell my star players but we'll see where we are this time next year. Hopefully Butler, Soldan & Pierce will be more willing to cut there wages than they are just now.

Scots in Europe
Celtic - Europa League Last 16
Rangers - Europa League Last 16
Hearts - Europa League Final Play-Off
Kilmarnock - Europa League Final Play-Off
St Johnstone - Europa League 3rd Qualifying round

League rankings
View attachment 342923

SPL Still ranked 10th with no improvement from last season.

Euro Coefficients
View attachment 342924

Were still 9th but a new target has emerged in the falling Russian nation

Other European Leagues

England
View attachment 342925

Man City pull off the treble beating Man Utd 1-0 in the FA Cup final and beating Arsenal in the league by 1 point. Wolves 2 points away from the Champions league

Germany
View attachment 342926

Top 3 battled out to the last day.

Italy
View attachment 342927

Again nothing between the top 3 battling it out to the end but Inter retain

Spain
View attachment 342928

After waiting 30 years for a League title two come at once for Athletico. Real Madrid and a recovering Barcelona close behind.

Going into the summer

Im at a crossroads. I know Amri is coming in to start and im dropping Grant to the bench. Butler and Pierce have to hold off Coulibaly who has quietly developed into a superstar. Elias and Coutts will fight for the midfield starting spot while Glowacki continues to fight for a starting spot. Against Sneddon ARE YOU INSANE! Certainly wont be many new players with our financial state.

Back