STAND FREE WHEREVER YOU MAY BE - And you thought Celtic beating Barca was something!

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr_Grieves
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 405K

Euro 2028
View attachment 352361
Haha

European Championships
Group D

Match 1
France 3-2 Scotland
McCulloch 2

We were a unlucky bunch of Scotsmen today. We fell 3 goals behind in less than a half a hour and by the time McCulloch got two goals it was far too late to get a result. Sneddon wins his 120th Cap

View attachment 352362

Macedonia 1-6 Turkey
This means we must thrash Macedonia by more than 5 goals to give us the advantage over Turkey in what might be the deciding match for 2nd place.

Match 2

Scotland 3-1 Macedonia
Gauld 2
Sneddon

We won but not by enough to turn the goal difference meaning we'll have to win our last game against Turkey to get through to the last 16

View attachment 352364

Turkey 0-3 France

No shocks in the other match. Match 3 will be close

Match 3

Scotland 0-0 Turkey

No thanks to Liam Fotheringham's early Red Card we've made it through to the last 1 as a best placed 3rd team. We did score a goal but it was wrongly ruled out for offside. Martin McCulloch won his 40th cap

France 3-1 Macedonia

Final Table
View attachment 352367

Im Disappointed not to have finished 2nd but understand the result against Turkey which in the end was enough to get through.

Other Groups
All the big teams make it through
View attachment 352363View attachment 352366

Euro 2028
View attachment 352376

Second Round Draw
Portugal Vs Italy is the tie of the round
View attachment 352377

Spain VsScotland
View attachment 352378View attachment 352379

Line Ups

Spain
Real Madird captain Juan Manuel is out injured. I Expect to play against former player Oscar Nanclares & current midfielder Armand Essomba

Scotland
Fotheringham & Coutts are suspended for this vital game. Ross Robertson has not recovered from his injury as fast as i would have liked so he has still yet to play.

The Match

FT - Spain 2-0 Scotland
View attachment 352380

Guardiola's boys never looked like loosing. We offered no threat going forward and the result and tournament as a whole i feel we let the Country down.

Other Results
Portugal beating Italy & Holland loosing to Russia would be the closest thing to a shock
View attachment 352377

Rest of Euro 2028

Quarter Finals
View attachment 352567

Italy beat host England & Germany beat Spain. Russia thrash Poland

Semi Finals
View attachment 352568

Italy & Germany beat there lesser opposition to set up a final with two super powers

Finals
Italy 2-0 Germany
View attachment 352569

Italy's domination of world football goes on *** they add the Euro's to there World Cup from 2 years ago.

Last edited:

Euro 2028 Review

"The FA expect Scotland to be competitive at the World Cup"
"The FA are delighted the team reached the second round"

The Scottish FA are quite happy "The national sides performances have enthralled the entire nation"

The Euro's got of to a hard but encouraging start with a narrow defeat to France. Macedonia was a easy win as expected then with 10 men we played a even game with Turkey and both sides went through deservedly i believe. But once again we suffered in the 1st Knockout match as Spain beat us very comfortably in the last 16.

World Ranking falls way back to 18th

View attachment 352642

Donald Quits
View attachment 352800

Following the European Championships manager Darran Donald has ended his 8 year reign in charge of Scotland.

"I feel myself its time for a change. The team's performance was well bellow what i expected from them for the second major tournament in a row we went out with a whimper in the first Knockout game after failing to meet my objectives in the group phase"

Q - Every contest you reached the knockout phases of the competitions. For Scotland that's a great achievement after so many years not even qualifying for these competitions. You must consider your time a success?
"Although I've not met my ambition to turn the team into contenders after 8 years i feel further away now than we did in 2020 so the time is perfect for Scotland to bring in someone else who can take the nation forward. One day i may be interested in a return"

Q - You won two 4 Nations tournaments too
"True and it was great to win a trophy with your home country but the domestic competition is very weak so the achievement is a bit less than the World Cup or European Championships i hoped for"

I'm also here too announce Derek Sneddon has joined me in leaving Scotland as he retires from International football.

All time Scotland Stats

Time at Club - 2914 Days
Games- 115
Won - 74
Draw - 23
Lost - 18
Goals for- 291
Goals against - 111

Trophy's
Four Associations Tournament 2023
Four Associations Tournament 2027

My All Time Scotland Team
GK Craig Crawford - 115
DR Jack Grimmer - 139/2
DL Stephen Hendry - 97/1
DC Grant Hanley - 126/6
DC Liam Fotheringham - 88/2
MC Scott Robinson - 63/8
MC Stuart Lindsay - 116/12
MC Tom Cairney - 82/12
MR Derek Sneddon - 123/56
ML Craig Sibbald - 118/27
AT Steven Macari - 77/43

The Next Morning

Scotsman Donald announced as the new Holland manager
View attachment 352829

Today Oranje has announced there 1st foreign coach since Ernst Happel in 1977/78.

