STAND FREE WHEREVER YOU MAY BE - And you thought Celtic beating Barca was something!

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr_Grieves
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 405K

Scotland
4 Nations in Wales

Squad
Craig Sibbald is back but Chris Gauld is out injured while Liam Fotheringham is away at the Champions League Final. I Call up Sneddon who wont make the Champions League final but could apparently be fit for the last 4 Nations match

Four Nations Tournament Match 2
Wales 1-2 Scotland
Edwards
O'G

Wales almost came back at the end but victory means we only have to draw with N Ireland to win the competition. Jack Grimmer wins his 120th cap, Fraser Hamilton & Gregg Clark merely there 30th

Four Nations Tournament Match 3
Scotland 5-0 N Ireland
O'G
Macari 3
Lindsay

A nice way to celebrate my 2nd trophy for the Scottish team. Coutts won his 25th Cap

Final Team
View attachment 347397

Euro Qualifier Match 5
Luxembourg 0-5 Scotland
Clark
Coutts 2
Macari
McCulloch

A 5 goal margin. Yeah I'll live with that.

On the Plus side Ukraine drew at home to Hungary to leave us clear at the top.
View attachment 347398

Euro Qualifier Match 6
Hungary 0-4 Scotland
O'G
Macari 2
Coutts

Hungary may have been getting hopes up for a push at Automatic qualifying. Stuart Lindsay won his 100th Cap and youngster Martin McCulloch his 25th

View attachment 347399

Post Season

Contracts

Brett Archer & Pierce extends there contract by a year till 2029

The man who won me the champions league Elias & Young Forwards Mertan Durmaz & Willie Hunter 2030

Scotsman Gavin Coutts will stay till 2032

Transfers
View attachment 347443

Out

Dom Novoselic - St Johnstone
players much younger than him were out performing and playing better than him so he's off so they can get more action.

Petr Jerabek & Francisco Rodriguez - Hearts

Keigan Hegarty - Dundee Utd

All these loan players were out of contract next summer so i sold them now to get some money for them. Hopfully they will all make a difference for there new teams.

Lluis Juste - Hibs

On my side he didnt want to be a coach and on his side he Wasnt getting the games wanted to leave so i let him go which suits both of us.

Porto Policy at Pittodrie
View attachment 347463

After a 3rd Champions League title Aberdeen chairman has announced his plans for the future of the club

Lee Burns

"Porto’s model is clear, they need to constantly find, develop and produce top class players who can produce profit and at the same time keep them competing on all fronts. They have had some bad deals, like the sales of Luis Fabiano and Diego for £2.5million and £5million respectively. That is to be expected, it would be impossible to perfect every single deal. Porto’s model has proved extremely successful but it heavily relies on its scouting system and its own youth system in order to make a profit. One day it is very possible it will come unstuck but the club’s record between 2002 and 2012 speaks for itself. The fact it has sales of £400million on players and 24 trophies is a truly incredible record for a club with the most unique model in the history of the sport. This is what we are looking to do with Aberdeen Darran has been against the plans so far but im sure he will be encouraged to build on his and the clubs legacy. We have provided top youth facility's and have spent huge sums of money on scouting over the last 2 years which is one of the strongest scouting teams in the world so i now want to see transfer deals which match the Porto policy"

From the Managers Desk
View attachment 347464

"No i don't feel im being pushed out with Mr. Burns idea's of implementing a Porto Policy for our club but i have a contract and that contract gives me full power over the squad and a percentage of the clubs bank balance for my transfer budget so while im under this contract i don't see many changes happening soon in the squad or the managers office. I love the club and there are players who love it and have worked just as hard and just as long to get us where we are today and to me loyalty speaks louder than profits. Hopefully the club will remember this when it comes to renewing my contract but if not life goes on. There will be Aberdeen after me and i will go on after Aberdeen"

Season preview 2027/28
100% Dandy

Targets
League - Winner
Scottish Cup - Winner
Scottish League Cup - Winner
Champions league - Semi Finals

Summer news
Celtic change managers but the reason for which shocks me more than Football Manager ever has!
Celtic buy cheep and sell high in there most profitable summer ever.
Arsenal & Athletico Madrid spend huge amounts after we put them out of the Champions League

Manager Changes
John Van Den Brom - Chelsea, Steklennburg sacked
Torben Joneleit - PSG, Replaced Van Den Brom
Steve Mandanda - Lyon, Replaced Torben Joneleit
Steven Pienaar - Queens Park
Sokratis Papastathopoulos - Valencia, Deschamps sacked
Maarten Stekelenburg - Sporting, Replaced Papastathopoulos
Bob Harris - Alloa, Grady sacked
Jamie Murphy - Dunfermline
Steven Gerrard - Man City, Aykut Kocaman retired
Chris Coleman - Arsenal, Replaced Gerrard
Brendan Rodgers - Celtic, Replaced Coleman
Radja Nainggoian - Ath Madrid, Donadoni retired
David De Gea - Porto, Replaced Nainggolan
Matt Jarvis - Liverpool, Somehow promoted from Ross County

Transfers

Top June and July Transfers
Tottenham busy selling, Man City busy buying

View attachment 348195View attachment 348198

Top SPL Transfers
View attachment 348199

First team 2027
Provisional
View attachment 348200

This is not settled at all yet.

