STAND FREE WHEREVER YOU MAY BE - And you thought Celtic beating Barca was something!

League Cup Final 2030
View attachment 360423

Celtic Vs Aberdeen
View attachment 360424View attachment 360425

Team News
View attachment 360426
Both sides have to rest players after Champions League football 3 days earlier

Celtic
Wing Back Tomas Ptacek & attackers Rodolfo & Striker Alex Smith who wouldn't accept my call ups but now has a single Scotland cap

Aberdeen
Stephen Grant got a knock midweek and is rested. Cup players Novosel and my back up keeper start while 2 centerbacks Djordjevic & his probable replacement Jeome Marques are our injured

The Match
Celtic 0-3 Aberdeen
Sneddon
Herder
Novosel

View attachment 360427

In the end we won very comfortably as you would expect in an all SPL match. It was clear the disappointment in Barcelona had a big effect on Celtic

March

League title won in a tight anxious game with Livingston
Aberdeen's treble hopes ruined yet again by Internationals on the day of our Scottish Cup tie
My long time SPL rival and next best manager in the league in my opinion Billy Davies announces he'll retire at the end of the season

Fixtures

Aberdeen 5-0 St Johnstone
Coutts 3
Desmond
Lawson

Not quite a title party yet but this secured Champions League football

Scottish Cup Q/F
Hearts 3-2 Aberdeen
Herder
Novosel

Well as i say above the squad was down to 13 players thanks to international call ups. Why am i even bothering?

Champions League Last 16 2nd Leg
Dortmund 1-1 Aberdeen
McCulloch

AGG Aberdeen 4-1 Dortmund

We had the game in hand. Was playing very defensive to make it a boring match and the 1-1 draw was more than enough to see us through to the last 8

Celtic had Barca on the ropes. With 6 minutes to go Celtic were going through on away goals but Barca broke there hearts with a late winner. PSV put out Juventus

View attachment 360622

Aberdeen 3-0 Cowdenbeath
Herder
Lawson
Essomba

Kept a few 1st team players out to rest them up for future ventures. Stephen Grant makes his 250th Aberdeen appearance

Livingston 0-1 Aberdeen
Durmaz

We took FOREVER to score at Almondvale. Just when it looked like we were away to drop 2 points winger Durmaz won the game at the bitter end which secured the League title.

Motherwell 1-4 Aberdeen
Lawson 2
Herder 2

The month ends with the champions playing a reserve side to a easy win.

League
View attachment 360623

Well the title stays at Donald Stadium. Im begging you Celtic do better in the SPL! For now they are 2nd clear of the Kilmarnock, Rangers, Hearts battle for 3rd. Top 6 is set and the bubble has burst for Cowdenbeath

Player of the month
Joey Herder
View attachment 360624

Wow he escalated quickly

Holland

Friendly
Holland 4-2 Ukraine
Beentjes
Costa 2
Meeuws

View attachment 360625

Alaves

Fixtures

Alaves 1-1 Palencia

Fed Cup S/F 1st leg
Atletico 5-0 Alaves

We had been on a 23 match unbeaten run before this game

Alaves 4-2 Sestao

Amorebieta 1-6 Alaves

Fed Cup S/F 2nd Leg
Alaves 3-1 Atletico
AGG - Atletico 6-3 Alaves

Cultural Leonesa 0-2 Alaves

Alaves 3-1 Pena Sport

League
View attachment 360626
Play off spot secured with 8 games to go.

Last edited:

April

PSV & Man City beaten as we reach the Champions League Final
SPL issues sorted out
Alaves secure the title but not promotion!

Fixtures

Champions League Q/F 1st Leg
Aberdeen 6-0 PSV
McCulloch 3
Coutts
Durmaz
Sneddon

Wow! I thought we'd be the better team but this was ridiculous!

View attachment 360974

Aberdeen 1-1 Kilmarnock
Herder

Reserve team were at it again except for Coutts! Who got injured and may be out for the season

Champions League Q/F 2nd Leg
PSV 1-1 Aberdeen
Jovic

AGG - Aberdeen 7-1 PSV

Despite the big lead i played a strong team to make totally sure of our place in the Semi Finals where we'll play Man City for the 4th Champions league in 5 seasons. So far its equal with 1 Champions League final win each and a Quarter final win each too. Bayern & Barca meet in the other game.

View attachment 360975

Aberdeen 4-0 Hearts
Durmaz
Jovic
Lawson 2

I wonder if the SPL teams will still turn there nose up at Lawson when i put him up for sale in the summer

Celtic 1-1 Aberdeen
Soldan

Back up team on display and they got a very respectable draw

Champions League S/F 1st Leg
Aberdeen 1-0 Man City
Durmaz

Always great to beat Man City but will we regret the chances we passed up.

