The Champions League Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 246K
BIG GAME GINGE - GET IN... :)

15 goals, 12 assists.. .cant wait till he's over the 1st season jitters :p

Fantastic from City well deserved. So much for the prem being a "step down" for Zlatan. **** off back to your one team'd league you smelly french bastards.

When is the semi final draw?

Thank **** it won't be another Bayern-Barca-Real semi finals.

Glad Barca are out tbh. They always seem to get decisions in the big matches, Chelsea fans probably get it worst off haha

IT'S A ******* DISGRACE!

Some great football last night, absolutely chuffed to bits that Atleti went through absolutely one of my favourite to watch. I have some serious, serious man love for Simeone and Antoine Greizmann, he could well be player of the tournament in the Euro's. Was an absolutely massive game last night, undoubtedly the biggest of the week, Barce appear to have hit a bit of a wall in recent weeks and both Madrid clubs will be looking to get back in the title race.

Some great football last night, absolutely chuffed to bits that Atleti went through absolutely one of my favourite to watch. I have some serious, serious man love for Simeone and Antoine Greizmann, he could well be player of the tournament in the Euro's. Was an absolutely massive game last night, undoubtedly the biggest of the week, Barce appear to have hit a bit of a wall in recent weeks and both Madrid clubs will be looking to get back in the title race.

Not sure what great game you are talking about, everyone knows Barca vs Atletico was overshawdowed by Europa league between some Dortmund and Liverpool and will do it again today.

After all how can PSG vs City and Atletico vs Barca can be better than Dortmund vs Liverpool. At least people who think sun shines only in their **** thinks so.

On the game though, what a game. I was exhausted just watching Atletico Madrid players run for 90 mins like a mad men. Discipline, tactical awareness, every player knowing their duty. Purely team effort.

Hopefully they will go on to win the trophy.

Not sure what great game you are talking about, everyone knows Barca vs Atletico was overshawdowed by Europa league between some Dortmund and Liverpool and will do it again today.

After all how can PSG vs City and Atletico vs Barca can be better than Dortmund vs Liverpool. At least people who think sun shines only in their **** thinks so.

On the game though, what a game. I was exhausted just watching Atletico Madrid players run for 90 mins like a mad men. Discipline, tactical awareness, every player knowing their duty. Purely team effort.

Hopefully they will go on to win the trophy.

Yeah I saw in the pool thread and as much as I get it is a big game to both sets of fans in the scheme of things it is not bigger than both the 1/4 finals you mentioned. Top 2 in La Liga facing off for a place in the last 4 of the biggest club competition in the world? its no brainer really. Then add in the back story of the Barce front 3 underperforming and there season being on a knife edge, last night was massive.

Yeah god knows how Simeone gets them to do it for 90 minutes, he must be one of the best man managers in the business you would assume, that style of play does not work not only if the full 11 don't buy into it but also the full squad. Be interesting to see what happens in the summer transfer wise, someone will be going balls deep or Greizmann and probably Saul too, will be release clause jobs you imagine sure Geizmanns is about 85m even that looks a good deal atm haha

Yeah I saw in the pool thread and as much as I get it is a big game to both sets of fans in the scheme of things it is not bigger than both the 1/4 finals you mentioned. Top 2 in La Liga facing off for a place in the last 4 of the biggest club competition in the world? its no brainer really. Then add in the back story of the Barce front 3 underperforming and there season being on a knife edge, last night was massive.

Yeah god knows how Simeone gets them to do it for 90 minutes, he must be one of the best man managers in the business you would assume, that style of play does not work not only if the full 11 don't buy into it but also the full squad. Be interesting to see what happens in the summer transfer wise, someone will be going balls deep or Greizmann and probably Saul too, will be release clause jobs you imagine sure Geizmanns is about 85m even that looks a good deal atm haha

Best attack in the world vs best defense in the world and 2 of the richest clubs facing each other but somehow there are people who think Europa league overshadowed this. Word delusion is not enough.

Simeone's work on player's conditioning is unreal. Remember there was a video when he laughed his *** off when he saw Vietto's stamina and when he couldn't run anymore in the training.

Don't think Greizmann will leave, whatever the release clause he is worth it. Amazing player.

Saw stat that Ronaldo scored 1 goal less than Messi, Neymar and Suarez combined in CL this season. That's some stat.

