Tactics & Training: The " I have a small question " thread

TheBetterHalf's

Where can i find the role?

---------- Post added at 03:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 AM ----------

Another question: I want my wing backs to pass the ball to my midfielders, they tend to pass it alot backwards to the cb or forward to the inside forward, same with dm most of his passes goes backwards, i want him to link the defence and midfield so that he gets the ball from a defensive player (cb's and wb's) and pass it on to xavi or iniesta or the two cm's generally, sometimes he passes it to messi instead to the closer two. also how can i prevent long balls and how can i give my players more passing options?

Where can i find the role?

---------- Post added at 03:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 AM ----------

Another question: I want my wing backs to pass the ball to my midfielders, they tend to pass it alot backwards to the cb or forward to the inside forward, same with dm most of his passes goes backwards, i want him to link the defence and midfield so that he gets the ball from a defensive player (cb's and wb's) and pass it on to xavi or iniesta or the two cm's generally, sometimes he passes it to messi instead to the closer two. also how can i prevent long balls and how can i give my players more passing options?

More creativity freedom?

It's in TheBetterHalf's website, according to what he said (And he said it twice!).

His website? you mean profile or what? one of his threads?

I'm pretty sure 'he' is a 'she', and she probably has her own webpage. That's as far as my knowledge will get you.

//Edit - Actually, in a flash of brilliance and unquestionable wisdom, I clicked on her nickname and her sig popped up, and in bold you could see... the website.

http://www.thebetterhalf.n.nu/

I'm guessing that's what nSickboy meant.

Good luck.

I'm pretty sure 'he' is a 'she', and she probably has her own webpage. That's as far as my knowledge will get you.

//Edit - Actually, in a flash of brilliance and unquestionable wisdom, I clicked on her nickname and her sig popped up, and in bold you could see... the website.

The Better Half´s Football Manager 2011 Tactics

I'm guessing that's what nSickboy meant.

Good luck.

Aah okay didn't she was a girl. But thanks for the website.

---------- Post added at 06:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 AM ----------

If messi has run with ball often, should i put his run with ball to rarely as he already do it or what? same with killer balls for xavi and iniesta, should i put it on rarely as they will already do it because of their ppm? What will happen if i put it on often when messi already runs with ball often, will he run with it more often or?

Hello, I need some defensive help. I currently play with 4 defenders and one defensive midfielder, but my team is still conceding a fair bit.

Ospina
Diego Renan - Miranda - Dunne - Warnock
Hargreaves​

Just wondering how I can shore it up at the back a bit.​

---------- Post added at 06:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 AM ----------

If messi has run with ball often, should i put his run with ball to rarely as he already do it or what? same with killer balls for xavi and iniesta, should i put it on rarely as they will already do it because of their ppm? What will happen if i put it on often when messi already runs with ball often, will he run with it more often or?

anyone?

Hello, I need some defensive help. I currently play with 4 defenders and one defensive midfielder, but my team is still conceding a fair bit.

Ospina
Hargreaves​

Just wondering how I can shore it up at the back a bit.​

Are you conceding from set pieces, long shots or are you leaving too much space between your defence and the keeper?

In the first case, try match prep to defensive set pieces - in my personal experience it's **** but that's all I can think of.
Second case - Slightly higher defensive line, and maybe have your players play a little bit more of a pressing game?
Third case - Deep D-Line and set your CBs mentality to defensive, or if your feeling a little adventurous you can try setting your keeper to Sweeper Keeper, at least for the luls.

Suppose you have two persons A and B, A has his own style of running the ball often, B has not such style. Both are amazing dribblers and you tell them that both to run with ball often. Which one do you think will dribble more often than the other?

Ospina
Hargreaves

Just wondering how I can shore it up at the back a bit.

I think the more information you can give, the better. How is your offense is set up? What happen when you are conceded?

Also I have some question to ask. Does the attribute 'eccentricity' actually can go down or up over the years? Because I have found a very solid regen keeper but with 18 eccentricity.