Aberdeen 3-0 Hearts
Novosel
Desmond
Lawson

Alex Butler made appearance number 550 for Aberdeen

Champions League S/F 2nd Leg
Man City 1-1 Aberdeen
McCulloch

AGG - Aberdeen 2-1 Man City

Aberdeen took less than 5 minutes to take the lead and total control of the tie. With Man City needing 3 goals we shut up shop. Man City's Brazilian striker Rondinelli pulled 1 back but it wasn't enough to stop us reaching the Final again.

A former Dons player leads Barcelona to the final

View attachment 360976

League
View attachment 360977
All the main issue's have been settled. We won the title earlier while Celtic have secured there Champions League spot and poor little Cowdenbeath are relegated

Player of the month
Mertan Durmaz
View attachment 360978

The young Turks goal against Man City was the icing on the cake for his perfect month

Alaves

Fixtures

Ponferradina 0-2 Alaves

Alaves 3-1 Salamanaca

Zamora 2-2 Alaves

Alaves 3-2 Portugalete

League
View attachment 360979
League title secured with come back win over Portugalete. I believe we still have to go through a play off to go up.

May

Rangers game is my 1000th as Aberdeen Manager

Fixtures

Aberdeen 3-0 Kilmarnock
Essomba 2
McCulloch

Rangers 1-3 Aberdeen
McCulloch 2
Essomba

Aberdeen 4-0 St Johnstone
McCulloch 2
Soldan
Jovic

Final League
View attachment 362013

Alaves

Fixtures

Osasuna B 2-5 Alaves

Barakaldo 4-1 Alaves
U19 team were holding onto a draw till two quick red cards saw us trounced

Final League
View attachment 362014

After the League the 4 league winners play off against each other for some reason we'll discover later on.

Playoff - S/F 1st Leg
Cordoba 1-4 Alaves

Playoff - S/F 2nd Leg
Alaves 3-1 Cordoba

AGG Alaves 7-2 Cordoba

We walk into the Finals

Playoff Final 1st Leg
Alaves 1-0 Atletico B
Guruzeta

Totally deserved the win but is it enough going into the 2nd leg

Playoff Final 2nd Leg
Atletico B 1-1 Alaves
Berjon

AGG Alaves 2-1 Atletico B

A goal for a center back meant we were the champions of champions.

View attachment 362015

Last edited:

Champions League Final 2030
View attachment 362062

At Olympiastadion Germany
View attachment 362063

Barcelona Vs Aberdeen
View attachment 362064View attachment 362065

Teams
View attachment 362066

Barcelona
Barcelona have 3 back up players missing. Only one could have been in with a shout of playing.

Aberdeen
Urgh! Soldan,Coutts, Djordjevic & Sneddon are injured while Essomba is banned. 3 Youth team players on the bench and one even starting although that is Antonio Novosel. Alex Butler on the bench for his final appearance before retiring

-- The Match --
Barcelona 1-2 Aberdeen
McCulloch
Jovic

View attachment 362067

Half time arrived and we were behind and not looking like we could get a goal. I made no changes but we came out a different side. McCulloch got us back in the game before Jovic scored what would be the winner 10 minutes after half time. The rest of the game flew past wit the only thing of note being Alex Butler coming off the bench to end his career by lifting a 4th Champions League title.. On a personal note 4th Champions League. Now only Sir Alex Ferguson is above me in the hall of fame. A world cup in the summer could send me over the top.

View attachment 362068

View attachment 362069
Aberdeen take home 4th European Title

After heartbreak on penalty's in last seasons final Aberdeen got the sweetest form of revenge by beating Barcelona in Germany. It wasn't the Catalans 1st experience with Scottish teams after Celtic almost put them out in the last 16. In the final "Scotlands team" Aberdeen made up for it by denying them the trophy. "After loosing to Man City last summer its a relief to win and take the title back to Scotland. It doesn't bare to think about how the boys would have felt if we'd fallen at the final 2 years on the trot. It was the perfect end to the season and the career of my long serving captain Alex Butler. He's staying on to work with me as a club coach he'll be missed by the team in important games like this"

2029/30 Season Review

SPL - Winner
Scottish Cup - Quarter Final
League Cup - Winner
Champions League Winner

Season Stats
View attachment 362442

Final team talk
"Each season were loosing key players but each season you all rise to the challenge and play to and above the level of supposed better players you've replaced. Shame we were robbed of the Scottish cup but next season we'll have plenty of chances to win trophy's"

SPL
View attachment 362443
View attachment 362444
View attachment 362445

Once again once the 100% record went i lost interest in the league and a further defeat followed. Its really starting to annoyed me so Next season im demanding a perfect league season and that will be my focus. ABOVE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

A record 7 teams qualify for Europe from the SPL while Cowdenbeath and Ross County swap leagues

Scottish Cup Final
Rangers 2-0 Kilmarnock

View attachment 362448

Killie couldn't send Billy Davis Out with a win as he ends his time at Rugby park as a cup runner up.

