Tactics & Training: The " I have a small question " thread

Very. Usually, there are training sessions that the team has a couple of days before the games as it would happen in real-life. Of course, people don't usually realise this but the intensity of training will fatigue players more, thus making muscles and injuries very vulnerable in games. Tackles, running, lengthy time spent on the pitch all add up to injuries that can last weeks and months at a time. A commodity is in hamstrings.

Well, how can I tell if my players are under stress when it comes to training? Generally my strikers are the ones taking the knocks, my blockers and defenders are beasts and my midfield players sometimes also get a few punches thrown their way.

How can I tell if they are under too much stress?

Well, how can I tell if my players are under stress when it comes to training? Generally my strikers are the ones taking the knocks, my blockers and defenders are beasts and my midfield players sometimes also get a few punches thrown their way.

How can I tell if they are under too much stress?

When you have another backroom meeting, you will often have your coaches say to you that Player X's training schedule is either too light or too heavy. That's when you need to change it.

Tactic help!

I'm planning on making a tactic like this:

View attachment 191108

What would be the best role for the AMC?

And one of the DMC will be a DLP, would he be better on support or defend?

Btw, the AMC role will be filled by any of Suarez Gerrard or Aquaman.

Let me know if I need to give more information.

with my formation, im making alot of chances, but most of them are going off target. is it a matter of making sure the lone striker i use has a high finishing rate or is there something else ive done wrong?

with my formation, im making alot of chances, but most of them are going off target. is it a matter of making sure the lone striker i use has a high finishing rate or is there something else ive done wrong?
Strikers need good concentration and composure stats. Also try using work ball into box.

Strikers need good concentration and composure stats. Also try using work ball into box.

defoe has higher overall stats than pavlyuchenko, yet pav scores and when i use defoe we lose!

must be pav is a better lone striker

I've started a new game but I can't find the training schedules I made in my previous game. Shouldn't they be located in Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\schedules ?

I've started a new game but I can't find the training schedules I made in my previous game. Shouldn't they be located in Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\schedules ?

load up your old game, click manage schedule, select the schedule and then export them.

Hi Guys, i have a question.

I want a tactic for online tournaments. But here tactics are not working on online matches. What should i do ? Are you suggest a powerful tactic for me ?

Hi Guys, i have a question.

I want a tactic for online tournaments. But here tactics are not working on online matches. What should i do ? Are you suggest a powerful tactic for me ?

Its impossible to suggest you a tactic when you provide no information about your team at all. Also, I dont think that the tactics uploaded here dont work against other users as such, but perhaps if they play in a certain way, you have to find a way to counter that and as long as we dont know how they play, we cant help you with that either

How would you set up a decent narrow diamond?

I was thinking like this:

Sweeper Keeper - defend
Wingback - support
Centre defender - defend
Centre defender - defend
Wingback - support
Defensive mid - defend
Box to box - support
Centre mid - attack
Adv playmaker - attack
Deep lying forward - support
Advanced forward - attack

Im looking to flood the midfield and dominate possession, I need to play slow tempo and quite probing as most teams will sit back vs me, against better sides I will drag the AM back into Cm with the same duty. And play on the counter-attack.
So I was thinking:

Rigid
Control

Short passing
Standing off
Cautious tackles
more roaming

I would use aswell:

High D-Line
Narrow width
Slow tempo

Do you think that would work? most teams play flat 442 but a few play wide 4231, would I win the midfield battle?

How To Make a Possession Based Tactic

What do i need to make a high Possession formation every one i make i only get around 47% is there any way to boost the percentage

I manage Liverpool in 2011-2012 season and i have this line up :
Reina
G.Johnson
D.Agger
G.Cahill
Sime Vrsaljko
Gerrard
Pastore
Juan Mata
Hulk
Carroll
Suarez

Gerrard-Ball Winner
Pastore-Advanced Playmaker
Mata-Inside Forward
Hulk-Inside Forward
Carroll-Poacher
Suarez-Poacher

4-2-2-2 formation .

I manage Liverpool in 2011-2012 season and i have this line up :
Reina
G.Johnson
D.Agger
G.Cahill
Sime Vrsaljko
Gerrard
Pastore
Juan Mata
Hulk
Carroll
Suarez

Gerrard-Ball Winner
Pastore-Advanced Playmaker
Mata-Inside Forward
Hulk-Inside Forward
Carroll-Poacher
Suarez-Poacher

4-2-2-2 formation .

Did you have a question regarding this or did you post in the wrong thread ?

Is it better to focus improving a youth players weaker stats in training or trying to maximise what a player is good at?

Did you have a question regarding this or did you post in the wrong thread ?
Well , i don`t know if i posted in the wrong thread , but i want to know if Gerrard can play as a Ball Winner and Carroll as a Poacher.

defoe has higher overall stats than pavlyuchenko, yet pav scores and when i use defoe we lose!

must be pav is a better lone striker

It obviously depends how you play them. I always played 4-4-2. Pav would get me quite a few goals, but was never as consistent as Defoe. Defoe once got me 33 goals in a season.

One annoying thing is that when trying to emulate barca one thing is actually preventing a little thing, its not a big problem, but in general it is a problem. Gerard Pique has the ppm: Tries longe range passes. And that's not good, and he don't want to unlearn it, he just become angry!!! What can i do about it? Also noticed abidal with the same problem.

Also do you any play who is very similar to messi in terms of attributes and ppm's, mostly ppm's cause can't find anyone. pablo piatti is close, but i was thinking of someone closer than that, and maybe better to play in barca's first team.

Another question: If i buy ashley young as back up or challenger for the amr inside forward position i have, but he isn't like pedro, pedro goes in more with ashley young more likely to cross, so can i get something out of his crossing with messi in amc and david villa at stl. maybe aim at far post for villa, but he isn't the best header, what can i get out of ashley young in my barca team? can he play like pedro, with run into the area and after through balls from xavi, iniesta and messi instead of being more of a winger type.

Oh, so many questions: Does anyone know where i can see fc barcelonas champions league possession stats in every game from the group stages to the final + from league and cup game + xavis passing in more games (i can only find stats from the cl final and the matches against arsenal)

Alright guys, I was just wondering how a players specific mentality instruction would differ from the preset given. For example: Winger with an attack duty. Changing the players specific mentality to defensive, would this mean the player would be more cautious in its attacking role, making a safer option than one with a higher risk?