Been out the last 24 hours but good to see how this is progressed. Desperately looking forward to smashing the English with Matthew Ryan in the sticks!

Had my 2nd practise match just now vs Patrick.

Safe to say, I think my lack of confidence has gone. :p

I really like this idea. I'd have put my name in the hat but being Irish, I've no ties to either country.
Anything I can do, let me know. I'd love to donate some Photoshop work to ye :)

I really like this idea. I'd have put my name in the hat but being Irish, I've no ties to either country.

Oh, you need to have a tie to one of the countries to participate?...Opps ;) haha

Looking forward to getting started! My Steam name is Craigusblue, again, in case anyone needs it...

Don't worry mate, look out in a week or so for an idea from myself that will include all of us. Not saying anything except the title: FM Base World Cup. Leave you guys to figure out the rest.

By the way, this looks super interesting, don't have ties to either nation but as Lewie is my mate, I guess I'm supporting the Lions for this one.

Thanks for that mate, will have a think. May just take you up on that offer :)

Being Irish is close enough to being Australian I think? We both like a drink...... :p

Ok, so assuming Godfish gets the teams done on schedule & that we have no problems working out what to do with them etc., it looks like the first test will be played between Monday 27th July & Monday 3rd of August. Feel free to contact your opponent & discuss a time for your games, download regions, hosts etc. (if you haven't already)

A reminder of the first test fixtures...

Also guys, its winner posts the result! That way the victor can put what ever spin on the match he likes! I encourage as much, good natured, sledging/banter as possible. Keeping in mind we are all mates, so no personal attacks ;)

At the end of each test I will d a summary of results & update the overall scores much in the manner of the above :)

Anyway, good luck to all (mostly the Aussies) & have fun with it!

Going to go with a prediction of 4-1 to the English and Captain Godfish to bring home the inaugural FM-Base Ashes!

I would say 5-0 but I don't want to hurt the feelings of the Aussies too much...

Going to go with a prediction of 4-1 to the English and Captain Godfish to bring home the inaugural FM-Base Ashes!

I would say 5-0 but I don't want to hurt the feelings of the Aussies too much...

Who's gonna lose? :p

I will say a tight 3-2 to England in the 1st test anyway. :)