The Anfield Saga

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 79K
Status
Not open for further replies.
What forum is this Bamba from zeb? sounds like he's ITK...

He's kosher. Posts on several forums, including RAWK. You'll see this repeated all over the place soon.

the one i've been on most recently is TIA; whats your opinion on that one?
umm i'll check out RAWK then,

and what will be repeated all over the place?

the one i've been on most recently is TIA; whats your opinion on that one?
umm i'll check out RAWK then,

and what will be repeated all over the place?

If you're getting involved, find the community which is best fit for you mate. TIA isn't my favourite place I have to confess, primarily because it tolerates dicks pretending to know **** and have the whole forum following them - place where the 15th August rumour started. And don't even begin on Showmethemoney and his fecking ****. Actually registered a few weeks to give a piece of mind but still not been approved. >_> Probably for the best. But for some people it's great.

There's a good piece listing the main supporter sites and giving the break down. Rawk was ludicrously pro-Rafa and is renowned for the extreme swings in mood. Full of very, very, very good reds though. Lots of numpties, but there's a lot of gold there if you sift through the dross.

---

The CIC/Franklin Investment joint venture will be repeated everywhere.

I'm cursing myself. Discarded Franklin after doing the brief research because of the Sovereign wealth fund and discarded Guang as a result too. Idiot that I am, it didn't register that two funds were being referenced by various 'sources'. Oh well, I'm getting old. Next thing to find out, after match, is total capitilisation of this new fund backed by the big ones.

Last edited:
If you're getting involved, find the community which is best fit for you mate. TIA isn't my favourite place I have to confess, primarily because it tolerates dicks pretending to know **** and have the whole forum following them - place where the 15th August rumour started. And don't even begin on Showmethemoney and his fecking ****. Actually registered a few weeks to give a piece of mind but still not been approved. >_> Probably for the best. But for some people it's great.

There's a good piece listing the main supporter sites and giving the break down. Rawk was ludicrously pro-Rafa and is renowned for the extreme swings in mood. Full of very, very, very good reds though. Lots of numpties, but there's a lot of gold there if you sift through the dross.

---

The CIC/Franklin Investment joint venture will be repeated everywhere.

I'm cursing myself. Discarded Franklin after doing the brief research because of the Sovereign wealth fund and discarded Guang as a result too. Idiot that I am, it didn't register that two funds were being referenced by various 'sources'. Oh well, I'm getting old. Next thing to find out, after match, is total capitilisation of this new fund backed by the big ones.

Right, i'll stay away from TIA, i'm just on RAWK looking at the takeover latest - chat & speculation thread, so i'll sieve through that,

is your source that reliable that you think that this news about Franklin & Guang will be all over the place? I'm guessing if it is true then it's a good thing? :P

Right, i'll stay away from TIA, i'm just on RAWK looking at the takeover latest - chat & speculation thread, so i'll sieve through that,

is your source that reliable that you think that this news about Franklin & Guang will be all over the place? I'm guessing if it is true then it's a good thing? :P

lol nah, it's whatever forum suits you. TIA isn't for me. RAWK isn't for others. etc etc.

And Bamba usually posts a few hours before it hits the press. And as far as I know, he's never been wrong when posting claiming to know something.

anyone see the piece on this on skynews, they were asking random people what they though of the possibility of a company like this buying liverpool and some geezer went i who are they i have never heard of them. on another note is it this geezers actualy money??

anyone see the piece on this on skynews, they were asking random people what they though of the possibility of a company like this buying liverpool and some geezer went i who are they i have never heard of them. on another note is it this geezers actualy money??

Just read all of Zebedee's posts mate, that'll explain it.

Bid from Huang is being confirmed now on the news. Will link as it happens.

edit: unless it's just a reconfirmation of his interest >_> sorry, might be jumping the gun.

Bah got excited. Expecting a press release from him at some point soon.

Last edited:
Latest from Tony Evans/Helen Power

Liverpool have told potential bidders for the club that they have until the middle of next week to prove they have the cash. The Times has also learnt more details about the leading bid, backed by the Chinese Government.

Martin Broughton, the Liverpool chairman, set the deadline yesterday. The club could change ownership as quickly as next Friday with the consortium fronted by Kenny Huang, the Hong Kong-based entrepreneur, remaining in pole position.

China Investment Capital (CIC), the investment arm of the Chinese Government, holds a significant stake in the bid, as revealed by The Times yesterday. It has now emerged that the man responsible for raising cash for the Chinese consortium is Dr Yang Guang, the executive vice-president of Franklin Templeton Investments, one of the largest global investment fund groups.

The New York-based Guang has acquired finance from a number of sources, including significant investment from banking institutions, but CIC would hold the majority stake in any takeover. However, CIC will not invest directly in the Merseyside club, but into a new company created specifically to push the deal through.
Guang joined QSL Sports Limited, Huang’s company, in May and has been a conduit for Chinese investment in the West since the early 1990s. The Harvard-educated financier has strong links with the Chinese Government.

Despite reports to the contrary yesterday, CIC has not denied its involvement in the Liverpool bid. Officials at China’s investment fund have assessed the business plans for the club and believe that CIC will make a considerable profit by pumping money into Anfield.

