STAND FREE WHEREVER YOU MAY BE - And you thought Celtic beating Barca was something!

How long will you keep going with this? Congrats on the champions league final aswell :)

Very likley to keep going till September when GTA 5 comes out unless i get board

Got some new idea's for my story too. Hoping to get the season done tonight if i can my update more likley tomorrow will reveal what im up to going forward

Very likley to keep going till September when GTA 5 comes out unless i get board

Got some new idea's for my story too. Hoping to get the season done tonight if i can my update more likley tomorrow will reveal what im up to going forward
I'll place money on a cantera policy ;)

Scottish Cup Final 2029
View attachment 356650

Celtic V Aberdeen
View attachment 356651View attachment 356653

Team News

Celtic
Team is 100% fit.... Jerks!

Aberdeen
I had to pick smart with a Champions League final in 3 days time so a few surprises in my line up. Firstly Glowacki is suspended after getting a red card in the Semi's. Novosel hasn't recovered to lead the attack which is a shame considering his cup form. But the biggest disaster by far is Adama Coulibaly who is out of this game and the Champions League final

Match
FT - Celtic 0-3 Aberdeen
Svoboda
Coutts
Durmaz
View attachment 356652

3 Goals secure another Domestic treble for Aberdeen. The game was over as a contest for the kick off of the 2nd half where we scored immediately and Celtic offered little to nothing in terms of a response giving us a chance to rest players and slow the tempo right down to try and win our 4th Champions League and in doing so our 3rd Quadruple.

Champions League Final 2029
Strap yourselves in. This is a thriller
View attachment 356658

At The San Siro
View attachment 356663

Aberdeen vs Man City
View attachment 356659View attachment 356660

The last Champions league of the 20's and the two most successful teams of the period face each other in the final of finals. Interesting Stats since 2023 Only Aberdeen have managed to put Man City out of the Champions League

Teams
View attachment 356661

Aberdeen
As with the Scottish Cup final Coulibaly is out. He is joined on the sick list by Alex Butler who wont be wearing his strip under a suit to lift the trophy if we win. Former Man City Striker Carlos Fierro is illegible but could get a medal whatever the result. Club legend Derek Sneddon makes his 675th club appearance.

Man City
New Premiership Champions S*ity are missing two of there starting midfielders. Almost missed it but former Don Mark Loeffen starts, Brett Archer is on the bench while two other players im close to are Dutch superstars Roel Koopman & Sherwin De Bie

-- The Match --
Aberdeen 2-2 Man City AET
McCulloch
Sneddon

Man City win 4-2 On Penalty's
View attachment 356662

Well it took penalty's to decide which side would end the decade dominant and City did it.

View attachment 356657

As like most of Aberdeen Champions League finals it was a wet and miserable day in Milan made even more miserable for the Scots as they had to experience Champions League Final defeat, the first time a Scottish team have done so in history. "It was an amazing fight to the end between ourselves and Man City neither side deserved to loose but we could only remain equal for so long. Man City held there nerve better to secure the title but i guarantee we'll do our best to be back in the Final again next year"

2028/29 Season Review

SPL - Winner
Scottish Cup - Winner
League Cup - Winner
Champions League - Runner Up

Season Stats
View attachment 356733

Final team talk
"Wow what a blow to end the season. We might have been equal with Man City right through 120 minutes and were devastated on penalty's. Its a long way back but next season we can get back to the Final and get revenge on Man City and win the title again!"

SPL
View attachment 356735
View attachment 356736
View attachment 356737

Celtic ended out unbeaten & 100% record in one go and i instantly lost interest in the league. Trips to Edinburgh proved a problem we'll have to overcome to finally get a 100% season as well as a first unbeaten season in 7 seasons.

Celtic romped to 2nd while Rangers, Hearts, Hibs & Dundee Utd earn European Football.

Kilmarnock had a awful season only pulling clear from relegation at the end of the season leaving Ross County to go down. Coming up of all teams is Cowdenbeath for there 1st Premier League appearance since 1970.

Scottish Cup Final
Celtic 0-3 Aberdeen
View attachment 356738

Forfar were huge giant killers of this years competition.

Scottish League Cup Final
Kilmarnock 1-2 Aberdeen
View attachment 356739

Lots of lower league less recognizable teams getting through here.

2028/2029 Awards

Footballer of the year
Martin McCulloch - Ave 7.87
View attachment 356740

McCulloch led a Dons clean sweep with our center backs making up 2nd & 3rd

Top Scorer
Martin McCulloch - 31 Games 29 goals
View attachment 356741

McCulloch wins back the award for Aberdeen after Celtic won it last time

Young Player of the year
Mike Kirk
View attachment 356742

Hibs nab an award won by dons for the past decade.

