Overal I'd say you had a pretty good start to your management career. Finishing fifth might seem disappointing but like you said you joined them after an appaling start so to have moved them up so close to a top 4 spot is an achievement in itself. Now you can strengthen the squad during the transfer window and I believe that you'll have a very realistic chance at getting a top 3 finish next year.

Yeah I think it was pretty good! Hopefully I can finish in that top 3 and then we can see what my managerial career brings then! I'd like to win a cup next year, especially as I've shown I can beat the top 3!

View attachment 216798
View attachment 216796View attachment 216795

The fixture list for the new season is out, and it hasn't been too kind to us at the start. In our first 4 games we face 3 of the top 4. While this could prove to give us a bad start to the season, we could also end up surprised by beating them. The fixture list has been much kinder at the end of the season too, meaning we may finish better than last season.

View attachment 216792

View attachment 216779

View attachment 216780

This is big news for us, and shows we are travelling in the right direction. Moving 17 places up the European rankings is something to be proud of. Here's to a new season and the hopes of moving even higher and becoming on of Europes elite clubs.

View attachment 216791

Here are the expectations myself and the club have agreed on. The minimun requirement for both of us is to regain Champions League status and get a top 4 finish, while I've been more optimistic about our chances in the Europa League after last year, and I'm aiming for at least a last 16 finish. In terms of the German Cup, the club would like us to reach the semi final. And while I want to win it, its a fair expectation so I've agreed with them rather than be overambitious. We have a lot of money to play with this year in my first transfer market, and we will be seeing some ins and outs.

View attachment 216790

Sadly for us, the first will be an out, and a crucial one at that. Player of the season Ricardo Rodriguez gets his dream move to the Premier League Champions, and who can deny him of that. He's been a perfect player for this team but he deserves to be at the heights of football, right now we can't compete at that level, so we wish him all the best. £33 million is a lot to add to our transfer budget, and now we can have a look at rebuilding the squad.

View attachment 216789

And finally, we've been drawn against Pfeddersheim in the German Cup, which we will no doubt win as they are a very small team, but it will be a wonderful experience for them.

View attachment 216786

Last edited:
View attachment 216781

With Man City looking for a new manager, it has definitely got me off my seat. Do I apply for such a job? would I be laughed at for even throwing my name in the hat?

I have noticed that Jurgen Klopp is the favourite to move there, if he did, that would open up a gap to join Liverpool. Surely they would consider me?

View attachment 216743

View attachment 216742

The rebuilding of the squad begins. We've brought in four players who are first team worthy for a small fee of £14 million. I'm delighted to announce my former team mate Lucas into our side, he can be crucial for us. Ben Arfa joins on a free which is brilliant for the wings. We've just taken Schalkes leading centre back Howedes off them for such a small fee, and what is probably the best value for money transfer yet is Manuel Fernandes for as little as £1.2 million. Some brilliant business has been made here.

View attachment 216740

We're recouping the money for all four of them signings by letting Max Kruse leave to Tottenham. Kruse didn't fit my style of play and with only 2 goals from 17 games under myself, it was time to let him go. We still have a lot of money in the bank for more signings.

View attachment 216739

But will I be here? Manchester City have offered an interview and if I managed to get offered the job, surely it would be too hard to turn down? I need to see what happens and speak to some close people for advice.

View attachment 216738

No way! See if Klopp takes City, then go for Liverpool! If not, stick at Wolfsburg IMO. :)

Gerrard the City boss? I dunno man.....Yeah why not!

Yeah it would be a strange move, still undecided :p

No way! See if Klopp takes City, then go for Liverpool! If not, stick at Wolfsburg IMO. :)

Yeah that would be my preference, I have a chance to do something at Wolfsburg so it's a big choice.

I don't know :(

:D

Stay with Wolfsburg

We will see! :)

Not yet!!!

That's my thinking exactly, still not made a decision yet!

I would honestly say go to City. Like, I get the whole story of Gerrard managing at Liverpool and all, but I would love to see you manage a few different clubs before you go to Liverpool. That's just my opinion :)

Join city and imagine rodriguez says 'are you that desperate to have me in your team ?' Lol :v

Enjoying it so far ! Keep it up, made an account just to comment

View attachment 972652

Gerrard to stay at Wolfsburg

View attachment 216548
Steven Gerrard will remain the Wolfsburg manager after playing down talks of him following Ricardo Rodriguez to Manchester City. Gerrard and his Wolfsburg side finished 5th in the league after narrowly missing out on Champions League football on goal difference. Most are surprised by the news that Gerrard has declined the offer from Manchester City, although it is typical of the former Liverpool man not to jump ship because a bigger club comes along. We spoke to Steven on his decisions.

"It's an honour to get that recognition so early and to be offered the job, but I want to honour my legacy at Liverpool and moving to one of their rivals wouldn't be doing that. I'm at a very early stage of my managerial career too, and I know how quickly I will be sat unemployed if a few results go the wrong way. I'm happy here too and I think by the signings we've made it shows the direction we are moving. There's another big one to come too. I'm excited for the new season."

Gerrard has already made 4 signings this season and with this news it looks like he is bringing in some more.

Hurry up mate!!!!

I wt you stay at Wolfsburg personally

Your prayers have been answered!

I would honestly say go to City. Like, I get the whole story of Gerrard managing at Liverpool and all, but I would love to see you manage a few different clubs before you go to Liverpool. That's just my opinion :)

I think City is too big of a jump already, joining the Champions would have put this story a bit too far forwards already. Don't worry I have plans to manager around before Liverpool :)

Join city and imagine rodriguez says 'are you that desperate to have me in your team ?' Lol :v

Haha I know! Would be a good fit though with him there, he's brilliant.

Enjoying it so far ! Keep it up, made an account just to comment

Thanks mate :) Glad to have you here!

Everything, but not CITY... :S

Looks like youll be pleased!