Yeah I love how the pen is Barca's excuse. How quickly they forget how they won the first leg? Suarez should have had 2 red cards there, instead he scored two goals.

Seriously.

Yeah I love how the pen is Barca's excuse. How quickly they forget how they won the first leg? Suarez should have had 2 red cards there, instead he scored two goals.

Seriously.

Iniesta who played the pass for the penalty shouldn't be even on the pitch. It was clear red card offense by him.

Funny how Catalan press is saying ref is the reason why Barca are out.

Iniesta who played the pass for the penalty shouldn't be even on the pitch. It was clear red card offense by him.

Funny how Catalan press is saying ref is the reason why Barca are out.

The funniest of all was that when Atlético was 1-0 up they began to say "this looks like another Stamford Bridge". Unconscious slipped. Yeah, luckily it wasn't another scandalous robbery for Barça to pass.

Semis have been drawn: Atlético de Madrid - Bayern München and Manchester City - Real Madrid.

The Real fans are already in their annoying valuation of rivals. It looks like this: "Do I know more than three players from the other team? No. Do I even watch their league? It doesn't matter I've never watched them, if I don't know more than two or three players they're a ****** team" So they're already saying Manchester City is a piece of cake (helped by the fact Pellegrini managed Real Madrid, which means they despise him). Except the handful that are saying Bayern would be even easier. Ffs.

Well, in basketball they got the quarterfinals against Fenerbahçe Ulker Istambul, with a great squad and managed by the best manager there is: Zeljko Obradovic, who's won eight Euroleagues. But since they don't watch Turkish league, all they know is Fenerbahçe has one ex-NBA player, Vesely, who's injured. So they started to bang on with "Fenerbahçe will be easy because they're missing Vesely" like he was the only player they had. They had a star team. They got former EL champion Ricky Hickman, very strong Ekpe Udoh, wonderkid Mahmutoglu, Pero Antic who's kind of irregular but is a rock and when he gets the good day he's deadly from any distance (he's also the second ex-NBA they have), Bogdan Bogdanovic who's a world class shooter, twice EL champions with Olympiacos and great point guard Kostas Sloukas, Nikola Kalinic who's a wonderful wrist and has a lot of talent, runner up in past World Championship with Serbia. And all of that lead from the bench by genius Zeljko Obradovic, won eight of the eleven FFs he got to IIRC (his first three he won [EDIT: He's been in fifteen FFs]). How the **** can they be easy just because they miss Vesely? They're still the huge favourites to win Euroleague this year, but you get Madrid fans (mostly the footballists I think) claiming they were easy. That is, until the series began and Fenerbahçe mopped the court with Real Madrid. I couldn't watch the first match, but WHAT A MARVELOUS MATCH DID FENERBAHÇE PLAY YESTERDAY!. Superb in every aspect of their play, showing the marks of an Obradovic team that make me love him as a coach (albeit right behind Aíto¹ García Reneses, another genius).

¹Aíto is a colloquial short of Alejandro. Alejandro -> Alejandrito -> Aíto. Not to confuse with Aitor, which is a Basque name.

Last edited:
interesting half of football, no chances but enjoyable nonetheless, gutted Silva went off he was starting to influence things. Navas is as infuriating as ever and some of KDB decision making has been infuriating too!

Am I the only one who has been really impressed with Fernando and Fernandinho work rate at mid. Think it might be good that Toure is out?

Silva sub messed up their end of half. Hope they come stronger in. Strange that Bony is not on bench he would have been physically better against Real defense.
Ramos was also lucky not to get yellow.

Kun has been lost. Hope we can see him more on the second half.

Yeah I agree it is a good thing Yaya is out, it provides a good base for the front 4 to operate on if oonly Navas had some end product.

[TABLE="width: 97%, align: left"]
[TR]
[TD]Smashed em to a 0-0.. BBBBLLLLLUUEEEE MMOOOOONNNN.... If only Raheem the Dream could trap a ball. LOL[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Atletico's style is basically kryptonite for posession football.

Lewy very poor. As usual he can't cope with highly physical defenders. It's funny, because he's quite a dirty player when he can shove defenders around, but when he runs into people who can fight back, he starts to avoid contacts and 50-50 balls.

Back