Added the rigid version to the first page.

From my own experiences, less chances are created with rigid but you have more control over the games.
downloaded the rigid version but the strategy is still fluid...is it the right one?>

downloaded the rigid version but the strategy is still fluid...is it the right one?>
I'm so sorry, I managed to upload the wrong one...

Thank you for noticing it, I'll reupload the correct one!

The Journey to Greatness with Tata's excellent Tactic!

The Lineup

Instructions:
Regarding opponent i change mentality. As example Barecelona away = rigid, Elche Home = Very Fluid, Real Home = fluid etc

The First 3 games

Played rigid and it payed off frustrating Barcelona to get a doubble red!

Once again vent Rigid and took home another victory this time in the supercup leg 1. red card again for the frustrated Barca :)

Started out very fluid and changed to fluid after a bit to be more safe vs Neymar and Messi who still can make a run for goal.
5-1 win ensures the first title is ours! Gracias Tata!

Summary

I cant wait to keep kicking on here as this looks like great stuff!
Ben Davies have been a beast as LB since i snatched him up from Newcastle for around 9mill.

Player of the pre-season: Ben Davies

Last edited:
I have made 3 little changes that seemed to get me more goals.

- Mentality changed from Control to Attack

- IFs with foot equal to side, that is, left foot in left side and right foot on right side

- Introduced the "Pass to open spaces" instruction

The tactic seemed to work properly with lot of possession and the defensive line works fine, except the glitch from the wings, but there's nothing you can do about it... But, scoring was hard, and the team didn't had that mentality to keep the game in their hand. After scoring one or 2, they seemed to just control the game, even after suffering one goal. Besides that, the team didn't had too much CCCs, being most of the shoots from a long distance or strange angles.

So, the mentality changed keeps the team focused on scoring goals, since i have to suffer at least one per game (ME). This was very good, specially against stronger sides that play more open.

Still had some problems because most of the shoots where from outside of the box or shooting completely surrounded but other team players, so i've changed the sides of the IF and they stopped shooting from very close angles. More crosses began to appear and the striker (changed to Defensive striker, since my striker don't like F9) started to score more often, but the wingers still have a great deal of goals.

Finally, the team instruction. Some games i saw my team just passing the ball from IF to FB to MC to IF to FB to CB and nothing more. After this little change, i've seen more cuts into the box made by the IFs and the MCs and even the striker, making more 1x1s and more goals.

Hope this helps this great tactic to be even better!

Wrapping up August:

Atletico Madrid - Monaco (N) European supercup 2-1 (2-1)
Goals: Icardi, Alderweireld RK: Song (67)
POM:
Alderweireld

Tough game, but going into it fluid i was confident we could get a win and we did
despite Songs red card.

Atletico Madrid - Real Betis (BBVA) 3-1(0-1)
Goals: Ben Davies, Leo, Lazar Markovic
POM:
Ben Davies

This was the Los conchoneros home debut this year infromt of the fantastice Vincente Calderon homecrowd.
They got more than they payed for when Betis sneaked a early lead before half time. This made me change my aproach from V.Fluid and control to Fluid/Attack. The resoult was imminent as Ben Davies and Leo scored two goals in the 67th and 79th minute. Lazar finished off the game in the 89th and we had a goal dissalowed from offside aswell.. this looked liek a 10-0 win but the engine did not think so. Good work lads!

This wraps up August guys, and i cant wait for the next month and trying out Fierro maybe as inside forward on the left as Iker Munian has been terrible there.

Player of the month: Ben Davies

He has been stunning since the season started and with an avrage of 8.32 producing 1 goal 1 assist and 3POM!!!

Last edited:

September

LIGA BBVA
Rayo - Atletico 1-2 (0-2)
Goals: Munian (5'), Oliver (41')
POM: Munian

this was an awfull match. It looked like we were ready for a holiday, and Rayo showed us no respect and when they banged one back it looked like our players got scared of attacking. ANyways we puleld home 3 majore points who i am sure will be decisive in the end of the season!

Champions Cup
Atletico - PSG 3-0 (1-0)
Goals: Leo (15',52') Pereyra (64')
POM: Ben Davies

The biggest game of the month had us playing cautiouse, but it turned out effficiency realy is a key in this game. Leo scored two beautifull goals and with Pereyra banging his first CL goal of the seeason it was nothing more than joy tobehold for the fans who stayed for an extra hour after the game singing prais to their club.

