STAND FREE WHEREVER YOU MAY BE - And you thought Celtic beating Barca was something!

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr_Grieves
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 405K

Season preview 2025/26
Treble Treble?

Targets

League - Winner
Scottish Cup - Winner
Scottish League Cup - Winner
Europe - Champions league - Quarter Finals

Summer news
Another busy summer with Manager changes on the continent while Scotland.
Fulham buy the SPL
Celtic try to trade up with transfers. I don't think they've done well.

Manager Changes
Didier Dechamps - Tottenham, Neil Lennon sacked
Massimo Allegri - Roma, Original manager Delio Rossi Retired
Torben Joneletie - Lyon, Replaced Dechamps
Alan Shearer - Osasuna, Frank De Boer sacked after being amazing last year.
David Moyes - R Sociedad, Rudi Garcia sacked
Yaroslav Rakitski - Sporting, Replaced Alan Shearer
Rudi Garcia - Valencia, Slavan Bilic sacked
Steven Gerrard - Arsenal, Steve McLaren retired after winning the Premiership
Radja Nainggolan - Porto, Replaced Steven Gerrard
Jordan Rhodess - Alloa, Came in to save Alloa from Barry Smith

Transfers

Top June and July Transfers
No mega deals but the Premiership spends big.
View attachment 341740View attachment 341742

Top SPL Transfers
Hearts and St Johnstone make massive profits on sales while Celtic buy and sell.
View attachment 341743

First team 2025
Provisional
View attachment 341745

No changes to the starting 11 from our team last season. Happy to give this team another chance after almost knocking out Man City and only loosing twice in the league.

Three players I've promoted to the 1st team are

Wing back Luis Carrera who must prove this season he can step up and replace Alex Butler in the future
View attachment 341748

Midfielder Peter Sudimak who hasn't shown his true talent yet
View attachment 341749

Attacking Midfielder Gavin Coutts who i thought would have replace Elias by now but has not developed how i wanted at all. So Far!
View attachment 341751

Pre Season

Friendly's
Totally messed up pre season preparations by trying to buy and sell

Dunfermline 0-5 Aberdeen

Vitesse 0-3 Aberdeen

Alloa 1-4 Aberdeen

Aberdeen Transfers
All players are youngsters who could have a part to play for the Dons or left to play there trade around the SPL.
View attachment 341800

In

Defense
View attachment 341801

Midfield
View attachment 341802View attachment 341803View attachment 341804View attachment 341805

Out

Craig Crawford - Rangers - £1.6m
View attachment 341806

Rangers were the only SPL team to bid.

Roy Strachan - Sheff Weds - £2.2m
View attachment 341807

Probably my best developed club regen. I Couldn't give him away to a SPL team so we left to sell him for money to England

Pierre Jacquet - FC Sochaux
View attachment 341808

No SPL team wanted him on loan so sent him back to France off my wage bill.

Only 1 more player went out on loan. Liam Cameron to Hearts

Champions League Group Stage Draw
View attachment 341822

1st Seeds

We only just hold onto the status as top seeds over last seasons runner up's Benfica
View attachment 341823

Hard to see a easy draw here. Any of them will be a challenge

2nd Seeds

Athletico Madrid
View attachment 341824

No easy draws but the Spanish Champions were probably the worst of the lot.

3rd seeds on the other hand couldn't have more contrast if it tried. Dortmund, Inter, Man Utd would be a nightmare draw. Olymiakos would be a dream

3rd Seeds

Sporting Lisbon
View attachment 341825

Phew. Was convinced we were getting Man Utd there but Sporting as 3rd seeds should make qualification easy enough.

Would like to Avoid Zaragoza. Zilina or BATE would be great.

4th Seeds

Anderlecht
View attachment 341826

We just miss out on Zilina but Anderlecht don't worry me.

