STAND FREE WHEREVER YOU MAY BE - And you thought Celtic beating Barca was something!

Congrats, mate :) Your persistence and desire are admirable, keep it going! And slow down a little, we were in the same season when I started and you're now two years ahead :/

Not to mention 1000 replies is quite an achievement ;)

My next few weeks at work are very limited with there days off and My XBox F1 Championship kicks off on Monday so i may not be updating as much. However my girlfriends going on holiday with her family for a week in July so i will have almost unlimited freedom of Football Manager then to glory on!

My next few weeks at work are very limited with there days off and My XBox F1 Championship kicks off on Monday so i may not be updating as much. However my girlfriends going on holiday with her family for a week in July so i will have almost unlimited freedom of Football Manager then to glory on!

And here goes my catching up :(

Does she fancy taking my girlfirend with her? :D

I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing ;)

I'll tell you whats not a good thing. I was doing a full table review of SPL & major international & club and it took so long to do, while watching tv ect too that it didnt post then i lost it all. AHHHHHHHHH total waste of a night!

December

Trip to Celtic is match 1,100 under my belt
Sneddon also gets a Landmark with his 700th Aberdeen game
With Stadium, Youth & training upgrades taking place the club has now lost £20m in the past 3 months. Strange? Well no not really. Wages have increased to £1m a week with the oldie's on big salary's that i wont shift and youth with 10% increases in there contract
Speaking of Stadium its opened to its new full capacity of capacity of 59252 seats. Hopefully January & February will see the club back on track money wise.

Fixtures
Scottish Cup 4th Round
Aberdeen 10-1 Ross County
Novosel 5
Coutts 2
Herder
Jovic
Desmond

All Ross County got out of our back up side was a O'G from us to soften the blow of this thrashing

Dundee 4-3 Aberdeen
Durmaz
McCulloch
Sneddon

Jovic out for a month and McCulloch out for 3 months. Great day in the office.

Champions League Match 6
Aberdeen 3-1 Koln
Filip
Sneddon 2

A mostly back up side went out for the last game in front of a record crowed o the day our stadium opened to its new capacity of 59252 however as expected Madrid thumped the Israelite whipping boys
View attachment 359146

Our next opponents Celtic have also made the Last 16. Great Scot!
View attachment 359147

Celtic 1-3 Aberdeen
Novosel
Coutts
Sneddon

Celtic are the established 2nd team in the SPL but we showed them how far they are from being back on top.

Aberdeen 6-0 Rangers
Sneddon
Durmaz
Novosel
Essomba 2
Coutts

Can't beat a thrashing of Rangers as a Christmas present for Dons fans everywhere

St Johnstone 2-4 Aberdeen
Sneddon 2
Essomba
Desmond

While 3-0 up St Johnstone scored 2 quick goals to give me a scare but i shouldn't have worried with Desmond coming off the bench to make it safe.

Aberdeen 5-0 Livingston
Sneddon
Durmaz
Essomba
Djordjevic
Coutts

Leading the strike force & Opening the scoring was Derek Sneddon played his 700th game for Aberdeen still 52 league games short of Willie Miller's all time Dons record

League
View attachment 359148

Was very annoyed with our performance in the Dundee match but that aside we beat the Old Firm back to back extend our lead at the top.

Player of the month
Derek Sneddon
View attachment 359149

I was gutted to loose McCulloch for a few months but the chance to lead the attack has seen Sneddon reborn and scored on his 700th appearance to mark a great end to the 20's for THE club legend

Alaves

Fixtures

Alaves 2-0 Zamora
Portugalete 0-2 Alaves

Spanish Fed Cup 1st Round 2nd leg
Alaves 4-0 Borja
-- Agg Alaves 7-0 Borja --
Alaves 4-2 Osasuna B

Alaves 3-1 Barakaldo

League
View attachment 359150

We are marching away at the top. Beat closest rivals Barakaldo to end the year happy

Last edited:
Come on Barakaldo!!!!!!

