The FM11 Editing Help thread

• Thread starter Thread starter tiraths
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 790
  • Views Views 158K
Certainly not possible on the data editor. And I'm pretty sure it's not possible on the FMRTE

I tried to make a shortlist using FMRTE and another programme... the shortlist works but obviously as its your own players it doesnt show up... as soon as you click show players from your own team, the whole lot of the players show up.

Can anyone help me ?
I have downloaded a january transfer update database to my mac
i then opened it in the editor app and everything seemed fine
i then saved it to the editor data folder
then when i go on to the fm11 app and try to access my editor data files i cant, there isnt an option and it appears that there isnt a single data file
Im completely lost ? any suggestions ?

Did you save the file in the correct folder? I don't have a mac so I can't tell you where to put it

My team has always been in the top league of Norway, but last year, they went bankrupt, and had to move to the 4rth division. I wonder how to add two aditional leagues so that I can get my team back on without moving them to the third divisjon.

Does anyone know if theirs a patch for FM2010 with this January's transfers? Not got FM11 cos still in love with FM10! Thanks​

What is the best way to use multiple databases with different nation rules without having duplicates?

Last edited:
I would like to make a database, where the EPL teams are made into/combined together, by counties or regions in england. For instance Merseyside FC - Everton and Liverpool, North East - Newcastle and Sunderland, Manchester - City and Utd, Lancashire - Blackpool, Bolton, Blackburn and Wigan, Midlands - Villa, Birmingham, Wolves, WBA and Stoke, London - Chelsea, West Ham, Fulham, Spurs and Arsenal

So thats 6 teams made up of the EPL.

I want to make that into a league system, but include championship and lower league regional teams, Such as; Lower League North West, LL East (all of East England), LL Midlands, and LL South (including Swansea and Cardiff) Could also include Glasgow clubs, Edinburgh clubs, if needed. To make 12.

10 / 12 teams are there, with no promotion or relegation, and a "Copa Del Rey" style Cup.

I am pretty useless at editing, so I need to know how to go about making this database, and i also need to know if anyone has attempted this before or if anyone has any tips or advice on the task. And how time consuming it is going to be, (I am not patient when it comes to editing!)

Thanks, Hilly :)
Can anyone give me any tips about this please. :wub: (A)

ok so ive just downloaded the game on steam, went to local disk, but sports interactive wasnt in there, the files were in my documents, went in there, there wasnt a tools folder but there was an editor data folder, in there was a XML document called config, what do i do to this to get the editor? thankyou!

ok so ive just downloaded the game on steam, went to local disk, but sports interactive wasnt in there, the files were in my documents, went in there, there wasnt a tools folder but there was an editor data folder, in there was a XML document called config, what do i do to this to get the editor? thankyou!

computer/steam/steamapps/footballmanager2011/tolls/editor

I did a custom database using South Korea for nation rules.

K-League(top league in SK) has a team(Gwangju Sangmu Phoenix FC) for military serving players.
Players are suppose to change every two years via randomly selected player loans(that have not completed their military service)

Problem...
After making my own K-League and etc.....
Two years pass...loaned players are returned to their respective clubs...but no players are loaned to Gwangju.
I tried looking .xml files to fix the problem but I could not find anything.

Any help would be appreciated!

need help,just got fm11 yesterday..i go to editor to transfer player to new club like torres to chelsea etc..but it's empty..so how to add all the club,player etc to the editor..never play fm for a long time and my last fm game was fm01..

hi guys sorry but i go on steam but i cant find the steam app bit to get into the editor data files i want to make a club

How do I change the continent of Middle Eastern nations to Africa so they have to play against them in qualification? Same for Oceania nations and Southeast Asia

I was thinking of slotting all Middle Eastern Nations into Africa, and shifting the Southeast Asian teams by Indochina to Oceania (Which i would rename Australasia)

Trying to re-vamp the Scottish league system by changing the SPL from 12 teams to 16 teams, I have created a new Scottish Premier Division from scratch but I can't remove the SPL from the "nation rules" any ideas how i can or at least edit the existing SPL to make it a 16 team league?

I have a similar problem with the Scottish Cup

My editor won't load right, its actually loading but the words are all over the place, anyone know how i can fix that problem?

Is there anyway to increase/remove the ~$49,000 salary cap in the MLS Cup competition via the Editor?

also how do i make sure there are no transfers in januray and summer?

hey hey everyone, wondering if you can help...
my editor all of a sudden will not load a database saying there is no database to use to start a game. (?) I've had it working a couple of days ago when I downloaded LFCMarshall's January update, since then I did a little tweeking to his update and saved that, no problems, started a new game up using those updates that worked etc....but now I want to put Hodgson at West Brom so I go into my editor and I can't even load a database up. Tres annoying!

Been starting up a new game in the english league in february 2011 (to coincide with real-time) using the swedish league to begin midway through the premier league season, but trying to get the balance right...everytime I load up a new game wolves are 5th or something and man city are 15th, and by the way why are burnley so good! need to get into the editor and knock them down a peg or two.

Help pleeease!

hi, when i go into the editor and do up players abilities eg. crossing, dribbling, finishing etc... i save the editor but when i load up fm and choose the editor data file all the players abilities have stayed the same and not gone up, help?

Okey I need some help, I want to play a Napoli save, and I want to be Diego Maradona manageing. Is there any way for me to get the real Maradona out of the game, just to make it a bit more realistic, without exactly deleting him. I just want him out of this save, not forever.

Thanks in advance.

Back