View attachment 341827
Aberdeen and Athletico set to fight for top spot

Aberdeen were served a interesting draw for this seasons European Cup. Without showing disrespect to Sporting but perennial knock out phase team Aberdeen and Spanish champions Athletico Madrid are set to go to war for the top spot in the group. "Im not so concerned about getting top spot this season. With the teams i expect to progress will see 16 top level teams going through and little difference between getting 1st and 2nd. Not to say we wont be going all out to beat Madrid home and away"

August

Perfect start to the League
Dundee Utd make a much better start
Old firms transfer moves not paying off immediately

Fixtures

Aberdeen 4-2 Kilmarnock
Hugo 3
Elias

Kilmarnock put up quite the fight with our dominance only making a difference in the last 10 minutes.

Motherwell 0-2 Aberdeen
Essomba
Gauld

Still no Loeffen but were still winning games.

Aberdeen 4-1 Hibs
Elias
Sneddon
Durmaz
Soldan

Two of our 3 attackers starting were 16 years old, one even scoring as Loeffen gets close to a return

Dundee 0-4 Aberdeen
Loeffen 2
Pierce
Soldan

He's Back!!! Well for 3 minutes before suffering a groin strain putting him out for another month. If that wasn't enough Sneddon playing his 2nd game back strained his knee ligaments and will be out till October/November

St Johnstone 1-3 Aberdeen
Essomba
Glowacki
Elias

There was 15 minutes left & were down to 10 men but then we started playing scoring twice to make it look much more comfortable than it was.

League
View attachment 341842

New firm at the top of the table as the Old firm make a sloppy start

Player of the month
Liam Fotheringham
View attachment 341841

Scotlands star Center Back got his 50th cap this month just before his 22nd birthday and has made a wonderful start to the season at Aberdeen

Scotland

Friendly
Germany 3-1 Scotland
Edwards

This fixture was a gamble to try drag us back up the rankings but its not worked in the slightest.

August Transfers
View attachment 341862

World Transfers
View attachment 341863

Scottish transfers
Hearts continue to spend some of there massive bounty they received in the summer.
View attachment 341864

Meanwhile at Donald Stadium

One sold One Loaned

Young defender Gerado Montenegro was sold to Rangers. Wanted ridiculous money to sign on at Aberdeen and was not looking like breaking into the team. Also leaving us just temporally is Sami Amri as loaned to Lille. A lot of big teams were interested in loaning him so he must be good so i put him on loan to Lille who were willing to offer him 1st team football. Might return to the 1st team next season.

Scotland

Squad

More injury misery for Derek Sneddon who is joined on the sick list Scott Robertson & Craig Reid. Its not all bad news as half English forward Ross Robertson decides to play for us. Don't really need another striker but never mind

Ross Robertson
View attachment 341902

3 More injury's before the games kick off. Great!

World Cup Qualifier Match 7
Hungary 1-1 Scotland
Macari

Our terrible run goes on. The draw in Hungry leaves the Slovakia match a MUST WIN. On the plus side a new record for Martin McCulloch. Youngsters player in World Cup Qualifier history. Craig Sibbald won his 90th cap

Even more annoying is that Russia opened the door with a draw in Cyprus
View attachment 341903

World Cup Qualifier Match 8
Scotland 5-2 Slovakia
Macari 2
Fotheringham
Grant
O'G

I gambled on an attacking line up which gave us the goals we needed to win comfortably. Grant and Coutts reach 10 caps

View attachment 341904

Goal Difference means were assured of at least a Play-Off spot. We'll need a huge favor from Slovakia to set up a last game decider in Moscow.

September

Lacking several star starters we get a win against Sporting Lisbon in the Champions League
Mark Loeffen finally get back into the team
To try and find quality kids abroad we get a new feeder team. Spartak Moscow!

Fixtures

Aberdeen 4-0 Rangers
Lupson
Glowacki
McCulloch 2

The international break wasn't kind to us. Gauld, Grant & Hugo all came back injured and Loeffen isn't ready to return yet. We won non the less. Wasn't quite the Handmade massacre but our kids striker grabbed 2. Archer played his 250th game for Aberdeen.

Champions League Match 1
Aberdeen 1-0 Sporting
McCulloch

The Sporting game is one i expected to win but without severe star players i was just grateful to get the 3 points.