Team Of the year
9 players but no space for Fotheringham who was 3rd in player of the year!
View attachment 356743

Darran Donalds player of the season
Gavin Coutts
View attachment 356745

Followed on the good work from his breakthrough season with another fine season

Manager of the year
Darran Donald
View attachment 356746

10th manager of the year award

Match of the season
11th November 2028
Celtic 1-0 Aberdeen
View attachment 356747

Strange choice you may think but everyone loves a underdog victory against all the odds and this was it.

Signing of the season
Carlos Fierro
View attachment 356748

For £35k i think he could be the missing link we need to have a 100 League record. Hopefully he has 1 more year in the locker

European Cups

Champions League Final
Aberdeen 2-2 Man City AET Man City win 4-2 on Penalty's
View attachment 356749

With our run to the title im sure we were going to slip up somewhere.

Europa League
Koln 1-2 Inter
View attachment 356750

Koln giant killed by knocking out Favorites Real Madrid but Inter were worthy winners

Dons Finances - May 31st 2029

Income
Match day income = £8.7m +£2.3m
All Tickets = £50.7m + £11.1m
Players Out = £49.4m +£28m £129m +£80m
Sponsorship = £12.3m

Total = £262.3m + £80.6m

Expenditure
Player Wages = £32m -£3.3m
Total Bonuses = £13.2m + £600k
Staff Wages = £9.9m +£1.1m
Player Transfers = £25.4m + £24.3m
Ground Maintenance = £22.4m -£5.2m

Total = £190m +£33m

Weekly Wages Currently £864.779 Down £10 a week!

---Final Balance ---
£95.4m +£46.3m

Income up on every important item. Will be hard to Ever match this season
Wages took another big hit this summer which is great. Bonus increase is deserved. Staff Wages are not! They have more than Doubled since 2023 with non on massive contracts. If it goes far over £10m I'll have to assess things next season.

Scots in Europe
Celtic - Europa League Group Phase
Hearts - Europa League Last 32, To Inter
Kilmarnock - Europa League Group Phase
Rangers - Third Qualifying round
Hibs - Europa League Third Qualifying round

Hearts lost to the eventual champions the rest of the sides were a embarrassment

League rankings
View attachment 356753

SPL Fly up to 7th with a big jump for the Scottish Cup too.

Euro Coefficients
View attachment 356755

Scotland drop bellow Russia to 8th. No biggie.

Euro Club ranking
View attachment 356754

Aberdeen rise again to 2nd in the World with only City ahead of us.

Other European Leagues

England
View attachment 356759

Man City win the league as the Northern teams take over. Wigan only missing out on goal difference

Germany
View attachment 356760

Dortmund fall off the pace as Bayern regain the title.

Italy
View attachment 356761

Roma win the title holding off Inter & Juventus but bigger news from the bottom as Udinese & Fiorentina go down!

Spain
View attachment 356762

The Madrid teams dominate the league with Athletico winning back the title after 2 years at Barcelona. Bad News Klippybo. Bilbao go bye bye

Going into the summer
Will be a busy summer for me, More on that later. Will be a question of who we can keep and who we can bring in to replace them. Will have to just play it by ear.

Holland

Squad

There all back! Its a Christmas Miracle!

World Cup Qualifyer 6
Bulgaria 2-5 Holland
Meijer
Van Eeuwijk 3
Meeuws

The Dutchmen were 2-1 down at half time but my team talk must have scared the bejeebus out of Kev Van Eeuwijk who scored a second half hatrick in 25 minutes to turn the game our way.

View attachment 356889

Friendly
Holland 3-1 Ivory Coast
Costa 2
De Bie

View attachment 356890

Post Season

Summer News

Stadium Expansion. Further 11,705 seats coming next season taking us to a total capacity of 59,353 i believe!
View attachment 356937

After over a decade as Goalkeeping coach Scott Thompson retires to be replace by former French Captain Hugo Lloris

Contracts

Daniel Monnard till 2034 on a £2m a year deal. 34 year old Alex Butler add's another 2 years to his playing career but won be playing much from now on.

Youngsters Charlie MacRae till 2032 Turk Mertan Durmaz till 2033

11/6/2029
Transfer Window

In

David Friedl - ML
View attachment 356938

I swear he looked better than this when i bought him! Ok that not working well there's a lot of 8 & 9's in his stats so potential is defiantly there!

Deng Nan - MC
View attachment 356939

The potential Chinese money was the motivation to buy Deng Nan. Plan to give him plenty of games and see how he goes. Yet to see a Chinese superstar yet.