The decision to attempt to invest in Liverpool was taken purely on money-making potential and sources close to the deal were keen to distinguish CIC’s intentions from the takeovers at Chelsea and Manchester City, which came down to the decisions of rich individuals — Roman Abramovich and Sheihk Mansour respectively — to buy the clubs.

Unlike the owners of Chelsea and City, CIC would have little input in the day-to-day running of the club. Decision-making at Anfield would be left to executives with extensive experience in the Premier League, with new positions created to exploit Far Eastern markets.

Huang has already told Barclays Capital (BarCap), the investment bank brokering the sale, the Premier League and Broughton that he has the backing of CIC. BarCap needs proof that bidders are good for the £300 million plus required to buy the club before they can pass through to a final round of the auction.

Supporter reaction to the idea of Chinese-led ownership was generally favourable yesterday, with the majority of fans keen to see the back of Tom Hicks and George Gillett Jr, the present co-owners.

The two other bids that remained on the table yesterday are thought to be from the private equity group, Rhône Capital, and the billionaire al-Kharafi family of Kuwait.
Further pressure was heaped on Hicks and Gillett to finalise a swift sale when an American court ruled yesterday that Hicks’s creditors can attempt to seize his assets.

The judge handling the bankruptcy of Hicks’s baseball team, the Texas Rangers, said lenders — who are still owed $525 million after the Texan defaulted on loans — can pursue his other companies for the money. One of the Rangers’ creditors is Alex Rodríguez, the former player and the youngest baseball player to hit 600 home runs.

Broughton declined to comment last night on whether creditors could try to enforce their claims against Hicks’s share of Liverpool

it would appear zeb, that your man from RAWK is indeed ITK....
as this is from tomorrow's times...

Al Kharifi's still in is something I wasn't expecting. That's been rubbished before, but it keeps popping back up. If they are bidding they've been very, very, very quiet. Worryingly so.

Rhone Capital would be a disaster. They'd finish off the job.

Syrian guy not mentioned, which is a result. That means Gillett and Hicks' candidate isn't being rated by BarCap, Broughton and RBS.

Links to HSG a concern. Can you see Campaign Forum on RAWK retrodude? If you can, check out the thread started by royhendo on how Hicks/Gillett have structured companies. Before bid story broke, that's what I was working on.

Al Kharifi's still in is something I wasn't expecting. That's been rubbished before, but it keeps popping back up. If they are bidding they've been very, very, very quiet. Worryingly so.

Rhone Capital would be a disaster. They'd finish off the job.

Syrian guy not mentioned, which is a result. That means Gillett and Hicks' candidate isn't being rated by BarCap, Broughton and RBS.

Links to HSG a concern. Can you see Campaign Forum on RAWK retrodude? If you can, check out the thread started by royhendo on how Hicks/Gillett have structured companies. Before bid story broke, that's what I was working on.

Why are the links to HSG a concern Zeb? i thinking i'm sticking around on RAWK as their ITK really does seem to be itk...

erm, i'll have a look for that thread mate; but whats it about? :)

Why are the links to HSG a concern Zeb? i thinking i'm sticking around on RAWK as their ITK really does seem to be itk...

erm, i'll have a look for that thread mate; but whats it about? :)

Oh, for team info, djphil (I think that's his name) is kosher. We're getting them far earlier now too - Rafa never used to let anyone know until hour before game, but Mr.Hodgson seems to be telling them a fair time before :)

----

Erm, HSG is a long story. Very tired tonight. We've been holding back on it because there's no evidence. Just supposition and rumour. Going to draw a picture - might make it easier to understand :)

---------- Post added at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:58 PM ----------

fattwat.gif

---------- Post added at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

Ok, that's a really, really simplified view of how Hicks' runs his companies. The fat ******* himself isn't shown - he's further to the left and a bit further down than my screenshot will show.

Find the Liverpool furtherest to the right hand side. That's the 'club' - and there's all those companies which go back up. But once you get to Kop Delaware [edit: it's there by it's proper name - Kop Investments LLC], we're not certain what happens (there's no way of finding out without a court order in the United States) but it might be we're linked to HSG (Hicks used to say that, but stopped when HSG started to run into financial problems in a massive way).

Right, top of the screen furthest to the right is a company called Texas Rangers Baseball Partners. That has just gone bankrupt and been sold. The problem is that when it was sold, the money raised wasn't enough to pay off all the debts for the company which took out the loans - HSG. So the judge there has told those still owed money to go get it from HSG and whatever HSG owns.

And if we're linked to HSG in the way which Hicks used to say... then that means those owed money by HSG may come along and demand to own his 50% share of the club...

Now that may not be the case. But the fact that it's now been raised in the Times as an issue to ask Broughton is something which is really, really, really worrying. And it would explain Huang's deadline. It's unlikely those owed money by HSG will chase after it until an ice hockey team owned by HSG is sold [edit: that's the Dallas Stars]. And that can't be sold until the middle of this month. Which is the deadline for Huang's bid.

Could be worry over nothing. But it's something to watch out for.

