STAND FREE WHEREVER YOU MAY BE - And you thought Celtic beating Barca was something!

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr_Grieves
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 405K
Good start to your Champions League group mate, 6 points from your two games against Galatasary and you'll be laughing! How long are planning on playing this save? Do you think you'll ever be able to break the league into the top 5 or 6 in the coefficients?

The other save i planned doing this year would take up so much time that i dont think i'll have time to do it this year so i could be sticking with this save through the end of the transfer window as it stands just now.

I think Scotland could challenge Russia & Holland to get into the top 6 with Portugal not far ahead after that but would need Celtic, Kilmarnock & Rangers to help me out by getting more points than Porto, Sporting & Benfica then its the same story for France to get them up to speed with Lyon & Marsille. to move into 5th. Im hoping by 2030 we'll have all come far enough to at least be in a fight with Russia & Holland.

October

Aberdeen have a perfect month
Celtic are in a mess
St Johnstone sack Stuart McCall already

Fixtures

Aberdeen 3-0 Ross County
Essomba
Coutts 2

3 goals & 3 Injury's. At least there's a international break after this

Rangers 1-2 Aberdeen
O'G
Elias

We suffered badly from jet lag at Ibrox. Rangers put on quite a fight and there late strike was the least they deserved

Champions League Match 3
Aberdeen 6-1 Galatasary
Glowacki
O'G
Loeffen 2
Hugo 2

Galatasaray had us level for a few minutes but that just made Loeffen Mad!

Not looking good for Man Utd

View attachment 344411

Aberdeen 4-0 St Johnstone
Hugo 3
Archer

Hugo filled in for a knackered Loeffen who'd earned his break and Hugo shows he's more than capable to fill in.

Scottish League Cup Q/F
Celtic 1-3 Aberdeen
Hugo
Soldan
Fotheringham

Celtic had it back to 2-1 with 10 minutes to go but our Scottish hero Liam Fotheringham headed the winner at the end.

League
View attachment 344412

10/10 for Aberdeen. The Rangers game was a close call while Hearts & Rangers look set to fight for 2nd. As i predicted Celtic with Coleman is a mess. Managerless St Johnstone are bottom.

Player of the month
Gavin Coutts
View attachment 344413

Even Sudimek got injured in October and his stand in is starting to look pretty useful.

November

Perfect run in the league goes on
1st Defeat of the season come at home to Athletico Madrid
St Johnson make a huge mistake and appoint Scott Carson as Manager after destroying Dunfermline 3 seasons ago

Fixtures

Champions League Match 4
Galatasaray 0-3 Aberdeen
Loeffen 3

Played a weaker team and Loeffen along with the Madrid result should have us on the way to the knockout phase

View attachment 344444

Aberdeen 8-0 Hearts
Pierce
Essomba 3
Soldan 2
Fotheringham
Loeffen

Flying start to our run on SPL games

Aberdeen 5-0 Dundee Utd
Elias 3
Loeffen 2

Is that where Elias has been hiding!

Aberdeen 6-0 Kilmarnock
Essomba
Glowacki
Archer
Loeffen 3

Motherwell 0-4 Aberdeen
Coutts
Loeffen
Sneddon
Elias

Perfect end to our SPL run. Huge match against Madrid next. The winner goes through to the last 16.

Champions League Match 5
Aberdeen 0-1 Athletico Madrid

What a swift kick to the balls. Made worse as this turns out to be the group decider and for the first time in a long time we look to be stuck in 2nd.

View attachment 344445

Scottish Cup 4th Round
Aberdeen 5-0 Forfar
Glowacki 2
Loeffen 2
Novoselic

Built a team to give Loeffen goals. Today wasn't his day.

League
View attachment 344446

14/14. This could be the season! Up till the Athletico game but domestically were on unstoppable form. St Johnstone defy my predictions and fly up the table.

Player of the month
Michal Soldan
View attachment 344447

Well into his 32nd year and still out performing the best of them.

Scotland

Scotland 2-2 Germany
Sneddon
Gauld

Germany's Nowak is a monster so im delighted to have gotten a result out of this game.

December

Aberdeen keep the 100% league run going
Battle's for 2nd and bottom are really really close.
Celtic & Rangers join us in Europe after Christmas as Hearts miss out on goal difference and Kilmarnock end bottom of a very hard group
Europe's 2nd best team Real Madrid finish 3rd in Champions League group and are out!

Fixtures

Dunfermline 0-3 Aberdeen
Soldan
Loeffen 2

Champions League Match 6
Man Utd 0-0 Aberdeen

Man Utd go out as our back up team hold United to a draw.

