STAND FREE WHEREVER YOU MAY BE - And you thought Celtic beating Barca was something!

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr_Grieves
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 405K

January

1st League defeat of the season
Celtic were the team of the month. Thrashing QOTS & beating Rangers 4-3 at Ibrox
Stadium upgrade complete 47547 seats now available

Fixtures

Ross County 2-3 Aberdeen
Glowacki
Coutts
McCulloch

Jeez. Ross County pushed us today for the 3 points. They too the lead then never let us get more than a goal away

Aberdeen 5-0 Rangers
Loeffen 2
Essomba 2
Soldan

Another great thrashing of our least favorite rivals. Glowacki got injured and is out till February. hopefully he'll be back for the Champions League last 16

Aberdeen 4-0 Queen Of The South
Coulibaly 2
Coutts
McCulloch

A heep of youngsters got a run out today and played there part in a convincing win

St Johnstone 0-3 Aberdeen
Loeffen
Durmaz
O'G

Hibs 0-4 Aberdeen
Durmaz
Sneddon
Sudimak
Coulibaly

Hearts 0-1 Aberdeen
Coutts

The result of the day was at Parkhead where Celtic put 9 passed QOTS

Dundee Utd 1-0 Aberdeen

It was the strongest side i put out through the whole of January against one of the worst league teams.

League
View attachment 351412
Defeat in Dundee Ends our unbeaten season. Frustrated but not as gutted as past years.

Player of the month
Adama Coulibaly
View attachment 351413

Added goals to his game making a prolific start to the new year.

January Transfer Window
View attachment 351439

World Transfers

Pretty modest window
View attachment 351440

Scottish Transfers
Usual SPL clear out in January
View attachment 351441

Meanwhile at Donald Stadium

The familiar one sold one released

Toru Kanakubo - Auxerre £500k

I really wanted him to stay but he wouldn't sign a new deal so i let him go for the pennies i got for him. Threw in a 25% of a future fee since the French will probably get heaps for him. I released Karl Barrett who i couldn't ever find a a club for 2 years and nobody placed a bid even for a free transfer. So when i let him go for free and 2 days later he's at Crystal Palace

February

League form returns to normal
Almost beat Madrid in Madrid
Get revenge over Dundee Utd in the cup then draw Celtic
First match in our upgraded stadium seen us break our all time attendance record by 250 seats. We'll see this happen a gain through this season i imagine

Fixtures

Aberdeen 3-0 Dundee
Coutts 2
Fotheringham

The middle of our 3 games with Dundee teams. Cup game must go better than League

Scottish Cup 5th Round
Dundee Utd 0-5 Aberdeen
Coutts 2
McCulloch
Loeffen 2

Revenge is dish best served with goals!

Aberdeen 4-0 Celtic
Essomba 3
Glowacki

Loeffen lost his mind and got booked twice in the first half hour but when he got his marching orders a unusual goalscorer grabbed a hattrick

Champions League Last 16 1st Leg
Ath Madrid 1-1 Aberdeen
Hugo

Dang it. ****** Athletico scored a 90th minute equalizer. We hold the edge going into the second leg but still i think we'll have to win. Just to top it off Loeffen and Coulibaly are out injured for 2-3 weeks

View attachment 351549

Rangers 1-3 Aberdeen
Jovic
Sudimak
Durmaz

Our team was done after the Madrid game but youth players have played there part to defeat our rubbish rivals

Aberdeen 5-0 Motherwell
Coutts 4
Glowacki

Coutts was some how over looked through the past few seasons.

League
View attachment 351550

We got back to normal in February and the league will be won soon. Celtic & Killie continue over 2nd while Queen of the South start to get lost at the bottom

Player of the month
Gavin Coutts
View attachment 351551

As the stats bellow will show the man has take the Elias position and done so much more.

Player Stats so far
View attachment 351552

March

Beat Athletico in Champions League
11th SPL title in a row is 1 win away
Dundee are thrashed in the League Cup final and sack Malky Makay. Replace him with Ian McCall
Alex Butler injured in training, Out for the rest of the season.

Fixtures

Scottish Cup Q/F
Celtic 2-3 Aberdeen
O'G
Coutts
Soldan

Celtic were pushing us to the limit but Soldan came off the bench to score a late winner. St Johnstone await again.

