STAND FREE WHEREVER YOU MAY BE - And you thought Celtic beating Barca was something!

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr_Grieves
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 405K
I actually sighed and fell in my seat when i seen that sky blue behind Loeffens name :(

Knew it was coming and to be honest mate, i think you did the right thing, for £50m you did well mate!! Surprised about Hugo though, i would of tried him and McCulloch rotation for a year and see who takes to it best but hey, you are £80m up!!

Sneaky with Holland also lol hopefully you might get a WC or EC, fingers crossed dude!! Keep it up!!

1000 games! Wow! I would like to see you make a big move over to England and dominate there seeing as you've done a lot in Scotland but then again, this is a story of Aberdeen! Keep it up.

There has been 2 jobs that i thought about but was never seriously going to take. Barcelona when they finished a distant 4th, Messi was 36 and Man Utd a few times when they couldnt get into the Champions League but i've never seriously looked away from Aberdeen.

I actually sighed and fell in my seat when i seen that sky blue behind Loeffens name :(

Knew it was coming and to be honest mate, i think you did the right thing, for £50m you did well mate!! Surprised about Hugo though, i would of tried him and McCulloch rotation for a year and see who takes to it best but hey, you are £80m up!!

Sneaky with Holland also lol hopefully you might get a WC or EC, fingers crossed dude!! Keep it up!!

Keeping Hugo was my plan but after so many transfer requests the offer of £28m was more than i expected. Really thought we'd see a £15-20m at very best.

Holland was the best job going Internationally and i want to get some World & European Championships in the bag so will be at the best possible international job for now!

August transfers

World Transfers
View attachment 354001

Scottish Transfers
View attachment 354002

Meanwhile at Donald Stadium

I apparently promised Amri a move away in the summer so was reminded at the end of the month. Lots of interest and accepted all offers over £15m and Barcelona was his place of choice

Your finances must be looking healthy right now!

If Were not at a record high bank balance we must be ****** close. It will only get better as long as we follow "The Porto Policy" of buying young then selling for big bucks

Holland

Squad
Injury's everywhere! Lost 4 starting players including Loeffen. At least i have two of the worst teams ever to begin my campaign with

World Cup Qualifier Match 1
Liechtenstein 0-2 Holland
Verhoeven
Van Eeuwijk

26 shots 2 goals. Not Good Enough!

View attachment 354030

World Cup Qualifier Match 2
Holland 6-0 San Marino
O'G
Van Eeuwijk
Meeuws 3
Martens

View attachment 354031

That's more like it! Sets up a brilliant press headline!
View attachment 354032

September

100% record in the league goes on
Happy with my start in the Champions League
Battle for 2nd begins

Fixtures

Rangers 1-3 Aberdeen
Sneddon
McCulloch 2

Our New lead striker ended Rangers 100% start to the season.

Champions League Match 1
Aberdeen 4-0 Anderlecht
Sudimak
Sneddon
McCulloch

Carrol

Started strong and came flying out the blocks to win the game early.

Athletico thrashed PSG
View attachment 354397

Aberdeen 4-0 Dundee Utd
McCulloch 2
Coutts 2

Back to Back 4-0 wins. as the 1st team will get a much needed break for the League Cup on Wednesday

League Cup 3rd Round
St Mirren 0-3 Aberdeen
Durmaz
Jovic
Novosel

You wont have herd much of St Mirren in a while since they've dropped down to be a 2nd division team.

Aberdeen 3-0 Kilmarnock
McCulloch
Glowacki 2

Kilmarnocks dismal start goes on

Champions League Match 2
Paris SG 2-2 Aberdeen
Glowacki
McCulloch

We threw away a two goal lead but still avoid defeat away is the name of the game.

View attachment 354398

Livingston 0-3 Aberdeen
McCulloch 2
Jovic

A clear win with a few players rested.

League
View attachment 354399

Aberdeen still boast a perfect record only let in one goal too. Kilmarnock are the disappointing team so far.

Player of the month
Martin McCulloch
View attachment 354400

After a slow 1st month he started supplying the goals we'll miss from Loeffen & Hugo

Holland

Squad
Loeffen and Lupson are back but Left winger Van Eeuwijk center back Stevens back up keeper Meijer and midfielder Fokke are all well Fokked!

World Cup Qualifyer Match 3
Austria 2-2 Holland
Meijer
Van Beek

Ouch! Our 1st serious game and we go and drop points. Very worrying.

View attachment 354416

World Cup Qualifyer Match 4
Holland 3-0 Poland
Beentjes
Verhoeven
Loeffen

Back on top of the table. Level with the Austrains though

View attachment 354418

October

11/11. Maybe we could finally get a 100% season?
A HUGE win in Madrid
Squeak past St Johnstone in the League Cup

Fixtures

Ross County 2-3 Aberdeen
Glowacki
Coutts
Jovic

We were 3-0 up and cruising when Ross County suddenly decided to launch a comeback

Champions League Match 3
Ath Madrid 0-1 Aberdeen
Marques

Who! You may ask. Well with Coulibaly out injured against Ross County i had to use my back up defender Marques who stepped up big time to get a huge result.

View attachment 354729

Aberdeen 2-1 Hearts
Sneddon
Fotheringham

Hearts almost dragged a point out of us but a tired team rallied round and finally turned it into a win.

League Cup Q/F
Aberdeen 1-0 St Johnstone
Thomas

Back up team were ran close by St Johnstone but well done to our Youth Defense who kept to door firmly shut.

Dundee 1-4 Aberdeen
McCulloch
Glowacki
Sneddon
Essomba

My 900th Game with Aberdeen

League
View attachment 354730

We still have our traditional unbeaten start. Rangers, Hearts & Celtic together battling for 2nd while nobody is cast adrift at the bottom

Player of the month
Luis Carrera
View attachment 354731

The Paraguayan defender replaced Alex Butler in the last few months of last season and has now pushed on to be the teams best wing back.

****** **** that's impressive for the SPL!

Ticket sales are more than trebled from what i started with. +£30m a season. Champions League prize money for 12 seasons now must make around £25-£30m a season. Sponsorships too is way up to £15m currently think it was around £1m when i started. Of course wages & Bonus's have gone up a lot but with the player sales more than make up for that. However without the sale's of Loeffen & Hugo the bank would only read £35m

Ticket sales are more than trebled from what i started with. +£30m a season. Champions League prize money for 12 seasons now must make around £25-£30m a season. Sponsorships too is way up to £15m currently think it was around £1m when i started. Of course wages & Bonus's have gone up a lot but with the player sales more than make up for that. However without the sale's of Loeffen & Hugo the bank would only read £35m

It's impressive no matter how you slice it. As is nearly 50m for an SPL player!

Doesn't that hurt you with Holland though?

Nah He'll loose some of his stats i guess but should make him too bad. While injured all he'll miss is friendlys with Croatia & Japan then is out November, December & January when there's no competitive games. Should be back by Febuary so a good month to get fit for the World Cup Qualifyers.

Just thought to say although I am a new subscriber to this story (I am only up to 2014), I am loving this story. It is riveting to the point where I am starting to Hate Celtic, and Celtic is the Scottish team I root for in the SPL. Keep up the good work. Although MojoDex was my inspiration behind writing my Managerial Career, your story has helped me decide on a format to write my story in. GO DONS!!!!!!

Back