The FM11 Editing Help thread

• Thread starter Thread starter tiraths
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 790
  • Views Views 158K
Post questions you have about the Data Editor, FMRTE or anything else editing related. Read some of the posts above you to make sure your question hasn't already been answered and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Ok ive been looking everywhere on the net for the solution to my problem......my problem is that i want to make a league but for some reason cant do it.i need a step by step guide on how to make a league from scratch.Nothing i try seems to work and t really starting to **** me off now.I honestly dont know where to begin with trying to explain my problem. Everything else editing im fine with, just when it comes to making a new league or cup it dont work. I guess what im saying is can someone give me a step by step guide on how to do please. Ill be eternally grateful.

I think you can do this (I remember seeing people on SI asking about it) by putting the USA or MLS into Europe, which might mess up some other things. You could ask about it here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/158116-The-Official-General-Database-Editing-Thread (need a membership to view). You might have to do it with the advanced editor though, which is a)really difficult, b)few people use it, and c)no one will answer your questions unless you're clearly pretty experienced with it. Your best bet might be sticking to the CONCACAF champions league and playing a European team when you reach the Club World Cup. Let me know if you figure it out though, I might want to try it out.

So if I was to put the MLS in europe I would have to pick a country to put it in. So say I pick malta, would that then mean teams in the MLS would only get maltese regens.

uh, by the way
can I get some enlightenment about the "advanced editor" in this thread?

So if I was to put the MLS in europe I would have to pick a country to put it in. So say I pick malta, would that then mean teams in the MLS would only get maltese regens.

no they would still get american regens due to ergens coming from the country the city the club is based in not the country of the league. e.g. L.A. is in the U.S.A. so galaxy will get mainly american regens however toronto is a canadian city so they will get canadian regens.

Newbie to Editing

Hello people, im totaly new to the editor, altho i have done some modding on oblivion, fallout etc so im not totaly useless,lol, ive tried to learn it myself but im having a problem. I have created my own player then saved it under the; SAVE EDITOR DATA AS option, renamed the folder, then ive started a new game ticked on the file, which is named as a DB file ( i think ), it then seems to load it, i then start a new game but my player isnt in the team ive chosen. I have noticed an option in the EDITOR that says MERGE EDITOR DATA, is that what you have to do for it to appear in game?? Altho that particular option is faded out in the FILE dropdown. I know im missing something but cant quite figure it ( yet ),lol. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:
How do you turn of transfers & loans for certain leagues? I cant seem to find it.
What I want is for my database/league where no players from any of the 20 teams can be sold, and no teams can purchase/loan players

EDIT: also is there a way to set all player values to £0 without doing it all in singles?
RE-EDIT: id also like to know if I can cancel all wages so every player gets £0

Last edited:
no they would still get american regens due to ergens coming from the country the city the club is based in not the country of the league. e.g. L.A. is in the U.S.A. so galaxy will get mainly american regens however toronto is a canadian city so they will get canadian regens.

Ok mate cheers. ill give it a goo.

Is anyone available to help me or?

I want to know how to turn off transfers for certain leagues so teams cannot buy/sell/loan players
Id like the wage bill at those clubs to be set to £0 and Id like all players in that league to have no wages & contracts for 10 years.
Id also like to know if there is a way that managers cant get sacked?

Is anyone available to help me or?

I want to know how to turn off transfers for certain leagues so teams cannot buy/sell/loan players
Id like the wage bill at those clubs to be set to £0 and Id like all players in that league to have no wages & contracts for 10 years.
Id also like to know if there is a way that managers cant get sacked?
i don't think any of this is possible

hi when i click on the editor, it says unable to find essential data

anyone know how to fix this problem??

REALLLLLLLY NEED to use the editor too...please help, thanks

Hey, I re-created the leagues of Portugal, Ukraine, Germany, Russia, Greece, Norway, Finland, and Sweden with the editor. I don't know what to do about TV dates, TV money, or relegation parachute payment...where can I find out this information for each of the leagues? Thanks.

Last edited:
can someone tell me what weight measurement the editor uses please? thanks! :)

i can use the editor confidently, it's just, I've created a db and it won't let me start it. When it loads and says 'loading custom database' it always creates a crash dump :@ i've tried all the defragmentation things on steam but it won't work. Anyone know what to do?

is there an advanced editor or something that lets you create a new nation? thanks

Hey, I re-created the leagues of Portugal, Ukraine, Germany, Russia, Greece, Norway, Finland, and Sweden with the editor. I don't know what to do about TV dates, TV money, or relegation parachute payment...where can I find out this information for each of the leagues? Thanks.

Anyone?

Last edited:
to find out this kind of information you will need to search the internet

if you create your own leagues you can schedule tv however you like and set payments as high or low as you like

to find out this kind of information you will need to search the internet

if you create your own leagues you can schedule tv however you like and set payments as high or low as you like

either that or try holidaying a season in each nation seprately where you manage every team in the league, however triv's method is quicker aslong as someone has posted them somewhere.

either that or try holidaying a season in each nation seprately where you manage every team in the league, however triv's method is quicker aslong as someone has posted them somewhere.

On the editor (using regular editor) just says Television money (per club)...is that annual? And I would use an average for the league? Would definitely work for the Bundesliga (probably how they do it in real life) but I doubt it would for the Portuguese league, where I'm assuming the big 3 collect all of the TV money.

Edit: if we're talking about annual money for TV, as part of the agreement the Bundesliga clubs each get 9 million pounds per year. But in the Liga Sagres, each team negotiates its own TV deal, so I don't know what to do. Any recommendations? I don't really care about the other leagues so much, they're all on view only anyway.

Last edited:
I have recently bought fm 2011 couple days after this I started using the editor it worked great. The next time I went to load it it said it was already running I waited and waited nothing happened then a message came up saying " error, unable to find essential data. Please ensure that the game is installed correctly. If the problem persists, please contact technical support". Now I'm not very good with computers but I know I haven't changed anything form the last time I used editor when it was working fine. So anyway I could really use some

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

ERROR: Unable to find some essential data. Please ensure the game is installed correctly. If the problem persists contact Support

2nd time I've used it the 1st time it worked fine what's wrong now?

Back