• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 453K
Player: Wayne Rooney
Team managing: Manchester United
Team buying: Real Madrid
Offer: £40 million
Year: Summer 2012
Info: So over my first season, I've won 3 trophies (if the Community Shield counts), the Premiership title by more than 10pts and the Carling Cup. I also reached the semi-final of the FA Cup and lost to Barcelona in the final of the Champions League. I was hoping we would win all 5 but towards the end we ran out of steam a bit and got a few injuries.
Anyway, Rooney was a crucial part of our attacking line-up this season. He was given a free role as a deep-lying forward- support to collect the ball from deep, spread it wide to Valencia who topped the league assist charts, combine with Nani who was also given a creative role to cut in from the left or play in Hernandez who finished top goalscorer. He made the team tick basically.
If I sold him, I'm not sure who I would sign to replace him. Yaya Sanogo played okay for his first season when I signed him but is injured until October this season and is still very young. Federico Macheda would be decent backup but I'm not sure he has Rooney's quality in the short term.
So I'm thinking no deal, but £40 million is a lot of money considering our debt, he is on high wages and we can maybe use that money to sign a long-term replacement for Nemanja Vidic in defence. To sell him could spark a very long transitional period to find a replacement and I'm not sure that we could win the league in the next two years without him, but it would make an interesting challenge. Thoughts?

****, thats alot of info :P
Well, honestly. Rooney is the best player Manu has got. If it were upto me, i wouldnt sell him. He's a guarantee to play at the top for another 6 years. Minimum. So selling him would be unwise. On the other hand, if you want to make money, sell other players and build a very young team. I mean, you could buy a young player and sell him for a huge profit in a couple years. I think no deal. If you get 100 mil, then yes. Deal.

Info: So over my first season, I've won 3 trophies (if the Community Shield counts), the Premiership title by more than 10pts and the Carling Cup. I also reached the semi-final of the FA Cup and lost to Barcelona in the final of the Champions League. I was hoping we would win all 5 but towards the end we ran out of steam a bit and got a few injuries.
Anyway, Rooney was a crucial part of our attacking line-up this season. He was given a free role as a deep-lying forward- support to collect the ball from deep, spread it wide to Valencia who topped the league assist charts, combine with Nani who was also given a creative role to cut in from the left or play in Hernandez who finished top goalscorer. He made the team tick basically.
If I sold him, I'm not sure who I would sign to replace him. Yaya Sanogo played okay for his first season when I signed him but is injured until October this season and is still very young. Federico Macheda would be decent backup but I'm not sure he has Rooney's quality in the short term.
So I'm thinking no deal, but £40 million is a lot of money considering our debt, he is on high wages and we can maybe use that money to sign a long-term replacement for Nemanja Vidic in defence. To sell him could spark a very long transitional period to find a replacement and I'm not sure that we could win the league in the next two years without him, but it would make an interesting challenge. Thoughts?
Well,in my opinion then you should get a DLF striker because that's the factor why Hernandez can score a lot of goals. Macheda and Sanogo aren't a DLF striker. You should get G.Rossi for his replacement. And you shouldn't buy anyone for Vidic's replacement (If you still keep Smalling, Evans and Jones)

Player: Christian Eriksen
Team selling: Ajax
Offer: 7.75 million
Year: Mar 2012.
Info: He wants to leave Ajax, but he has a preference of playing BBVA and for Barcelona. They're not interested tho. I have Tom Cleverley and Shinji Kagawa who can play in the attacking midfielder role. It's a great price and i'm more likely to sell him off eventually. Any advice?

Sell some player , APART from Rooney (It will be at least another 10 years before you get a player of his quality). How did Ashley Young do? If he didnt do great , sell him and get Junior Hoilett. If you want another striker , sign Seydou Doumbia ( One of the best players on the game in a couple of years, he signed for Liverpool on my save for 8 mil, and in his first full season he got young&player of the season, golden boot (38 goals and 22 assits in 35 games ) and player of the year.

Player: Christian Eriksen
Team selling: Ajax
Offer: 7.75 million
Year: Mar 2012.
Info: He wants to leave Ajax, but he has a preference of playing BBVA and for Barcelona. They're not interested tho. I have Tom Cleverley and Shinji Kagawa who can play in the attacking midfielder role. It's a great price and i'm more likely to sell him off eventually. Any advice?

Great price for a great player who can also perform in the MCL/R position as AP - Attack, Deal

Two things here:

1. 40 Mill is too little for Rooney as his replacement will cost you much more. Refuse now and try to get somewhere in the region of 70 Mill, a replacement DLF - support would be one of those who mostly cost a lot, Rossi (VillaReal), Damiao (Internacional, but play him a TM - Support), Dzeko (Man City, also TM - Support) or Ibrahimovic (Milan).

2. Macheda, tried him in many saves and he always performs much higher than his stats, he'll easily replace Hernandez for you if you give him enough first team football, although ideally a poacher, I've tried him in different roles including DLF - Support and CF - Support as a lone striker, he never averaged under 40 goals a season for me whether managing Inter, Milan, Bayern or even Barcelona.

Player: Jack Wilshere / Gervinho
Team you are managing: QPR
Team who are buying/selling: Arsenal
Offer: Wilshere 15m / Gervinho 4m
Year: 2014/15
Other Info: Need a good AMR because wright phillips is getting old would have got rid of him already but hes played so well for my team. I mostly have an older team and I thought wilshere was too good to pass up on for so cheap. Theyre both transfer listed as theyre unhappy.

Other Info: Need a good AMR because wright phillips is getting old would have got rid of him already but hes played so well for my team. I mostly have an older team and I thought wilshere was too good to pass up on for so cheap. Theyre both transfer listed as theyre unhappy.

DEAL for both..no-brainer really

Deal for Wiltshire. I never rated gervinho but then again I never really played with him. 4m is a good price. I'd look at Wilfried zaha first but gervinho should play well. Victor Moses also plays very well.

deal for both. im sure nothing can go wrong for gervinho at 4m and he becomes quality if used correctly. :)

Ive never used wilshere, but DEAl Gervinho, in my Norwich save he came 2nd for footballer of the year and he scored 20 goals in 29 games

Dont sell... He'll be your 1st team player atleast till he's 34/35.. he's too good..

Player: Javier Hernandez
Team Managing: Arsenal
Team Selling: Manchester United
Price: 6m pounds
September 2012
Other Info: I have Olivier Giroud and Alberto Paloschi right now.

September 2012

Deal!!! Why's he so cheap?

September 2012
Deal I bought him for £6m in my current Everton save and so far 40 league goals in 19 league appearances.

I didn't know we're I should have this but it seems like it should go here so.

Im Everton in my second season in January. Using lfcs update.
i was just offered the chance to sell my Rooney clause.
which is 25% of the profit on his next transfer. He signed for £20m.
im being offered £11.49m to sell the clause.
It seems good as I don't see myself making £11m off this deal if they sell him which I don't think they will.

Yeah cash that in i've only seen him leave once in about the 8 saves i've made it to the year he retires, and he went to arsenal of all places on a free

Yeah cash that in i've only seen him leave once in about the 8 saves i've made it to the year he retires, and he went to arsenal of all places on a free
Thanks. Make look to finance some winter spending with that money.

Player: Rene Adler
Team you are managing: Tottenham
Team who are buying/selling: Leverkusen
Offer: £4m
Year: 2012/2013
Notes : Frediel is past it, and gomes went to Man city for £8m

Back