STAND FREE WHEREVER YOU MAY BE - And you thought Celtic beating Barca was something!

October

Dinamo Fixture is my 1300th as Aberdeen Manager
Still unbeaten in Europe
Sackings galore. Hibs sack Phil Jones. St Johnstone sack Calum Elliot

Fixtures
View attachment 467719

Champions League
View attachment 467718
Another draw away in Europe means were 3rd but have our two rival to face at home and the donkeys of the group for the 2nd half

League
View attachment 467717
Rangers poor months see's them fall off the leading chase while i now see why Phil Jones was given the boot

Player of the Month
Liam Fotheringham
View attachment 467716

Scotlands "Greatest Centerback" now 32 years young and still a star for aberdeen. How much longer can he keep it up?

November

Motherwell's manager who dragged them from relegation battles to title fight leaves for Tottenham
Battle at the top gets closer

Fixtures
View attachment 467572

Champions League
View attachment 467571
Sociedad held us to a draw but a win against Inter meant we only need a result in Zagreb to get into the last 16

League
View attachment 467570
Were almost tied at the top with Celtic. This is setting up to be a great battle.

Player of the Month
Emiliano Lobo
View attachment 467569

Not Sheriff Lobo but im loving this guy! He's going to be a superstar.

December

A month of poor performances seen us sneak into the Champions League Last 16
Then drop behind Celtic in the League

Fixtures
View attachment 467567

Champions League
View attachment 467565
Inter beat Real Sociedad but its too little to late as we only just beat Dinamo to win the Group.

Last 16 Draw
View attachment 467566

Aberdeen get Shakhtar and Celtic draw Liverpool in the battle of Britain

League
View attachment 467564
Draws at Cowdenbeath and at home to Celtic see us swap places at the top.

Player of the Month
Amos Opara
View attachment 467563

Our latest African Gem. Has slowly come on leaps and bounds since he was picked up on a free from Dundee Utd. Wonder how much they regret that now.

January

Coutts spends another year in the World Team of the year
5 teams change manager for multiple reasons
Livingston Alan Johnston to Hull and hire Jamie Murphy
Hearts sack Steven Caldwell. Hire Tama Stepanenko
Motherwell's Matty Edwards to Spurs. Hire William Greene
Dundee Utd's Jon Bateson leaves to Hibs . Hire Rui Gorgulho

But the biggest manager change was former Cowdenbeath player Jon Robertson becoming Man Utd manager

Fixtures
View attachment 467562

League
View attachment 467561
Another 2 draws put the chances of a 19th title in a row in sever jeopardy

Player of the Month
Stuart Callaghan
View attachment 467560

The 21 year old is the future of Scottish football.

Transfer Window
Aberdeen smash transfer window again and again.

Andrea Luiz - MC
View attachment 467559
I tried to buy Luiz in the summer and had forgotten about him till Juventus put in a ?33m bid for him so i matched it and broke my transfer record to get him to add to my army of midfielders.

Dario Vinci - MR
View attachment 467558
While scouting through Argentine youngsters this guy was on the list. He's developed so much since being a u19 international and might be starting for me sooner than later.

February

Despite a draw at Parkhead our title challenge is back on!
All but through to the Quarter Final of the Champions League
New players are slowly settling in.

Fixtures
View attachment 467547

Champions League
View attachment 467546
Celtic upset Liverpool while we are all but through.

League
View attachment 467545
2 Way fight at the top and bottom while Livingston stay ahead of Rangers & Hearts

Player of the Month
Gavin Coutts
View attachment 467544

This is Coutts at the top of his game. Voted the best player in the world 3 years ago and selected in the world team of the year every year since.

March

New players settle in and we have a perfect month of results
Get to the Quarter finals in Europe and Semi finals of the Scottish Cup
Celtic suffer hangovers from Champions League matches

Fixtures
View attachment 467490

Champions League
View attachment 467486
All the group winners win except Leverkusen who were brushed aside by Real Madrid

Quarter Final & Semi Final draw
View attachment 467483
Chelsea await in the Quarter Finals where we also have a El Classico who we will face in the Semi Finals if we get there.

League
View attachment 467482
Celtic have a dodgy month mixed up in Champions League action and we take advantage to go top with the League group phase coming up.