They be a feeder side to you know who (although I terminated the link in my game lol)

I'll tell you whats not a good thing. I was doing a full table review of SPL & major international & club and it took so long to do, while watching tv ect too that it didnt post then i lost it all. AHHHHHHHHH total waste of a night!

Ouch hate it when that happens!

When that happens with me I click on the "restore autosaved content" and it brings it right back

Sunday 19th July

Door opens for Esson as Keane quits
View attachment 316980

Following his failure to match the standard he or the country expects. 3 big defeats at Euro 2020, including to England lost Keane the confidence from the SFA and the Tartan Army who had never fully got behind a Irishman being in charge of Scotland.

The bookies early favorite is former St Johnstone boss Ryan Esson who after guiding the Perth team to 4 successive Scottish Cup finals was sacked after there relegation at the end of last season.

View attachment 316978

View attachment 316976
Rumors appeared over night that current Aberdeen manager Darran Donald has expressed a strong desire to fill the Scotland Vanacy. Following a hattrick of League titles and guiding Aberdeen to Scotlands first European Cup in 53 years would make it hard to choose anyone else!

Scotland want Donald!
View attachment 316981

Several SFA sources have been quoted that they would be foolish not to consider then man who led Aberdeen's revolution over the last 10 years. Despite early talks going well the SFA have major concerns over the manager performing double duty with Aberdeen and Scotland while juggling a young family.

Scotland appoint Donald as Manager
View attachment 316977

Not content with leading Aberdeen to the top of the European game he today accepted the call of his country to lead there national team.

The SFA seen Donald as the obvious outstanding choice to lead the country forward. Forgetting his achievements last season nobody in the game knows the domestic base of Scottish players, youngsters coming through and players at the top of there game. As well as developing several Scottish players in Europe over the past few seasons he has also built up a knowledge of playing teams on the continent which we think we stand the nation well going into the World cup Qualifiers where with Donald in charge our chances have increased to a level where we'll be competitive in the World cup qualifiers. Im sure i speak for all Scottish fans that im looking forward to Donald making his debut against Austria in a friendly in August

View attachment 316979

Personally im delighted to have finally got my hands on the job. Not only the extra £350k a year job pays but after being overlooked for Steve Clarke, Danny Lennon and Roy Keane i felt before any of those appointments I'd done enough to get the job and would have been a better manager to the country than the previous choices. Although my work starts 3 years after my 1st failed application im not going to dwell on those 3 lost years and am immediately working on my squad and preparations heading towards the 2022 world cup where i think Dubai can expect to see a Scottish team. I Think that a lack of any European super powers means we have a genuine shot of winning our group but time will tell how good that prediction is.

Sadly one of my contract conditions of changing the national song was rejected otherwise the football world would be getting more familiar with this classic

[video=youtube;pDJflQfNUE8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDJflQfNUE8[/video]

I know I am only half way through your story, but I must say, well done on winning the Champions League and about ****** time you were appointed the Manager of Scotland, **** knows what the SFA were thinking when they made their previous appointments.

I know I am only half way through your story, but I must say, well done on winning the Champions League and about ****** time you were appointed the Manager of Scotland, **** knows what the SFA were thinking when they made their previous appointments.

I know thinking back it was rediculous how hard i had to fight to get that job! Shame that never worked out

January

Major Award 1. Armand Essomba runner up in world player of the year.
View attachment 359827
Major Award 2. Martin McCulloch wins European golden Boy award. Never herd of it before and quite surprised we've not won it before.
View attachment 359828

Fixtures

Cowdenbeath 1-2 Aberdeen
Sneddon
Carrera

Worrying show where we relied on a goal from Carrera with 3 minutes left to get the win at Cowdenbeath. And this is there stadium!

View attachment 359829

Aberdeen 5-0 Motherwell
Carrera
Durmaz
Herder 2
Novosel

Goals galore and even if he didn't score it was just the performance to commemorate Gavin Coutts's 200th Aberdeen appearance

Kilmarnock 0-2 Aberdeen
Djordjevic
Essomba

Hearts 0-1 Aberdeen
Coutts

Hibs 0-2 Aberdeen
Novosel
Durmaz

A week in the capital see us get 6 points from two close matches

Aberdeen 6-0 Dundee
Durmaz 2
Essomba
Novosel
Lawson 2

Grant Lawson returns to the team as i can't sell him. Hopefully 4 months at Aberdeen will get teams interested.

