Stone Cold Steve Journeyman. Revisiting all my former clubs

May

Fixtures
View attachment 73176
After drawing the middle game of our trequal with Man City was the only hold up in our final League games as we win the final 3 games.

Premiership Table
View attachment 73173
Man Utd win the league by a mile with next to nothing between Man City, Tottenham and ASTON VILLA!!!!! Thats right we're in the top 4 and have a Champions League spot. This will become a automatic place if we can win the Europa League

Europa League Semi Finals

1st Leg
Inter 1-2 Aston Villa
View attachment 73171
We went to Milan and after going down to 10 men Michy Batshuayi scored what would be the winning goal on the night giving us an away goal lead for the 2nd leg

Man City are also leading there game, Could we have a all English final?
View attachment 73168

2nd Leg
Aston Villa 1-0 Inter
Aston Villa win 3-1 on Agg
View attachment 73165
We went more defensive for the 2nd leg know we just had to keep Inter from scoring to reach the final and on the hour our counter attacking ways put us a goal clear on the night and despite not really effecting anything, Inter still needed 2 goals but got non and we'll be in the final.

Man City also held on and will be heading back to Porto's Estadio Do Dragao for the final
View attachment 73164

Europa League Final 2020

View attachment 1139668View attachment 1139668

From Estadio Do Dragao
View attachment 73159

Man City vs Aston Villa

View attachment 73158 View attachment 73157
Two of the Premiership's top 4 will fight it out in there final games of the season. Both sides are already into teh group stages of next seasons Champions League so its all about man City trying to win there first European trophy ever, while Villa look to add to there Champions Cup and Super League wins in 1982.

Match
Man City 0-2 Aston Villa
View attachment 73156
An amazing night in Portugal seen Villa complete the European collection. It was all started by Man Utd forward Marcus Rashford with his 22nd and final goal for the club put us on our way against a particularly poor Man City. Despite not being at there best Man City were right in the game until the 84th minute when breakthrough player Andre Green's evolution from a Championship forward to the man who secured the Europa League for Villa

Season 3 Review 2019/20

Premiership Review
View attachment 72795
Man Utd win the league at a canter. They dropped plenty of points towards the end of the year but the title was won months ago and they would ad the FA with a Extra Time winner over Man City. Man City's late charge to 2nd ahead of Tottenham led by Harry Kane's 30 goal golden boot campaign. Chelsea, Southampton and Newcastle get the Europa League spots with Liverpool 8th, and Arsenal 10th missing out on Europe all together and sacking there managers at the end of the year. Will they help open a new job for me? Wolves had a solid 1st season back in the top flight but Swansea Keep up there yo-yo form and go back to the championship with top 10 teams Everton and Leicester going down that should mean players at a knock down price.

Managers
View attachment 72794
The bottom 3 all change there manager but non benefited. West Ham replace Bilic with Mancini. Could be a good move long term

Premiership Player of the year
Anthony Martial
View attachment 72793
3rd season in a row a Man Utd player is the player of the year

Premiership Young Player of the year
Anthony Martial
View attachment 72792
The Frenchman does the double!

Premiership Top Scorer
Harry Kane
View attachment 72791
His 4 golden boot in 5 seasons, The one season he didnt win he was 2 goals behind Morata

Team of the year
View attachment 72790
As expected its a Man Utd heavy team with only Hazard, Kane & Keita make the team.

World review
View attachment 72789
Barcelona just beat out Atletico to the title with Real well back in 3rd. The shock of the season was Atletico Pampiona beating out Malaga to 17th and sending Malaga to the second division. Ronaldo was beaten to the Golden boot by Simone Zaza jsut to cap off a miserable season for Real Madrid
Napoli retain the title with Juventus right on there tails. Fiorentina have there best season since the Batistuta days ahead of the Milan giants
Celtic restored order in the SPL winning the league by a mile and i owe Charlie Christie a huge apology as he took Aberdeen from the bottom to 3rd place. Two teams go down Kilmarnock & Hamilton. Falkirk & Inverness come up.

Champions League
Chelsea 1-0 Man Utd
View attachment 72788
Extra time worked for Man Utd in the FA Cup final but it worked the other way with the Champions League final as Willian got revenge for the 2008 final and stopped Man Utd winning another treble. Sack Jose!