LIGA BBVA
Atletico - Sporting 2-0 (2-0)
Goals: Icardi (8'), Oliver (38')
POM: Oliver

We got two goals before half time and good was that! After the break we produced nothing more than 1 shoot who almost turned into a throw in!

LIGA BBVA
Atletico - Granada 6-0 (4-0)
Goals: Leo (18',27',41'), Montoya (24'), Davies (77'), Fierro (84')
POM: Leo

What can i say? Granada looked like they came for a lose, and they would be glad to find we handed it to them. With Leo on fire aswell as the Fullbacks getting heeps of space this game it was over before the first half was done.

LIGA BBVA
Sevilla - Atletico 0-3 (0-0)
Goals: Fierro (68',77',86')
POM: Fierro

I was sure we were heading for our first draw this season, but subbing in Fierro turned to be the best call of the day! Fierro banged a hattrick after comming on for Kacaniklic in the 65th minutte, and can proudly bring the matchball home!

Champions Cup
CSKA Moscow - Atletico 0-2 (0-0)
Goals: Mangala (47'), Markovic (67')
POM: Mangala

A slow start, much due to me rotatin with the squad giving the likes of Clayne, Bardi, Hughes and Icardi much needed playtime. We pulled it together after halftime, and despite it beeing a fairly even match we deserved the 3 points today.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
OLIVER TORRES

This guy has been litterary on fire for us providing assists and goals on demand. Well deserved for the youngster with Leo as close runner up.

LEAGUE TABLE

Sitting well for the points so far, but the season is long and injuries can play a big part of the outcome!

OCTOBER

LIGA BBVA
Getafe - Atletico 0-1 (0-1)
Goals: Rafinha (10')
POM: Christian

Getafe shocked me! They controlled the game and there was not much i could do part from beeing efficient. The boys was not having the best day out there, and i suppose thats expected during a long season, but this game was the first game ibrought out the hairdryer afterwards. Munian played horrible and got subbed at halftime and i hope my 2kind" words will make him improve his quality of play if not there is a nice plastic seat next to Zouma on the bench!

LIGA BBVA
Valencia - Atletico 0-1 (0-1)
Goals: Davies (25')
POM:
Angulo

Maaaan this was tighter than i anticipated. Doumbia was on fire for Valencia having just scored 6 goals in the previouse match, so i decided to play it safe and go for a controlled and rigid setup. This was proven smart as Valencia had only 3 key highlights in 90min, but one was gigantic, and if i ahd another goalie part from ter Stegen i would not have brought 3 points home.

CHAMPIONS CUP
Atletico - CFR Cluj 3-1 (2-0)
Goals: Pereyra (22'), Balanta (43'), Martinez (51')
POM: Ember

Home vs Cluj i predicted a fairly easy game, and so it realy was. I played a lot of subs including Kurt Zouma and Juan Jesus who realy impressed me. mangala also got a try in the ancor role and did splendid. To bad Cluj's goalie had the game of his life or id win this by 7 or 8 :/

LIGA BBVA
Atletico - Zaragoza 3-0 (2-0)
Goals: Mangala (15'), Pereyra (24'), Leo (55')
POM: Leo

So after the Cluj game were i rotated some players i rotated some more and decided to see if Pereyra could continue his good form. The boys never looked behind and smashed Zaragoza back to the stoneages!

LIGA BBVA
Atletico - Real Madrid 4-1 (2-0)
Goals: Munian (8'), Mangala (13'), Markovic(70',90+1')
RK: Allan (Real 43') Mangala (Atletico 76')
POM: Markovic

Dear lord the nerves... I was superstressed and sure this would be our demise regarding winningstreak, but i was wrong!!! Munian stepped up after being told to get his act together and after dribbling half the Real team he smashed in the far corner! Before i could even get done cheering Mangala made it 2-0 from a corner and i was totaly amazed! I got a bit nervouse again when Sahinblasted the ball behind ter Stegen from 40 yards, but Lazar Markovic calmed me down by singelhandedly showing Carlo Ancelotti how goals can be scored! I AM STARTING TO BELIVE I CAN WIN THE LEAGUE ALREADY!

