The Champions League Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 246K
barca-mil 2-1 penalty.mpg - YouTube

I would disagree on that one. Nesta is holding Buskets and Poyol is holding Nesta; as much as Nesta is fouling that much Poyol is fouling. And on the first one Antonini removes his foot and barely touches Messi, who dives like he was shot. Unfortunately Imbra is heavier and higher and it is hard for him to dive like this...

As a Milan fan it's hard to look at those and be neutral, but I have to say first penalty call was right. Stupid sliding tackle by Antonini. Second one as you said Puyol is fouling Nesta. Right action in that would've been retake the corner.

We didn't play that well and even without that second penalty to Uefalona I think we would've lost the game unless the team would've played much better the second half ( Like they played when it was 1-1 ) Now I only hope Chelsea manage to kick them out and ruin Uefa's dream of Barca - Real final.

hey hey ;) Hold on your horses since Chelsea hasn't eliminated Benfica, we might be knocked out, but it's 11 vs 11 first.

I don't normally believe in witches, but how the **** did we end up getting FOUR injured center backs in two weeks??????!!!

Gonna have to play Emerson and Javi Garcia on the center of defense I bet --'!

Trouble with penalties like the second one, while its technically correct, refs are rarely consistent throughout the game about how to treat plays like these. The whole thing becomes a coin flip.

Well done Messi scoring 58 club goals this season. Awesome player.

Can't wait for Real Vs Bayern. And Chelsea Vs Barca. Semi Finals are usually the best.

Bayern Munich: Neuer, Lahm, Boateng, Badstuber, Alaba, Gustavo, Schweinsteiger, Robben, Kroos, Ribery, Gomez. Subs: ****, Olic, Rafinha, Pranjic, Contento, Tymoschuk.
Real Madrid: Casillas, Arbeloa, Pepe, Sergio Ramos, Fabio Coentrao, Alonso, Khedira, Di Maria, Ozil, Ronaldo, Benzema. Subs: Adan, Kaka, Granero, Marcelo, Albiol, Varane

Good battle in the studio there. Would you have Neville in his prime or Salgado in his prime??

Quality play from the Bayern full back, he's got forward at an aLahming rate

Please leave this site!!!! lol.

Advantage Bayern it is then but only just. Think Madrid will still fancy themselves at home but if they play anything like they did today then Bayern will go through without a doubt.

Hm, I guess Real will pull back :O I expected a bayern win by one goal, the away goal is important :3

Ramos' performance was dismal to say the least . Well all of the defenders except Pepe who actually and suprisingly kept a calm head . Real Madrid's attack was innocuous. Jupp Heynckes honestly outsmarted Mourihno tactically but Jupp Heynckes needs to tell his players ( as fm would say ) : '' Its not over yet. The tie is only at half-time '' because I believe this tie is not lost . I also believe we don't know what impact the away goal has on the aggregate score .

Tactical masterclass from Bayern, Toni Kroos was immense (he looks world class player).

Very impressive result for Bayern. Not a big fan of them but I'm sick of the Spanish and English dominance of the Champions League. To me Bundesliga is the most entertaining league in the world and I like to see German teams doing well. Just a pity Dortmund tanked this year :(

Today was Chelsea's day. deserved win by the Blues. Barca just looked 'off' somehow.

Back