Aston Villa Squad
View attachment 72787
Batshuayi will go down as signing of the season while i expect a lot of interest in Andre Green after he like Brad Smith really stepped up in the Premiership and Europe.

Especially Green who was the Europa League player of the year
View attachment 72786

Aston Villa Fans player awards
Andre Green
View attachment 72785

Club Finances
£87m +£69m
View attachment 72784
What a difference Premier League Money makes!

Late season news
View attachment 72783
View attachment 72782

Of course all available jobs that i cant take up are offered to me.

Season 4 - Aston Villa

Maybe my last season at the club i say again. The save becomes less of a journeyman save when your at a team for a 4th season! No matter what happens i'll take the next available former team that comes up.

Euro 2020
France 2-1 Germany
View attachment 72505
Anyone who know's the depth of the French team will not be shocked by the winner. Italy, Spain and Portugal managers paid the price of failure but non opened up jobs at clubs i'm looking at

Pre Season 2020/21
View attachment 72504
Draws with Tottenham and the mighty Antwerp were surrounded with big wins over some of Europa finest

Pre Season Prices
View attachment 72503
Last season we were expected to be fighting relegation this time the bookies think we can stay in the top 7.

Aston Villa Squad
View attachment 72502

Aston Villa Transfers
View attachment 72501
Much quieter window this time round where we did more than our share of selling. So Far, I do plan to go back into the transfer market before August is over to add another attacking option perhaps.

IN

DC Paulo Diaz
View attachment 72500
Only signed as a back up i can see Diaz becoming a key player once he's up to speed

Matteo Darmian
View attachment 72499
Signed as a back up for the wing backs

Two youths are bought and out on loan
View attachment 72498View attachment 72497

Out
4 Members of last years first team are sold of at very inflated prices. We started off with Chelsea bidding £19m for my back up keeper Bruno Varela so after a brief chuckle he was on his way. The biggest move of the summer was Nahuel Leiva, the only player i didnt have to actively sell moved to Russia for £33m. Usually one of the starting 3 but with our current depth in the position he was expendable. The final two were part of the original squad, Connor Hourihane £19.5m & James Chester £5m are both easily replaceable for a fraction of the price, Last 3 players from the 2017 squad are Keinan Davis, Jake Doyle-Hayes and of course Andre Gray.

Premiership Transfers
View attachment 72496
The big teams were spending money as usual. Chelsea top the list spending £90m on David Alaba with Man City buying Jose Gimenez, Geronimo Rulli and Toni Lato for a total £150m and Man Utd getting the deal of the window. Marco Asensio for a meager £53m. Real Madrid also spent £48m on a Southampton defender. Are they going back to the Woodgate days?

World Transfers
View attachment 72495
The rest of the world gets to work in August and of course its PSG spending like Man City on a bender £190m on there top 3 signings as well as selling a former Monaco defender to Monaco for £39m

Away from FM-Base over Christmas to come back to a 4th place finish and automatic Champions League qualification after winning the Europa League!...Holy ****. Well played! This story just keeps getting better and better.

European Super Cup Final 2020

View attachment 72347

Chelsea vs Aston Villa

View attachment 72346 View attachment 72345

English teams own European Footballs biggest prizes. So who will be the champions of champions

Chelsea 2-3 Aston Villa
View attachment 72352
Villa overcome a horribel start to the second half where we conceded 2 goals in 2 minutes to come back and score a 3rd goal to win our 6th trophy in the last 2 years.

Last edited:

August

We are only 3 games into the seasons but already i think i've shot Villa in the foot by not adding new players to the squad after 3 league games where we could have lost them all

Fixtures
View attachment 72244

Premiership Table
View attachment 72243
We won our first 2 games but finally came undone by Bournemouth

Champions League Draw
View attachment 72242
With the top 3 seeds all draw group A was by a mile the best group and we were lucky enough to land up there, European football after Christmas is now a possibility

September

After our disastrous start i reverted to my more familiar 3 man midfield and by god did that make a difference.

