Summer Transfer Market Predictions?

• Thread starter Thread starter Kylo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 331
  • Views Views 24K
Hopefully the Aguero to Chelsea link is just media speculation and he actually comes to United..

Hope we don't spend £30M on Benzema, he'd just flop. I think he proved when he went to Madrid that he was in it for the money and not the football. If we do spend big money on a striker, I hope it's on Sergio Aguero he and Rooney up front could prove deadly.
I'd like to see us get in a creative midfielder as well, and I've seen a few times in a few different newspapers the last few days that Fergie is looking to bring in Stephen Ireland from City for £15M.

aguero has said a number of times chelsea is the place he wants to go so i hope utd dont get him otherwise i will be well annoyed lol

Yeah, but what players say and what players do these days doesn't really stand for anything.

aguero has said a number of times chelsea is the place he wants to go so i hope utd dont get him otherwise i will be well annoyed lol
to be honest i dont think he has a preference for either, he wants to test himself at the highest level, but he will never join real for obvious reasons. chelsea would be in the driving seat for any deal finanically i but wouldnt rule out united. i can actually see us getting aguero and you getting pato, who had a great relationship with ancelloti

That's a great shout. I don't think Pato would join United as he wouldn't really suit our style of quick football, whereas he knows Ancelotti's style of play and Ancelotti knows his. I could definately see you getting Pato in the summer and us taking the Argentine.

That's a great shout. I don't think Pato would join United as he wouldn't really suit our style of quick football, whereas he knows Ancelotti's style of play and Ancelotti knows his. I could definately see you getting Pato in the summer and us taking the Argentine.

i want chelsea to buy both pato and aguero lol i bought em both on fifa in manager mode but stuck on the bench because of drogba and my virtual pro lol

I'd like to see us get in a creative midfielder as well, and I've seen a few times in a few different newspapers the last few days that Fergie is looking to bring in Stephen Ireland from City for £15M.

if you could get him for that price it would be a great deal

Martin Jol has confirmed that Tottenham have shown interest in Ajax striker Luis Suarez, but claims it would take a record bid from the London club to prize him away from the Dutch side (Sky Sports News)

Martin O'Neill has ruled out James Milner moving to Manchester United in the summer (so he's probably going to join) :)

Kris Boyd to transfer to Sunderland in £12.75million deal.

ROFLMAO :)

He's on a free mate and I'd imagine he'd go to Birmingham over Sunderland

As if he would ever consider joining United :S

Yeah I'm sure I heard somewhere that he used to play for United at the academy and we let him go so he went to City and hasn't looked back since. I'd rather someone else as well especially for £15M.

We need a much better midfeilder than Ireland
If we're gonna be spending money we should go for Sneijder

I'd love to see Van Der Vaart personally..

Dunno if these have been said already but, Arsenal to sign Joe Hart or Lloris, N'Zogbia and Chamakh and a few young faces to boot

Some gossips from BBC Sport Official Site.

• Barcelona are mulling over a move for Arsenal left-back Gael Clichy. The Catalan giants could offer about £10m for a player they tried to sign last summer.
  • Aston Villa's determination to hang on to midfielder James Milner will be tested by a £24m bid from Manchester City.
  • Everton are set to tie down midfielder Steven Pienaar to a new big-money contract to ward off interest from Tottenham and Manchester City.
  • Manchester City have admitted an interest in Benfica duo Angel di Maria and Oscar Cardozo. It is believed release clauses in the pair's contracts mean they could be signed for a combined £88m.
  • Wigan chairman Dave Whelan has admitted that the club will not fight to keep striker Hugo Rodallega and midfielder Charles N'Zogbia should a big club make an offer for either of the sought-after pair this summer.
  • Manchester City striker Craig Bellamy's relationship with manager Roberto Mancini has reached breaking point, with the Wales international wanting a move from Eastlands in the summer if the Italian remains in charge.
  • Liverpool are weighing up an offer for Bolton defender Gary Cahill. Reds boss Rafael Benitez believes £12m may be enough to prise the 24-year-old away from the Reebok Stadium.
  • Birmingham City boss Alex McLeish wants to take Manchester United goalkeeper Ben Foster on loan next season.
  • Everton are close to wrapping up a deal to sign 24-year-old Standard Liege striker Dieumerci Mbokani.
  • Blackburn are hoping to seal a £5m deal with Lech Poznan for Poland international striker Robert Lewandowski.
  • Arsenal midfielder Fran Merida is set to head to Atletico Madrid at the end of the season when his contract with the Gunners runs out.
  • Manchester United are chasing Newcastle's 17-year-old Slovenian midfielder Haris Vuckic, who has made three first-team appearances for the Magpies this season.
  • West Ham manager Gianfranco Zola will be replaced by former England boss Steve McClaren, currently in charge of Dutch side FC Twente, at the end of the season if the Hammers stay up.

Yeah I'm sure I heard somewhere that he used to play for United at the academy and we let him go so he went to City and hasn't looked back since. I'd rather someone else as well especially for £15M.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Ireland

I know it's only Wiki but it's pretty reliable, he probably trialled at United before going to City. But to be honest I can't see Fergie being interested, he'll probably look abroad..

the aguero quote looks pretty sound to me. he even mentions he wants to live in london and would love to play with players like lamps and drogs.

I personally don't see United or Chelsea buying any world class players this summer tbh.

Back