"Im delighted to have found a nation who have all the tools to go on and win the big tournaments it just wasn't working out with Scotland and its very refreshing to try again with a better team. I've worked with a few of the Dutch players in the past and im looking forward to meeting them in Amsterdam for the Wales friendly before our World cup qualifiers kick off"

Holland Squad
Donalds 1st squad
View attachment 352830

A few familiar

Season preview 2028/29
Survival without a strike force

Targets
League - Winner
Scottish Cup - Winner
Scottish League Cup - Winner
Champions league - Quarter Finals

Summer news
Celtic had a very busy window picking up a lot of freebie's
Hearts & Kilmarnock pick up lots of Aberdeen players
Malkey Mackay the new Scotland manager
Elsewhere manager moves are very quiet
I bring in former physio Stefan Kiessling as my assistant manager

Manager Changes
Gabriel Torje - Espanyol, Kevin Strootman sacked
Gokhan Inler - Paris SG, Replaced Joneleit
Torben Joneleit - Germany. Lewandowski resigned
Sokratis Papastathopoulos - Benfica, Replaced Inler

Transfers

Top June and July Transfers
English league again spends the most
View attachment 352870View attachment 352871

Top SPL Transfers
Spl still being bought by other leagues
View attachment 352872View attachment 352873

First team 2028
Provisional
View attachment 352874

3 Changes. Loeffen being replaced with McCulloch being a obvious one meanwhile I've started to move the old guard onto the bench as Soldan and Butler are replaced in my starting 11

The Next Morning

Scotsman Donald announced as the new Holland manager
View attachment 352829

Today Oranje has announced there 1st foreign coach since Ernst Happel in 1977/78.

"Im delighted to have found a nation who have all the tools to go on and win the big tournaments it just wasn't working out with Scotland and its very refreshing to try again with a better team. I've worked with a few of the Dutch players in the past and im looking forward to meeting them in Amsterdam for the Wales friendly before our World cup qualifiers kick off"

Holland Squad
Donalds 1st squad
View attachment 352830

A few familiar

You would be completely ridiculed by the Scottish media and public.

At least you can still work alongside Loeffen! £49.5m, wow!

Pre Season

Friendly's
Perfect record

Aberdeen 1-0 Stoke

Seattle 1-2 Aberdeen

Dallas 0-3 Aberdeen

OFI 1-5 Aberdeen

Aberdeen 2-0 Chelsea

Aberdeen 4-2 River

Birmingham 0-5 Aberdeen

Aberdeen Transfers
Biggest news in years Mark Loeffen has gone!

In
3 Player join for the youth team, Much better quality than recent years. While despite our losses i bring in 2 more players for loaning to SPL teams. And don't get too shocked but I've signed a player for the 1st team!

Bill Thomas - AT
View attachment 353191

Here is Hugo's replacement. Was released by Arsenal after never breaking into the 1st team. Im hoping to use him quite a bit before December so if he doesn't work out i can go out and buy someone else as my u19's aren't close to good enough yet.

Zdenek Blaha - DL - 4*
View attachment 353192

Antonio Novosel - AT - 4.5*
View attachment 353193

Daniel Golabek - MR - 38
View attachment 353194

Out

This summer was devastating for the striker force

Mark Loeffen - Man City - £49.5m
433 Games 501 Goals, 387 League Goals
Disgusting isn't it
View attachment 353195

Another season and he would have been the league's record goal scorer of all time but now the door for that mantel falls to young Martin McCulloch

Hugo - Inter - £28m
159 Games 97 Goals
View attachment 353196

Hugo spent his life being the man that would be king but as years went by he got more and more frustrated by being on the bench behind Loeffen. He handed in 3 transfer requests after Christmas so i accepted the last one and then sold him to the highest bided who by a long way were Inter

Rafael Jas, Daniel Gillespie & Kleber were all ready to move onto 1st team action elsewhere in the SPL aka Hearts and Kilmarnock while 7 other youngsters go out on loan

And you can resign him in a few years then he can still have that record!

True! But i might not if McCulloch develops into anything like the player Loeffen did. As he's Scottish i'm not under pressure to sell him but its very early days for having idea's like that but resigning Loeffen is an idea i hadnt thought of but may do once he's a old man. Us him as the back up striker and he would still have a good shot at breaking the record before becoming the greatest attack coach ever!

August

Huge personal landmark
Perfect start to the league along with Rangers
1st Game with Holland

Fixtures

Aberdeen 3-0 Celtic
Sudimak
Amri
Coutts

My tactical genius & defensive coach has lost his knack for setting opponents instructions over the summer. Still despite that and loosing out two best strikers we easily see off our biggest rivals.

1000th game in management
So the first game of the new season brings me to my 1000th game as a manager. Here's my stats so far
View attachment 353445

Trophy haul so far
SPL (11)
Scottish Cup (11)
Scottish League Cup (7)
Champions League (3)
European Super Cup (2)
World Club Cup (3)
Four Nations Cup (2)

St Johnstone 2-0 Aberdeen
McCulloch 2

Aberdeen 2-0 Motherwell
Glowacki
Essomba

Hibs 0-4 Aberdeen
Glowacki
McCulloch
Coutts
Marques

Our 1st convincing win of the season

League
View attachment 353448

Aberdeen and Rangers make 100% starts. Celtic need to get there act together and fast.

Player of the month
Armand Essomba
View attachment 353449

Probably now our best player with Loeffen leaving

Holland

Friendly
Holland 3-0 Wales
Loffen 2
Costa

View attachment 353450

Champions League Draw
View attachment 353700

1st Seeds
View attachment 353701

Aberdeen are comfortably in the top seed's

Benfica, Porto or PSG please

2nd Seeds
Paris SG
View attachment 353702

So we avoid the power houses. PSG wont be easy but there form has dipped in the past few years.

If we can Avoid Roma & Ath Madrid I'll be delighted

3rd Seeds
Athletico Madrid
View attachment 353703

It goes without saying now doesn't it!

The 4th seeds are all awful

4th Seeds
Anderlecht
View attachment 353704

Looking to avoid 6 defeats i guess.

1000 games! Wow! I would like to see you make a big move over to England and dominate there seeing as you've done a lot in Scotland but then again, this is a story of Aberdeen! Keep it up.

Back