STAND FREE WHEREVER YOU MAY BE - And you thought Celtic beating Barca was something!

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr_Grieves
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 405K

Season preview 2026/27
Getting Aberdeen back on track

Targets
League - Winner
Scottish Cup - Winner
Scottish League Cup - Winner
Champions league - Quarter Finals

Summer news
Very interesting manager changes on the continent while Scotland's teams get worse managers to replace the outgoing chiefs
Fulham buy the SPL
Celtic try to trade up with transfers. I don't think they've done well.

Manager Changes
Brendan Rodgers - Tottenham, Deschamps sacked
Didier Deschamps - Valencia, Rudi Garcia retired
Cesc Fabregas - Real Madrid, Jose Mouriniho retired
Andreu Fontas - Real Sociedad, David Moyes Retired
Josep Guardiola - Spain
Vincenzo Montella - Italy
Vitor Pereira - England
Yaroslav Rakitskyi - Portugal
Fabio Aurelio - Brazil
Gokham Inler - Benfica, Replaced Fabregas
Antonio Conte - Bayern, Josep off to Spain
Roberto Donadoni - Ath Madrid, Replaced Conte
Markus Babbel - Dortmund, Replaced Donadoni
Chris Coleman - Celtic, Replaced Rodgers
Steven Calderwell - Hearts, Replaced Coleman

Transfers

Top June and July Transfers
Tottenham busy selling, Man City busy buying
View attachment 343392View attachment 343393

Top SPL Transfers
View attachment 343394

4 of the top 5 transfers are players leaving the league.

First team 2026

Provisional
View attachment 343395

Thought long and hard about what i was going to do this season and in the end i decided the 30+ group of Butler, Pierce, Elias and Soldan can lead the team but changes will happen during the season with Adama coulibaly ready to jump inn as soon as either of the defenders slip up and Coutts or Sudimek ready to come in for Elias. Might see some of them leave after this season depending on there performances and youths coming through. I tried to buy a Midfielder from Spartak but Man City got wind of it and went wild on wages to get him. I offered a club record £80k a week and it wasnt even close.

The Team 2026
With All time club stats - App/Goals

GK Daniel Monnard - 400/0
View attachment 343399

DR Alex Butler (Captain) - 400/9
View attachment 343400

DC Chris Pierce - 463/37
View attachment 343402

DC Liam Fotheringham - 247/8
View attachment 343403

DL Sami Amri <NEW> - 12/
View attachment 343401

MC Michal Soldan - 539/89
View attachment 343404

MC Elias - 377/149
View attachment 343405

MC Armand Essomba - 171/39
View attachment 343406

AR Derek Sneddon - 547/203
View attachment 343407

AL Brett Archer - 274/69
View attachment 343409

AT Mark Loeffen - 346/390
View attachment 343410

Subs

GK
View attachment 343411
Petar Vucic

DF

Stephen Grant, Adama Coulibaly & Lluis Juste
View attachment 343413View attachment 343412View attachment 343414

MF
Dom Novoselic, Gavin Coutts, Peter Sudimak, Grzegorz Glowacki
View attachment 343417View attachment 343415View attachment 343418View attachment 343416

AT
Hugo
View attachment 343420

Pre Season

Friendly's
Remembered to set fixtures this year. Thrashed old foe Brendon Rodgers at his new team

Aberdeen 3-0 Anderlecht

AZ 1-5 Aberdeen

NEC 0-4 Aberdeen

Alloa 0-7 Aberdeen

Aberdeen 4-0 Tottenham

Man Utd 1-0 Aberdeen

Aberdeen Transfers

In
3 Player join for the youth team while despite our losses i bring in 3 players for loaning to SPL teams.

Jero Marques - DC
View attachment 343519

Elia Pavesti - MC
View attachment 343520

Denis Jovic - MC
View attachment 343521

I expect no more additions to the squad.

Out

With more Midfielders coming into the youth team i decide now is the time to sell David, Happy to get that much for a back up.

Attacking Winger Kyle Watson was out of a job so after a bit of work i found a SPL team to buy him, Hearts.

6 others leave on loan with a few other players to be moved on before the August deadline.

Juste doesn't look any good at all. Why have you bought him back?

Juste doesn't look any good at all. Why have you bought him back?

He's the last line of back up. He's a club legend who was transfer listed for £1m so i picked him up with hopes that one day he'll be a good coach

Champions League Group Stage Draw
View attachment 343916

1st Seeds

If last season was close then this year is ridiculous. Only .4 points more than Arsenal to get into the top seeds

Like last season Hard to see a easy draw here. Marseille & Dortmund would be my preferred choice
View attachment 343917

2nd Seeds

Man Utd

This was the tie i wanted least. Arsenal would have been just as bad but Utd will bring back bad memory's of last season.

View attachment 343918

3rd seeds its vital we avoid Athletico Madrid. Would like to miss Valencia, Inter & Roma too

3rd Seeds

Athletico Madrid

Oh God! Were in the group of death. Awful draw!
View attachment 343919

All the 4th seeds are pants!

4th Seeds

Galatasaray
View attachment 343920

There all pants but we would draw the best ranked 4th seed team.

View attachment 343921
Group of Death

Aberdeen fans will have some exciting trips to the continent this autumn after the champions league draw presented them with the group of death. "Man Utd, 1 point off the Premiership and Athletico the Spanish champions it doesn't get much worse than this! Look we'll try our hardest but the games between us 3 teams could go either way so we'll take it 1 game at a time and see how we do. By a long way the toughest group I've been in"

There's a bright side to that because if you win it, you'll have a good coefficient boost and there will be another European spot going to a Scottish club.