Has anyone managed to recreate david villas role for barcelona? or pedros? i know there aren't anything special about them but how should i play them, as inside forwards, but i don't how to get them make the runs they make in real life!

Has anyone managed to recreate david villas role for barcelona? or pedros? i know there aren't anything special about them but how should i play them, as inside forwards, but i don't how to get them make the runs they make in real life!

The thing is, that barca have been playing differently depending on if playing home/away in the CL, away to big/weak teams in La LIga, home to weak/big teams in the league etc...and...depending on if using both Xavi and Iniesta. In short, Villa has probably been used in about 10 different ways this season, all depending on his starting position on the field and the orders from Pep ( come slightly deeper, hold up the ball, go forward at all times, tuck inside and defend, stay wide whilst defending, look for free space, etc etc).

With this said, its imposible to setup wingers/strikers like this to pefectly emulate Barca when every game is different.
My best advice though would be to reduce the runs from deep if using an attacking mentality, let them roam and cut inside if playing wide and let them move into channels if playing narrow

The thing is, that barca have been playing differently depending on if playing home/away in the CL, away to big/weak teams in La LIga, home to weak/big teams in the league etc...and...depending on if using both Xavi and Iniesta. In short, Villa has probably been used in about 10 different ways this season, all depending on his starting position on the field and the orders from Pep ( come slightly deeper, hold up the ball, go forward at all times, tuck inside and defend, stay wide whilst defending, look for free space, etc etc).

With this said, its imposible to setup wingers/strikers like this to pefectly emulate Barca when every game is different.
My best advice though would be to reduce the runs from deep if using an attacking mentality, let them roam and cut inside if playing wide and let them move into channels if playing narrow

Yeah i agree with you, but there must be a way to set him up, and them depending on the match, you can lower his mentality, put hold up ball on yes, higher mentality maybe, cut inside, roam from position, depending on how you want, but there should be a way to his standard position up anyway. But i understand what you mean thanks for the answer.

Also do you if its possible to make every goalkick and defending free kick on our own half and at the start of the oppositions half set to short. I want every kick to be short but its like sometimes my keeper goes for the long kick even tho there is a passing option.

Yeah i agree with you, but there must be a way to set him up, and them depending on the match, you can lower his mentality, put hold up ball on yes, higher mentality maybe, cut inside, roam from position, depending on how you want, but there should be a way to his standard position up anyway. But i understand what you mean thanks for the answer.

Also do you if its possible to make every goalkick and defending free kick on our own half and at the start of the oppositions half set to short. I want every kick to be short but its like sometimes my keeper goes for the long kick even tho there is a passing option.

I would probably give hime the same settings as my AML in my Grande wide 41221 set, only, making him play in the FL or FR position instead, uinsg Messi as FCc and another player as the winger.

As for your goalkicks, the game does not work that way. The orders are tendencys. Just because you tell your players to focus the play through the middle it doen not mean that they will do this all the time. If the GK thinks that a longer kicks is needed, then he will do so, thats it.

hi there. new player here (one year old i'd say :) )
so, been reading most forums and blogs on fm but i got one question.
i usually sign my players after an report or an search by position+value and report. so for every player i check the stats graph in the information tab. (defending, speed, creativity, tehnical and so on.)
i know what stat is increased by every training category , but my questions is this: what stats make modification on the graph stats? (like attacking is increased by finishing, composure, long shots...)
thanks.

anyone recommend me a good training schedule for tottenham? ive never been good at making them and just looking for someone quick to apply.

anyone recommend me a good training schedule for tottenham? ive never been good at making them and just looking for someone quick to apply.

These are links from the http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...ics-training/80127-tactic-training-bible.html

Raikan007's Perfect Training Schedules

SK Senior & Youth Training Schedules | Regular, Injury, Pre-Season |

Costas training

Dunc's Training

DK_Training Schedules

FM2011 Training Masterclass

Naturally, they are not designed for Tottenham but have a look in the threads and use the ones you find the most interesting