The Anfield Saga

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 79K
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol. i cant speak for every manc, but this is a twofold issue for me. one's about not losing a great that both heavily dislike and greatly respect because of a pair of shysters, and two its about the wider impact of poor ownership of our clubs, we've seen if far too often in recent times. and sooner, rather than later one of the real big ones is gonna get nailed to the wall. portsmouth almost went to the wall today. if this fails for you lot you will most likely be in administration next year. I'm sick and tired of the way the leading bodies go on about the money the premier league makes, while rome burns, with football league clubs going into adminstration left right and centre, our national side a shambles, our youth coaching still in the 1980's. does my nut in

got to say im 24 and im already feeling jaded with the Game. or maybe im just tired an cranky
Ha, you're the only Manc I kmow that would say that, trust me <)

Aye, feel a bit sorry for some of those who are on boycott though - those with little kids I'm talking about. Getting your first strip as a kid is a big thing. Still got mine. Hopefully something will come through with these deals just to get us back to normal. Trying to think of last offal merchandise I bought - think it was a scarf from the shop when I took my missus (Chelsea supporter) to her first game.

God I bet you loved teasing her in 05 mate. Last thing I got from the club was last seasons kit, That was going back a few seasons too. My brother would murder me if I was to buy anything. Not that I would.

Sweet - I'll be on to you for tickets then for the Euros ;) Still can't make out what they're doing with loyalty and credits this season - not paying them £30 a year for a card at any rate. Getting there tomorrow?

Couldn't get there tonight, Had to go out with me mar :\. Wonderful isn't it. Didn't looked too packed tonight either, Plenty of empty seats. They have also moved the ticket office into City Centre so they can fit a cafe in, More money. Stupid yanks.
Yeah, got a website too - http://www.savelfc.org/ Good bunch of lads.

It's crazy. Costs me about £80 to get to a game now (including beer money). Throw in another 8%+ on your ticket on top of that plus the VAT rise, and I'm thinking I'm going to have to cut down again. Hard to say to your missus "We're eating beans this week because I'm not missing the match" (lost one missus doing that, think I've learned my lesson) :D

Hahaha. Thats the thing mate, You go once and it becomes a bit of a habit and you cant stop wanting to go, Its worse than drugs. ( not that ive ever tried them haha )

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/aug/06/kenny-huang-liverpool-takeover

Bit later than expected, but good piece in the Guardian. Ganis is another closes associate and business partner of Leslie Alexander. Key facts: this is a group of businessmen and investment funds who are joining together to buy the club (we knew this already, but good to get it officially confirmed).

Debt will be paid off. H&G will **** off with no profit on the sale itself. £100m put in straight off the bat to start new stadium (which design though? the Hicks one is **** as we were going to build it - one end would only have 3k seats!), £50m cash for transfers plus potential to raise more money from loans at low rates.

I like it a lot, providing their numbers on how this is possible from growth in Asia is possible. Been consistently told these guys aren't perfect and they are in this to make a profit, which seems to be proven true, but also been consistently told they aren't chancers and that they will do right by the club.

Need to check on the other bids. But I can see why the Huang group has got such favourable reports from ITKs.

I don't suppose anyone could woy's interview last night did they?

he said that if we are taken over before the end of the window; then it'll be hard for them to sign anyone if he is given money as it's too late; now is Woy going on media speculation or has he been told something?

And Zeb; do you get the feeling that this whole thing is a lot more advanced than we're being led to believe?

Aha....Liverpool set to be the first Communist club in the Prem....

Anyone been to the official forums? Apparently, people don't like the idea of 'taking out loans' to provide transfer funds. It seems they'd rather have a rich middle-eastern owner splurge cash for them.

Last edited:
and just look what Marxist did to the USSR. I think an Middle east take over from a rich shiek with oil will be better for you.

I was attempting humour with the Mx-Lnsts remark. I was SEROIUS about the yanks. (H)

Aha....Liverpool set to be the first Communist club in the Prem....

First club to ever have their own nuclear capability... watch out Manchester... (and yes I'll be moving :D)

normal_lol.jpg

---------- Post added at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

I don't suppose anyone could woy's interview last night did they?

he said that if we are taken over before the end of the window; then it'll be hard for them to sign anyone if he is given money as it's too late; now is Woy going on media speculation or has he been told something?

We knew this before the takeover bid stories came out mate. He has to sell to buy. People who were saying that weren't lying :)

And Zeb; do you get the feeling that this whole thing is a lot more advanced than we're being led to believe?

Depends what you mean by 'advanced'. This Huang bid has been in preparation for months. The brains behind it are around 90 steps ahead of everyone just now. It's now getting to the stage where the issue has to be forced through - hence the spin and counterspin and all the press stuff. I'd say that it's roughly where they're saying it is (there's an offer there and it's formal checkup time) but they haven't released anything like the full details of stuff. May well be that a lot of people have been half-right about a lot of things but just weren't seeing the bigger picture.

