STAND FREE WHEREVER YOU MAY BE - And you thought Celtic beating Barca was something!

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr_Grieves
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 405K

Scottish League Cup final 2026
View attachment 345321

Hibs Vs Aberdeen
View attachment 345322View attachment 345323

Team News

Hibs
On Loan Nailton is illegible to play against his team while striker Billy Sinclair & Midfielder Clark Fotheringham were injured

Aberdeen
Cup Keeper Vucic & Sudimek has been injured for ages while Sneddon misses his chance to win a 7th League Cup

The Match
View attachment 345324

FT - Hibs 0-1 Aberdeen
Coutts

For most of the game, probably helped by last year's horror show this felt like it was going to get away from us. Coutts came on for a injured Elias to score the only goal of the day and to win the cup.

Scotland

Squad
No changes as Sibbald still isn't fit.

Friendly
Scotland 2-1 Japan
Sneddon
Lindsay

View attachment 345546

Euro Qualifier Match 4
Ukraine 1-1 Scotland
Sneddon

Our hardest match of the group phase and perhaps i was a bit too cautious but had to play it safe to make sure we din loose as im confident we can give these boys a hiding at Hampden

Hungary are keeping up with us but i expect it will come down to the last Group game against Ukraine at Hampden

View attachment 345545

I used to do that but some wanted to see the player development chart so i changed it to that. I could look into putting team stats in quarterly from next season. You think that would be enough dude?

Aye sounds good, just nice to see some stats now and again, when you post Loeffen as your POTM i click on the pic expecting to see his Form and i don't lol i do it EVERY time even though i know it's not there!!

Aye sounds good, just nice to see some stats now and again, when you post Loeffen as your POTM i click on the pic expecting to see his Form and i don't lol i do it EVERY time even though i know it's not there!!

Yeah that must be annoying haha. Well you'll see them next season. If you dont see one in teh October review shout at me! I think October,January then end of seson.

March

Porto were eliminated in a comfortable fashion
Hopes of a unbeaten Season is ruined by International call ups at the Celtic game.
Bad news for the future as Soldan, Juste, Pierce, Elias & Sneddon all have no plans to coach in the future with only Sneddon interested in even managing.

Fixtures

Hibs 1-4 Aberdeen
Loeffen 2
Essomba
Elias

Aberdeen 4-1 St Johnstone
Archer
Loeffen 2
Elias

A win to celebrate my 900th game as a manager to get ready for the Porto game.

Champions League Last 16 2nd Leg
Porto 0-2 Aberdeen
Loeffen 2

AGG
Aberdeen 4-0 FC Porto

What a night! We performed wonders against the Portuguese champions to get back to the Quarter Final. Favorable draw PLEASE!!

No massive shocks in this stage.
View attachment 345599

Celtic 4-0 Aberdeen

Second season in a row were screwed over by Internationals. This was 4 days after the Scotland game so no idea why non of my players returned from international duty.

Rangers 1-3 Aberdeen
O'G
Loeffen 2

A small small level of redemption over the Old Firm after the tragedy of the Celtic games.

League
View attachment 345600

This was supposed to be a run to see how long we could remain for but were robbed of it by Internationals again. Top 5 still locked in a fight for 2nd. Motherwell are in big trouble at the bottom. Its now or never to save there season.

Player of the month
Derek Sneddon
View attachment 345601

He ran the show in Portugal setting up both Loeffen's goals and winning man of the match on the night and the month.

Poor Youth Intake
So nobody good so nobody stays. Especially glad with this potential disaster
View attachment 345602

Champions League
View attachment 345612

Quarter Final Draw
Ath Madrid Vs Aberdeen
View attachment 345613

We face off against a regular European opponent. We've drawn each other in each of the last 4 season. Here's our record over that time.

View attachment 345614

All signs are that it will be a very close 180 minutes.

Semi Finals
View attachment 345615

Arsenal OR Lyon

If we get past Athletico then there is a door open for us to reach the final with Lyon & Arsenal being the easiest potential tie.

