The FM11 Editing Help thread

• Thread starter Thread starter tiraths
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 790
  • Views Views 158K
find serie D and E on editor and remove them
go to 'competition' and 'add' - create your own serie D as it should be and serie E with correct promotion/relegation spots
then 'add nation rules' 'edit existing structure' 'italy' and you should be able to add your new leagues below serie C

I have done, that, I am asking for advanced help. How can I have 5 relegation spots and 9 promotion spots, as the editor will not allow it. Then if possible, the next season to have 9 relegation and 9 promotion.

I have done, that, I am asking for advanced help. How can I have 5 relegation spots and 9 promotion spots, as the editor will not allow it. Then if possible, the next season to have 9 relegation and 9 promotion.

i dont think it's possible, unless you try simply adding the original serie d & e and hoping that the editor will be clever abd realise that it's got to add extra teams to be promoted first season like it does with the BSN

if that doesn't work then there are 2 ways around it.

the first would be to reinstate the missing teams and to put them on the edge of going under so they are in the same boat they would have been if they had continued this year.

the second would be to create the extra teams in serie D and to give them players with 1 CA and 1 PA the worst youth facilities and transfer embargo's of 100 years so they can only use players from their youth teams as that should make them drop down the divisions quickly so tehy don't show and would work around the problem.

Hi guys.

I've downloaded and added on more divisions/tiers to the English Football League to Football Manager. I've also trialled a new game and made sure it works. That's all fine.

However, in Editor, I would like to add some players and change some details to my chosen team, AFC Totton.

In Editor, when I load the database, no data files are being found. No Agreements, Awards, Clubs, Cities, Competitions, Continents, Derbies, etc. It's not finding them, and not bringing them up for Edit.

However, when I 'Load Editor Data' I can access, bring up, and edit Rules. Once uploaded, in the tab 'England - Nation Rules' under Menu, it has plenty of Competition Rules data to edit. That's all fine.

But again, when you click on the Database tab, 0 files are found. No clubs, no Players, all that jazz.

So it's finding and bringing up Rules, Competition, League data... but when I load the Database it's not finding the real data files, or the database, that I want to edit.

I'm new to this. This is my first attempt at Editor. Anyone have any ideas, can help, or knows what is going on? Cheers

Ok I would like to know if it is possible to get non-european teams into the champions league. For example the top 4 teams from the USA going into it.

Is this possible using the editor.

Ok I would like to know if it is possible to get non-european teams into the champions league. For example the top 4 teams from the USA going into it.

Is this possible using the editor.

I think you can do this (I remember seeing people on SI asking about it) by putting the USA or MLS into Europe, which might mess up some other things. You could ask about it here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/158116-The-Official-General-Database-Editing-Thread (need a membership to view). You might have to do it with the advanced editor though, which is a)really difficult, b)few people use it, and c)no one will answer your questions unless you're clearly pretty experienced with it. Your best bet might be sticking to the CONCACAF champions league and playing a European team when you reach the Club World Cup. Let me know if you figure it out though, I might want to try it out.

i have found the editor file but how do i open it to edit stuff ?? all it does is take me to another files called data so i open that and its got other file basic comps, format, menus, panels, screens etc. its driving me crazy help me pleeeeeeeeeease .

Last edited:
i have found the editor file but how do i open it to edit stuff ?? all it does is take me to another files called data so i open that and its got other file basic comps, format, menus, panels, screens etc. its driving me crazy help me pleeeeeeeeeease .

follow the file path on the top of the screenshot and then click on the one with the football symbol

you haven't had an answer because nobody has an answer to give

Regardless, i will try... You may have to 'Add nation Rules' and create the Austrian League from scratch but i don't recall seeing a wage cap as an editable option before so it may be something that is hard-coded into the game and therefore un-editable

Q1

Ok so Im doing a YOURSELF IN FM database and have conjured up a some problems , All the favoured personel&Clubs are doubling. So its coming up Favoured club: Rangers, Man Utd, Rangers, Man Utd. -- How do I stop this from happening ? what have i done wrong ?

Q2

Some of the players I have created have appeared twice, One just as Player (16yo) the other as (16yo) and under 21 player.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Q1

Ok so Im doing a YOURSELF IN FM database and have conjured up a some problems , All the favoured personel&Clubs are doubling. So its coming up Favoured club: Rangers, Man Utd, Rangers, Man Utd. -- How do I stop this from happening ? what have i done wrong ?

Q2

Some of the players I have created have appeared twice, One just as Player (16yo) the other as (16yo) and under 21 player.

Any help would be appreciated :)
Unsure to be honest but if you are still having problems with this by tomorrow i can have a go at making the database myself and post it up for you

Unsure to be honest but if you are still having problems with this by tomorrow i can have a go at making the database myself and post it up for you

Yeah mate that would be handy, What I'll do is tomorrow as im gonna go to sleep now im nackered and cba. I will mess around tomorrow probably make all the players again to see if I can get it working. if not would be really appreciated. I'll pm you tomorrow about it mate thanks :D :wub:

Hi, I am doing a you are in the game on another forum I would like to know what stats do I put?
Do I put 10 on all of them? E.g. Acceleration: 10. Or is there a button "random stats".

cheers

Hi, I am doing a you are in the game on another forum I would like to know what stats do I put?
Do I put 10 on all of them? E.g. Acceleration: 10. Or is there a button "random stats".

cheers

Just leave them at 0, they will random themselves, Pick say either 3-5 where you put weel say 3 at say 16. and then 3 at 5 - down to what the players want their best and worst attributes to be and the rest will sort itself out ;)

Just leave them at 0, they will random themselves, Pick say either 3-5 where you put weel say 3 at say 16. and then 3 at 5 - down to what the players want their best and worst attributes to be and the rest will sort itself out ;)

Cheers mate!

So eg:

top three attributes: a, b, c
a: 16
b:16
c:16

worst: d, e, f
d: 5
e: 5
f: 5
?

Do their hidden attributes also sort out themselves?

Do their hidden attributes also sort out themselves?
yep, depending on what you set the current ability and potential ability at

CA and PA are out of 200 btw

Back