View attachment 341915

Livingston 1-5 Aberdeen
Elias
Archer 3
Durmaz

As Loeffen finally plays a game without injury but it was Archer who went hattrick hunting

Scottish League Cup 3rd Round
Elgin 0-6 Aberdeen
McCulloch 2
Coutts
Kakakubo
Lupson
O'G

Youth players did great against the mighty Elgin. Motherwell await in the Quarter Finals

Hearts 0-3 Aberdeen
Archer
Soldan
Loeffen

He's back again and this time he didn't get injured.

League
View attachment 341916

New Firm still twadlling along well in the top two. Aberdeen are 8/8 and now Loeffen is back to fix the goal difference

Player of the month
Michal Soldan
View attachment 341917

The old man of the team almost won the award last month but this time round there was no getting away from who was our star player this month.

Scotland

Squad
Grant Hanley is back, Scott Robinson was but got injured again and Derek Sneddon and out 3rd choice keeper aren't fit enough yet.

World Cup Qualifier Match 9
Cyprus 0-5 Scotland
Clark
Robertson
Gauld
Macari
Edwards

We made a very slow start taking the lead right ton half time but our second half was a very different story.

Our win was irrelevant as Russia won handsomely in Slovakia to lock in top spot.
View attachment 342021View attachment 342022

Automatic qualification isn't out the window yet however but we almost certainly need to win in Russia to qualify automatically as the best placed 2nd team. Goal Difference should work in our favor over any side.

World Cup Qualifier Match 10
Russia 1-2 Scotland
M Fotheringham
Edwards

What a game! My favorite as Scotland Boss. We took a very early lead which we held till just after half time Russia got back in front. But never fear this is Scotland were talking about. With 20 minutes to go youngster Glenn Edwards put us ahead again and into pole position to be the best placed 2nd team. Danny Wilson won his 125th cap & Rangers Runaway Craig Crawford made his 75th Scotland appearance.

Or maybe not! I totally misunderstood the 2nd place qualification layout. Turns out the top team doesn't go automatically through but rather the bottom 2nd place team go out!

View attachment 342023View attachment 342024

So its play-offs for us.

Play Off Draw

Ukraine Vs Scotland
View attachment 342025

We were the 1st game out of the hat and the game comes with good and bad news. The good news Were at home for the 2nd leg the bad news we've lost every game we've played against Ukraine

October

Still have a 100% record through the season
Just sneak past Motherwell in the cup
Brilliant win in Madrid to lead us to the top of the Group

Fixtures

Champions League Match 2
Ath Madrid 0-2 Aberdeen
Butler
McCulloch

What a stunning result. Athletico played right into our hands as we played on the counter grabbing the opener very early on then we went al lout defense and time waste and in the 90th minute sub Martin McCulloch continuing to make a name for himself.

View attachment 342189

Aberdeen 2-0 Ross County
Loeffen
Durmaz

Aberdeen 4-1 Dundee Utd
Loeffen 2
Pierce
Archer

Our New Firm rivals have been stutering recently. Elias makes his 350th appearance for Aberdeen

Champions League Match 3
Aberdeen 4-0 Anderlecht
Elias
Durmaz
O'G
Coutts

View attachment 342193

Celtic 0-1 Aberdeen
Loeffen

This was my 800th game in managment. Here's my stats through the first 799

View attachment 342190

Scottish League Cup Q/F
Aberdeen 5-1 Motherwell -- AET --
Hugo
Essomba
McCulloch 3

We needed a extra time wondershow from 16 year old McCulloch to put us into the Semi finals where we'll play St Johnstone who are having a great season.

League
View attachment 342191

Were now 11/11. Kilmarnock & St Johnstone are tied in 2nd with Hearts and Celtic starting to get a grip of themselfs. Rangers are struggling but not as much as Ross County

Player of the month
Brett Archer
View attachment 342192

The English winger had one of his best months at the club

Just read the whole thing from page 1, such a great story and im amazed of what you've achieved , leoffen looks unbelievable, keep it up:)

Scotland

Squad

Reid, Robinson and Sneddon finally make there return. Only George Clark leaves the squad with injury

World Cup Play off 1st leg
Ukraine 0-1 Scotland
M Fotheringham

A tight 1st half was changed by Ukraine coming out fighting in the second half forcing me to change into a more counter attacking set up which eventually gave a chance to Fotheringham who took it and gave us the advantage for the 2nd leg. Avoid defeat and were in the World Cup