Champions League Last 16 2nd Leg
Aberdeen 3-1 Ath Madrid
Glowacki
Loeffen
O'G

AGG - Aberdeen 4-2 Ath Madrid

Haha! We got our revenge. It hit 90 minutes and we were 2-1 up when we caught Athletico on the counter attack where we forced in a stoppage time goal to break there hearts this time.

Barcelona go out to Benfica & Real Madrid to Arsenal while the other 3 English teams make huge comebacks

View attachment 351639

Aberdeen 3-1 Ross County
McCulloch 3

A very poor performance. We were never ahead till the 76th minute

Kilmarnock 1-3 Aberdeen
Loeffen
Coutts 2

Queen Of The South 1-3 Aberdeen
O'G
Durmaz
Grant

Played a whole back up team to be in top shape for the next match with Man City

League
View attachment 351640

One more win should secure the title. QOTS Look down and it doesn't look like there will be much change in the middle.

Player of the month
Grzegorz Glowacki
View attachment 351641

Had injury's through the season but showed sign of recovery through March. Just in time for the latter stages of the champions league.

Youth intake
Only one player

Wayne Shearer 2/5*
View attachment 351643

Champions League
View attachment 351711

Benfica are the stand out weakest team at this stage

Quarter Final Draw
Aberdeen VS Man City

Were in the tie of the round. Both sides have won 3 champions leagues each in the last 8 seasons so whoever comes out of here will be the favorites to win the whole thing in my view.

Elsewhere we have the Portuguese teams facing each other and a Man Utd - Liverpool Derby
View attachment 351712

Semi Finals
Aberdeen/Man City VS Man Utd/Liverpool

It would be a dream to draw the winners of the Portuguese match

View attachment 351713

I don't fancy our chances of reaching the Semi Finals but the route to the final will not take us far from home.

April

We through Man City out of the Champions League
Then Liverpool end the Dream of another title
We stumble past St Johnstone and will play Hearts in the Scottish Cup Final

Fixtures

Champions League S/F 1st Leg
Aberdeen 2-0 Man City
Coutts
Coulibaly

Some how we only won 2-0. Loeffen missed chance after chance after chance to put the game beyond Man City but we'll have to settle for the 2 goal advantage and a clean sheet for the 2nd leg

Bayern and Porto have the advantage while United and Liverpool are at deadlock worryingly

View attachment 351834

Aberdeen 1-2 Hibs
McCulloch

Worst kind of way to win the league

Champions League S/F 2nd leg
Man City 1-1 Aberdeen
Sudimak

AGG
Aberdeen 3-1 Man City

This was a special one! We were the only side to travel for the 2nd leg and progress to the semi finals. Man City had the lead but once Aberdeen equalised the tie was over. Man City's heads dropped and they had no further response.

Liverpool await in the final 4

View attachment 351835

Aberdeen 5-1 St Johnstone
Sneddon
Loeffen 3
Glowacki

Loeffen got back into his scoring boots for our last regular season game.

Scottish Cup S/F
Aberdeen 1-2 St Johnstone
Glowacki
Loeffen

Was not a tidy display at Hampden. We sneaked through thanks to a Loeffen goal but out league form is suffering away from Europe. Hearts await in the final. Sneddon & Soldan both injured and out of the Champions League Semi

Champions League S/F 1st Leg
Aberdeen 1-0 Liverpool
Hugo

Both sides canceled each other out and it had 0-0 draw written all over it until in the 91st minute Liverpool gave away a penalty. Hugo standing in for the suspended Loeffen struck home the only goal of the night right at the death.

Next 3 games are in 5 days. Ooft!

Aberdeen 2-0 Celtic
Svoboda
Carrol

Not bad for half the players coming form the youth team

Hibs 2-3 Aberdeen
Hugo
McCulloch 2

This was a epic fightback. Possibly the weakest Aberdeen team i've put out, aside from international clashes and they had to fight from 2-0 down to get a unforgettable victory 2 nights before the Liverpool Semi final

Champions League S/F 2nd Leg
Liverpool 3-1 Aberdeen
Loeffen

AGG
Liverpool 3-2 Aberdeen

We were 2-0 up on aggregate and had the away goal. Loosing this tie is unforgivable. Coutts, Essomba & Loeffen all miss the next few games with injury's.

They set up an final with Bayern.

