Haha ****** **** that's dedication!

Yeah it seemed to have a few flaws, but it's boring when you win EVERYTHING for 10 to 15 years anyway :p

Haha I never book time off work unless I'm doing something like going away but this year I have loads of days left to use so thought why not!

Haha winning never got boring ;), bring in youngsters and set different targets!

If you ask me there is no need for serious changes in the team. You have a pretty solid squad. Keep Bendtner when he returns as a backup (he is not so rubbish) in order to keep money so as to invest in buying a better keeper than and maybe one more central defender. Apart from these you are ok.

View attachment 216954

Can We Talk?

View attachment 216953
It's been playing on my mind a lot recently about the lack of depth we have in our squad. It really does remind me of some times I had at Liverpool. While United had Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez and Berbatov as striker options, we had Torres who was fantastic. But second to him was David N'gog, and you just can't compete with the big teams for the whole season with that.

I don't want that to be the same here. We have a really good starting XI who deserve more than they're getting right now. When theyre all fit and play together they are brilliant, but once you take a few players out they don't play to that standard, and that's because of the lack of quality in our squad depth. I've played Origi a few times and he's miles behind Schurrle.

When you take Naldo or Dante out of the team, which you need to do because they are both in their 30's. We really struggle. I need to invest in a defender who can fill that gap when needed, and who will take over their place when their time is up. The problem is, not many good defenders are willing to do that. So I need someone who can challenge them for their place in the strating XI.

I've asked Francisco Garcia to meet me while the players are with the national teams so we can have a chat. I need to know if were looking at pushing Wolfsburg into the same direction.

"Hi boss, I've got a concern and I need some reassurance about this because its worrying me, what are your plans for this club?"

"What concern? To move forward Steven, you and I know that. We want to be where we are every year, and maybe get a little better every season and try to play in the Champions League."

"Great. But we don't have the squad to compete with the best teams in the league for the whole season, only for the game. This squad needs a lot of work to it, we need more players. Can we buy them in the summer?"

"Of course we can, within our budgets. You can get however many players you want"

"Within our budgets? I think we may need to push further than our budget just for this one window, and then the success will come itself."

"Steven listen, if you get in the top three and win the Cup, you can have as much money as you want. Prove to me why I can put that faith in you, and I will."

I couldn't help but be ****** off as I left. I get what he was saying but prove why he should put faith in me? I think I've done enough so far. Let's hope these budgets are more than I think they will be.

Last edited:
If you ask me there is no need for serious changes in the team. You have a pretty solid squad. Keep Bendtner when he returns as a backup (he is not so rubbish) in order to keep money so as to invest in buying a better keeper than and maybe one more central defender. Apart from these you are ok.

It's not as good as you think, the way I play means I need 2 solid midfielders, another striker probably because I'm not a huge fan of Kruse, and then a centre back is needed. It's not the starting XI, it's the depth!

View attachment 216943
View attachment 216942
View attachment 216941View attachment 216940
That's exactly what we needed! A huge 6-1 win days before the Bayern game to boost our morale. I've changed the tactics around today so we not have someone playing just behind the striker, and it seemed to work well. Bas Dost was back to his best with 2 goals, and missed a penalty which could have got him his second hat-trick of the season.

We were 4-0 up in 20 minutes, it reminded me of when Liverpool dominated Arsenal in the first 20 minutes at Anfield. But today we would go onto score more. I brought Origi and Draxler on for the second half and they both scored. Now we just have to hope we can dismantle the Bayern Munich side half as much as we did to Hannover.

Brilliant result.

View attachment 216920
View attachment 216919
View attachment 216918
We've beat Bayern today but the result means we need to realistically score at the Allianz Arena. Bayern rarely go a game without a goal. We did show today that we can match them with our strongest squad. Dost instantly fired us into the lead and then Caliguiri banged in a second.