View attachment 344474

Aberdeen 6-0 Celtic
Loeffen 3
Sneddon 2
Elias

Another crushing defeat to a Celtic side who must be thinking about loosing there manager!

Aberdeen 3-0 Hibs
Loeffen 3

Dundee 0-8 Aberdeen
Elias 2
Sneddon
Loeffen 2
Archer
Pierce
Essomba

We had our best 1st half ever in Dundee going 7-0 ahead before the break

Ross County 1-3 Aberdeen
Loeffen
Sneddon
Soldan

Tragedy as we concede a goal. Its like loosing a game.

League
View attachment 344475

19/19. Just 17 wins away from a perfect season and so far nobody's really looked like stepping up. Battle for 2nd is ridiculous as is the battle at the bottom.

Player of the month
Mark Loeffen
View attachment 344476

The Dutch striker had a crazy month 11 goals in 5 games.

The most ridicolus thing is that noone in the league has a + GD. Meanwhile your GD is +89. Insane!

The most ridicolus thing is that noone in the league has a + GD. Meanwhile your GD is +89. Insane!

Yeah! I've never seen anything like that before. A entire league without a positive goal difference except us. Noticed Rangers usually just sneaked over 0 sometimes Killie too

Champions League Last 16 Draw
View attachment 344818

I certainly lucked out by finishing 2nd. Marseilles, Porto, Valencia and PSG. Chelsea & Barcelona would be the teams to avoid.

Aberdeen Vs Porto
View attachment 344819View attachment 344820

Full Draw
View attachment 344821

Ahh our fellow big fish in a small Portuguese pond and old foe's still have Carlos Fierro & Mirza Selimovic scoring far to many goals. This season they have my center back Enzio Lupson on loan but he can't play against us.

Barcelona Vs Man City is the tie of the round

92 Goals in 19 games is mental, cant stop laughing at the sheer dominance haha!

Keep it up mate, great stuff!

January

The 100% record is over again!
Mark Loeffen in the world team of the year again. Brett Archer makes the bench to surprise me.
Man City offer £35m then £41m for Loeffen. Rejected
View attachment 344841

Fixtures

Aberdeen 4-0 Rangers
Glowacki
Loeffen 2
Essomba

Rangers were putting up quite a fight till the last 20 minutes when it was only 1-0. Elias played his 400th game for Aberdeen

St Johnstone 1-4 Aberdeen
Essomba
Elias
Coutts
Archer

Dundee Utd 2-2 Aberdeen
Glowacki
Loeffen

Were NEVER going to get a 100% season

Hearts 3-5 Aberdeen
Sneddon 4
Archer

Loeffen was out injured but that was no excuse for the defensive display today which can be blamed on FOtheringham and Pierce being out. Other goalscorer Brett Archer plays his 300th Aberdeen game

Aberdeen 6-0 Motherwell
Essomba 2
Loeffen 3
Hugo

That's more like it. And to top it off a clean sheet for Daniel Monnard makes his 450th Aberdeen appearance.

Aberdeen 7-1 Dunfermline
Coulibaly
Coutts
Archer 3
Hugo 2

Archer scored a hattrick then went off injured. Will be pushing to be back for the Porto game.

League Cup Semi Final
Rangers 0-3 Aberdeen
Fotheringham
Essomba
Elias

A 1st half wonder show from our midfield brings us back for redemption of our only final defeat so far in last years League Cup

Scottish Cup 5th Round
Aberdeen 5-1 Hearts
Essomba
Sneddon
Elias
Grant
Butler

A convincing win with a goal conceded. A standard result most familiar with my 800 Game in charge of Aberdeen

League
View attachment 344843

European Football is secured for next season. Old Firm sides fall off the pace of Hearts & Kilmarnock. Motherwell hit bottom spot.

Player of the month
Armand Essomba
View attachment 344842

What a player he's turned out to be. A star performance through this month.

Love your story, keep it up :) Finding it peculiar we are at the same season. That kind of dominance can become a little boring at some point so I really have my fingers crossed the Premier League reconsider their stance on Scottish clubs and let you in.

Love your story, keep it up :) Finding it peculiar we are at the same season. That kind of dominance can become a little boring at some point so I really have my fingers crossed the Premier League reconsider their stance on Scottish clubs and let you in.