Scottish League Cup Final
Celtic 0-3 Aberdeen

View attachment 362450

Top two teams had just had big European matches 4 days earlier and our relaxed Draw to go through against Dortmund was better than Celtic's late defeat to Barcelona

2029/2030 Awards

Footballer of the year
Armand Essomba - Ave 8.05
View attachment 362455

Top Scorer
Warren Tyson 37 games 25 Goals
Martin McCulloch & Gavin Coutts challenge was ruined by injury's
View attachment 362456

Young Player of the year
Mladenko Djordjevic Ave 7.65
View attachment 362457
And why did i keep Coulibaly with this guy in the youth team?

Team Of the year
9 players as usual but no place for the leagues best forward
View attachment 362458

Manager of the year
Darran Donald
View attachment 362460

11th manager of the year award

Darran Donalds player of the season
Derek Sneddon
View attachment 362462

33 Years old and possibly his last full season. Will have a look at him in the summer.

Match of the season
3rd October 2029
Koln 3-4 Aberdeen
View attachment 362463

A brilliant 1st half was countered y a awful second half which leads to a brilliant match.

Signing of the season
Deng Nan
View attachment 362465

Hasn't broken into the 1st team but still doing more than enough to be at the club for more than commercial reasons.

European Cups

Champions League Final
Barcelona 1-2 Aberdeen

View attachment 362466

PSV were the side handing out shocks right through the competition. Barcelona won the Classico while the other English sides again failed to live up to there expectations.

Europa League
Tottenham 2-4 Sporting Lisbon

Another decent Portuguese team! Rangers had there best European run so far reaching the last 16.

Dons Finances - May 29th 2030

Income
Match day income = £9.7m +£1m
All Tickets = £53.9m +£3.2m
Players Out = £67m - £62m
Sponsorship = £16.6m + £4.3m

Total = £220m -£40.3m
Not to unhappy with that as forgetting player sales were actually up £20m

Expenditure
Player Wages = £29.1m - £2.9m
Total Bonuses = £16.2m +£3m
Staff Wages = £9.3m -£600k
Player Transfers = £3m -£22.2m
Ground Maintenance = £7.1m - £15.3m

Total = £170m - £20m
Weekly Wages Currently £1m Wages are up £140k but we've made cuts since last season. Doesn't look like next season will be good then.

---Final Balance ---
£132m +£36.6m

Income up in general while managing to cut most of the expenditures except bonuses which you can understand with the rewards of a Champions league title
Wages have flew up. Not sure how but can't see them improving for next season.

Scots in Europe
Celtic - Champions League Last 16
Hearts - Europa League group Phase
Rangers - Europa League Quarter Finals
Kilmarnock - Europa League Group Phase
Hibs - Europa League Third Qualifying round
Dundee Utd - Europa League Second Qualifier

Rangers put up a admiral fight only going out of the Europa League on away goals while Celtic were minutes away from beating Barcelona. Certainly out best season so far.

League rankings
View attachment 362467

SPL & Scottish Cup drop.

Euro Coefficients
View attachment 362468

Scotland and Russia have almost identical score from season 29/30. Holland fall further behind

Euro Club ranking
View attachment 362469

Aberdeen stay in 2nd and close the gap on Man City. If we go a round deeper than Man City in the Champions League we could be ranked the best team in Europe!

Other European Leagues

England
View attachment 362473

Man City make it a hatrick of Premier League's

Germany
View attachment 362474

Bayern Champions again as Dortmund sneak into the Champions League over our rivals from last year Koln

Italy
View attachment 362475

A shaking of the guard? Parma are back in the champions league while Juventus miss out and Ac Milan miss out on Europe all together

Spain
View attachment 362476

Champions Real Madrid are over 20 points clear of the rest.

Lluis Juste's year
Alaves

Team
View attachment 362477
Sarabia & Yildirim stand out. Gudovic will have a big role to play next season. Doesn't seem like Kohlbacher will be staying. His choice!

League
View attachment 362478

Winning the league wasn't to complicated a few dodgy performances but securing a play-off spot was easy as pie on our way to my 1st promotion in this years game "Steam achievement"

Review
Objective of promotion was succeeded and that is by far the most important thing for our 1st season. Building a side to do something in Liga Adelante next season. We lost to Atletico B in the Fed cup which is sad as we wont get another shot at that i hope but against Promotion im more than happy with how our cards were dealt.

Going into the summer
Unlike past summers i don't see much change to the side through the summer. Alaves will need work and Holland have a World cup to win so Aberdeen wont be high on my agenda. Pick up some youths early on then see who we can afford to let go.