Captain Jack Grimmer won his 100th cap, Derek Sneddon his 90th and Stuart Lindsay his 80th

Other games look pretty sewn up compared to our match

View attachment 342195

World Cup Play off 2nd leg
Scotland 3-2 Ukraine
M Fotheringham
Sibbald
Macari

AGG - Scotland 4-2 Ukraine

Were going to the Argentine!
[video=youtube;opsudWaeNqk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opsudWaeNqk[/video]

We've made it! That late goal in Ukraine was valuable but seemed worthless at half time when we were 2-1 behind and heading out of the Cup before we ever got there for our 10th World Cup Finals appearance.

View attachment 342196

November

Hibs rob us of our 100% record
Next time out we faulted massively in Lisbon
Rangers only 8th in the league!

Fixtures

Champions League match 4
Anderlecht 0-3 Aberdeen
Loeffen 3

The Loeffen juggernaut keeps us 5 points above the Athletico meaning we win in Lisbon then we'll top the group.

View attachment 342214

Kilmarnock 1-5 Aberdeen
Loeffen 3
Archer
David

We were 1-0 down very early on but Loeffen knocked out Killie before Archer and David supplied the final blows.

Aberdeen 2-0 Motherwell
Loeffen 2

Same old Loeffen! After a good month for injury's Lupson pulled his hamstring and is out for a month and Archer twisted his ankle ruling him out till 2026

Hibs 2-2 Aberdeen
Loeffen 2

The SPL has sunk to a new low to try and stop Aberdeen & Loeffen. Disallowed goals either side of half time to screw us out of our unbeaten record.

Champions League Match 5
Sporting Lisbon 2-1 Aberdeen
Sneddon

We May have thrown away the group in the last 15 minutes. Felt it when Sporting equalized that we were onto a looser and sure enough with 5 minutes left the winner went Sportings way. We've been rubbish since the International play offs. Delighted i can rest the 1st team in the cup next time out

View attachment 342215

Scottish Cup 4th Round
Airdrie 0-3 Aberdeen
McCulloch 3

Games like this make it so tempting to shove him in Loeffens place. We get Falkirk in the next round where there is no Rangers after our affiliated team Dunfermline knocked them out.

League
View attachment 342216

We have a 11 point lead over the very impressive Kilmarnock who are just ahead of Celtic in the league. Ross County stilll stuck on 3 points.

Player of the month
Martin McCulloch
View attachment 342218

10 goals in the two cup competitions already. Really kicking down the door to get his chance.

World Cup 2026 Group Draw
View attachment 342232

Our dodgy form over the last 12 months see's us drop back to be a solid 2nd seed team after breaking into the top 10 we've dropped right back to 20 in the world

The Worst group for Scotland is
England
Scotland
Colombia
USA

While the Best group we could get is
Mexico
Scotland
Algeria
Iran

This summer i think it will all come down to the draw. We need 3rd and 4th seeds to be rubbish so we can take advantage of our squad not being as great as it once was.

1st Seeds

Mexico in Group A is the most desirable tie. Brazil and England are the ones to miss.

2nd seeds
View attachment 342233

YES YES YES!!!! Thank you Mr Draw maker. Mexico have an amazing strike force but i think we have a shot at winning the group since Mexico should be our toughest opposition.

From the African/South American seeds i would like Algeria or Peru although non of them make me sit up and worry

3rd seeds
View attachment 342234

Peru
View attachment 342236

Someone up there must really like me with this draw, Almost gone to perfection.

If we Get Saudi Arabia or Iran im going to Vegas NOW!

4th seeds
View attachment 342235

Serbia
View attachment 342237

Well it couldn't be perfect could it. Serbia are a bit like the current team 2 or 3 top class players then nothing too exciting after that.

This will be a very interesting group. Anyone except Peru i think could win the group and anything could happen making every game a cup final.

December

A few domestic thrashings to make up for our drop in form in November
Destroy Athletico Madrid to secure top spot in the group.

