The FM11 Editing Help thread

• Thread starter Thread starter tiraths
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 790
  • Views Views 158K
On the editor (using regular editor) just says Television money (per club)...is that annual? And I would use an average for the league? Would definitely work for the Bundesliga (probably how they do it in real life) but I doubt it would for the Portuguese league, where I'm assuming the big 3 collect all of the TV money.

Edit: if we're talking about annual money for TV, as part of the agreement the Bundesliga clubs each get 9 million pounds per year. But in the Liga Sagres, each team negotiates its own TV deal, so I don't know what to do. Any recommendations? I don't really care about the other leagues so much, they're all on view only anyway.

the tv money section is anually and i think it has to be split up evenly between the clubs. erm it's probably best to use an average for the league in terms of tv money however if you change the move games for tv section so that it reflects how often the big clubs are on tv then they might get a higher percentage of that.

hi if I put a future transfer (ben arfa to newcastle) as editing to update my database will the money come out of the in game finances

i would like to make a database, where the epl teams are made into/combined together, by counties or regions in england. For instance merseyside fc - everton and liverpool, north east - newcastle and sunderland, manchester - city and utd, lancashire - blackpool, bolton, blackburn and wigan, midlands - villa, birmingham, wolves, wba and stoke, london - chelsea, west ham, fulham, spurs and arsenal

so thats 6 teams made up of the epl.

I want to make that into a league system, but include championship and lower league regional teams, such as; lower league north west, ll east (all of east england), ll midlands, and ll south (including swansea and cardiff) could also include glasgow clubs, edinburgh clubs, if needed. To make 12.

10 / 12 teams are there, with no promotion or relegation, and a "copa del rey" style cup.

I am pretty useless at editing, so i need to know how to go about making this database, and i also need to know if anyone has attempted this before or if anyone has any tips or advice on the task. And how time consuming it is going to be, (i am not patient when it comes to editing!)

thanks, hilly :)

bump :s

Hi, I am creating a new database using Ukraine (Renaming it to Khartzan) and using 20 custom team names in a league with high reputation with 2 divisions KSO - KOP which promote-relegate to each other. I want a national cup with 9 teams from the 1st division and 7 from the second playing in group stages then to a knock out quarterfinals.
I also want to add regens and rename them according to a huge list of names I've made and even make some custom lads. I'm fine with making the minuature kits but can't make the larger scale ones (fine too)

How do I go about doing this?

I'm not some expert to use editor, but for the first time (:O) I used editor few hours ago..
I create a player (Me) and put that I have 15 years, and put more than decent stats. When I start new game, I find myself and my stats are completely different, I mean very low (I put stats like 16,17,18...and now I have 6,7,8 ...)
Why? maybe because I'm too young?

Please could someone let me know what I'm doing wrong.

I've created an Irish super league and am having the same problems as this chap: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f74/editing-help-t44031.html, the Irish clubs only purchase from UK teams.

Alcaraz offered a solution on a different thread but I am unable to find his thread, he suggested it was the transfer preferences.

In my database I've done the following:

Set transfer preferences to 20 for all major european countries
Provided 8 Irish clubs with huge transfer and wages budgets
Given same 8 Irish clubs 9999 reputation
Provided same 8 Irish clubs with best managers and staff in the game
Given Irish Premier League rep of 200
Increased Ireland's Economic factor, Euro coefficients and reputation to best in the game
Included agreement for EU

However the Irish clubs just pay massive money for UK players. I've taken over the rich Irish clubs and have managed to sign the likes of Messi without any problems.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong as the AI managers never sign players outside of the UK? Is it somehow hardcoded for Ireland to only ever sign UK players?

Hi,

I'm using the editor for the first time and was wondering if there was anyway to change the chairman of a club or initiate a tycoon takeover? I've read this thread and can't really see anything that helps me bar making the current chairman hate the club.