Pre Season

Friendly's
Short pre season with the SPL kick of in mid July

Vannes OC 1-2 Aberdeen

Aberdeen 0-1 Bordeaux

Aberdeen 3-1 Internacional

RKC 0-6 Aberdeen

Heracles 0-4 Aberdeen

LeMans FC 1-2 Aberdeen

Aberdeen Transfers
View attachment 348330

Almost nothing has happened since me and the club were at war over the future of the club.

Summer news
Celtic change managers but the reason for which shocks me more than Football Manager ever has!
Celtic buy cheep and sell high in there most profitable summer ever.
Arsenal & Athletico Madrid spend huge amounts after we put them out of the Champions League

Can you explain your Celtic comment dude?? I tried to work it out from your Manager changes but i couldn't!!

What was so shocking??

Can you explain your Celtic comment dude?? I tried to work it out from your Manager changes but i couldn't!!

What was so shocking??

Chris Coleman did nothing in his 1 season at Celtic after doing nothing spectacular at Hearts but get a job with the Premiership champions Arsenal!

Chris Coleman did nothing in his 1 season at Celtic after doing nothing spectacular at Hearts but get a job with the Premiership champions Arsenal!

Ahhh i see!! That does seem a bit unusual!!

I think the Matt Jarvis one to Liverpool is more shocking!!!

Ahhh i see!! That does seem a bit unusual!!

I think the Matt Jarvis one to Liverpool is more shocking!!!

That is beyond shocking. Sacked by Dundee Utd only last season now in charge of Liverpool

Well that is true mate, have you ever been offered another job in the save??

Never! Not been offered squat. Even the Scotland job i had to live through Craig Levein, Steve Clarke, Danny Lennon & Roy Keane before i finally got a shot at the job in 2020.

August

Were only 2nd in the table

Fixtures

Hearts 3-6 Aberdeen
Sneddon
Archer
Essomba
Loeffen 2
Durmaz

Good start for the attack but bad for the defense

Aberdeen 1-1 Dundee
Loeffen

Ouch. We have not come of Pre-Season flying.

Dundee Utd 1-6 Aberdeen
Essomba
Loeffen
Coutts 4

Any competition from the new firm derby was ended by Coutts

Rangers 0-3 Aberdeen
Essomba
Coutts
Loeffen

Loeffen played and scored on his 400th game for Aberdeen

Scottish League Cup 2nd round
Albion 0-8 Aberdeen
Elias 2
Hugo 3
Lupson
Sudimak
O'G

No idea why were entered to the 2nd round but never mind.

League
View attachment 348382

Celtic lead us on goal difference. Must be the 1st time in about 12 season this has happened in the league.

Player of the month
Gavin Coutts
View attachment 348383

I've made him a starting midfielder and he's made an astonishing start.

Scotland

Squad
One of my keepers retired so i call up youngster Paul Shepherd. I add Lee Hodge to the squad to add a more defensive side for the team.

Scotland 7-0 Liechtenstein
Sibbald 3
Sneddon
Robertson 2
Macari

Team ran to a walkover in my 100th game in charge.

View attachment 348384

European Super Cup 2027
View attachment 348400

At The Geledrome
View attachment 348401

Aberdeen Vs Man Utd
View attachment 348402View attachment 348403

Team News
View attachment 348404

Aberdeen
Chris Pierce is out injured while team leader Mark Loeffen is banned after picking up a booking in the Champions League final

Man Utd
£23m summer signing Jernej Kolman & £12m signing Davide Caseiro are both out injured as main midfielder James Ward-Prowse is banned to even things up.

The Match
View attachment 348405

FT - Aberdeen 3-1 Man Utd
Archer
Essomba 2

A dominating win over United to secure our 2nd Super Cup win but as it would transpire it would be the end of a era at Pittodrie

View attachment 348420

Aberdeen Announce Press Conference for Mid Day Thursday

View attachment 348421

Darran Donald is reportedly set to announce his resignation as manager of Aberdeen according to the Scottish Mail After his startling press conference at the Geledrome this evening suggests the club & manager's relationship has reached an all time low over the clubs transfer plans.

?? View attachment 348422??

Rumors of the 40 year old’s immediate departure from his Aberdeen post have spread like wildfire over twitter following the announcement from Aberdeen this Evening and the European champions will not deny or confirm any rumors during the mounting speculation.

Back