Fixtures

Aberdeen 11-0 Dundee
Glowacki
Sneddon 2
Essomba 4
Elias
Loeffen 2
O'G

It really wasn't Dundee's day. They even managed to miss a penalty at the end. This was Alex Butler's 400th Game for Aberdeen

Champions League Match 6
Aberdeen 3-0 Athletico Madrid
Sneddon
Loeffen
Soldan

The Dundee Game must have really fired the boys up for tonights game. one of my proudest nights in charge of Aberdeen. Following on from Butler this was Keeper Daniel Monnards 400th Aberdeen appearance.

In the end Athletico made it but only on goal difference

View attachment 342256

Rangers 0-2 Aberdeen
Glowacki
Loeffen

We've had a busy week so im glad to get over my least favorite banana skin.

Aberdeen 3-1 St Johnstone
Loeffen 2
Essomba

We were not to hot here. Missed so many chances when the game was tied and conceding a early goal never impresses me.

Aberdeen 7-0 Livingston
Sneddon 2
Loeffen 2
Essomba
Gauld
Hugo

A nice thrashing of the bottom side to end our year.

League
View attachment 342257

Ross County get back to back wins to move above Livingston while Kilmarnock's heavy goal scoring keeps them ahead on Celtic going into 2026

Player of the month
Armand Essomba
View attachment 342258

Wow and this guy used to be behind David? Added a lot of goals to his game this season.

November

Hibs rob us of our 100% record

Hibs 2-2 Aberdeen
Loeffen 2

The SPL has sunk to a new low to try and stop Aberdeen & Loeffen. Disallowed goals either side of half time to screw us out of our unbeaten record.

sh7izjxhny1iupiisg8o.gif

Revenge is sweet huh! Guess we'll need to put a few dozen past you next time!

Champions League Draw
View attachment 342270

Leverkusen & Marseilles are the 2 sides I'd like most. Man Utd & Real Madrid are the two i don't want one bit.

Man Utd Vs Aberdeen
View attachment 342271View attachment 342272

Full Draw
View attachment 342273

It Just had to happen didn't it We regularly play each other in pre season friendlys but in Champions League knockouts were 1 each with Man Utd knocking us out at the Semi finals in 2018 and we returned the favor at this stage in 2020 . Real Madrid V Bayern Munich is the tie of the round.

January

Terrible defeat to Hearts at Donald Stadium-
Loose 3 of my 4 keepers in a week and my have found a new No1
Loeffen retains his spot in world Team of the year.
View attachment 342332

Fixtures

Ross County 1-4 Aberdeen
Carrera
McCulloch
O'G
Hugo

Back team shoots back up team scores!

Aberdeen 1-2 Hearts
Coutts

Our first defeat in 30 games. We were awful and deserved this result.

Dundee Utd 0-6 Aberdeen
Loeffen
Hugo 3
O'G
Coutts

I think that's how the boys apologies for the Hearts result

Aberdeen 4-0 Celtic
Hugo 3
Elias

Our easiest game against Celtic in the last few years. They really did mess up in the transfer window this summer

Aberdeen 2-0 Kilmarnock
Elias
Glowacki

Our 3 best players Loeffen, Soldan & Essomba all went of injured in the 1st half. Loeffen is the only significant injury and he is a doubt for the Man Utd game

Aberdeen 3-0 Hibs
Glowacki
Hugo 2

Chris Pierce makes appearance 450 for Aberdeen

Scottish League Cup Semi Final
Aberdeen 4-0 St Johnstone
Glowacki
Essomba
Elias
Hugo

Aberdeen comfortably reach the final and in the 4 games since Monnards injury Vucic has yet to conceded a goal. Could we have a new No1?

Kilmarnock wait in the final.
View attachment 342333

League
View attachment 342334

We lost our 1st game but were still 15 points clear of Celtic who get ahead of Kilmarnock for the 1st time this season. Ross County and Livingston tied at the bottom.

Player of the month
Hugo
View attachment 342335

Following Loeffen's injury Hugo came in to remind us there is more to the future than McCulloch

Wigan have a player in the World team of the year :O Still going great mate, I fancy another Champions League win this season if you can make it past Manchester United! Keep up the good work :D

Back