Gregoric Tomaz - DC
View attachment 356940

As both of my U19 defenders get too old for the team i had to find some new blood and Tomaz is my latest eastern European youngster

Out

Kevin Toure to Kilmarnock & Charlie MacRae to Livingston on loan. Much more to follow.

Been a silent reader so far. Just wanted to say its a very impressive story. Keep up the excellent work mate! :)

Donald's Duck Dynasty
View attachment 357178

Lady's and Gentlemen today im proud to announce the evolution of my story.

When i started my Aberdeen save back in November it was one of two planned story saves for this years game. The other was a one off save running 6 managers with translations of my name for each country and try and unlock "National Hero" for each County you could get the achievement in. Then one night went i was falling asleep it came to me. Why not combine the two story's and use Aberdeen legends as the managers for the hero challenge once they retire! Like Fergie made Bruce/Hughes & Bruce I'm going to make Juste, Soldan & Sneddon. GENIUS

"With his status as a "Aberdeen Legend" he was instantly installed to start my team of ex players who i will put forward to manage one of the clubs. 2 other players Michal Soldan & Derek Sneddon are also lined up for a spot in the future of this program as they don't plan to stay in football anyway". They may not we'll see how i get on with managing 2 teams before we have 3 or 4 on the go.

"I'll always been there to help the guys I've spent most of my career with and helping them take my legacy to a whole new level"

I will be playing as the manager obviously and don't plan doing holidays especially in the league. Might skip a few Cup games but will play it by ear. Once the club has reached the top division & achieved the "hero" status i plan to move onto one of the other nations and get the next "national hero" achievement.

So it begins Now

Lluis Juste retires from football.
View attachment 357179

Approaches former boss Darran Donald as an Advisor for his step into management as he wants to move back home to Spain

Donald Suggests Alaves a club who were fighting it out in La Liga when he was a child watching football but have since fallen to a team jumping between Liga Adelante & the Second Division B2.

Alaves appoint Lluis Juste as manager
View attachment 357180

Following the endorsement of his former manager Darran Donald Spanish 3rd tier team Alaves have appointed recently retired defender Lluis Juste as there manager. Lluis's memory's of Alaves are among his earliest football memory's watching what is considered one of the greatest games ever the 2001 Uefa Cup final where Alaves ended up as Runner ups loosing 5-4 to Liverpool.
"I would love to see the side return to the top level of Spanish football and the memory's of that 2001 season will fuel me to bring those days back to the side"

Alaves
A Quick History
Deportivo Alavés, S.A.D, usually abbreviated to Alavés, is a Spanish football club based in Vitoria-Gasteiz, in the Basque Country. Founded in 1921, it plays in Segunda División, holding home matches at the 19,500-seated Estadio Mendizorrotza.

Alaves facts
There from the Basque country, much loved by FM Base members
Were once managed by the great Ferenc Puskas
Played in Greatest UEFA cup final ever in 2001

Alaves 2029
Were a long way away from European Cup finals & Mr Puskas with the team just now

1st team
View attachment 357181
A very young team but really lacking in quality

Stand out players

Xabier Arribas - AT
View attachment 357182

Aitor Del Rio - ML
View attachment 357183

Asier Guruzeta - MC
View attachment 357184

Non are great and with the lack of quality in the team I'll have to spend ages restructuring and adding as many quality players as we can.

You sir are insane :p

Where did you get that idea. Only concern i have is the time it will take to up to run 2 teams. and it means i can try and do both the things i wanted to do in FM2013 in the one save

Season preview 2029/30
Double Duty

Targets
League - Winner
Scottish Cup - Winner
Scottish League Cup - Winner
Champions league - Quarter Finals

Summer news
Quiet summer at Aberdeen as i was working at Alaves
My No1 Enemy Ally McCoist finally retires.
Cowdenbeath already in talks over a buy out.
Martin Nelson's horror time at Parkhead ends and he returns home to Motherwell

Manager Changes
Cese Fabregas - Arsenal, Chris Coleman sacked
Massimo Allegri - Real Madrid, Cese resigned
Maarten Stekelenburg - Roma, Allegri resigned
Tom Huddlestone - Rangers, McCoist retired
Kevin Strootman - Sporting, Stekelenburg resigned
Raheem Sterling - St Johnstone, Scott Carson sacked
Jamie Murphy - Ross County, Huddlestone resigned
Kiko Femenia - Espanyol, Torje sacked

Davide Astori - Bayern, Conte resigned
Javi Martinez - Inter, Astori resigned
Gabriel Torje - Zaragoza, Javi Martinez resigned
Lluis Juste - Alaves
Italy - Antontio Conte, Montella sacked

Transfers

Top June and July Transfers
English league spends big as Barca spend big to try and win back La Liga
View attachment 357487View attachment 357488

Top SPL Transfers
Rangers and Celtic join the Dons in selling key players
View attachment 357489View attachment 357490

First team 2029
View attachment 357491
Djordjevic beat Marques to Coulibaly's spot in defence. Jovic will take over from Soldan who will be back up now hopfully with other Midfielders coming in and finally winger Durmaz gets his shot replacing Glowacki on the wing and he is more than ready!