We couldn't do much about their goal. The sheer brilliance of Robert Lewandowski is something else, as he fired home a shot from outside the box. There was no stopping it. Our next two games are crucial now. We have an away trip to Leverkusen which could define our season in the league, and then an away trip to Bayern Munich which will decide our fate in the Europa League. We need to win one of them.

All in all today was a very pleasing performance and we fought until the end against one of Europes biggest teams. If we can manage a result like that in the second leg I make us favourites to win the competition.

View attachment 216908
Oh ****!
View attachment 216907
We have been given the worst news as a team, both Luis Gustavo and Ricardo Rodriguez will miss the second leg of the Quarter Final due to suspension. Both have accumulated too many yellow cards. It's a real blow. They're both key to how we play. But we're going to have to sort some other options out.

Hopefully Vierihina can return to full fitness and do a job at left back for us. Gustavo will be replaced by Guilavogui and then we can bring Maximilian Arnold back into the fold. This makes the game twice as tough now.

View attachment 216900
View attachment 216899
View attachment 216898
What a shambles. Luiz Gustavo let it the frustration of his suspension get to his head and his tackle was unexcusable. He was sent off straight away and that was that. We managed to get a goal back but to hold on with 10 men was hard, and towards the end of the game you could see that. He's let his whole team down, but I've been there. I've done it myself. I've just got to put an arm around him and make sure he knows what he's done.

The problem is, this is now the situation:

View attachment 216897

With 5 games left its going to be a job to turn this around, and were going to have to hope results go in our favour. Because we have a hard run in now.

View attachment 216896

We play the two top teams in the league, and have two tough away games, while trying to juggle the Europa League. I'm beginning to feel stressed. Leverkusen have a much easier run to the end of the season too:

View attachment 216895

Only one out of five of them are in the top half of the league. If I was a betting man, I would be putting my money on Leverkusen right now.

View attachment 216894

View attachment 216893
View attachment 216892
Heartbreak. We actually took to lead in the game through a Draxler goal, but then the nerves kicked in. Bayern were absoloute class all game, and we managed to defend really well in the first half. We conceded our first early into the second, and again started defending well.

They hit shot after shot at us but we were hanging in there, until Douglas Costa equalised. I told the lads to get back at them and ****** a goal, but some brilliance from Gotze meant that we couldnt manage it. We lost and go out of the Europa, and our season seems to be collapsing.

View attachment 216887
View attachment 216886
View attachment 216885
Could this be a sign that were meant to be in the top 4? To come back from a goal down against the league leaders and win the game takes some doing. Leverkusen won too so were still a point behind, but this shows were not out yet. I brought Dost ff the bench for a really poor Kruse, and he scored a lovely volley right at the death to win it. We now have 4 more finals in our eyes, we need to win all of our games.

View attachment 216882
View attachment 216881
View attachment 216880
Today is a huge win for us. We really are showing that we will no give up until the end, and were now directly right behind Leverkusen and Dortmund. We went into half time with a 3-0 lead and were comfortable. I asked if they could go out and get some more goals, just in case it came down to goal difference and they really did push on.

We hit the woodwork a few times and forced some good saves, but it looked to stay 3-0. That's until Schurrle pulled out a fantasic 6 minute hat-trick to see us win 6-0. We're breathing down our rivals necks now.

View attachment 216862
View attachment 216859
View attachment 216858
One step forward, two steps back. It's hard to take, but this could just be the game that has put the nail in our coffin for the season. Which hurts because I feel like we have deserved more for our efforts. We need 6 points from a tough game at Mainz and a home game to Bayern to have a realistic chance of Champion League, and that's a huge ask.

View attachment 216857
Is it possible? It doesn't look so. We need Dortmund or Leverkusen to lose and then we need to pick up the six points. Anything can happen in football so I'm not writing us off just yet. It's still possible.

Too bad about losing to Bayern over two legs but to be fair you did pretty well, honestly very surprised that Bayern didn't make the cut in the Champions League. Looks like it's going to be a very close finish in the Bundesliga here's hoping you'll get into a Champions League spot.

