The Champions League Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 246K
Milan have too many injuries to beat Barca. Thiago Silva is injured: their best defender, so that will really hurt them.

Milan have too many injuries to beat Barca. Thiago Silva is injured: their best defender, so that will really hurt them.

They also have to beat the referees when it's their turn to play at Camp Nou.

2 big misses early on for Robinho and Boateng. Why are Milan wearing white at home?

2 big misses early on for Robinho and Boateng. Why are Milan wearing white at home?

Paolo Bandini ‏ @Paolo_Bandini
A few asking why Milan's are wearing white. Decision made by Galliani - almost certainly down to superstition. Worn white in past CL finals

Good performance by Milan to hold Barcelona, god knows how they got beat 3-0 to Arsenal at the Emirates. Must of been in hibernate mode that game.

Was it me or was that game just very boring? Credit to Milan, they defended really well. They really needed to take their chances though, especially at Home. At the Nou Camp, Barca will be much better, their fans have an influence on the way they play, the pitch will be better so AC Milan can't approach the game at the Nou Camp as they did tonight because Barca will eventually find a way through.

Was it me or was that game just very boring? Credit to Milan, they defended really well. They really needed to take their chances though, especially at Home. At the Nou Camp, Barca will be much better, their fans have an influence on the way they play, the pitch will be better so AC Milan can't approach the game at the Nou Camp as they did tonight because Barca will eventually find a way through.

True, but if Milan put in another performance like that they would no doubt take it, because them early chances they had they should of at least scored one. Never rated Robinho at all, yes he is a technically gifted player that is clear to see, but I just do not like his work rate/attitude and personality. His composure/finishing does not seem very good either.

Yea it was pretty boring. Milan were missing some key first team players in this match, but some rotation players did really well. Seedorf again looked 5-10 years younger.

I'd fancy our chances better with ThiagoS, Abate and Pato on lineup in Nou Camp, but we need to make do with what we have.

What a performance from Antonini , Mexes and Nesta they were absolutely great defensively . If only Robinho had taken his chance. It doesn't come much as a surprise he missed though , he's always needed to tidy up on his finishing .

All the quarter finals were boring. I think that they should remove this away goal rule in order to stop this boredom.
Dont forget Bonera and Ambrosini, they also performed really well.

All the quarter finals were boring. I think that they should remove this away goal rule in order to stop this boredom.

The away goal rule can make games boring but also very exciting and entertaining. Some examples like John Arne Riise heading into his own goal in injury time against Chelsea and Also Iniesta's 94th minute equaliser at stamford bridge in 2009 (Even though that is one of my most hated goals :'( )

I never knew how good Ambrosini was until I watched him last night, the amount of times he stifled Barcelona in front of the defence, absolutely brilliant. Alessandro Nesta must be one of the all time great defenders as well,to have a performance like that against Barca when just coming back from a set back. Although all of the Milan defence was superb, thought Seedorf had a great game as well.

I never knew how good Ambrosini was until I watched him last night, the amount of times he stifled Barcelona in front of the defence, absolutely brilliant. Alessandro Nesta must be one of the all time great defenders as well,to have a performance like that against Barca when just coming back from a set back. Although all of the Milan defence was superb, thought Seedorf had a great game as well.

Well Ambrosini, Bonera, Seedorf and Antonelli again surprised even the Milan fans. They were great players yesterday and shame that they cant play like that always.

Well Ambrosini, Bonera, Seedorf and Antonelli again surprised even the Milan fans. They were great players yesterday and shame that they cant play like that always.

Yes, although you are top of Serie A, even though Juve are close behind and have not lost a game yet. Maybe you can upset Barcelona at Nou Camp if you give another performance like that and someone can finish the few chances you will get :P Robinho is not the man to do that though, his finishing/composure seems horrid. With Thiago Silva back (I assume he will be) that will only help your chances as well.

Looking forward to the second leg anywayz!

Yes, although you are top of Serie A, even though Juve are close behind and have not lost a game yet. Maybe you can upset Barcelona at Nou Camp if you give another performance like that and someone can finish the few chances you will get :P Robinho is not the man to do that though, his finishing/composure seems horrid. With Thiago Silva back (I assume he will be) that will only help your chances as well.

Looking forward to the second leg anywayz!

Well Juve don't have same injury worries as us. We have had the most injuries in the Serie A and Juve the least and still we are on top.

On Camp Nou it will be either good win for Barca or refs will win it for them either way. Can't see us going through.

Last edited:

All this will do is the away side will just shut up shop and try and get a 0-0 draw. Away goals force the away side to actually attack in the away leg because they will get rewarded for it.

Back