STAND FREE WHEREVER YOU MAY BE - And you thought Celtic beating Barca was something!

Alaves Season Preview
Huge changes to the squad with 8 player brought in to the starting 11 since Juste took over

Targets
League - Promotion
Spanish Cup - Beat any team outside the top 2 leagues
Federations Cup - Winner

Summer News
Alaves & Real Sociedad "B" sell up while Mirandes buy lots of players.
Installing A huge Name like Juste see's us 2nd favorites behind Salamanca. Elbar and Pongerradina expected to be up there too.

Pre Season fixtures

Pau FC 0-3 Alaves

Bilbao Ath 2-4 Alaves

Alaves 1-2 Besiktas

AS Pontonx 2-5 Alaves

FC Bas 1-6 Alaves

JA Daz 2-1 Alaves

Never had a settled team this was just getting used to the formations

Top Spanish transfers
View attachment 358138View attachment 358139

Alaves First team 2028
View attachment 358140

GK - Fan Qiong
View attachment 358141

The Chinese keeper was a Juventus youth player and with 10 caps will hopefully add some extra income.

DR - Eduardo Costa
View attachment 358142

The clubs best wing back joined from rivals Real Sociedad B

DL - Mikel Madariaga
View attachment 358143

One of the few players to survive the cut from Juste. Onlybecause there was no better Left backs willing to join.

DC - Chidoka Kalala
View attachment 358144

My favorite signing so far. Arrived with less than a hour left of the Window.

DC - Tomas Berjon
View attachment 358145

Villareal B player added for some depth and makes me happy with our defense for now.

MC - Luca Kohlbacher
View attachment 358146

I offered 100's of contracts to midfielders and this was the only one willing to join us

MC - Asier Guruzeta
View attachment 358147

My best youth prospect helped into the team with our inability to sign midfielders.

MC - Andoni Franco
View attachment 358148

Another youth player propping up our weak spot

MR - Yassine Yidirim
View attachment 358149

A fellow B league team were giving this guy away. Crazy!

ML - Omar Elana
View attachment 358150

Omar was my 1st signing for Alaves

AT - Abraham Sarabia
View attachment 358151

Sarabia will have to fight with Xabier Arribas to keep his starting striker status

Depth after the 1st 11 is awful and we'll be relying heavily on the youth team which trust me is no better. The Center of midfield is our biggest weakness. I couldn't get anyone in there not through want or try! Hopefully the better players asking for higher wages will still be free and more willing to join us. Even the worst Aberdeen u19's didn't want to join Alaves

Holland

Squad
Only Cornelissen doesnt make it but more injurys will follow.

World Cup Qualifer Match 7
San Marino 0-3 Holland
Loeffen
Beentjes
Meijer

A small win over the smallest team. could do better!

View attachment 358267

World Cup Qualifer Match 8
Holland 1-0 Austria
Verhoeven

Victory was enough to secure qualification for the finals

View attachment 358268

September

8/8 in the League
Athletico hold us to a draw in the opening Champions league match
Alaves make a great start for Juste

Fixtures

Rangers 1-3 Aberdeen
Coutts 2
McCulloch

Rangers fought hard but we were still too much for the horrible Huddlestone team

Aberdeen 6-1 St Johnstone
Sneddon 2
McCulloch 2
Luys
Essomba

Sent out a weaker team to be ready for Madrid on Wednesday but we didn't show it.

Champions League Match 1
Aberdeen 1-1 Ath Madrid
McCulloch

A dead even game where a draw was the right result. I may not say the same thing if we had not fought back from behind for the point.

View attachment 358394

Livingston 1-5 Aberdeen
McCulloch 3
Durmaz
Herder

European hangover! Not likely!

Scottish League Cup 3rd Round
Aberdeen 5-0 Raith
Desmond 3
Novosel 2

Youth team were way too much for Raith. St Johnstone are our rivals in the Quarter finals

Aberdeen 2-0 Cowdenbeath
Soldan
Fierro

Played a very young team with Champions League at the start of October.

League
View attachment 358395

Were still boasting a perfect record rest of the table split in a battle for 2nd or to avoid the bottom.

Player of the month
Derek Sneddon
View attachment 358396

The man i hope to use as a Youth team manager if he doesn't try to become a Scottish Hero showed he's not ready to retire yet.

Alaves

Fixtures

Gernika 0-3 Alaves

Real Union 2-1 Alaves

Alaves 3-1 Guijuelo

Alaves 8-2 Real Sociedad B
Striker Sarabia scored all 8 goals

Haro 0-7 Alaves

Alaves 3-1 Elbar

League
View attachment 358397
One sloppy performance against Real Union otherwise it was a perfect start with two massive wins along the way.