Too bad about losing to Bayern over two legs but to be fair you did pretty well, honestly very surprised that Bayern didn't make the cut in the Champions League. Looks like it's going to be a very close finish in the Bundesliga here's hoping you'll get into a Champions League spot.

I know! Hard to put up a fight with the squad they had!

It's gotten extremely close hasn't it! It's just a shame were still throwing away easy points here and there, got some more learning to do about this years FM it seems!

View attachment 971849

Rodriguez Hands In Transfer Request
View attachment 216846
It has been confirmed today by Wolfsburg manager Steven Gerrard that Ricardo Rodriguez has handed in a transfer request at the club. Rodriguez, 23, has been heavily linked with Manchester City and is keen on a move at the end of the season. City are 1 win away from winning the Barclays Premier League and look set on bolstering their defensive options for next season, as left back seems to be a weak point in their team.

However, City would have to fork up £35 million says Steven Gerrard, who doesn't value him any less.

"He's a world class player. He's one of our star men so he's not going for cheap. Everyone has heard the reports and it's been leaked that he has a £35 million release clause, so if they want him they will have to pay it. I value him at more myself, he's a great lad and I'd like to keep him here, but sometimes you cant stop these things. You look t Kevin last year and the same move materialised, I'm hoping he will stay but ultimately the decisions are on him and Man City's manager, it's up to them to make the bid, and then we will talk again with Ricardo."

Manchester City have yet to make a bid for Rodriguez, but will be expected to at the end of the season.

That's a blow, Rodriguez is a **** of a player :(

He is mate, the best player in our squad! If City don't bid then hopefully we can keep him, but he said he wants to go!

£35 million is a lot for a left back though!

View attachment 216830

Season Review
View attachment 216829
We finished off the season with a disappointing loss against Mainz which meant unless Dortmund lost to bottom of the league on the last game, we could not qualify even if we beat Bayern. We did beat Bayern, with a last minute dost goal, but unfortunately Dormund drew and they take fourth spot.

View attachment 216827
What feels like a poor season due to our position does still have its positives. We were 8 points away from winning the league. Which is quite the achievement considering we were 9th when I joined. Schalke won the league which was refreshing for German football too. Next season we need to aim at that top 3. No matter how hard it is.

View attachment 216826
On a personal level I believe it was a good start to my managerial career. I managed 23 games and only lost 5 of them. We played some extremely good football and came out with some brilliant results. There are always improvement to be made but this has been a solid start for me.

View attachment 216824
Ricardo Rodriguez may look like he's leaving but the left back was voted as our player of the season, and rightly so. His pace and energy down the wing was something else, and he performed well defensively too. I'd go on to say apart from Alaba and Alba he may be the best Wing back on that left side.

Caligiuri won goal of the seson with his superb effort against Ingolstadt. It's fair to say he also had a brilliant season for us, as did Dost and Schurrle. With some work we can change this squad into title challengers.

View attachment 216817

Last edited:
Overal I'd say you had a pretty good start to your management career. Finishing fifth might seem disappointing but like you said you joined them after an appaling start so to have moved them up so close to a top 4 spot is an achievement in itself. Now you can strengthen the squad during the transfer window and I believe that you'll have a very realistic chance at getting a top 3 finish next year.

View attachment 216816
Schalke After Dost?
View attachment 216815

This isn't good news. I like Dost, he's played a pivital role in how we've played this season, and losing him would leave me looking for a goalscorer, as I can't rely on Kruse.

View attachment 216813

After speaking to Dost for quite some time, it appeared he wants that reassurance that he will be a key player in the squad. I think because it took me a while to play him over Kruse and before I arrived he was mainly a super sub, then it was tough for the Dutchman. I've assured him that he's definitely a huge part of my plans next season, and I've offered him a new contract. Now it's just whether he accepts it.

View attachment 216812

A £10,000 a week wage rise and a Key Player squad status has been accepted by Dost and his Agent, now he just needs to put pen to paper and he will be with us next season. Which would already be a huge boost to our chances.

View attachment 216811