Where did you get that idea. Only concern i have is the time it will take to up to run 2 teams. and it means i can try and do both the things i wanted to do in FM2013 in the one save
Imagine how long it will take to run 6 if you ever get there! The last time I tried more thna one manager I ended up signing the wrong players to the wrong team....

Imagine how long it will take to run 6 if you ever get there! The last time I tried more thna one manager I ended up signing the wrong players to the wrong team....

Its already happened. Was chasing a youth player for Aberdeen but before placing the bid my £100m's was £100k's. But it is a worry. Usually quite vigilant with these things but shant speak too soon

Pre Season

Friendly's

Chamois Niortais 0-4 Aberdeen

Aberdeen 1-1 Lyon

Aberdeen 2-1 Zenit

Alania 1-5 Aberdeen

Aberdeen 0-1 Tottenham

Hoffenheim 2-3 Aberdeen

Fc Twente 2-3 Aberdeen

Aberdeen Transfer
View attachment 357715

In

James Black GK
View attachment 357716

Will be our back up keeper

3 other youngsters join to be in the youth team. Marco Friedrich - MC, Evgenios Psychogios - DC, Javier Diaz - GK

View attachment 357717View attachment 357718View attachment 357719

Out
Our now normal mass summer exodos.

Adama Coulibaly - Ath Madrid - £22m
208 Games, 13 Goals, 7.74 Ave Rating
View attachment 357720

Adama became a rock at the back for Aberdeen, no doubt the best overall defender I've had. Arrived on a free from Chelsea in 2023 and within 2 years had learned every defensive position as well as excelling at center back.

Grzegorz Glowacki - Barcelona - £24m
282 Games, 89 Goals, 120 Assists, 7.56 Ave Rating
View attachment 357721

Glowacki spent just over 10 seasons with Aberdeen finally breaking into the 1st team in 2024/25 and quickly taking over the role as our main winger as Archer left and Sneddon got towards his 30's.

Andrija Stojanovic - Fenerbache - £7.5m
Played a lot at the end of the season to get a price worthy of his skill.

Eljia Pavesi - Celtic - £3.3m
Celtic or Rangers no contest.

Daniel Ormsby - Kilmarnock £525k
Never developed

Willie Hunter - Brighton - £3m
No SPL team interested.

Ross Carrol, Robert Svoboda & Dani Carrasco all to Hearts, Rhulani Mabena - Livingston, Nailton - Leicester while players i just can't sell Grant Lawson & Yago were loaned to feeder teams.

August

As usual a perfect start to the season
Essomba almost averaging a goal and assist per game.

Fixtures

Hibs 0-2 Aberdeen
Essomba 2

Plenty of injury's and we get the season under way by getting the Easter Road monkey off our backs.

Aberdeen 3-0 Dundee
Coutts 2
Sneddon

Durmaz ran the show today immediately taking the mantle from Glowacki

Dundee Utd 1-2 Aberdeen
Coutts
McCulloch

Not our finest hour. The lads will have to think about how they are playing before Celtic come to town.

Aberdeen 4-0 Celtic
McCulloch
Coutts
Sneddon
Essomba

League
View attachment 357862

We make a perfect start as do Kilmarnock who build on there brilliant form at the end of last season.

Player of the month
Armand Essomba
View attachment 357863

Our stand out player these days. Holding the midfield together really and started the season like the superstar leading the team forward

Holland
France 2-4 Holland
Beentjes
Meeuws
Costa
Van Eeuwijk

View attachment 357864

Champions League Draw
View attachment 358046

Dont have the usual lay out as i want fly past the draw trying to buy and sell at Alaves

Group H
View attachment 358047

Seriously Athletico Madrid again! Other teams arent much to live up to but still there must be a bug in this save that means we must play Athletico Madrid every year.

August transfers
View attachment 358134

World Transfers
Liam Cameron another former Don moves for £14m
View attachment 358135

Scottish Transfers
Wigan's turn to buy up the SPL's top players
View attachment 358136

Meanwhile at Donald Stadium

Was to busy in Spain to do anything at Aberdeen. From now I'll have minimal Dons action in August. Will post them up with a quick Alaves season preview.