Player of the Month
Martin McCulloch
View attachment 467481
Martin McCulloch has been in the Dons side for a decade now. Starting as a striker before dropping back to use his skills behind the lead striker, In a Ronaldo kind of role all be it with less goals and more assists. Might get back up front next season if he's lucky.

19 on the bounce now. If Celtic werent so close i'd be confident of getting 20 next year
I was just thinking it was the first time i had seen them getting so close to you, but it shows they have raised their game with their Europe performances, Whats your main aim for this save now or are you just playing it till FM14 never seen anyone commit to one story for so long keep it up!

I was just thinking it was the first time i had seen them getting so close to you, but it shows they have raised their game with their Europe performances, Whats your main aim for this save now or are you just playing it till FM14 never seen anyone commit to one story for so long keep it up!

I have had a few different idea's on what to do with the save. I have 2 or 3 ending in mind all could happen at different stages depending on what happens results & trophy wise. I hope i can reach the private goals i have left to do in the game. However since August i've had MUCH less time to play FM and thats just got worse as times gone on. 3 X Box games are out in the space of this month that i'll play, changed job so im working longer hours and traveling more and im hoping to move house soon so house hunting and getting the finances in place ect is taking up a lot of time too. The final nail in my spear time is when i get a day off usually Tuesday is spent with my Girlfriend then Sunday is sports TV day with F1, football then NFL taking up and beyond 18 hours.

Long story short im struggling to get time to play my save but once im done with this save the story will be done then i wont be back writing till a while after FM14 comes out and even then im not sure how much i'll be playing in 2014

April

Needed a brilliant performance to reach the Semi Finals in the Champions league
Aberdeen & Rangers both win 6-1 in there Semi Finals to reach the final

Fixtures
View attachment 467394

Champions League

Quarter Finals
View attachment 467393
My usual rivals Bayern Munich & Man City play each other in the other semi final while we'll face Barcelona

Semi Final
View attachment 467392
Loose Home & Away to Barcelona and go out. Man City will play Barca

League
View attachment 467391
Ourselves and Celtic both loose during April and set up a perfect ending. The league will be decided by the last 3 games. Kilmarnock are all but down at the bottom.

Player of the Month
Chris Parker
View attachment 467390
This was meant to be Parker's big season as he progressed into being the all star forward to match McCulloch. But a early season injury has seen him miss the last 5 months with a broken leg

May

We beat Celtic to take pole position in the league battle then thrash Rangers at Ibrox to secure the title.

Fixtures
View attachment 467270

League
View attachment 467269

That win with 3 games to go was the difference. Next season i want to get back to our old thrashing ways. Rangers find there way back to 3rd with Livingston just behind. After there relegation Kilmarnock went on a winning run. This always amusing.

View attachment 467268

phew.. finally up to date with this save... spent days at my workplace reading from page 1.

** standing ovation + salutations **
** clap clap **

where do you find the time and patience to do this.. u r fantastic...
the longest i ever last in a CM/FM game was only about 7 seasons.

I always find it hard to substain the form. Good form till Dec, but form always takes a turn for the worse come the new year.
It makes me want to go home and continue my Boro save.

I hope you can finally get tat elusive 100% season soon.

phew.. finally up to date with this save... spent days at my workplace reading from page 1.

** standing ovation + salutations **
** clap clap **

where do you find the time and patience to do this.. u r fantastic...
the longest i ever last in a CM/FM game was only about 7 seasons.

I always find it hard to substain the form. Good form till Dec, but form always takes a turn for the worse come the new year.
It makes me want to go home and continue my Boro save.

I hope you can finally get tat elusive 100% season soon.

I love it when i read someone has been spending there work time ready this story. No wonder the country's in recession lol

My longest save before this was 2011-2023 but i had Ronaldo at Inter and amazing regens. Apart from that i've only got passed 8 seasons 2 or 3 times in the 14 years I've played this game.

Don't know why I've stayed interested in this save so long. Last time i thought about ending it was June/July time when i decided i hadn't enough spare time between then and the new FM coming out to dive into the save i wanted too which turned out to be right.