View attachment 351836

Hearts 2-4 Aberdeen
Jovic
Sudimak
Glowacki
McCulloch

League
View attachment 351837

Kilmarnock catch Celtic to make a battle for 2nd but they may just be too late. Hearts Hibs & Rangers to battle over 4th. QOTS went right back down at the bottom.

Player of the month
Grzegorz Glowacki
View attachment 351838

The Winger led the teams attack through the Champions League

May

Fixtures

Aberdeen 3-0 Kilmarnock
McCulloch 2
Glowacki

Aberdeen 3-1 Rangers
Luys
McCulloch
Glowacki

A nice end to the year with two good victorys featuring several youth players

Final League
View attachment 351937

Scottish Cup Final 2028
View attachment 351965

Hearts V Aberdeen
View attachment 351966View attachment 351967

Our first meeting in a final. Hearts have lost there last 2 finals against Celtic & Hibs. We plan to make it a hattrick

Team News

Hearts
Team of the year player Stuart Coleman is banned for the final while every other player is available.

Aberdeen
Injury's Everywhere. My two top scorers Loeffen & Coutts are missing as well as Captain Alex Butler & youngster Denis Jovic

Match
View attachment 351968

FT - Hearts 1-4 Aberdeen
Soldan 2
McCulloch
Glowacki

We raced into a 4-0 lead at half time and with the match over we took it easy to ensure i didn't loose any of my Scottish players for the Euro's

2027/28 Season Review

SPL - Winner
Scottish Cup - Winner
League Cup - Quarter Final
Champions League - Semi Final
European Super Cup - Winner
World Club Cup - Winner

Season Stats
View attachment 352008

Final team talk
"Unlucky season guys. Great success domestically aside from the League Cup our achievements were acceptable and in Europe we were unlucky against Liverpool but still picked up the two Super Cups"

SPL
View attachment 352009View attachment 352010View attachment 352011

We got another title in the usual fashion. Celtic ended up relying on goal difference to stay ahead of Kilmarnock while Rangers end up behind the Edinburgh teams.

Queen of the South had been bottom of the table since around Christmas and have been favorites for relegation all season.

A Very close finish in Division 1 with Livingston coming up by 4 goals after finishing level on points with Raith Rovers

Scottish Cup Final
Hearts 1-4 Aberdeen

Hearts & ourselves knocked out the old firm. Stirling were the over achievers for this season.

View attachment 352012

Scottish League Cup Final
Dundee 1-4 Hibs

Stirling were not my favorite cup Side this season as Hibs thrashed Malkey Mackay out of a job

View attachment 352013

2027/2028 Awards

Footballer of the year
Gavin Coutts - Ave 7.98
View attachment 352014

This season he hit a goal a game from midfield. Amazing record what a break through season.

Top Scorer
Bardi Golriz - 34 Games 30 Goals
View attachment 352015

Loeffen had injury's and was not at his best through this season ending his 8 season run as top scorer

Young Player of the year
Sami Amri - Ave 7.59
View attachment 352016

Could he kick on like My two Centerbacks and Gavin Coutts did after winning this award

Team Of the year
View attachment 352019

Back down to 9 players this season. Lack of a consistent Right back and Golriz's goals made the difference

Darran Donalds player of the season
Grzegorz Glowacki
View attachment 352020

After loosing Archer The Polish winger took over the position with some top performances and carried the team through some tricky games

Manager of the year
Darran Donald
View attachment 352021

Match of the season
24th April 2028
Hibs 2-3 Aberdeen
View attachment 352022

Not a single outfield player in the squad would have played so when we found ourselves 2-0 down and going into the last 20 minutes it needed a effort of champions to save a result.

Signing of the season
Stef Luys
View attachment 352023

Not done much but for a 15 year old its a very solid start.

European Cups

Champions League Final
Liverpool 1-0 Bayern Munich - AET

View attachment 352027

As awful as it is to see Liverpool win the European cup after beating Man Utd & Aberdeen i guess it looks better on us loosing to the winners.

Europa League
Chelsea 1-0 Metalist

View attachment 352028

The weakest Quarter Finals and onwards I've ever seen.

