Is it weird to look at these European fixtures in various story's, being played out on a vide game; and think '******. That'd be a boss trip!' and bemoan missing out? Lol.

[/CENTER]

Hahaha! Football manager can do many things to your mind, the way its going I'm going to hate Danny Ings in real life when he comes back :p He keeps moaning on this! Need to remember its not actually him! haha

View attachment 210721
View attachment 210720
View attachment 210719

We've got our third win in three in Europe which means we are topping the group at the halfway stage. We controlled the game today but Gent forced us to have many long shots, we had a few chances in the first half but nothing clear cut. We actually went 1-0 down against the run of play but instantly hit back with a Joe Allen goal.

13 minutes from the end a lovely ball in from Moreno saw Markovic tap in at the backpost. A fully deserved win.

View attachment 210716

We are 3 points clear at the top of the group, and 6 points clear of not qualifying. With a game against Tel Aviv to come at home soon, which we should win, I'm 100% sure we will qualify for the last 32 now.

View attachment 986158View attachment 210708

View attachment 210709
We're beggining to make a habit of coming back from a goal down. The theme seems to be the same in the majority of our games at the moment. Yarmolenko marked his return from injury with two fine goals to give us the win. He really looks like he could be the buy of the year if we can keep him fit. He rips defences apart when he plays. We're beginning to rotate the squad more and more so we can benefit the whole of the team. One lad who isn't too happy is Danny Ings though, as he struggles to find any game time in the first team.

View attachment 210707
View attachment 210704
I really don't know what to do with Danny Ings. I like the lad, a lot. He's enthusiastic, he has energy, he's hungry for it. But right now he just isn't performing. He remind me a lot of Michael Owen in his day, just not as good as him yet. He's mad it known to me that he is frustrated with his lack of game time but how can I drop Daniel Sturridge right now?

When I do drop or rest Sturridge, Balotelli is the second option. I like Ings more than Mario, but a striker needs to get goals, and he's just not doing that right now. Balotelli isn't playing at the top of his game by any stretch, but he's certainly proving to be more of a threat than Ings right now.

I had a chat with him after a lot of thinking, I told him that he would get more playing time. Some of it will be off the bench, but I've told him he will start our next 2 European games. This is his window to impress, I just hope he does.

View attachment 210697

You are right to support Ings! After all who knows when crazy Mario starts showing his real (crazy) character again ? In my opinion use him as a starter in as many matches as you can. It is not easy for an attacker to show his worth when he does not play many games in a row.

View attachment 986202
View attachment 210673
View attachment 210672
It's a hard one to take today. We really had a chance to move into the top four with a win. And after putting ourselves 2-1 up after goals from Sturridge and Yarmolenko, we conceded a minute later. Our heads seemed to drop and we couldn't pick ourselves up.

Rondon buried home a lovely goal from about 30 yards out which really did sink us. We played rather well up until the equaliser. Manolas is in some really bad form, so it looks like I will have to drop him.

You are right to support Ings! After all who knows when crazy Mario starts showing his real (crazy) character again ? In my opinion use him as a starter in as many matches as you can. It is not easy for an attacker to show his worth when he does not play many games in a row.

I know! Balotelli's form has dropped recently so Ings will get his chance. I normally play one striker and with Sturridge being the man on form, I am struggling to find space for Ings right now, but he's going to get his chance in the European games!

View attachment 210670
View attachment 210668
View attachment 210667

A Mario Balotelli was the only thing separating us and Gent today, somehow. It's another win on the board in Europe though and that takes us to 4 wins out of 4. We fielded a much weaker team to the usual XI and they played extremely well. Ings had a bad day in front of goal yet again, he could be running out of time.

View attachment 210665

There was also a debut for young Toni Gomes. I opted to play 3 upfront and thought I would rest Sturridge, and thought this would be a good time to introduce the lad to the field. He played really well, missed a few chances but the ideas were there. What better way to start your career than with a win.