End of Season 2035/36

Competition
SPL Winners - Aberdeen
Scottish Cup - Rangers 1-3 Aberdeen
Scottish League Cup - Hearts 3-0 Celtic
Champions League - Barcelona 2-0 Man City
Europa League - At Madrid 0-2 Man Utd

Dons Finance - 7th June 2036

Income - Main Changes
All Tickets = ?72m -?5m - Not sure how!
Players Out = ?31m -?68m

Total = ?223m -?80m

Massive drop. most of it was to do with selling less players but taking that out we fell ?20m short of last season even with big players arriving to boost merchandise sales.

Expenditure
Player Wages = ?43m +?14m
Staff Wages = ?8.2m + ?1.2m
*All Transfers fee's = ?87m +?67m
* Now includes Agent fee's

Total = ?323 +?84m

Almost all the transfer expenditure equaled our rise in income.

Weekly Wages Currently = ?994k +?380k
Wages go through the roof as i buy big. The true cost of this will be seen next season.

---Final Balance ---
Total = ?228m -?97m

As expected our losses were massive! However the club value grew by almost ?100m so that makes up for the real money loss.

Scots in Europe
Celtic - Champions League Last 16
Rangers - Europa League Last 16
Hearts - Europa League Last 32
Motherwell - Europa League Last 32
Dundee Untied - Europa League Group Phase
Hibs - Europa League 3rd Qualifier

Scotland is now ranked 5th in the Euro coefficient
View attachment 467205

Going into the summer
Don't imagine there will be massive changes but i think we might find space for 1 more superstar signing to push on in the Champions League.

Last edited:

Season Preview 2036/7
We want it all!

Summer News
Steven Gerrard leaves Celtic for Leverkusen and is replaced at Parkhead by Yann M'Villa.
Other big moves were David De Gea getting the Spain job and Javi Martinez taking over at European champions Barcelona.
Celtic and Rangers make well over ?30m in transfer market

Targets
SPL - Winner
Scottish Cup - Winner
Scots League Cup - Winner
Champions League - Final

Im going all out this season. i've a 25 man squad in the first team for the 1st time ever so no excuses!

Transfers
We pick up two u19's from two of the best youth academes

In

Marcos Schelotto - DL
View attachment 467107
Boca has been blessing the SPL with players over the last 5 years. Hopefully Marcos will be the next one.

Dejan Grnja - MC
View attachment 467106

The midfielder was signed for a mere ?1.4m from Dinamo

Out

Nothing to note. A few players leave on loan and a useless u19 was released.

1st team 2036
View attachment 467105

A few small changes. Defense is the same. In midfield Andre Luiz/ Eric Dacres & Coutts will fight over the 2 midfield spots with Callaghan. Ross Carrol drops to the bench and Marin McCulloch returns to be the lead striker with new winger Vinci starting on the right.

August

Celtic's slip up at home to Cowdenbeath leaves us clear at the top 4 games in. Rangers start slowly but Dundee Utd make the worst start of all.
McCulloch starts the season on fire with 7 goals including a hattrick
We add another youth team player.

Fixtures
View attachment 466758

Champions League Draw
Group A
View attachment 466757
Inter will be our rivals for top spot. The rest should cause much issues.

League
View attachment 466756
Perfect start. Lets see how long this goes on for

Player of the Month
Daniel Monnard
View attachment 466755

Still getting older and still clinging onto the No1 spot as he approaches his 900th game for the club. If it wasn't for his legendry status at the club I'd have replaced him long ago.

Transfer Window

We add one more youngster from the Boca youth team

Walter "Brett" Favre - MC
View attachment 466754
Promising stats. Not the greatest youth player i've ever found but worth a punt coming from Boca

September

Total breakdown in the league see us fail to win once.
Cup form is up to scratch however with 2 wins.

Fixtures
View attachment 466707

Champions League
View attachment 466706
A winning start against the weakest side.

League
View attachment 466705
What a horror show we had in the league this month. 2 draws and a defeat see the old firm catch up and get away. Seems to be as soon as i loose i game my interest in the league dwindles even with a 20th title on the line.

Player of the Month
Scott O'Neil
View attachment 466704

Now 24 the winger is not developing as fast as he was in his younger days but i will be sticking with his for the foreseeable future.