Holland

Squad
Cornelissen Still not fit enough to return and is joined on the sick list by Van Beek

World Cup Qualifier Match 9
Poland 1-1 Holland
Loeffen

That point should be enough to secure the group unless Austria can turn a massive goal difference and we loose at home to Bulgaria

View attachment 358442

World Cup Qualifier Match 10
Holland 4-1 Bulgaria
Beentjes
O'G
Van Eeuwijk
De Bie

A comfortable ending to our qualifying campaign. Austria get 2nd but Liechtenstien and Polands performances are the surprises

View attachment 358443

Love the story and have been silently following for a long time, but I can't take the constant abbreviation of atlético madrid as ath. madrid anymore!

Love the story and have been silently following for a long time, but I can't take the constant abbreviation of atlético madrid as ath. madrid anymore!

I cant stand playing them every season. Maybe we'll stop drawing each other and we'll both be happy!

October

Kilmarnock ensure there wont be a unbeaten season
Big away wins in the Champions League
Comfortably into League Cup Semi's

Fixtures

Champions League Match 2
Koln 3-4 Aberdeen
McCulloch 2
Coutts
Essomba

This game woke me up! We were 3-0 up and cruising but a missed penalty from Coutts inspired Koln to make a awesome comeback. Sadly for them we can't afford to drop any more points so came up with a last gasp winner.

View attachment 358504

Aberdeen 1-2 Kilmarnock
Coutts

Talk about lucky! We had 2 goals disallowed and Kilmarnock had 2 questionable goals. Another season without a 100% or unbeaten season. Oh and the 84th minute winner scored by Daniel Ormsby who was never good enough to get a game for Aberdeen

Motherwell 0-3 Aberdeen
Soldan
Luys
Novosel

A weaker team than the one that played Killie but a easy win. The highs and low of the SPL!

Champions League Match 3
Macabi Haifa 2-5 Aberdeen
McCulloch
Coutts
Herder
Sneddon
O'G

Aside from Macabi's two late consolations we were in total control

View attachment 358510

Aberdeen 2-1 Hearts
McCulloch
Sneddon

Hearts made us work for the win with there 1 shot on goal!

Scottish League Cup Q/F
Aberdeen 5-1 St Johnstone
Coutts
Nan 2
Desmond
Gregoric

Mostly a back up team but we still thrashed the team 2nd in the SPL. Nan and Marques both injured and are out for a month

League
View attachment 358506
Defeat to Killie ended our hopes of a undefeated season so priority totally shifts to Europe

Player of the month
Gavin Coutts
View attachment 358507

Won his 50th cap while leading the Dons midfielder

Alaves

Fixtures

Lemona 0-1 Alaves

Palencia 4-1 Alaves

Alaves 3-0 Amorebieta

Alaves 5-1 U.D Logrones

Sestao 2-1 Alaves

League
View attachment 358508
Not the easy run to the top i was thinking we'd have. 2 defeats including a thrashing at Palencia

November

Perfect month in the league. Defense still a bit leaky
Defeat in Madrid probably ends our chance to win the group but were already through to the last 16
Hibs sack Calum Elliot & replace him with Mothewell's James Tomkins and Motherwell appointing Scott Carson as there new boss.

Fixtures

Champions League Match 4
Aberdeen 6-0 Macabi Haifa
Coutts 2
Jovic
Durmaz
Herder
Sneddon

Great win that will help out our goal difference

Both the Dons & At Madrid are through. The next match may decided in which order we go through
View attachment 358536

Aberdeen 6-1 Hibs
Herder
Essomba
McCulloch 3
Durmaz

McCulloch was on fire again. More of the same against evil neighbors United. Hibs sacked manager Calum Elliot after the match.

Aberdeen 4-1 Dundee Utd
McCulloch
O'G
Jovic
Sneddon

A nice warm up for the decider with Madrid

Champions League Match 5
At Madrid 2-1 Aberdeen
Carrera

We finish 2nd but it could have been so different. Very disappointing to have lost after taking a lead which lasted minutes but Madrid did edge the game and were maybe just worthy of the win. This was Daniel Monnards 600th Game for Aberdeen

View attachment 358537

League
View attachment 358538
Our record is perfect away from that Kilmarnock game while Celtic may be finally looking like a solid 2nd place team after a great start.

Player of the month
Luis Carrera
<A Bit Camera Shy>
His goal in Madrid tops of a great month for the wing back even if it wasn't enough to win it for us.

Holland

Squad
Screuder, Meijer, Veldman, Stevens & Renato Costa all out injured

Friendly
Holland 3-1 Japan
Meeuws 3

All the goals came from ex Aberdeen players.

