STAND FREE WHEREVER YOU MAY BE - And you thought Celtic beating Barca was something!

Thing is most of them are that age. Youngest starters are Callaghan and Parker is the only teenager starting. Grants and McNeil's not developed how i hoped and they'll be the firs two i'll replace. Midfield should be ok with all the youth players i have kicking about in there. Up front im happy with 4 players fighting for the 3 positions but need another class option or two youth players to emerge.

At the moment i'd say were sitting as a 6-12th best side in Europe while 4 years ago it was between us and Man City. I've had a close eye on the players development and i think some are reaching the limit of what there going to be which lets face it for Scottish players is not very high. Left back O'Neil, Fotheringham, Callaghan, Coutts and the 3 forwards are almost certain to remain starters so thats 7 but no Scottish youths coming through except another 2 attackers for the future. come March i must have a good intake or hope some smaller teams do so i can nab there kids.

Do a Man Utd, they make absolutely SPECTACULAR youth players (look at Frazier Campbell for instance who WILL become a prolfic scorer) but yet they dip into the transfer window and make one or two big name signings (RVP for example)to bolster the squad. You don't need to have only Scottish nationals, I prefer to have them however i will get rid if they don't make me competitive. I play like 5 Scottish players on average (Scott Hutchison from Motherwell, Clark Robertson and Ryan Jack who were there since the start and Garry Pettigrew and Niall Allan, Regens who developed from the youth system) otherwise i have a good mix of Belgians, Croatian, Brazilian, Irish, English. I have at least two of those nationalities in my team but also have an Italian and a German fighting for first team.

Do a Man Utd, they make absolutely SPECTACULAR youth players (look at Frazier Campbell for instance who WILL become a prolfic scorer) but yet they dip into the transfer window and make one or two big name signings (RVP for example)to bolster the squad. You don't need to have only Scottish nationals, I prefer to have them however i will get rid if they don't make me competitive. I play like 5 Scottish players on average (Scott Hutchison from Motherwell, Clark Robertson and Ryan Jack who were there since the start and Garry Pettigrew and Niall Allan, Regens who developed from the youth system) otherwise i have a good mix of Belgians, Croatian, Brazilian, Irish, English. I have at least two of those nationalities in my team but also have an Italian and a German fighting for first team.

Well Im going to see how the youth intake goes. if we get some good out of it then brilliant. But if we get another batch of "Fred McTavish is the is one of the better player in this intake" aka there all **** then i'll have to add scouting as everything else is already high as can be.

Just got up to date with this again, it gets better and better every time i read it! Keep it up mate!

Champions League Last 16

Didn't realize i won the group as i was just flying through. This is a massive boost as the draw would have been very unkind with all the other group winners being the strongest team in Europe and all very tough for us to beat. But since im not having to worry about that Inter, PSG & Porto worry me. Zenit & Koln don't

Zenit Vs Aberdeen
Probably the best we could have hoped for

Full Draw
View attachment 473265

January

A defeat at home to title rival Celtic with a squad crippled with injury's leads to a breakthrough moment for me. My time with the save is well into its autumn months and with Scottish talent not replacing the continental players which left it im ending my Porto policy and will go back to the good old days of fielding the best possible team i can and having a solid youth side. Money will burn. Started off with 2 new defenders and a handful of coaches and scouts to top up the backroom staff as well. More players may follow in the summer but im building from the back as usual.

Fixtures
View attachment 473232

We also beat Rangers in the league cup semi to reach the final

League
View attachment 473226
Despite loosing to Celtic were still top

Player of the Month
Liam Fotheringham
View attachment 473220

Recently retired from Scottish duty's he'll have a new partner in defense from now on.

Transfers
View attachment 473215

In
2 Brazilians and an Argentinean. Great help this Argie job.

Luiz Christiano - MC - £1.2m
View attachment 473217

Stunning potential. I have far to many young center midfielders before Luiz arrived but couldn't resist for the price.

Emiliano Lobo - DC - £19m
View attachment 473218

Just check out those stats! The Argentinean staff love him, the dons staff loved him. He's going to rock our socks. Destroyed the clubs transfer record which was only £8.25m for Loeffen all those years ago.

Carlos Alberto - DR - £8.25m
View attachment 473216

Will he live up to his name & position sake. Time will tell but he'll come in for Grant who will be my back up defender having never progressed to the next level.

February

One foot in the last 8 of the Champions League
New players find there feet then injury them
After a great month we end it with a draw in the cup to 1st Division Livingston

Fixtures
View attachment 472916

Champions League
View attachment 472915
A good result for us. A second goal would have been perfect but an away goal advantage is a good star.

League
View attachment 472914
Rangers beat Celtic who now have played a game more. I want to make as big a gap as i can before the split where it seems Hibs will be the only easy game.

Player of the Month
Amos Opara
View attachment 472913

Into the midfield now. I picked up Opara on a free from Dundee Utd 2 summers past on a free as back up and he's quickly replace Deng Nan in the starting 11 till hopefully a better player arrives in the summer.

Scottish League Cup final 2035
View attachment 472718

Aberdeen Vs Hibs
View attachment 472717View attachment 472716

Teams

View attachment 472715

Were missing our two lead forwards. Ross Carrol is banned and McCulloch is injured. Midfielder Deng Nan's absence may scare of the Chinese tv audience.
Hibs a missing a defender, midfielder and forward but Phil Jones has encouraged them this far so lets see what they can do

The Match
Aberdeen 2-0 Hibs
View attachment 472714

Two of the U19's who came into the squad with all the injury's got the goals. Maybe there trying to say the u19's we have now are more than capable of scoring the goals we have lacked during the season.