April

A Night of Wonder at Donald Stadium against Madrid
Dons Waltz to another Scottish Cup Final against Rangers
Plenty to work out in the SPL

Fixtures

Aberdeen 3-0 Dundee Utd
Coutts 2
Loeffen

Back up team with Loeffen there to try top up his strike rate.

Champions League Quarter Final 1st Leg
Ath Madrid 4-1 Aberdeen
Loeffen

It's a long way back from here. We'll need to keep a clean sheet while scoring 3 to get us through.

Scottish Cup Semi Final
Aberdeen 5-1 St Johnstone
Glowacki
Fotheringham
Essomba
Durmaz
Loeffen

We've reached the Scottish Cup final. Hopefully this can wind the team up for the Madrid game. Rangers again in the Final.

Champions League Quarter Final 2nd Leg
Aberdeen 3-0 Ath Madrid
Coutts 2
Fotheringham

AGG Aberdeen 4-4 Ath Madrid - Aberdeen win on away goals

I'm stunned. Coutts got into the starting 11 because of a injury to Pierce and he's possibly got a place in the starting 11 after driving us to the semi finals once again.

Outside our game all the favorites went through.
View attachment 345943

Hearts 0-2 Aberdeen
Loeffen
Essomba

Team returns from a heavy night against Madrid and will get a rest till the 2nd leg

Aberdeen 1-2 Celtic
Hugo

A very weak Dons side were comfortably beaten by Celtic who take the advantage in the race for 2nd

Champions League Semi Final 1st Leg
Arsenal 0-1 Aberdeen
Hugo

The moment in the 1st half that Loeffen went off injured i thought any chance to get a result was gone but Hugo's penalty has banged home Aberdeen partied like it was 1999!

View attachment 345944

League
View attachment 345945

Celtic Looks to have taken 2nd place while anyone can guess who'll take 3rd. At the bottom 4 teams are split by 3 points.

Player of the month
Gavin Coutts
View attachment 345946

The boy became a man in against Madrid and secured a place in my squad long term with these performances.

May

Outplay Arsenal to reach the Champions League Final!
End our league season with a epic clash with Rangers
Celtic secure Champions League football, Dunfermline go down.
Alan Pardew celebratea awful season with Motherwell by retiring from Management. James Tomkins takes over in his 1st Managerial role.
Taras Stepanenko on the other hand is the new manager of Tottenham. EH!

Fixtures

Dundee 0-3 Aberdeen
Glowacki
Hugo
Sneddon

Champions League Semi Final 2nd Leg
Aberdeen 2-1 Arsenal
Coutts
Archer

AGG - Aberdeen 3-1 Arsenal

What a result! We totally deserved the second leg win. Arsenal managed no shots on target and only took a 1st half lead with an O'G from Chris Pierce. The 2nd half saw us get our just deserts with a place in the FINAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And joining us in France for final is Man City hoping to win the title for the 4th year in a row

View attachment 345958

Sneddon to miss Champions League final
Derek Sneddon suffered a hernia and will miss the last 4 weeks of the season.

Aberdeen 3-1 Kilmarnock
Loeffen
Butler
Glowacki

We came flying out of the blocks with 3 quick goals still on a high from beating Arsenal. Elias plays his 425 game for Aberdeen

Aberdeen 8-3 Rangers
Loeffen 5
Sudimak
Archer
Hugo

Match of the season. You'll get to read about it soon!

Final League Table
View attachment 345959

A bit of luck against Athletico, you'll certainly look back to that game if you win the thing :) That game saw you get more fans for sure.

Scottish Cup Final 2027
View attachment 346070

Aberdeen Vs Rangers
View attachment 346071View attachment 346072

A repeat of the 2025 final. Rangers will be praying to avoid a repeat of the 9-1 win Aberdeen pulled off on that day

Team News

Aberdeen
Excuse me USA but Why have you called up Chris Pierce for a friendly against Jamaica. He wont be back for the Champions League Final either. Also at the back Fotheringham got a knock so he starts on the bench but will get some match time to prepare for next weeks final and of course Sneddon is still injured

Rangers
Regular Center Back, former Don Jay Fulton are missing for Rangers.