View attachment 358539

Alaves

Fixtures

Alaves 4-1 Cultural Leaonesa

Alaves 3-1 Ponferradina

Pena Sport 0-4 Alaves

Salamanca 0-3 Alaves

Spanish Fed Cup 1st Round 1st leg
S.D Borja 0-3 Alaves

League
View attachment 358540
A brilliant month of results including a thrashing of previous lead leaders Salamanca

Imagine running 6 managers.. I'd hate running two but definitely adds to it big time!

Thanks but I'll NEVER get as high as 6! 4 is the utter maximum but im pretty sure im going to settle on 3. Im getting on fine with the 2 so far 3 shouldnt be too bad but might have 4 for a few season to get the 3 league divisions like Spain, Brazil ect out of the way quicker

Thanks but I'll NEVER get as high as 6! 4 is the utter maximum but im pretty sure im going to settle on 3. Im getting on fine with the 2 so far 3 shouldnt be too bad but might have 4 for a few season to get the 3 league divisions like Spain, Brazil ect out of the way quicker

100 pages! Definitely need a little "100th Special" Post with all the historic moments and achievements!

100 Pages at Aberdeen
We've come a long way in 17 years!
Some of the pictures aint worked out right but hope you enjoy

Trophy haul so far
SPL (12)
Scottish Cup (12)
Scottish League Cup (8)
Champions League (3)
European Super Cup (2)
World Club Cup (3)
Four Nations Cup (2)

Career Stats
View attachment 358738

Stand out records
League Title's - 12
Cups - 28
Manager Awards - 136
Total Earnings £25m
Days on Holiday - 0

Check the difference
Star player 2012
Andy Considine
View attachment 358725

Star player 2030
Arnmand Essomba
View attachment 358726

The 500 club then & now

Michal Soldan 2013
View attachment 358727

Michal Soldan 2030
App 645 Goals 105 Ave Raiting 7.46
View attachment 358728

Derek Sneddon 2013
View attachment 358729

Derek Sneddon 2030
App 651 Goals 244 Ave Raiting 7.47
View attachment 358730

Alex Butler 2015
View attachment 358731

Alex Butler 2030
App 519 Goals 11 Ave Raiting 7.37
View attachment 358733

Daniel Monnard 2017
View attachment 358734

Daniel Monnard 2030
App 582 Ave Raiting 7.06
View attachment 358735

And my favourite Match so Far?

May 2020 Champions League Final
Bayern 2-3 Aberdeen
View attachment 358737

Was going to make it the 8-3 win against Rangers or the 9-0 Cup final win but this was a life time ambition of mine to win the Champions League with Aberdeen so this was and will be the highlight.

Link to the final match.
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...hought-celtic-beating-barca-something-29.html

Low point in the story.
No competition in the SPL

Its a shame how every season i reached a point where i lost a game in the SPL and then there was nothing else to do domestically except cruise to the title.

Other Highlights
Also if you want to check out my highlights there all on the opening post along with plenty other stats and records about my story.

Finally a massive thanks to everyone who has read and especially those who have contributed through comments and private messages who have encouraged me to keep going and making the post better.

World Cup 2030
In Italy
View attachment 358680

The defending champions and World No1 team will host the tournament as they bit to win the title on home soil like in 1934

Group draw
Once again i went flying through the news and missed the groupo draw

Group D
View attachment 358681

A group fully of underdogs. Russia & Ivory Coast are the top teams from there part of the world while Iran should be a walkover. Very confident of reaching the knock out stage as you would expect.

You have done something i have dreamed about since the 90's also, although i know our two teams have had there differences (i hate neil simpson lol)

I am truly amazed and serious congrats on your success with this dude!! I wasn't a reader when you won your first but i've been with you for the last two and watching you do it shows me that maybe i can take my beloved team to it also, the one thing i have never done with them is win the UCL!!

You sir are an inspiration and im glad there isn't a story of the season comp anymore because choosing between you and Mojo's would be impossible!!

The 100 page mark, congratz, this is easily my favorite story on the site! :) also it was fun looking trough the highlights post :)

watching you do it shows me that maybe i can take my beloved team to it also, the one thing i have never done with them is win the UCL!!

Certainly. I can do it with Aberdeen, San Marino challenges ect can do it then you can to T1LL13

The 100 page mark, congratz, this is easily my favorite story on the site! :) also it was fun looking trough the highlights post :)

Thanks man :)

Congrats, mate :) Your persistence and desire are admirable, keep it going! And slow down a little, we were in the same season when I started and you're now two years ahead :/