The Anfield Saga

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 79K
Status
Not open for further replies.
FT = Financial Times. They're running a story saying no-one's heard of Huang and they can't find his Hong Kong offices etc.

A press release from Huang is expected at some point today. Huang's last press release said he'd have nothing more to say until he released a joint press release with Liverpool. We'll see.

Relax mate. Enjoy the show. Write a letter to RBS asking Mr.Hester to sort this out if you haven't already. Play a bit of FM. Put some music on. :)

This is going to be a **** of a ride - but let's make sure we get rid of the leeches :)

------

eFusion - original source for the Indian interest starting again is the S*n. Doubt any owner would be daft enough to be chatting to them and risk being lynched quite that quickly - stranger things have happened though I guess, who'd have thought Souness would do it? :D

so, if Huang is releasing a statement later today; it could be him confirming that CIC are backing him, or him and LFC commenting that a deal has been agreed, hopefully it's both tbh :D (yn)

so, if Huang is releasing a statement later today; it could be him confirming that CIC are backing him, or him and LFC commenting that a deal has been agreed, hopefully it's both tbh :D (yn)
Great, and I'll be at the Liverpool match, probably.

I personally think the EPL or even David Cameron should step in and stop this chinese take over. ****** Communist. It will all be a PR stunt. your have the chinese flag on your shirt soon.

The LFC forums are chock full of nonsense speculations. Here's an interesting extract from a supposed "fan" about the CIC involvement -
A dictatorship of a government?

Sums up football fans really they have no other interest but men kicking a bag of wind around!

If you see nothing wrong in it im not going to educate you, you clearly were dragged up!

All you see is billions or trillions and imagine us as a fifa11 world class team, liverpool fc is not about that and any true fan would strongly agree with me!

If heung is on his own, he is not a billionaire so why bother?
G and H are repaying the loan and never miss a payment they want best for us and the club that is why the Kirdi group are a good choice!
the poll yesterday summed it up eveyone voted hueng inc me but failed to look as to what is really best!
maybe were all rick parrys?

Rehash of a mix of things in that piece mate. Headline very misleading. They're quoting first statement by Huang made yesterday morning where he basically said, "I'm interested in Liverpool, but don't believe everything you read in the press. It's only 100% if it comes from my Hong Kong press officers."

Someone, somewhere is going into overdrive with the spin. It's brilliant stuff. Only one bid has been passed to Premier League. And it ain't the Syrian one (he's not even spoken to Broughton yet).

If you want live updates check out the following twitter feeds:

http://twitter.com/rorysmith_tel
http://twitter.com/bensmith_times
http://twitter.com/JimBoardman
http://twitter.com/paul_tomkins
http://twitter.com/Andrew_Heaton

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

I personally think the EPL or even David Cameron should step in and stop this chinese take over. ****** Communist. It will all be a PR stunt. your have the chinese flag on your shirt soon.

When we win number 6, they'll have to change their flag ;)

As much as I dislike Communism, they're only the backers I believe whom the loan will be coming from, Huang seems like a well-respected decent man that wants us to succeed. It's down the the Fit and proper test at the end of the day

Give the Marxist-Leninists a chance - look what yankee capitalists have done to both our clubs. Now where did I put my little red book....

(H)

As much as I dislike Communism, they're only the backers I believe whom the loan will be coming from, Huang seems like a well-respected decent man that wants us to succeed. It's down the the Fit and proper test at the end of the day

I just think it is a big PR stunt, they are backed by the chinese government. Which is the worlds biggest totalarism state, we are letting them into our country economy. I wouldnt mind if it was any of the other bidders with proper cash, Just communist are a no go with me.

ready for the chinese flag on the shirt next season ;)

Comment From Dave
How confident are you that CIC are behind the bid, another boradsheet is reporting that Kenny Huang PR agency has released a statemnt that CIC are not behind the bid.
Thursday August 5, 2010 14:55

Tony Barrett:
Hello Dave, to be fair the line about CIC wasn't mine so I can't be 100% sure of anything. The story was written by Helen Power, our business reporter who has unbelievable contacts in the financial world, and Tony Evans, who broke the original story about the interest from Mr Huang. I wouldn't hesitate in backing their judgement on this because they are about as close to the issue as it is possible to be. But there may be some smoke and mirrors to come simply because this is such a complex situation and maybe we won't have conclusive confirmation about who is and isn't involved in the bid until it is or isn't accepted.
Thursday August 5, 2010 14:58

Comment From Peter
Hi Tony, when do you think we will see a completed take over announced?
Thursday August 5, 2010 15:04

Tony Barrett:
Hello Peter, I keep hearing different things. Someone said to me earlier on today that Huang's bid is now "unstoppable" and could be complete within a week. Someone else said I should stand by my phone - whatever that means - because it could happen any day. The only thing that is clear is that Huang's bid has momentum.
Thursday August 5, 2010 15:05

Comment From HAtem
Hi Tony, Forgive me for being negative but we seem to get a whole waft of takeover rumours just before the deadline for refinancing with RBS - What makes you think this is genuine?
Thursday August 5, 2010 15:06

Tony Barrett:
I appreciate your cynicism, it's fully justified given everything that's happened over the last few years. This situation is different, though. Huang's interest is bona fide, as confirmed by the banks involved and Huang himself, and talks are currently taking place at a very high level. We have never been at this stage before.

