STAND FREE WHEREVER YOU MAY BE - And you thought Celtic beating Barca was something!

Champions League Draw

1st Seeds

Aberdeen get Group G

Porto & Zenit would be the best ties out of this rather tricky bunch

2nd Seeds
Leverkusen
View attachment 474014

German sides haven't looked too tough in recent years so I'll actually settle for that.

If i avoid Benfica I'll be chuffed if i avoid Arsenal I'll be over the moon

3rd Seeds
Benfica
View attachment 474013

Well the Portuguese side will make the group very interesting

Nobody worth while in pot 4

4th Seeds
PAOK
View attachment 474012

I'd say we have a pretty good chance of going through from this group.

September

Back to back league defeats open the door for Celtic
Great win in Benfica
Progressing in the League Cup. Celtic up next

Fixtures
View attachment 473955

Champions League
View attachment 473954
Perfect result in Portugal to set us on our way.

League
Can't remember us loosing 2 games in this half of the season too often never mind back to back.
View attachment 473953

Argentina

Argentina 2-3 Japan

Argentina 2-1 Costa Rica

October

100% month in the league
Throw points away at home to PAOK in Europe
Motherwell joins the battle for the title

Fixtures
View attachment 473773

Champions League
View attachment 473772
A shocking draw at home to PAOK was countered with a win against Leverkusen. If we repeat this result at the start of November i will be happy and we should be through to the last 16.

League
View attachment 473771
Tied at the top. A good run of results with a Celtic draw set this up and lets not forget Motherwell up there too.

Player of the Month
Daniel Monnard
View attachment 473770
Our record appearance holder was looking towards a month of clean sheet till the end of the month.

Argentina

Friendly
Argentina 4-1 Tunisia

Brilliant read mate ! What do your finances look like after 20+ years

It seems like what happened in my FM 2012 is happening to you! i was a clear 35 seasons in (because obviously my social life is great as it took me not as long as expected) but overnight by about season 20 Celtic all of a sudden become serious title contenders.. it's weird as they always stay close and have tough games against me but they never even had a squad that could match me in any way..

It seems like what happened in my FM 2012 is happening to you! i was a clear 35 seasons in (because obviously my social life is great as it took me not as long as expected) but overnight by about season 20 Celtic all of a sudden become serious title contenders.. it's weird as they always stay close and have tough games against me but they never even had a squad that could match me in any way..

I think there is a reason behind mine. I've been selling the teams best players for the last 8-10 seasons. Like with Arsenal it was destined to catch up with me. I've not followed "The Porto Policy" and i got distracted by filling as many 1st team spots with Scottish players as possible. meanwhile Celtic in recent years have been twice to the last 16 in the Champions League and to a Europa league final so there finances and rep will have gone up and lets face it if there achieving that much they must have a decent squad already!

This has encouraged me to really look at my team in January see what spots can be improved. Im happy enough with the 3 attacking positions and 2 of my midfielders are safe so i think the defense and maybe another goal scoring midfielder but i do have so many midfielders in my u19's already so some of them may step up.

Im starting to have the same sort of problem with wages but obviously on a much smaller scale with my Limerick side after winnning the league 2 years in a row most of my players want double their money contracts to renew, One guy wanted £1800 a week! My top earner is only on £925 a week! Keep up the good work is this the longest running story on this site? Some commitment to stick with one save

Ahh rite missed that part somehow ! That's really impressive especially for the Scottish league! Where do you stand in worlds richest clubs or have I missed that somewhere aswell

I've not posted that actually. Only club thats around there that shouldnt be is Hull who got taken over by a tycoon 2 seasons ago.
View attachment 473671

Im starting to have the same sort of problem with wages but obviously on a much smaller scale with my Limerick side after winnning the league 2 years in a row most of my players want double their money contracts to renew, One guy wanted £1800 a week! My top earner is only on £925 a week! Keep up the good work is this the longest running story on this site? Some commitment to stick with one save

I imagine it would be. Dont think anyone is as sad as i am for staying with the same save for over 9 months having said that i have a friend who plays FM now and then he's still playing a FM that 08 or 09 and is still going with a Tottenham save from when that game came out so 9 months is nothing on at least 4 years lol

On your save hopefully like me and Klippys saves the players value's will rise as your team becomes more reputable and has more success then you can at least pay some wages with transfer profits

Last edited:
This has encouraged me to really look at my team in January see what spots can be improved. Im happy enough with the 3 attacking positions and 2 of my midfielders are safe so i think the defense and maybe another goal scoring midfielder but i do have so many midfielders in my u19's already so some of them may step up.

yes i am doing a lot off this under 21 players moving into the first team squad.. sometimes i have as much as 11 players under 21 in the possible 18 picked... we're winning the league by about 12 points, which is nowhere near as good as i did the season before, winning by an obscene amount. Also i have this German attacking mid with the craziest name ever and some sick stats and he's only 18. his name is Chukwononso Izuchukwu.. cracking name!
View attachment 383740

November

9 Players out injured as we end the month
We finally win a game in Extra time to eliminate Celtic then draw Rangers in the Semi's
Injury's and tactical mistakes see us destroyed in Leverkusen
Celtic beat us soon after in the league where again injury's tore us to bits.
Phil Jones is the new Hibs manager
View attachment 473672

Fixtures
View attachment 473676

Champions League
View attachment 473675
Despite a thrashing to Leverkusen and a squad riddled with injury's we had enough to see off Benfica and grab what will probably turn out to be 2nd place.

League
View attachment 473674
Celtic's victory gives them the advantage in the league while Rangers joins the hunt for the title. Airdrie still yet to get a win.

Player of the Month
Stephen Grant
View attachment 473673

The last defender standing as the rest are all injured.

Argentina

Friendly
Bosnia 2-2 Argentina

December

We need two bits of the cherry to beat Hibs in the Cup
Then thrash them in the League 6-1
We return to the top of the SPL but boy is it tight.

Fixtures
View attachment 473492

Champions League
View attachment 473491
Match day 6 went like a dream. Leverkusen lost and we won to take top spot.

League
View attachment 473490
2 points between the top 3 and Motherwell haven't gone away yet either, Airdrie celebrate the new year with there 3rd point of the season.

Player of the Month
Scott O'Neil
View attachment 473489

Came on leaps and bounds this season as a starter. 3 bids from my old pal Brendan Rodgers at Man Utd already rejected.

Not selling and maybe buying some better players may be the order of the day

Nah i like this period of transition you're having, what you're doing will become beneficial in 4 seasons time when they are in their early-mid 20s seeing as you're starting to play more youngsters if unless i'm wrong..