It would always be nice to get past the last 16 or quarter finals. The Europa League can be a hit or miss. One season its was much harder than the Champions League and had at least 4 of Europe's top 10 in the later stages.

August

Our best start to the season ever
Comfortable wins at Kilmarnock, Hearts & Celtic the teams i rate highest in the league
Loeffen & Archer on fire!

Fixtures

Hearts 0-4 Aberdeen
Archer 2
Loeffen 2

I think Hearts will be a wild card team this season so a great start.

Aberdeen 7-0 Motherwell
Coulibaly 2
Loeffen
Sneddon
Soldan
Sudimak
Essomba

Will this be our annual thrashing of Motherwell or will we get a better result later in the year.

Kilmarnock 0-3 Aberdeen
O'G
Sneddon
Loeffen

I'm expecting killie to be fighting for 2nd this season so this is a great result. Some bad news though Sudimak & Elias both off injured

Celtic 1-6 Aberdeen
Loeffen 3
Coutts
Archer 2

Chris Coleman your not going to be here long!

League
View attachment 344035

4/4, 20 goals, 7 from Loeffen. Best start ever.

Player of the month
Brett Archer
View attachment 344036

He's playing for his Aberdeen career this term so this is the start they needed.

Scotland
Italy 3-2 Scotland
Sneddon 2

View attachment 344037

Our 2nd game in a row where we've lost a game in stoppage time.

Always saw this story but never really followed which im starting to regret haha! would love to read through it but 78 pages wouldnt be good for my eyes haha :P

Always great seeing someone take an SPL side other than Rangers or Celtic and make them great!

I will be sure to follow from now on, great start though mate keep it up!

August Transfers
View attachment 344043

World Transfers
View attachment 344044

Scottish transfers
Hull take over from Fulham buying SPL stars
View attachment 344045

Meanwhile at Donald Stadium

All Out!
One sold One released

Chris Gauld - Hull - £5m

Last season Gaulds chances in the 1st team disappeared with other u19's getting the nod over him. Since January I've been looking to get him to a SPL team but non were forthcoming so i had to let him go abroad and join Hull for a very reasonable £5m. Hopefully this move will see him play every week and be good enough to take over from Sibbald over the next two seasons.

Kir Bahadir was let go as his contract is up in the summer and nobody wanted to buy or loan him.

Always saw this story but never really followed which im starting to regret haha! would love to read through it but 78 pages wouldnt be good for my eyes haha :P

Always great seeing someone take an SPL side other than Rangers or Celtic and make them great!

I will be sure to follow from now on, great start though mate keep it up! .

Thanks. Try having a look at the opening post on the story. I've kept a up to date highlight reel with links to most of my main achievements, League & Cup wins & Major International tournaments. Hopefully you can pick out some of the best bits without spending too much of your time going through 78 pages lol

Scotland

Sqaud
Elrick & Coutts are back after injurys kept them out of the Italy friendly

Friendly
Croatia 2-0 Scotland

View attachment 344120

Euro Qualifyer Match 1
Scotland 8-0 Luxembourg
McCulloch
Hamilton 2
Sneddon 2
Sibbald
Macari 2

Fraser Hamilton win his 25th cap and got his 1st man of the match for his country as we got a expected easy win to top the group.

View attachment 344121

September

Still unbeaten in the League
4 Points from our games with Man Utd and Athletico Madrid
Kids beat Falkirk in the cup

Fixtures

Aberdeen 7-0 Dunfermline
Sudimak 2
Loeffen 3
Archer
Glowacki

Back from international duty to warm up for our 1st Champions league group of death game. Loeffen's hattrick resulted in his 400th Aberdeen goal.

Champions League Match 1
Athletico Madrid 0-0 Aberdeen

Madrid bossed the game and deserved to win but unlike Aberdeen our defense stayed strong and we kept Madrid out. Happy with the result.

Aberdeen 6-0 Dundee
Sneddon
Loeffen
Glowacki
Amri
Coutts
Essomba

League Cup 3rd round
Falkirk 0-2 Aberdeen
Gillespie 2

Our under 19's get the win they deserved

Hibs 0-4 Aberdeen
Loeffen
Soldan 2
O'G

Champions League Match 2
Aberdeen 3-0 Man Utd
Loeffen 2
Essomba

United had no answer to the Dons tonight. Just like the same fixture last year we easily beat them at home. Hopefully we can do the same on match day 6 if we need it.

View attachment 344379

League
View attachment 344380
7/7 again but 37goals already is ridiculous. Rangers looking like having a shot at 2nd place. Celtic only 8th

Player of the month
Peter Sudimak
View attachment 344381

Came in with knocks and injury's to all my starting midfielders. Getting very close to starting permanently

Scotland

Squad
Our three best players Sneddon, Lindsay & Macari are all out injured

Euro's Qualifier Match 2
Faroe Islands 2-5 Scotland
Clark
Coutts
Edwards
McCulloch
Watson

Craig Crawford won his 90th Cap and his mistake left us 2-1 down at half time. Lucky for us i had a team talk to turn the game around. Center backs Parker & Hamilton and Midfielder Elrick adds to the injury list

Euro's Qualifier Match 3
Scotland 4-0 Cyprus
Edwards
Coutts
Robertson
McCulloch

Well that's the last of the donkey teams we have to play. A Nice easy way to end the year.

Good start to your Champions League group mate, 6 points from your two games against Galatasary and you'll be laughing! How long are planning on playing this save? Do you think you'll ever be able to break the league into the top 5 or 6 in the coefficients?

Back