The Champions League Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 246K
All this will do is the away side will just shut up shop and try and get a 0-0 draw. Away goals force the away side to actually attack in the away leg because they will get rewarded for it.
And that forces the home team to play very carefully and try to achieve either 0-0 or 1-0, especially in the first legs. The home team seems to be in a huge disadvantage. While the away team shut up shop and try to get a 0-0 draw and if they score in a counter-attack that is perfect. Well at least this is the case in the close games this season. If there is a huge gap between the teams then yes it is a good rule.

Not sure if this has been posted anywhere or not...

But watch what Iker Casillas does in this video at the Apoel Vs Real Madrid game

CASILLAS MOCO A NIN
(link to video on youtube)

Absolutely disgusting, lost all respect for Casillas completely, yet he is a football role model when he does something like that?

Wooohooo, incredible , one more robbed penalty for Barcelona! After the Chelsea robbery that happened a few years ago, can anyone be surprised really?

Wooohooo, incredible , one more robbed penalty for Barcelona! After the Chelsea robbery that happened a few years ago, can anyone be surprised really?

Robbed penalty means you are saying that was not a penalty for Barca?

so so so so so so incredibly stupid by one of the most experienced players on the pitch Mr Nesta.

Ref siding a bit again with Barcelona. Didn't book Alves on that tackle on Abbiati and Messi on that second penalty where he slowed down.

2-1 with two penalties! This is getting pitiful!

I hate Barca more than most and when it comes to Barca and penalties i have more right than anyone to be ****** off as a Chelsea supporter. Having said that both penalty decisions today were stone wall.

I hate Barca more than most and when it comes to Barca and penalties i have more right than anyone to be ****** off as a Chelsea supporter. Having said that both penalty decisions today were stone wall.

Well first penalty was really easy one. Second not. Puyol was hanging on Nesta as Nesta was hanging on Biscuits. Retake corner? Yes. Penalty? Definately no.

And there you go. Mascherano tripping Ibra ( Bit easily yes, but still tripping ) and no penalty. Nice

I think I will skip the rest of the Champions League after this match...Money and referees playing more than the football players in this tournament.

Much as i hate their antics, the penalty calls were right. Milan should have had one though

barca-mil 2-1 penalty.mpg - YouTube

I would disagree on that one. Nesta is holding Buskets and Poyol is holding Nesta; as much as Nesta is fouling that much Poyol is fouling. And on the first one Antonini removes his foot and barely touches Messi, who dives like he was shot. Unfortunately Imbra is heavier and higher and it is hard for him to dive like this...

Back