Yeah i just had a look at your story. Its looking awesome! cant wait to see how you get on with the toon army

This was the 1st season where the effect of dominating domestically had a downside. Once i dropped my 1st points in January there isnt much to aim for in the SPL. League is all but over and remaining unbeaten has been done. The 100% season is the only achievement left with Aberdeen that i can think of.

Isn't it possible to play a little bit with the database and get yourself in the Premiership? Spending several seasons in the lower levels would be pretty boring though so keeping it entirely realistic would have a major downside. I haven't tried swapping teams in different divisions and I guess it would need to be done with great attention to details to avoid breaking the save. Perhaps it's worth a shot to neglect being fateful to the game and manipulate it a little bit in the name of opening a new playing field.

Thanks for the feedback on my story, I can really do with it. Maintaining a thread would become tiresome and pointless if there is little or no interaction. Couldn't help but notice your bias towards Newcastle, mind if I ask why? :)

Isn't it possible to play a little bit with the database and get yourself in the Premiership? Spending several seasons in the lower levels would be pretty boring though so keeping it entirely realistic would have a major downside. I haven't tried swapping teams in different divisions and I guess it would need to be done with great attention to details to avoid breaking the save. Perhaps it's worth a shot to neglect being fateful to the game and manipulate it a little bit in the name of opening a new playing field.

Thanks for the feedback on my story, I can really do with it. Maintaining a thread would become tiresome and pointless if there is little or no interaction. Couldn't help but notice your bias towards Newcastle, mind if I ask why? :)

I am clueless with the database unfortunately so that probably isn't a option unless someone P'M me some very easy to follow instructions.

Sometimes threads can go quiet with replys but don't get disheartened if it does go quiet as lots of people start out as quiet readers. I myself read story for months before starting to reply

Newcastle biased is due to 3 reasons. 1 Im a Man Utd fan, 2 When my friends and i started getting into football as a kid back in 1995 most of my friends supported Newcastle who were our closest rivals at the time 3 Klippybo is a Newcastle fan who reignited my dislike for the club and he is a rather loud supporter of them.

Scotland

Squad
Only winger Craig Sibbald is missing

4 Nations Match 1
At Millenium Stadium
Scotland 4-1 Ireland
Coutts
Macari 2
Gauld

A great way to start of a defense of our title.

View attachment 344954

Talk about coincidence... Aberdeen the only Scottish club in Champions League group stage. Handed a tough group though. Look what I do for your lads and you relegated mine off the face of Earth!

Talk about coincidence... Aberdeen the only Scottish club in Champions League group stage. Handed a tough group though. Look what I do for your lads and you relegated mine off the face of Earth!

Where they deserve haha

February

Title secured against Dundee match 27
We've left ourselves in great shape for the Champions League
Were into the last 4 of the Scottish Cup
I really want Coleman sacked so Celtic can get back on trap.

Fixtures

Kilmarnock 1-3 Aberdeen
Elias
Glowacki
Loeffen

Kilmarnock would have been 2-0 up at half time if not for a disallowed goal

Aberdeen 7-1 Dundee
Elias 2
Juste
Loeffen 3
Archer

This victory secured the league title

Champions League Last 16 1st Leg
Aberdeen 2-0 Porto
Essomba
Elias

A Perfect result from the 1st leg A goal in each half and we kept a clean sheet to set it up well for the 2nd leg.

It was a great day for the 2nd place teams.

View attachment 345318

Aberdeen 4-0 Ross County
Loeffen 2
Svoboda
Sneddon

Were not taking our foot off the gas yet. Rested a few players who were knackered after the Porto game but still far too much for Ross County

Scottish Cup Q/F
Aberdeen 5-0 Airdrie
Hugo 4
Djordevic

Back up forward Hugo reminds us he exists. But will he stay through the summer with McCulloch returning from his loan?

League
View attachment 345319

So the title is in the bag already somehow. Any of the other top 6 can still claim 2nd place. I think this is the first time since the opening month that more than 2 teams have positive goal difference.

Player of the month
Elias
View attachment 345320

He hits 30 and his time at the club is running out but with performances like this i can't take him out of the team.

Its a shame when you are taking screenies of your players of the month and they dont have their selection info at the bottom of the page, you know what i mean?? Be cool to see the season stats as the season goes on!!

Just a thought.....

Its a shame when you are taking screenies of your players of the month and they dont have their selection info at the bottom of the page, you know what i mean?? Be cool to see the season stats as the season goes on!!

Just a thought.....

I used to do that but some wanted to see the player development chart so i changed it to that. I could look into putting team stats in quarterly from next season. You think that would be enough dude?

Back