Gillett 2 years ago took out a very dodgy loan (it's what I'm talking about in the last part of that thread - you'll know who I am on RAWK now heh ;p) and used his 50% share in Liverpool as collateral for that loan. The people who gave him the loan then said they were going to sell his debt to someone else, but after that we don't know what happened. So it might be that Gillett too may have problems selling his 50% of the club.

Sorry if any of that doesn't make sense. If you want me to explain anything, just say - very tired so might not be making sense.

Last edited:
Uh oh, I'm starting to really NOT feel good at all now. I read that Rangers thing about an hour ago, and the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the court ruling was "Liverpool". If they can claim Gillette's share of the club, then I think we can kiss our takeover plans goodbye, or at least seriously compromised. Even if we are sold before the Dallas Stars, wouldn't the deal still be void if they can lay claim to his share. I mean, technically, the verdict was reached before we're sold. Wouldn't that nullify all the dealings from Gillette's side?

thanks for trying to explain that to me zeb, but yeah, you're right, it doesn't make sense; but i'm tired too...
i understand certain parts of it but not all of it;

anyway, i think ima just go live in a cellar or somewhere where i get no internet, radio or telly for a week, then comeback and see whats happened... :p

Uh oh, I'm starting to really NOT feel good at all now. I read that Rangers thing about an hour ago, and the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the court ruling was "Liverpool". If they can claim Gillette's share of the club, then I think we can kiss our takeover plans goodbye, or at least seriously compromised. Even if we are sold before the Dallas Stars, wouldn't the deal still be void if they can lay claim to his share. I mean, technically, the verdict was reached before we're sold. Wouldn't that nullify all the dealings from Gillette's side?

It's Hicks with the Rangers and Stars :)

It shouldn't mean that Liverpool can't be sold. But if it's true that we are linked to HSG (and we may not be linked at all) then if the club is sold, Hicks gets his money and he goes and pays the people he owes money to with that. Just like is happening with the Dallas Stars. But if Liverpool are connected to HSG, getting sold after the Stars would be very, very, very bad mojo because the people who will be left owed money by then will be the very worst of lenders - loansharks to corporations who will just want to make a quick bit of profit.

But this may not be how things are set up. It may be nothing at all to worry about. Just something to keep an eye on and part of the reason why getting sold quickly is a good thing, providing the person buying us isn't worse than Hicks and Gillett.

---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 AM ----------

thanks for trying to explain that to me zeb, but yeah, you're right, it doesn't make sense; but i'm tired too...
i understand certain parts of it but not all of it;

anyway, i think ima just go live in a cellar or somewhere where i get no internet, radio or telly for a week, then comeback and see whats happened... :p

If Penelope Cruz is in the cellar next door, I'll move in and be your neighbour ;)

PM me or whatever (open to anyone) if you want stuff explaining. Will do my best, and I'll tell you if I haven't got a clue either :)

honestly reading this thread and thhe stuff that is happening, its like god just got bored and thought "im gonna mess with the scousers today". Hope this comes off for you guys

honestly reading this thread and thhe stuff that is happening, its like god just got bored and thought "im gonna mess with the scousers today". Hope this comes off for you guys

Wow, that must be hard for a manc, saying he hopes his clubs biggest rivals are bought, and become filthy rich! :p

no but in all seriousness, i can see where your coming from; i think, i think i'd be the same if it was United that this was happening, hopefully their time will come (yn) and i mean that, it'd be a shame to see us get one up on our biggest rivals cos they went down the ******* thanks to some ****** owners.... :(

honestly though, i occasionally hate being a Liverpool fan (A) we always make hard work of things; hopefully this can be like Istanbul all over again (an appropriate use of a metaphor i think?) shocking first half and then a brilliant second half to make us go mental! :p ie. the second half is a takeover deal being completed ;)

Wow, that must be hard for a manc, saying he hopes his clubs biggest rivals are bought, and become filthy rich! :p

no but in all seriousness, i can see where your coming from; i think, i think i'd be the same if it was United that this was happening, hopefully their time will come (yn) and i mean that, it'd be a shame to see us get one up on our biggest rivals cos they went down the ******* thanks to some ****** owners.... :(

honestly though, i occasionally hate being a Liverpool fan (A) we always make hard work of things; hopefully this can be like Istanbul all over again (an appropriate use of a metaphor i think?) shocking first half and then a brilliant second half to make us go mental! :p ie. the second half is a takeover deal being completed ;)
lol. i cant speak for every manc, but this is a twofold issue for me. one's about not losing a great that both heavily dislike and greatly respect because of a pair of shysters, and two its about the wider impact of poor ownership of our clubs, we've seen if far too often in recent times. and sooner, rather than later one of the real big ones is gonna get nailed to the wall. portsmouth almost went to the wall today. if this fails for you lot you will most likely be in administration next year. I'm sick and tired of the way the leading bodies go on about the money the premier league makes, while rome burns, with football league clubs going into adminstration left right and centre, our national side a shambles, our youth coaching still in the 1980's. does my nut in

got to say im 24 and im already feeling jaded with the Game. or maybe im just tired an cranky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back