This is just an extract from a Tony Barrett web chat;
if what he says is true, then it sounds promising...

Give the Marxist-Leninists a chance - look what yankee capitalists have done to both our clubs. Now where did I put my little red book....

(H)

and just look what Marxist did to the USSR. I think an Middle east take over from a rich shiek with oil will be better for you.

scott give it a rest; we have teams owned by Arabs and Russians and they're alright,
Arabs aren't exactly known for being perfect with brilliant human rights,
and Abramovich is by no means perfect is he?

Zeb, have you got Twitter? Just so I don't miss some important **** tonight?

I just think it is a big PR stunt, they are backed by the chinese government. Which is the worlds biggest totalarism state, we are letting them into our country economy. I wouldnt mind if it was any of the other bidders with proper cash, Just communist are a no go with me.

ready for the chinese flag on the shirt next season ;)

Thing is Scott, the Chinese investment is already here. Our government's been chasing it for years and they've been quietly doing it for the past 3 years. SAFE and CIC have pumped in about £9 billion in investments (that figure is a year old so will be more now) and no-one's outside the offices of the big British firms having a fit over it or protesting to the government that the Chinese are propping up our economy by taking on our government's debt.

Don't like the regime, but don't think this really has much to do with it. Might as well take up arms against Glazer for being an American and raising his money from exploiting the poorest of the poor, or Abramovich from making his money from the mob, or from Abu Dhabi for running one of the most repressive regimes on the planet. *shrug* I'd rather have people who will invest with a vision which stretches for decades than some plastic twits who are on a smash and grab job, and really that's what this is about.

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

Zeb, have you got Twitter? Just so I don't miss some important **** tonight?

You won't miss anything mate. If there's an announcement and you're at the match, you'll know about it. Enjoy the game mate, wish I were going too. (don't use twitter sorry)

scott give it a rest; we have teams owned by Arabs and Russians and they're alright,
Arabs aren't exactly known for being perfect with brilliant human rights,
and Abramovich is by no means perfect is he?

Give it a rest? i have posted like 2 comments, not like i have done it all day. These are communism, it would be like the USSR owning the white house it 1950.

Thing is Scott, the Chinese investment is already here. Our government's been chasing it for years and they've been quietly doing it for the past 3 years. SAFE and CIC have pumped in about £9 billion in investments (that figure is a year old so will be more now) and no-one's outside the offices of the big British firms having a fit over it or protesting to the government that the Chinese are propping up our economy by taking on our government's debt.

Don't like the regime, but don't think this really has much to do with it. Might as well take up arms against Glazer for being an American and raising his money from exploiting the poorest of the poor, or Abramovich from making his money from the mob, or from Abu Dhabi for running one of the most repressive regimes on the planet. *shrug* I'd rather have people who will invest with a vision which stretches for decades than some plastic twits who are on a smash and grab job, and really that's what this is about.

I am just saying, Communist China is now the state that i think most people would class as the "bad guys." I just think it would turn into a big PR stunt for them, they would use it to promote Communism round the world rather then promote Liverpool FC. All these "promises" i think i heard these a few years ago from 2 certain Americans aswell.

how have we got into comminism? keep it on topic

I am just saying, Communist China is now the state that i think most people would class as the "bad guys." I just think it would turn into a big PR stunt for them, they would use it to promote Communism round the world rather then promote Liverpool FC. All these "promises" i think i heard these a few years ago from 2 certain Americans aswell.

The advance guard arrived a few centuries ago mate - currently live in the city with the oldest chinatown in the west. One of the few 'cities of the dragon'. You should know it well ;)

Think you're reading too much into it. It's hard to call modern China truly 'communistic'. The reformers won. I've been there, my ex is a Chinese lass I met at uni when we were both postgrads, I've worked for Chinese companies and with Chinese companies.

We've got to be sceptical and examine things carefully. But bluntly, if there's no takeover this summer, we're ****** mate. It really will be administration for us. So if someone is coming in with a plan to avoid that, I'm going to be biting their hands off. We'll check them out as much as we can (and those of us not in the loop were onto Huang's background two days before mainstream press and H&G's spin machines were - we've been taking the **** out of the inaccuracies in the stories) and hold them to account, whoever they may turn out to be. If we can shift Hicks and Gillett before bankruptcy, we can shift anyone.

edit: sorry Madsheep, slow post and missed yours. Subject dropped.

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

Bamba wakes up and speaks:

Just to clarify the CIC are-they-aren't-they issue. Technically, Huang's backing doesn't come directly from CIC so, if contacted about their interest in LFC, it wouldn't unusual for CIC spokespersons to deny involvement or be ignorant of it. Huang's funding is a new investment vehicle organised via Mr. Yang Guang of Franklin Templeton, and CIC is a major investor in that fund. Hope that helps. Off to match. Radio silence resumes.

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 PM ----------

Total asset worth of two main financial backers of this bid? $700 billion.

Clever, clever, clever, clever sods. Half-truths hiding full truths. Bastards the lot of them. And now the loose ends are tied up for me: yes please :)

Match time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back