Dons Finances - May 27th 2028

Income
Match day income = £6.6m -£300k
All Tickets = £39.6m - £1.7m
Players Out = £21m +£13m £49.4m +£28m

Total = £176m +£30m

Expenditure
Player Wages = £35.3m -£4.4m
Total Bonuses = £12.6m -£4.7m
Staff Wages = £8.8m +£600k
Player Transfers = £1.1m -£900k
Ground Maintenance = £27.6m +£22.2m

Total = £157m +£19m

Weekly Wages Currently £864.789 Almost identical to last season

---Final Balance ---
£49.1m +£10.9m

Less money from tickets since we lost half a stand for the first half a season i think so next season will see a big increase in tickets.

Finally managed to crunch the players wages after season of overspending and the huge increase in expenditure was mostly down to improving training & youth facility's as well as stadium work so that should also drop significantly next season.

Scots in Europe
Celtic - Europa League Last 32
Hearts - Europa League Last 32
Kilmarnock - Europa League Last 32
Rangers - Europa League Group Phase
Hibs - Europa League Second Qualifying round

Celtic lost to the runner up's while Hearts & Kilmarnock move on a level. Rangers fall back but did have a tough group.

League rankings

View attachment 352037

SPL drop to 11th with the Ukrainian sides success in the Europa League

Euro Coefficients

View attachment 352038

Scotland have jumped up to 7th over Russia & Holland. Were just 1 place away from getting a extra champions place.

Euro Club ranking

View attachment 352039

Aberdeen fly up the table again to an amazing 3rd place and will likely go up again Next season if we have a decent showing in Europe.

Other European Leagues

England
View attachment 352041

Man City make up for Champions League disappointment by winning the League. Newcastle relegated

Germany
View attachment 352042

Bayern Munich have the German title to make up for loosing the Champions League Final

Italy
View attachment 352043

Juventus win the title after Inter's hattrick of titles.

Spain
View attachment 352044

Barcelona comfortably win as the Madrid sides let there fans down.

Going into the summer
Were not going to sell too many players as i want to keep the team together and as the core of my team age Sneddon 31, Butler 34, Soldan 34 i need to get the balance right of youth coming through and keeping my best players of the moment.

Scotland Euro's Squad

Final 23 Man Squad

Goalkeepers - Caps/Goals
GK Craig Crawford - 111
GK Craig Reid - 30
GK Paul Shepherd - 0

Defenders
DR Jack Grimmer - 135/2
DL Stephen Grant - 46/1
DL Stephen Hendrie - 95/1
DC Liam Fotheringham - 85/2
DC Fraser Hamilton - 40/3
DC Eddie McKeown - 3/0
DC Arran Parker - 21/1

Midfielders
MC Stuart Lindsay - 112/12
MC Lee Hodge - 4/0
MC Gregg Elrick - 15/1
MC Gregg Clark - 40/5
MC Mark Fotheringham - 27/6
MC Gavin Coutts - 34/10
MR Derek Sneddon - 119/55
ML Craig Sibbald - 116/27
ML Chris Gauld - 35/8

Forwards
AT Steven Macari - 74/43
AT Martin McCulloch - 37/6
AT Ross Robertson - 24/6
AT Kyle Watson - 13/1

By far my most experienced squad. We have 5 players over 100 caps and 3 of them will be back after the Euro's. 3 Players almost certainly playing there last competition Sibbald, Grimmer & Hendrie all look to be having there last tournament.

Warm Up Friendly

Scotland 4-0 Romania

Scotland 1-1 Ukraine

Ireland 0-7 Scotland
Big Result but the biggest achievement was by Jack Grimmer becoming the nation's record cap winner 133 and counting

Wales 2-0 Scotland

England 3-0 Scotland

A Very worrying end to our warm up games after starting strong the Wales game was a huge mess and England soundly beat us.

Post season

Summer News
Club & Country Assistant managers Steve Clark & Eric Black to retire at the end of the season
No offers for star 1st team players.

Contracts

Soldan despite his old age signs a new 2 year deal.

Carrera & Sudimak signs on for 3 more years.

Youngsters Martin McCulloch signs a 3 year deal while Dennis Jovic, Ross Carrol sign 4 year deals.

Worryingly Mark Loeffen & Hugo yet to agree new deals. as well as Youngsters Rhulani Mabena, Winger Alex Desmond & Nailton are yet to sign a deal.

5/6/2028
Transfer Window opens
View attachment 352340

Out

I've sold 3 of my Loan players to other SPL team. Rafael Jas & Kleber join Hearts while Daniel Gillespie move to Kilmarnock along with youth striker Willie Hunter on loan. This is another part of my side I'll have to look at bolstering.

Back