Holland World Cup Squad
View attachment 362524

Final 23 Man Squad

Goalkeepers - Caps/Goals
GK L Merry - 20
GK P Meijer - 1
GK F Akuku - 1

Defenders
DR R Koopman - 75/1
DR F Cornelissen - 12
DL R Wijers - 4/0
DC M Screuder - 46/5
DC E Lupson - 54/1
DC J Annan - 4/1

Midfielders
MC S De Bie - 123/10
MC T Van Beek - 95/7
MC R Beentjes - 104/21
MC O Fokke - 41/1
MC D Van Veen - 3
MC E Jansen - 22/2
MR R Van Plet - 3/0
MR F Kamphuis - 10/0
ML K Van Eeuwijk - 70/24
ML S Verhoeven - 18/4

Forwards
AT D Massop - 14/11
AT R Costa - 74/38
AT M Loeffen - 100/43

By far The best and oldest squad I've ever taken to a Finals. Plenty of experienced players who are at there last tournament in there and were 3/1 to win the dang thing. Pressure is on!

Warm Up Friendly

Holland 3-0 Morrocco

Holland 5-0 Belgium

Italy 2-1 Holland

Armenia 0-3 Holland

A reasonable warm up. Loosing to Italy is no disgrace they have been the best side in the last 10 years.

Post Season

Summer news
Alex Butler to retire. We'll give him a goodbye post later
Alaves secure some pre contract agreements
The usual loan deals in the works

Contracts

Liam Fotheringham signs a 5 year deal and will pick up £55k a week. Stephen Grant also signs a 5 year deal making almost half Fotheringham's wage

Young back up keeper Rhulani Mabena till 2033
Youth players Petr Filip & Zdenek Blaha signs a long term deal, Wayne Shearer, Daniel Golabek & Stef Luys till 2033 who have something to prove

10th June
Transfer Window opens

In
Two young Scots for the future. Callaghan is particularly exciting

Stuart Callaghan
View attachment 362598

Sean McNeil
View attachment 362599

Out

Carlos Fierro was retiring and Dani Carrasco was always here to move to a SPL side

Leaving on loan is Robert Svoboda to Hearts again with several more to follow.

Great work as usual mate, you seem to lose a couple of your better players at the start of every season but it doesn't really affect performances on the pitch! Now you have spent a whole season using two managers, how did you find it? I'm considering doing the same in order to try and get a couple of the steam challenges, like yourself, but I'm not sure if I could run two managers side by side...

Great work as usual mate, you seem to lose a couple of your better players at the start of every season but it doesn't really affect performances on the pitch! Now you have spent a whole season using two managers, how did you find it? I'm considering doing the same in order to try and get a couple of the steam challenges, like yourself, but I'm not sure if I could run two managers side by side...

I know every season i let the majority of players who get big offers from big clubs leave especially if there is a suitable upstart coming through the U19's team. So dar its worked much better than i ever expected.

On the two teams most of the time its been alright. Transfer windows can be a bit of a pest. For example just now im working through Alaves transfers, Aberdeen transfers & Holland at the World Cup. All those together mean i've spent most of today typing for the story or searching for players. However once your in the swing of things month to month i felt almost no difference. I think thats helped by not having an attachment to Alaves. I only want them to win the Leagues as fast as possible so i can leave and move onto the next challenge. I would suggest trying it out at least then you've seen yourself how its is and if its right for you.

Alex Butler Retires
View attachment 362631
View attachment 362632

Alex Butler was a player i chased for 2 summers before finally getting a deal together to bring him over from the merry old land of Oz. Until a injury this time last year Butler had been a permanent fix at Right Back when Age and the emerging Luis Carrera seen Alex become a back up player even so still racking up over 30 appearances in every season at the club. Butler is the only player of mine so far to have agreed to spend there post playing career as a coach at Aberdeen and is away to start his 3rd season as a coach at the club. Sadly he lack the tactical knowledge to progress to being a U19's manager or my assistant

Aberdeen Stats
App - 553
Goals - 11
Assist - 76
Ave 7.32

Trophys
Champions League - 4
European Super Cup - 2
World Club Cup - 2
SPL - 10
Scottish Cup - 8
League Cup - 6

Australia
160 Caps
32 Goals

Asian Nations Cup 2015
East Asian Nations Cup 2019

Great! another Champions League! You think you can be the 1st manager to win the Champions League and World Cup in the same summer?

amazing,amazing story mate!!

just out of curiosity, if Butler is a regen, how does the game have history of him starting at the Australian Institute of Sport in 09??

Haha Captain Obvious! I love that name

Yeah i have no idea why that happens. Just had a look at Sneddon & Soldan who came through in the same summer and there's say the same about starting in 2009 despite not being in the game till 2013