Fixtures
View attachment 72201
5 wins across 3 competitions thrashing top 7 team Liverpool along the way is clearly the highlight

Premiership Table
View attachment 72199
Our near perfect start see;s us 2 goals clear of Man City at the top with Man Utd and Chelsea just a point behind. Batshuayi's determined to take a golden boot this time!

Champions League
View attachment 72198
2 Games 2 Wins 2 clean sheets. Double header with Dortmund will sort out if were boys or men at this level

never seen anyone describe 2 wins, 1 defeat and winning the community shield as disastrous, but good to see you firing!

never seen anyone describe 2 wins, 1 defeat and winning the community shield as disastrous, but good to see you firing!

In the 3 league games we were abysmal and playing utter trash. A quick tactic change seems to have done the job though

October

3 league game without a win. Still loosing to big teams, Man Utd and Chelsea. We finally did manage to beat a top 6 team winning at home to Tottenham but they got there revenge beating us on penaltys in the League Cup

Fixtures
View attachment 72089
I can actually overlook a lot of our performances. Man Utd was a 3-2 game when we went gung-ho, Chelsea won a game that could have gone either way.

Premiership Table
View attachment 72088
Man Utd return to the top spot with Chelsea and Man city in tow. We are tied with Liverpool & Newcastle in 4th. Luis Enrique has yet to work any magic at Arsenal who are still a 10th place team.

Champions League
View attachment 72087
Only one European game and it totally worked in our favor with Benfica winning there first game as we won our 3rd to move 6 points clear. A win in Dortmund will secure a last 16 spot and if Zenit and Benfica draw as well we'll have top spot.

October

3 league game without a win. Still loosing to big teams, Man Utd and Chelsea. We finally did manage to beat a top 6 team winning at home to Tottenham but they got there revenge beating us on penaltys in the League Cup

Fixtures
View attachment 1140914
I can actually overlook a lot of our performances. Man Utd was a 3-2 game when we went gung-ho, Chelsea won a game that could have gone either way.

Premiership Table
View attachment 1140915
Man Utd return to the top spot with Chelsea and Man city in tow. We are tied with Liverpool & Newcastle in 4th. Luis Enrique has yet to work any magic at Arsenal who are still a 10th place team.

Champions League
View attachment 1140916
Only one European game and it totally worked in our favor with Benfica winning there first game as we won our 3rd to move 6 points clear. A win in Dortmund will secure a last 16 spot and if Zenit and Benfica draw as well we'll have top spot.

I just cant seem to get a tactic to work first season with villa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just cant seem to get a tactic to work first season with villa

I was exactly the same! almost got sacked twice either side of christmas. Finally got going with 5 at the back with wing backs then depending on who we were playing went 5-3-2 or 5-2-3

Looking good mate!

Got your eye on any players?

Leaving it till December. Hopefully a job will come up before then.

I was exactly the same! almost got sacked twice either side of christmas. Finally got going with 5 at the back with wing backs then depending on who we were playing went 5-3-2 or 5-2-3

Managed to get 5-2-3 working really well just thinking of who to sign in january now

Hi Stonecold..... is there any way of getting a download link or screenshots of your current tactics?? struggling for consistency with 5-3-2

thank you so much mate.... hate to be a pain but what changes do you make between this and the 5-2-3 that you play??

thank you so much mate.... hate to be a pain but what changes do you make between this and the 5-2-3 that you play??

2 MC's are both Ball Winning
3 ATT - 2 Playing off the striker rolls, DLF, SS just whatever suits the player
- Main central striker is AF or CF, again whatever the players preference is.

As with all tactics in Fm nowadays non of these are plug and play. They all depend on the players you have and one change may require changes to the base set up. My instructions change slightly to the opponent. Example if team is playing no wide attacking players i'll change our width to WIDE to beat them where there weak

2 MC's are both Ball Winning
3 ATT - 2 Playing off the striker rolls, DLF, SS just whatever suits the player
- Main central striker is AF or CF, again whatever the players preference is.

As with all tactics in Fm nowadays non of these are plug and play. They all depend on the players you have and one change may require changes to the base set up. My instructions change slightly to the opponent. Example if team is playing no wide attacking players i'll change our width to WIDE to beat them where there weak

Any suggestions who to sign after first season?

Ive just been promoted also do you always play green at st? And do you fit grealish in anywhere?