Match
View attachment 346073

FT - Aberdeen 4-2 Rangers

Domestic season ends with Donalds 6th Domestic treble

Aberdeen lift the Scottish cup for the 17th time and complete there 6th treble in the past decade. "Domestically our seasons was so close to perfect. Two defeats to Celtic is sicking but there's always next season. For now were 100% focused on the Champions League final. There will be no celebrations from the Club or players, many of whom are now in the 30's and know games like this wont come round too often.

Champions League Final 2027
View attachment 346122

At Stade Velodrome
View attachment 346123

Man City Vs Aberdeen
View attachment 346124View attachment 346125

Since our 1st Champions League win in 2020 only 2 other teams have shared the Champions League trophy with Real Madrid twice and Man City the last 3 and looking to be the 1st team since the great Real Madrid team of the 1950's

Teams
View attachment 346126

Man City
Defender Teddy Rodriguez and Midfielder Karl Buckle both just fail to get fit for the final. Man City will mostly rely on top scorer Daniel Lacey and the top rated player in the world screen Right Back Roel Koopman. Also in the City midfield is Armand Fokou the midfielder i was willing to pay £90k a week and destroy the wage structure. The £140k offer from the European champs may have persuaded him.

Aberdeen
International Fate has been cruel to us but this time its mostly my fault. 1st my mistake was calling up Gavin Coutts totally missed him out when i removed Fotheringham and considered what to do with Sneddon. Elias will get his spot so not a disaster. Also accidentally called up was Stephen Grant but he would have been luck to have made the bench. Chris Pierce was away with America which was my 1st major loss to the midfield followed by Armand Essomba who is banned. Luck for me Soldan is back and fit enough to start unlike Sneddon who isn't even close

-- The Match --
Man City 0-1 Aberdeen - AET
Elias 109

View attachment 346127

What a result and like the Arsenal match we totally deserved this. On the attack we played better than ever before while our defense gave Monnard one of his easiest games by blocking anything Man City tried to break the deadlock.

View attachment 346128
Donald smashes critics after match
On a wet and Windy day that both Mancunians & Aberdonians are both very familiar with saw Aberdeen deservedly end Man City's runs of European title's "Man City have more possession but if you look at the stats 1 stands out to me -- Clear Cut chances Man City 0-5 Aberdeen -- I don't think anyone can say were a defensively minded team after going after the undisputed top team in Europe like this. Another criticism I've herd of our team is how were a 1 man team. Loeffen is the key to Aberdeen you stop him you stop us? Well he has only scored 1 goal since the last 16 so NOBODY can crises my team's quality"

How dare you! It's like... like... Bayern grabbing a winner with 2 minutes to extra time :(

2026/27 Season Review

SPL - Winner
Scottish Cup - Winner
League Cup - Winner
Champions League - Winner

Season Stats
View attachment 347051

Final team talk
"What a season. Our first 6 months of the season domestically was the best ever. And even better was the last 6 months domestic dominance and taking down Man City. All you boys that have been with me since the 1st Champions League win that are in your 30's now . Your career's will go down in history anything on top of this is just a bonus"

SPL
View attachment 347052View attachment 347054View attachment 347053

We do what the Old Firm couldn't and make it 10 titles in a row. Had it not been for the International Squad taking all my players away im very confident we would have had a unbeaten season as i wouldn't have rested my full squad for the 2nd Celtic defeat.

So thanks to victory's over the Dons Celtic return to the Champions League with Hearts, Rangers, Kilmarnock & Dundee entering the Europa League

Dunfermline go right back down to Division 1 without my help while Queen of the South join the SPL beating Livingston & Falkirk by 1 point.