View attachment 210630

View attachment 210629

I decided to do a monthly update as I got a bit carried away with playing! We struggled to beat Leicester on a frustrating night at Anfield. Then we beat Sheffield Wednesday thanks to 2 Yarmolenko penalties. He continued his goalscoring form by smashing in all 4 against Sociedad in the Europa league. And we finished off the month with a hard fought win at White Hart Lane.

View attachment 210624

After a successful month of results, we finally climb into the top 4 at the expense of Arsenal. It's going to be tough to stay there but I'm expecting West Ham to drop off the pace sooner or later, so we may be ble to climb above them too. We're 10 points away from the top of the league and looking at our form so far this year I'm not sure we can compete for the title yet. It all depends if we can get some consistency going, which we will try to establish next month.

View attachment 210609
This will definitely be the toughest month of my managerial career to date. We face Man United, Everton and Chelsea, which will be a sign that we can really compete for a higher place if we win them games. With 7 Premier League games in one month, we're going to have to rotate the squad around. Let's hope we can.

View attachment 210605

Last edited:
View attachment 210553
View attachment 210551
View attachment 210549
How this was only 1-0 I don't know? We had an incredible 42 shots while we didn't even let them have one. We also had a huge 70% of the ball possession. Ibe was the only player who found the net although there should have been 5+ goals. Our conversion rate is really poor at the moment, but that win sees us win 6 out of 6 in Europe and comfortably finish top of the group.

United next, my biggest game as a manager.

I've been gone for a Day,why can i like your posts, Jamie ? :p
Tough month,good luck for december !

View attachment 986346
View attachment 210545
View attachment 210544
Get in! Absoloutely buzzing for the win. I hate Manchester United with a passion, and this is the game that matters most to myself and the fans. An own goal was the difference but we fully deserved it. What makes it even sweeter is that United were on a big unbeaten streak. Not anymore. Brilliant start to the month!

View attachment 210541
View attachment 210540
United's brilliant form before they met us. Now the chase is on!

View attachment 986376
View attachment 210525
View attachment 210524
A night of frustration at Anfield today as we failed to get the win we most definitely deserved. It seems every keeper we come up against has a worldy against us. I opted to start with Ings today as we needed pace and I wanted to rest Sturridge, I'm beggining to wonder why I bother with that lad. He's had enough chances now and I think I may have to get rid of him in January, he's simply not been good enough. I made the mistake of playing Markovic at wing back today, and it cost as Sissoko tapped in a goal due to his lack of defensive knowledge.

Did a Rodgers didn't I?

View attachment 986384
View attachment 210519
View attachment 210518
The best merseyside derby I've seen in a long time! Beating United and Everton in 7 days is brilliant for us! The way we did it was even better. A late goal to win the game is delightful. I was worried for a moment as 3 of our defenders were booked so early on in the game, but they didn't put a foot wrong after it.

I'm buzzing for the lads, and for the fans. I don't care about this new healthy football bollocks, I'm taking the lads for a pint!

View attachment 210515
We get a tricky draw in the last 32 of the Europe League. Schalke are the current German champions and although they are not up there right now in the league, they're no easy team to beat. But who said it was easy?

Things are going pretty well, you are pretty much dominating every game that you play it's just a shame that you aren't getting more goals. Schalke are tricky but I'd expect you to be able to beat them, playing away from home for the first leg also gives you a slight advantage.

Things are going pretty well, you are pretty much dominating every game that you play it's just a shame that you aren't getting more goals. Schalke are tricky but I'd expect you to be able to beat them, playing away from home for the first leg also gives you a slight advantage.

Yeah we seem to be outplaying the opposition, just not getting the goals to match the performance, I can imagine it will come in time!

I'm aiming to beat Schalke definitely! There are far easier draws though :p

Glad you're still reading!

A perfect week for you with those 2 wins! I'm backing you for the title (begrudgingly being a Chelsea fan :p)