March

I said we needed a good intake and it was awful!
Take personal control of scouting and bring in 5 new scouts to work primarily in Scotland, Spain and Brazil
Curse of the internationals strike again as were left with 4 players for our match with St Johnstone but still scrape a draw

Fixtures
View attachment 472598

Champions League
View attachment 472597
Some massive turn arounds as all the group winners go through. Our task was relatively simple

League
View attachment 472596
Celtic still 3 points behind and our game in hand against bottom side Airdrie, Who have finally found a few wins is up next

Player of the Month
Chris Parker
View attachment 472595

About to end his teenage years its time to step up and cement a place in my starting 11. He was the last good player to come through my youth system.

Argentina

Friendlys
Portugal 2-1 Argentina

South Korea 0-0 Argentina

April

Victory over Celtic gave us the advantage going into the Championship group phase
Dundee Utd shock my back up team with a 1-0 win in the Scottish Cup Semi finals.
Our back up side won 1-0 at home to Hearts despite playing 80 minutes with 10 men

Fixtures
View attachment 472420

Champions League
Quarter Final 1st leg
At Madrid 0-1 Aberdeen
View attachment 472419
Fantastic result. We were pulled to shreds by Atletico but by some force of nature we kept a clean sheet against our greatest Spanish foe's.

Quarter Final 2nd leg
Aberdeen 3-1 At Madrid
Agg Aberdeen 4-1 A Madrid
View attachment 472418
We suddenly came of age tonight. We rushed into a 3 goal lead and was in control of the game. Chelsea next in the Semi Final.

League
View attachment 472417
Were a win away from securing the title. Rangers and Motherwell still fighting over the Champions League spot while Hearts may be well back in 5th but are in the Europa League Semi Finals

Player of the Month
Ross Carrol
View attachment 472416

This season Carrol cemented his role as our lead striker and has now passed a goal a game ratio for the Dons.

May

Chelsea were no match for Aberdeen in the final 4
Celtic grab a 93rd minute winner to keep the League title battle going for another week at least as we then beat Hibs 8-0 to secure the league in the closest fight we've had for a long time.
Carrol injured in the last league game against Motherwell and will miss the Champions League final

Fixtures
View attachment 472414

Champions League

Semi Final 1st leg

Aberdeen 3-0 Chelsea
View attachment 472413

How vital was the last minute miss from the penalty spot by Chelsea's top scorer Adam Johnston

Semi Final 2nd leg
Chelsea 2-3 Aberdeen
Agg - Aberdeen 6-2 Chelsea
View attachment 472412

Suddenly victory in Europe has become easy after being awful in the group and having a threat of going out at group match 5 to the Champions League Final. In the final at Old Trafford we'll play Bayern Munich who we've beaten in 4 of our past 5 meetings including the 2020 champions league final

League
View attachment 472411
Season ends with 10 points less than last season and Celtic right on our tails. Lots of work to do in the summer. Motherwell ended up beating Rangers to 3rd place and cost Raheem Sterling as manager. While Airdrie had a great final 1/4 of the season once they were relegated.

Ross Carrol won the golden boot with 45 goals almost double the next best. I retain Manager of the Year just ahead of Stevie G.

Final Player stats
View attachment 472409

Another great season mate, hopefully rounded off with another CL. Whats the hall of fame like?

Hey i have not read this story in suuuch a long time, but does Loeffen still play? can you post a screenie of his stats and history and such? :)

Hey i have not read this story in suuuch a long time, but does Loeffen still play? can you post a screenie of his stats and history and such? :)

Despite only being 34 Loeffen has just retired in the game. I noticed while managing him at Holland he had a awful 2-3 seasons of injurys after i sold him which is a real shame. Even with that his record for Holland was great considering he was mostly a support striker and he still became the nations record scorer till **** Meeuws went goalscoring mad.

Loeffen! This is your life
View attachment 472154

Champions League Final 2035
From Old Trafford
View attachment 472147

Aberdeen Vs Bayern
View attachment 472146View attachment 472145

Teams
View attachment 472144

The Match

Aberdeen 1-2 Bayern AET
View attachment 472143

Bayern were the better side but its still sickening to loose like that. We took a lead early on thanks to our forward McCulloch who picked up a knock during the play. Bayern equalized and the match petted out to go to extra time where my old Dutch hero Meeuws scored the winner with 10 minutes to spare and gain revenge for Bayern's 2020 defeat.

Dunno how many pages ago since my last post but I as always think its 15 so her it goes......................

I HAD WELSH RAREBIT FOR MY TEA TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!
images

YUM YUM I SAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anywho - unlucky against Bayern, hope youre liking the new job, I take it you arent going to Razzers wedding on Saturday and of course Aitor Herrera was better than Loeffen

I like cheese.

MOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dunno how many pages ago since my last post but I as always think its 15 so her it goes......................

I HAD WELSH RAREBIT FOR MY TEA TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!
images

YUM YUM I SAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anywho - unlucky against Bayern, hope youre liking the new job, I take it you arent going to Razzers wedding on Saturday and of course Aitor Herrera was better than Loeffen

I like cheese.

MOOOOOOOOOOOO

Well well well it has been a while.

Job is ok. some things much better than Inverurie others much worse. Far too much paperwork and ******* about for my liking. Last manager didnt fill out a training card in the past 2 years!

Not invited to the Razzer of wedding probably helps i've seen him once in about 4 years

Should be going to Martins for a while but me and the other half are working all weekend so wont be staying too late. Take it you'll be thar?