STAND FREE WHEREVER YOU MAY BE - And you thought Celtic beating Barca was something!

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr_Grieves
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 405K

Immediate cuts at Aberdeen
View attachment 342964

After news of massive losses at Aberdeen FC over the past 12 months have been met with immediate cuts from the team. 1 Player **** Meeuws previously on loan had a clause on his contract to leave on a free after this season and Aberdeen decide to let him go rather than negotiate a £15k a week contract.

Staff
Also having there contract terminated is Scout Ricky Sbragia and two coaches Hugh Murray & Tony Quinn with further cuts "Guaranteed next summer"

3 Backroom staff were offered early retirement with long serving staff David Wylie 2006-2026, Craig Robertson 2007-2026 & German Super Scout Norbet Ziegler all leaving with many more expected to follow by June 2027 with many contracts set to expire next summer. 5 Major earners are also set to talk contract at Donald Park Before the boss heads of to Argentina.

Also to help out with the financial issue's chairman Lee Burns has loaned the Club £16m with future payment to be sorted out over the future.

Post Season

Summer News

Brendon Rodgers leaves Celtic to move onto bigger things. could they employ a better or worse manager?

Contracts
Lost of contracts but i fought for every penny

Chris Pierce & Elias signs a 1 year extension to 2028

Alex Butler & Derek Sneddon 2029
And Goalkeepers Petar Vucic & Daniel Monnad till 2030

Youth Players signing up were David Gillespie & Andrew McCormick till 2029

While 19 year old should be wonderkid Sami Amri signs on long term till 2031

8/6/2026
Transfer Window Opens
View attachment 343040

In
Well You've seen our bank balance!

Out

I've sold two of my loan players who's contract's expire next summer.
Ruben Ruiz - Dundee £40k & Liam Cameron - Hull £3m

9 more players leave on loan all to SPL team except Martin McCulloch who is going to be a key player in a Premiership team.

If there's a top Scottish prospect out there, would you buy him? Also, to fit in Glowacki, why not play Sneddon as an inside forward on the left wing so then he can score more goals. Can we have screenshots for the Scotland team? You're doing so well, do you have any transfer tips?

If there's a top Scottish prospect out there, would you buy him? Also, to fit in Glowacki, why not play Sneddon as an inside forward on the left wing so then he can score more goals. Can we have screenshots for the Scotland team? You're doing so well, do you have any transfer tips?

Top Scottish prospect.

I spend plenty of time going through the Scottish teams during the youth intake to find any potential world beaters to sign up. My theory is even if they dont turn out good enough for Aberdeen i'll train them up quicker than CPU teams so if they'll be good enough for other SPL teams or even the Scottish team quicker then it works for me. Best example of Scottish players working out is Fotheringham. Got him from Dundee Utd and he was brilliant from the start quickly made room in the 1st team for him. Finding it harder with McCulloch since he has to fight Loeffen i think loaning him to Bolton will be better than making a few sub appearances and playing cup games for me.

Sneddon & Left Wing

I find Sneddon/Glowacki and Archer all very close in stats and just now they are so much better than my U19's so it s a fight between those 3 with the u19's making cameo appearances. The reason i dont play Sneddon on the left is i dont believe in the inside forward cutting in tactic, prefer using them as supporting wingers and using the width to make more space for the main striker to get most of the goals. Also with Archer's age (28) i might sell him next summer to give the two u19 wingers more football so that would open the door for Glowacki too.

Scotland Screenshots

I'll put them in with my world cup review bit so we'll see the team going forward after the World Cup

Transfer tips
I try and have at least 1 player for each position in the u19's that could one day be good enough to start in the 1st team. By doing this you'll either get a good player for your team in the future, have usable depth now and if they dont work out for you there value is almost certainly going to improve to more than it cost you to buy them so you can have the cash back in your back.
When serching for players i have to credit Klippybo with finding youths as i wasnt good at it till he showed me a week after the youth intake comes in to search for them in the player search screen and also click on all the top division clubs u19 and clubs that always produce good youths like Middlesboro ect. This is especially important wit ha team like mine which can not make money without selling players.

Thanks and by buying prospects, did you not buy one when there was one due to your finances?

There have been quite a few over the years i've missed out on due to finance. One i remember best back in around 2015 was a Dundee Utd midfielder called Terry Sellars. I bidded on him for years but he always rejected me and by the time he was interested my back up players were better than him and he never developed into anything useful. Was a very useful Belgian that went to Spartak for more money than i could comprehend but in January this year he was available on a free but Man City, Bayern and Barca were all able to offer more money than i could.

Did Terry Sellars have the potential to be as good as Coutts, McCulloch, Sneddon or Fotheringham?

I'd say he was in ball park with Coutts. Good enough to be a top SPL player and in the Scotland Squad but not quite as good as Fotheringham & Sneddon who i've made a career out of but i've just checked him out and he's not developed at all. Not even a starting player for Dundee Utd

Scotland World Cup Squad
View attachment 343116

Final 23 Man Squad

Goalkeepers - Caps/Goals
GK Craig Crawford - 82
GK Robbie Thompson - 26
GK Mark Ridgers - 4

Defenders
DR Jack Grimmer - 106/2
DL Stephen Grant - 17/1
DL Stephen Hendrie - 81/1
DC Danny Wilson - 131/4
DC Grant Hanley - 122/5
DC Liam Fotheringham - 60/1