League
View attachment 359831

Another title is all but in the bag. Celtic keep threatening to pull away in 2nd but then blow it. Cowdenbeath not isolated at the bottom which surprises me

Player of the month
Antonio Novosel
View attachment 359832

A future world star? Perhaps! But at Aberdeen he'll struggle to break past McCulloch even with months like this.

Mid Season stats
Forgot them in December sorry!
View attachment 359833

Alaves

Fixtures

Alaves 4-0 Gernika

Fed Cup 2nd Round 1st leg
Alaves 2-0 Sabadell

Guijuelo 1-4 Alaves

Alaves 2-2 Real Union

Fed Cup 2nd Round 2nd leg
Sabadell 1-2 Alaves
AGG - Alaves 4-1 Sabadell

Real Sociedad B 1-1 Alaves

League
View attachment 359834
A few sloppy draws at the end of January lets Ponferradina catch right up

January Transfer Window
View attachment 360146

World Transfers
View attachment 360147

Scottish Transfers
Nothing at Aberdeen and little elsewhere
View attachment 360148

Spanish Transfers
Wow is this Scotland? No big deals and all the main transfers are folk leaving
View attachment 360149

Alaves Transfers
2 In 2 Out

In

Philippe Dumount - MC
View attachment 360150

Dusan Gudovic - MC & ML
View attachment 360151

Remember me hoping that players who wanted too much wages would drop there price? Well here's two who will give my midfield some back bone, quality and experience

Out

Jose Cia & Youngster Aitor del Rio both off to Recreativo for a total of £320k. Not bad for a player who's contract was expiring and a youth who had got no games.

February

The Dons destroyed Dortmund in the Champions League
Aberdeen reach League Cup final

Fixtures

League Cup Semi Final
Kilmarnock 1-3 Aberdeen
Djordjevic
Sneddon 2

A Close 1st half was looking good for Kilmarnock but Aberdeen showed up in the 2nd half and Ran all the way to the final

Aberdeen 3-0 Celtic
Coutts 3

He hasn't been as good as last season but Coutts single handed;y destroyed Celtic today

Scottish Cup 5th round
Inverness 0-3 Aberdeen
Novosel 2
Marques

Inverness are in a very poor state down in the 1st Division. Wouldn't expect them back in a hurry but they were far from embarrassed in the cup.

Dundee Utd 0-2 Aberdeen
Durmaz
Blaha

Lots of back up players with Dortmund up next more important than our local derby.

Champions League last 16 1st leg
Aberdeen 3-0 Dortmund
Coutts
Sneddon
Essomba

What a result. The 1st leg was domination at home. If we get 1 goal in Germany i think we'd be through quite comfortably

View attachment 360359

Rangers 1-2 Aberdeen
Coutts
Sneddon

The team was knackered after the Dortmund game so with several of the team needed a rest but a youthful team still had enough to take out Rangers!

League
View attachment 360360
Our grasp on the SPL is as strong as ever. Celtic will have to fight off Killie & possibly Rangers for 2nd place. Cowdenbeath still holding on to the others at the bottom.

Player of the month
Gavin Coutts
View attachment 360361

Without McCulloch we needed someone to grab goals regularly and Gavin Coutts was the man having a month similar to how he played last season.

Alaves

Fixtures

Alaves 5-1 Haro

Fed Cup Q/F 1st Leg
Alaves 3-1 Leganes

Elbar 1-2 Alaves

Fed Cup Q/F 2nd Leg
Leganes 1-3 Alaves
AGG - Leganes 2-6 Alaves

Alaves 1-1 Lemona

U.D Logrones 0-0 Alaves

League
View attachment 360362

Two draws at the end of the month could prove costly as Ponferradina close right up.