LIGA BBVA
Espanyol - Atletico 0-2 (0-0)
Goals: Leo (51'), Fierro (90+2')
RK: Fernandez (Espanyol 79')
POM: Pereyra

Amazing match were we had 21 sots on target!!! I tried to start out with a controll/Rigid setup just to frustrate Espanyol, and guess it worked! At Halftime i told the boys to keep going and things would turn out alright, and i instructed a more attacking and fluid aproach. Both leo and Fierro getting a goal, nothng could please me more :)

REAL MADRID GAME

ESPANYOL GAME

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
LEO

With 7 assists and 2 goals during this spell he was clearly the most influencial player this month for us. 4 of the assists came in the real match alone, meaning he was the arcitect behind that beautifull resoult!

LEAGUE TABLE

Can we keep ourselves going at this pace and go through the season undefeated?

with my Portsmouth save I have uploaded the rigid formation, this seems to suit my team much, much better, last season I finished mid table in league 1 after gaining promotion from league 2 with this tactic, this season with rigid thus far 9 games in 7 wins 2 draws 3 conceded 15 scored

NOVEMBER

CHAMPIONS CUP
CRF Cluj - Atletico 0-3 (0-3)
Goals: Icardi (2',26'), Leo (5')
POM: Ember

Icardi was on fire on this game and should have had more goals than the two in the first half. I am happy regardless and realy need to scout their goalkeeper as he has been POM both games against them.

LIGA BBVA
Atletico - Celta 6-0 (5-0)
Goals: Alderweireld (11'), Oliver (16'), Icardi (32',45+1'), Fierro (pen.40'), Clayne (54')
POM: Icardi

This was a spectacular match, but as usual after a flairing first half the team slips into coma for the 2nd half regardless of teamtalk. Maybe i am talking to much? hmmm

LIGA BBVA
Malaga - Atletico 2-4 (1-4)
Goals: Leo (5',42'), Hughes (9'), OG (30')
POM: Juanmi

Same as above. Stunning first half the team slips into Zzzzzlepingmode. Regardless a good resoult despite the first time we conced two goals in one game this season.

CHAMPIONS CUP
PSG - Atletico 1-2 (0-1)
Goals: Munian (10'), Wanyama (pen.90+2')
POM: Muniain

Wow, what a geezer!
Munian slaming in an early goal after a fantastic move on the left side of the penalty box and i was confident. i was wrong... Ferreyra made it 1-1 in the 56'th and i was sure we would drop points as there was nothing special about the way we played, but then... BANG Blaise Mutudi vent all Cantona-hiii yaaa on Fierro and Wanyama finished the punishment with a fierce strike from the penalty spot! WE ARE UNBEATABLE!!

LIGA BBVA
Atletico - R.Sociedad 5-1 (2-1)
Goals: Markovic (22',45+2'), Oliver (53',60'), Muniain (72')
POM: Markovic

And we are TRUCKING ON!
Muniain realy looks like he want to show me why i decided to buy him and was again outstanding today.
Impressive game by the lads, and i made sure to tell them after!

LIGA BBVA
Atletico - CSKA Moscow 1-0 (1-0)
Goals: Markovic (30')
POM: Wernblom

Got a bit overconfident and sendt a rotated squad out on the pitch with the instruction to overload the attack and play very fluid. while also look for overlaps and to play out of defence. Luckily Lazar banged a goal
to decide the match

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
OLIVER TORRES

Torres have been outstanding except for the PSG game this whole month providing assists and goals left and right and deserved this months POM easy! Now the big teams want to buy him to, but like that ever is going to happen^^

LEAGUE TABLE

We are on a roll! FOR HOW LONG CAN THIS CONTINUE????

Monthly Summary:

Worth mentioning this month is that Icardi has been VERY lethal when given the chances. I now try to rotate Fierro and leo on the Inside Forward positions aswell to give him some more deserved playtime.
His stats is a goal a game so i hope it's mroe to come. That also explaines why Fierro has not scored more goals as i think he only has 1 start as striker this month. Good performers beside POM has been Lazar Markovic, Iker Muniain and Icardi specially.
On the downside Bardi has proven why he is second choice and not first when given the chance. Butterfingers Bardi is not close to squeezing out ter Stegen yet.