How do I do this and how do I guarantee that a tycoon will takeover?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi,

I'm using the editor for the first time and was wondering if there was anyway to change the chairman of a club or initiate a tycoon takeover? I've read this thread and can't really see anything that helps me bar making the current chairman hate the club.

The truth is you can't really guarantee a tycoon takeover. You can edit some stats of the existing chairman so that he will probably want to sell the club but that's it really

Hi,

Follow on the instructions on this thread Tycoon Takeovers before starting a new game.

Once in the game, use FMRTE to Oust Current Chairman and he will be taken over by Tycoon

I need help, I just downloaded the fmrte and I was trying to swap 2 players and theres no button anywhere to click apply, and at the bottom of the page it says "the swap was aborted as both players must hav", and that constantly stays at the bottom even when i'm not trying to swap players. how can i swap them??

First of all hello everyone.
I wanted to edit a team and her players abilities aswel. I did it with the game editor ( Sport Interactive-> FM2011-> tools-> editor). I have started a new game with this team for review, and everything was fine but I still wanted to change a few more player abilities..
I changed, I saved the new editor data , I started again a new game with this team and the newest data do not appear. There are still the same abilities as after the first editing. Does anyone know what the problem is?

I am sorry if I have some( or many =] ) spelling or grammer mistakes. English is not my native language.

Last edited:
First of all hello everyone.
I wanted to edit a team and her players abilities aswel. I did it with the game editor ( Sport Interactive-> FM2011-> tools-> editor). I have started a new game with this team for review, and everything was fine but I still wanted to change a few more player abilities..
I changed, I saved the new editor data , I started again a new game with this team and the newest data do not appear. There are still the same abilities as after the first editing. Does anyone know what the problem is?

I am sorry if I have some( or many =] ) spelling or grammer mistakes. English is not my native language.
go back into editor and change the abilities you wanted changing and when you save it, this time choose 'save as' and save it under a different name - hopefully this will help

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

I need help, I just downloaded the fmrte and I was trying to swap 2 players and theres no button anywhere to click apply, and at the bottom of the page it says "the swap was aborted as both players must hav", and that constantly stays at the bottom even when i'm not trying to swap players. how can i swap them??
both players must have what? does it say any more than "the swap was aborted as both players must hav"

i have never had problems swapping players, any chance of a screenshot?

I have tried, still doesn't work.
I have forgot to say that in the editor the players abilities are correct. Only in the game the abilities are not the newest.

Does anybody know if there is a way to create a league that has 2 competitions in one year? (opening and closing, system used in Argentina, Mexico, Paraguay, etc)

thank you!

Hi guys, can anyone help me with editing players stats, as in strength, pace, loyalty etc

I have edited stuff before like club data and future transfers etc but when I have altered players individual attributes it never seems to save. So when I start a new game everything else has changed but players stats remain the same :S

Also when editing the income section and adding future income from (for example) tv deal... this also never seems to show up when you load the game :S

Can anyone help please?

Not sure where I could put this, but I figure this is a good spot.

Would someone be willing to make a series of editing guides? Like basic guides to making players or teams explaining the important aspects and numbers.

I was trying to create a team and the players but every time I've made a player, his stats don't stay the same (same problem as Marko8 but his question was never answered).

Thanks in advance.

I dont know if there is a fix to this or not but ive created the Italian database from scratch down to serie d and ive created the primavera league which is the under 20's in italy and the under 18's league so each club down to division 3 has an under 18's and under 20's as the reserve teams in italy dont exist, so as to bring through youth talent as it is in Italy.
It all works fine (tested to 2017) but after 2013 the lack of young 15-16-17 year old players at the clubs means the majority of under 20' under 18's are greyed out players.
Is there anyway or fix to increase the amount of newgen or regen players per season for the teams?
If anyone wants to try the db i can post a link for it.

Hello question , about editing I have 6 databases on my fm and I'd like to delete all 6 but I do not know how to delete them . Can any of you please help ? And another question can I delete them from the game?

Back