Midfielders

MC Stuart Lindsay - 85/10
MC Scott Robinson - 62/8
MC Gregg Elrick - 5/1
MC Gregg Clark - 20/2
MC Mark Fotheringham - 11/4
MC Gavin Coutts - 14/1
MR Derek Sneddon - 96/39
MR Stewart Ross - 23/2
ML Craig Sibbald - 96/23
ML Chris Gauld - 18/1

Forwards
AT Steven Macari - 51/28
AT Martin McCulloch - 13/1
AT Ross Robertson - 7/1
AT Kyle Watson - 3

A great mix of teenagers to 34 year olds on the verge of retiring. In Goals Mark Ridgers comes in for the injured Craig Reid as 3rd choice. Defense is a bit shorter than I'd like but no shocks and is full of versatile players. Midfield is packed and again no surprises. Up front Macari is going to lead the team with Robertson and Watson trying to sneak an appearance as is my super hero Martin McCulloch

Warm Up Friendly

Scotland 3-0 Paraguay
Sneddon 3

Scotland 2-2 Uruguay
Sneddon 2

Scotland 2-1 USA
Elrick
OG

Scotland 0-0 Portugal

Alvear FBC 1-8 Scotland
Gauld
Macari 2
Sneddon 2
Clark
Coutts
Robertson

Brilliant preparations as we had no defeats and hold teams like Uruguay & Portugal. The team now have 7 days to relax and do some light training and preparations before we kick of against Serbia.

Argentina 2026
View attachment 343171

World Cup Group A

Match 1

Serbia 1-0 Scotland

Not the start we wanted. Was a even game where a goal was all that separated the teams. We went all out at the end but Coutts's red card was the end of our challenge.

No surprises in the other match where the Mexicans easily beat Peru.
View attachment 343172

Match 2
Scotland 1-0 Mexico
Macari

Wow this is realistic! We were awful and the game was a joke. But like the real Scotland we'll somehow beat a team we had no right beating.

And what a way to set up the group for a thrilling final game.
View attachment 343173

Match 3
Scotland 2-0 Peru
Hanley
Coutts

We won ugly again! Peru had a potentially vital goal near the end chalked off but the result was enough to put us through as group winners while favorites Mexico go out. Grant Hanley won his 125th cap while Stephen Grant reached 20

Final table
View attachment 343174

Other Groups
Portugal, Brazil, 2022 runner up's Czech Republic are out. Group H saw England & Denmark go through

View attachment 343175View attachment 343176

World Cup 2026
View attachment 343179

Second Round Draw
View attachment 343180

Argentina Vs Scotland
View attachment 343181View attachment 343182
We draw the hosts so effectively have an away game to try and win our 1st knockout match

Line Ups

Argentina
The Hosts are 1 player short. Benfica Midfielder Javier Gil is out injured

Scotland
Of all the days and all the players to be missing Derek Sneddon is suspended.
Jack Grimmer wins his 110th cap and Stewart Ross wins his 25th

The Match

67 - Fuentes - Red card

FT - Argentina 0-0 Scotland
So we go to Extra Time

Extra Time

105 - Goal - Robertson
I almost bounced out of my chair as we finally open the scoring.

106 - Goal - Sanchez
Perhaps my shortest held lead ever as home inspiration kicks in

114 - Injury - Elrick
Our holding midfielder goes off injured with no subs left.

122 - Goal - Berretti
Really! Come on!!!

AET Argentina 2-1 Scotland
View attachment 343183

Scotland most heartbreaking moment. It can't be legal to rob us this late. I suppose personally its Karma for my 1st Champions League win where i robbed Bayern.

Other Results
View attachment 343184

Denmark put out Spain which is the only big shock. England are scoring a ridiculous amount of goals.

World Cup review

"The FA expect Scotland to be competitive at the World Cup"
"The FA are delighted the team reached the second round"

The Scottish FA are quite happy "The national sides performances have enthralled the entire nation"

Our competition got off to the worst possible start loosing to 4th seeds Serbia but after that every performance was top notch. Beating a good Mexican team then comfortably beating Peru to get through to the knockout phase again. Argentina were taken right to the limit and beyond.

New Record High ranking - 7th
View attachment 343259

2026-28
After such a promising tournament i don't want to make to many changes. We do have quite a few players in the 30's. Defense will see the biggest change with Danny Wilson & Grant Hanley retiree's. On top of my Two retired players Scott Robinsons stats have collapsed so he's out

Thanks and goodbye

Danny Wilson
132 Caps 4 Goals

Grant Hanley
126 Caps 6 Goals

Scott Robinson
63 Caps 8 Goals

View attachment 343260

2026-28 squad

Derek Sneddon retires from Internationals
After a quick word from his club manager he decides to stay on.

Changes for 2026-2028
View attachment 343337

GK

Key Player

C Crawford
View attachment 343336

Same 3 players

Defense

Key Player
L Fotheringham
View attachment 343338

Grant Hanley & Danny Wilson retired from all football so two defenders are required.

Newbie's
Arran Parker & Fraser Hamilton will join the team with Blayn Ross being back up
View attachment 343339View attachment 343340

Midfield

Key Player
Stuart Lindsay
View attachment 343341

Scott Robinsons career is over as he's out.

Newbies
New permanent Squad members are Gregg Elrick & Conrad Byers
View attachment 343342View attachment 343343

Forward

Key Player
Steven Macari
View attachment 343345

Nothing exciting here but Stevie Cairney's career is in the toilet after 2 awful seasons.

Thanks. Unlucky at the World Cup. Have you taken Sneddon out of the Aberdeen starting lineup?

Back