Stats Corner:

Top Goalscorers:
Leo 13
Markovic 9
Fierro 7
Oliver
Icardi 6

Assists:

Oliver 12
Leo 9
Markovic 7
Fierro 4
Pereyra 4

Rating:
Davies 8.02
Alderweireld 7.83
Icardi 7.74
Markovic 7.69
Oliver 7.66

Last edited:
Im doing this every season with the tactic i am testing :)
did the same thing with Zero's tactic if you check his tread.

You reccon its a bit to heavy for a tac tread? i was thinking its a bit heavy/storymodish, but then again i felt it would help keep the tread more appealing aswell as provide continouse resoults to back up the tactic. But yes, so far the best one i have tested :)
I was also considering swapping focus from the story approach to a more in dept tactical analyze of the tactic. thats actually not a bad idea.

Next month i will tone down the storymode and provide more solid feedback and pictures og hwo it actually works.

I dont get why this read is so dead tho. The tactic is the most plug and play i have tried.
Decide between Rigid - Very fluid depending on how good the opponent is aswell as change focus from Controll to Attacking depending on lvl of opponent.

I love your updates Conn, glad to see you're enjoying the tactic so far. Keep it up ^^)!

no mate its not too heavy like you said if it gets more folk to take a look at this tac the better keep it up

no mate its not too heavy like you said if it gets more folk to take a look at this tac the better keep it up

alright then. i will try to implement more tactical stuff then to improve the usefullness aswell as keeping it casual with the flow of my story :)

glad you like it. i wish you would provide more feedback becasue it realy is a ***** to stop playing to post xD.

love all of ya!

alright then. i will try to implement more tactical stuff then to improve the usefullness aswell as keeping it casual with the flow of my story :)

glad you like it. i wish you would provide more feedback becasue it realy is a ***** to stop playing to post xD.

love all of ya!

well i would mate but i dont have fm14 still playing fm13 wont get 14 till after jan

DECEMBER

SPANISH CUP Leg 1
Saturday 3rd December

Avenida de Navarra

Bandalona - Atletico 0-3
Cabella (8',18',61')

MOTM: Cabella

What can i say? Cabella won us this match alone. It was a tough match for some of our youngsters and very old tutorers who does not play at this level to often.

SPANISH CUP Leg 2
Wednesday 7th December
Santiago Bernabeau

Atletico - Bandalona 2-0
Vitinho (55',77')

MOTM: Vitinho

Again we started with a heavy reserve team, but Vitinho lead the way in the 2nd half with a doubble

Club World Championship Semifinal
Wednesday 14th December
Olympique de 5 Julliet

Kano Pillars
- Atletico 0-5
Patricio Romero (2',41',pen.65'), Zimmermann (4'), Labiano (49')

MOTM: Patricio Romero

I was visiting a sick aunt at the hospital and left my assistant in charge for this match. Splendid performance by a very very young team getting Zimmerman the youngest goalscorer ever for the Los Colchoneros at the age of 15!

Club World Championship Final
Saturday 17th December
Olympique de 5 Julliet

Atletico - Gremio 1-0
Juan Jesus (57')

MOTM: Renan

With Renan on form this game turned into an exciting event for the spectators. Gremio had some good pace with the ball and i feared the whole game we could conced. Luckily we kept it clean and we won the Club World Championship!
The boys can be proud!

LIGA BBVA
Wednesday 21st December
Estadio de Grand Canaria
Las Palmas - Atletico 0-3
Leo (22',28'), Muniain (42')

MOTM: Oliver

Oliver was on fire today with dangerouse passes left and right. He got 3 assists from this game and shoudl ahve had plenty more, but unfortunatly our offence wasted to many chances.

Player Of The Month:

Oliver Torres

He has been on fire with lethal passes all month and i can see a new Xavi growing on the pitch!

League Table:

Summary:

This month has been a fantastic month! Not only did we win the Club world Championship, but we conceded Z-E-R-O goals! This proves to me that the work the players put down in training is realy paying off.
Cabella was lethal in the cup game, but now goes out on loan to get some more pitchtime while i try to get him sold for next season to create space for younger and more talented players.
Icardi again has been rock solid in training. Good for him fierro is out injured for two months so he can get some quality pitchtime.
How long can this continue?

conn i think you shuld make this into a story this really good

i coudl do next season witha new tactic :)
tnx kitchen :D i learn from the best!
read Rauls adventure on the story pages, now THATS awesome!