Scottish Cup Final
Aberdeen 4-2 Rangers
View attachment 347055

We beat Rangers comfortably in the final but Celtic were the shocks. Just beat Turiff Utd 1-0 in the 4th round then went out to Dundee Utd in the last 16

Scottish League Cup Final
Hibs 0-1 Aberdeen
View attachment 347056

We had to beat both the Old Firm teams to reach the final where we weren't at our best but just did enough to retain the Cup

2026/2027 Awards

Footballer of the year
Mark Loeffen - Ave 8.56
View attachment 347057

My Dutch hero had his best ever season

Top Scorer
Mark Loeffen - 33 Games 56 Goals
View attachment 347058

Loeffen falls 1 short of his record haul. If only he'd played more games!

Young Player of the year
Gavin Coutts - Ave 7.54
View attachment 347059

Scots player had a decent season in the league but became a man in Europe

Team Of the year

A record 10 players make the team of the year
View attachment 347060

Darran Donalds player of the season
Adama Coulibaly
View attachment 347061

Chelsea let this guy go for free as a kid! Wow well he's almost certain to start ahead of Pierce next season

Manager of the year
Darran Donald
View attachment 347062

Match of the season
15th May 2027
Aberdeen 8-3 Rangers
View attachment 347063

Both sides seemed determined to end a season with as many goals as possible. Rangers had the lead from kick off but Loeffen and his 5 goals made the different

Signing of the season
Denis Jovic
View attachment 347064

Not a shock really. He got the most chances and took them in his 1st season at the club.

European Cups

Champions League Final
Man City 0-1 Aberdeen - AET

As we beat Athletico Madrid all the big teams were taking each other out we ended up with the final we needed to prove our legacy

View attachment 347068

Europa League
Man Utd 2-1 Dortmund

YAY! This was a dream season in Europe and im already looking forward to Super Cup in August

View attachment 347069

Dons Finances - May 29th 2027

Income
Match day income = £6.9m +£1m
All Tickets = £41.3m +£9.6m
Players Out = £21m +£13m

Total = £146m +£40m

Expenditure
Player Wages = £39.7m +200k
Total Bonuses = £17.3m +£5.6m
Staff Wages = £8.2m +300k
Player Transfers = £2m -£1m
Ground Maintenance = £5.4m -£200k

Total = £138m +£3.6m

Weekly Wages Currently £864.689 Up £80k a week

---Final Balance ---
£38.2m +£9.7m

A massive increase in income. £10m from tickets £10m from player sales and all the prize money from our 4 trophy's. Sponsorships are up about £500k too. Some top players will be taking a wage cut, and the cull in backroom staff should see wages drop down rather than go up. Far too high just now.

Stadium set to grow to 47,000 seats too for next season. Didn't even ask the board this time so that's some more income to help our profit margins from Christmas time onwards.

Scots in Europe
Celtic - Europa League Last 16
Rangers - Europa League Last 16
Hearts - Europa League Group phase 3rd place.
Kilmarnock - Europa League Group phase 4th place.
St Johnstone - Europa League final play-off

All teams put in an acceptable improvement with there European runs. Old Firm to go a step further next season.

League rankings
View attachment 347071

SPL Still ranked 10th with no improvement from last season.

Euro Coefficients
View attachment 347072

Were still in 9th place but following Scotlands best ever season were ranked 6th for the 26/27 season.

I think our clubs need to target over 10,000 points for a season to overcome Russia & Holland

Euro Club ranking
View attachment 347073

Aberdeen fly up the table

Other European Leagues

England
View attachment 347074

Arsenal just Hold of the Manchester teams to retain there title.

Germany
View attachment 347075

Leverkusen back on top in Germany with Bayern right on there tale

Italy
View attachment 347076

Inter Milan firmly show they are the kings of Italy now with a comfortable league win and a Champions League Semi final run

Spain
View attachment 347077

Barcelona are back! With there 1st league title in 6 seasons.

Going into the summer
Well first I'll have to calm down from the final. Will have my usual look through the squads and see if anyone in the youth team is ready to step up for the 1st team and if any of the players will end there time at Aberdeen as Champions League winners

Back