Forget the quarter finals the Europa League trophie is doable ! And if you manage to shape it your defense a little bit why not winning the German League as well ! With your scoring potential everything is possible !

Forget the quarter finals the Europa League trophie is doable ! And if you manage to shape it your defense a little bit why not winning the German League as well ! With your scoring potential everything is possible !

Yeah I hope it is! Not being too optimistic yet :p

Bayern will push on now and dominate I'd imagine, and Shalke arent dropping many points. Being 8 points behind with only 10 games left would take some turnaround!

Yeah I hope it is! Not being too optimistic yet :p

Bayern will push on now and dominate I'd imagine, and Shalke arent dropping many points. Being 8 points behind with only 10 games left would take some turnaround!

You just need two draws from the above teams and it can happen ! Yeah it is tough but not rare ! To be honest I almost loose a tittle in fm like this ! It was in fm 14 with Milan where I was ahead with 9 points 11 games to finish line and I manage to win the league with Juve finishing second with just 2 points behind !!

View attachment 217137
View attachment 217136
View attachment 217135
Back down to earth today. It's been a brilliant run but it has come to an end. I'm not worried about that, it happens in football. I'm worried about the lack of character in our squad today. No one picked up the game by the scruff of the neck and pulled us out of the muck when we needed it. We were average. Hopefully someone can step up again when needed, but our head dropped today and no one could pick them back up.

To concede 2 goals and not score against a struggling Stuttgard proves why we can't be title contenders. We need to step up now and claim some points as Leverkusen are only behind us on goal difference now. I wan't Champions League football next year, not Europa. Speaking of Europa, its an away trip to Turkey next!

You just need two draws from the above teams and it can happen ! Yeah it is tough but not rare ! To be honest I almost loose a tittle in fm like this ! It was in fm 14 with Milan where I was ahead with 9 points 11 games to finish line and I manage to win the league with Juve finishing second with just 2 points behind !!

Well I've messed up any hopes of it now with our last performance, we would need a miracle!

However, miracles are possible. As Steven Gerrard knows....

Enjoying this so far! Been looking forward to reading this :)

Holy ****! Over 100 replies already! You don't mess around, do you?

Excuse me, I have some catching up to do...

Holy ****! Over 100 replies already! You don't mess around, do you?

Excuse me, I have some catching up to do...

Not a race my friend ;)

I'm loving the start of so many stories so far! Going to be a good year for FM Base!

View attachment 216962
View attachment 216961
View attachment 216960
Today shows exactly why that first leg was so important. We've lost our kick in front of goal lately. We're still making the chances but scoring goals is beginning to come a problem. We went 1-0 down to a superb finish by Barek Tilmaz today, and looked like we would struggle to get back in the game.

We give it a go, we had a lot of shots but just couldnt find the target, so it ended 1-0 and we would go into extra time. By this point I was worrying. The players looked tired and we really were on the backfoot. Schurrle scored 7 minutes into extra time as we just about scraped past. Now were through to the quarters, and its beginning to feel real.

View attachment 216959
View attachment 216958
Not the draw most would have wanted, but I'm pleased. If you want to win the cup normally you have to beat the best teams in it. I'd rather play Bayern now than in a final, a place they are so familiar with. Its going to be a really tough two games, and most probably Bayern will beat us over the two legs, but I've played in two legs against teams that should have beat me as a player. Chelsea, Juventus, Barcelona. Just because they have a better squad it does not mean its guaranteed.

We do really need to pick our game up though. We've really struggled to recap that early form in the last few games, a lot of it is down to squad depth. When I rest a player, I want someone to meet the standards of that player, the group we have now cannot. I need the summer window to come and I need some funds to be backed up with. Then I can tweak my squad.

You don't become a world class manager over night. I will be learning about things every day, just like you do as a player. I've made a solid start but we need to build on this. After our next game there is an international break, which will do good for some of the players. As some won't actually play, and they need to regain some fitness.

We play the home tie first at Bayern, so if we could manage to hit a few goals past them and win, we may just make the semi finals.

View attachment 216957
View attachment 216956
View attachment 216955
Another disappointing performance today. I can't emphasise enough how much we need some new players to help rotate the squad. It's been a tough few weeks with a heavy fixture list, so hopefully with two weeks off now the lads can catch a break.

We went 2-0 down for the second time this season, and the fact all the other top 3 clubs dropped points makes the loss that extra bit worse. I've spoke with the lads and told them not to let their heads drop and that we need to pick our form back up, let's just hope we do that.

I like it mate, it's really good. You?

Thanks man, startingn to lose that form from the beginning but it all makes for better reading :)

Not played it mate! Booking the week off to play in November for full release haha.

Hopefully this year the team reputation actually works. Win everything for 10 years on 15 and was still like the 5th best rep club on 4.5*. Made no sense.

Not played it mate! Booking the week off to play in November for full release haha.

Hopefully this year the team reputation actually works. Win everything for 10 years on 15 and was still like the 5th best rep club on 4.5*. Made no sense.

Haha ****** **** that's dedication!

Yeah it seemed to have a few flaws, but it's boring when you win EVERYTHING for 10 to 15 years anyway :p

Was going to say to focus on EL as the winner would be rewarded with automatic CL spot (and **** off BvB too :v ) but a Bayern draw will be tough for any team. Would like to see whether they would focus on bundesliga or field a full team on EL. Good luck

Was going to say to focus on EL as the winner would be rewarded with automatic CL spot (and **** off BvB too :v ) but a Bayern draw will be tough for any team. Would like to see whether they would focus on bundesliga or field a full team on EL. Good luck

Yeah it's a catch 22.

I'm aiming for the top 4 of Bundesliga at least, and then hopefully to win the EL.

If I prioritise one of them I could end up coming up short, so hopefully I can manage both. If I could sneak into third place that would be ideal, but that's going to be a hard task.

That's a good point about Bayern too! I will let you know!