----

eFusion - I don't like it either. But even £100m on new players would only be around £4m a season in interest. That's a lot less than now with Hicks and Gillett. We'd be far, far better off. Reports in China are saying they'll also be putting in £50m cash for players and £100m cash to begin the new stadium. It's really not a bad deal - especially as loan debt will make them very careful over the next year about who exactly they buy. It won't be the City splurge which a lot of us feared.

"Breaking Huang #LFC latest: Franklin Templeton Investments has no involvement in Liverpool FC bid and Guang Yang has no involvement.”"
#LFC to summarise, the big-shot US investment firm Huang's US partner claimed was raising the cash has denied any involvement in bid.

What the **** just happened? I thought the deal was close to being done. Now we're back to square one.

What the **** just happened? I thought the deal was close to being done. Now we're back to square one.

Two twitters by Kelso mean different things. Has Guang Yang denied involvement (he is a part of QSL) or is it that Franklin Templeton aren't part of those providing the money?

If Huang's information is correct, there are four or five businessmen/investment groups all putting in about £100m each.

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 PM ----------

Club secretary has said today: "Well from what I understand, and that's all I can say, that the urgency is there due to the pressure from the banks so I would anticipate that something will be happening within the next four to six weeks or so."

It's rumoured that H&G have to make a £100m payment by October or it's administration for the club.

That's a bit of relief. But it's still very confusing as we still have no idea who these other bidders are. Are we assuming that there's more than just QSL involved in the Huang bid?

That's a bit of relief. But it's still very confusing as we still have no idea who these other bidders are. Are we assuming that there's more than just QSL involved in the Huang bid?

All the leaks from the lads who seem to genuinely have a clue what's going on have been that:

1) Huang is the front man
2) There is a group of investors who are behind Huang and providing the money
3) The money is going into an investment fund rather than directly to the club
4) CIC is one of the investors
5) Guang Yang, who works for Franklin as well as being part of Huang's company QSL, is running the investment fund

Disprove 5, and the ITKs who've checked out so far are proven to be wrong and some very heavy hitting journalists will have their reputations trashed totally.

----

Other bids - the Syrian is giving out he's backed from somewhere in the UAE. Rhone is offering £100m for 25% of the club (solves H&G's immediate problem, doesn't solve long term one). Al Khalifa bid is silent and conflicting reports over whether they are involved or not.

Last edited:
Sahara Group in talks with Liverpool
By James Fontanella-Khan in Mumbai
Published: August 6 2010 18:12 | Last updated: August 6 2010 18:12
Sahara Group, an Indian conglomerate that sponsors the national cricket team, is in talks with Liverpool to acquire the English Premier League team, people close to the matter told the Financial Times.

The group, controlled by billionaire industrialist Subrata Roy, has been negotiating with the club for several months but has not found an agreement to satisfy both parties, a person close to Sahara said.

However, another person involved in the negotiations said that Sahara would only go ahead with an offer once they had done all their due diligence: “[Liverpool] has a lot of debts, so they need to lower their expectations before we can make a bid”.

In its latest full-year results released in May, the club’s pre-tax losses had ballooned from £40.9m ($65.4m) to £54.9m. Its total net debt was £351m.

A Mumbai industrialist and Bollywood producer who knows Mr Roy, who has produced many Indian films, said that the owner of Sahara “would love to control a football team ... he would help popularise the sport in India”.

The Sahara group declined to comment.

Mr Roy, one of India’s most flamboyant businessman, with strong political contacts and many friends in Bollywood’s most glamorous circle, has always been big on sports.

Apart from sponsoring the Indian cricket team, Sahara has backed the national hockey squad and has recently spent a record $370m to buy a cricket team in the Indian Premier League, the country’s most lucrative sporting extravaganza.

Mr Roy is also passionate about golf. He developed an entire valley – spread over more than 10,000 acres – just two hours’ drive from Mumbai, which his group has turned into India’s first privately owned luxury hill-township, where the country’s rich go to relax and play golf surrounded by enchanting green scenery.

However, Sahara’s finance group, which Mr Roy used as the foundation to build a sprawling conglomerate covering real estate, media and, at one point, aviation, has not been trouble free. In 2008 the Indian central bank froze the deposits of the finance arm for allegedly flouting prudential rules.

Although a settlement was later reached, the group is still battling old investors’ complaints and the listing of its real estate subsidiary has been delayed by India’s market regulator due to the prolonged battle with small shareholders.

Copyright The Financial Times Limited 2010. You may share using our article tools. Please don't cut articles from FT.com and redistribute by email or post to the web.

Copyright The Financial Times Limited 2010. You may share using our article tools. Please don't cut articles from FT.com and redistribute by email or post to the web.
Looks like somebody forgot to read the fine-print(...or whatever). :P

Can someone update me on the latest? In 1 post? I'm seriously confused...

Its all over the Liverpool Echo again, What glory hunters and wools wont get.

Says about liverpool willing to listen to his offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back