The FM11 Editing Help thread

• Thread starter Thread starter tiraths
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 790
  • Views Views 158K
Was wondering if it would be possible before asking for it to change the english leagues so that every side in all the leagues would only be eligible to use english players and no foreigners so that way man utd chelsea liverpool man city cant just spend loads of money and buy the worlds best??? This might sound weird but i think thats the way it should be so if this can be done could someone let me know please thanks

---------- Post added at 05:45 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 09:17 PM ----------

Right ignoring my last request as i have figured it out myself.

I do have something els though as the other forum is closed i am looking for a database to be made if anyone could it????

I would like 5 leagues with using top divisions from france england spain and italy and setting up cups aswell ifsomeone could help me let me know please much appreciated.

How do I get to the database editor if im on Pc CD version? I am a bit confused about how to adjust transfer funds... oO)

you can make sure each team has a city with a long and lat cordinate that fits into the correct division and give all the teams in the pyramid system a path up and down the leagues to make sure they go into the right sub divisions.
yeah thot of that but thoght there would be a quicker way. ta very much

I want to make my own nation with its own league-system, etc. Is there any way to do this?

If not, can I take a non-playable nation, edit it, and make it playable?

Already asked this but no one replied so I'll ask again. How do I get rid of the Champions League and Europa League?

Already asked this but no one replied so I'll ask again. How do I get rid of the Champions League and Europa League?
I dont know if you can mate, i would also like to know how to remove them.

I've been trying to use the FMTR 4.1.2 editor to edit players names. If I type over the name it will change the name of all the other players with the original name. In the 2010 version it was possible to search for other names, however the search icon doesn't work. Has anyone else had this problem?

everyone waht their problems fixed, but people put screenshots, it will be loat easier

Hi, I have a slimmed-down UEFA and European Cup running on my game. UEFA Cup takes the domestic cup winners also. The trick I found was to use only major nations and those that had leagues represented in FM2011 - adding Luxembourg etc killed the process and the teams were never picked. Also it is very important to spell out the dates and times of the rounds - essential for the first season, but then the computer takes over the fixture list after that point.

It's uploaded if anyone wants it. It involved a lot of trial and error!

Now, the other thing I've been doing is restricting the number of foreigners club teams can use - three on a match day, five in an entire squad of 35. I've managed to do this for most major leagues (while also writing a more streamlined league system for them) and the AI managed very well with buying players of corresponding nationality.

However, I cannot import this rule into my new continental competitions. I've added the rules in the editor but they just do not translate to the game. I can't get the advanced editor to see if it's easy to tag it there either - it won't download properly for me.

Also, the basic league structure I have set up for Italy (XML attached - it has some reserve leagues!) displays continental cup qualification letters next to teams on the league table pages - and although each season the correct teams qualify for the correct continental cups, the letters just keep getting added to the new qualifiers, and never disappear. I think it might be to do with when I set the league start date but I can't be sure.

So, problems:

1 - how to restrict foreigners in continental cups
2 - how to remove contiental cup qualifier letters from league tables.

Last edited:
I want teams to get relegated from a division, there's no active division below it just like BSS/BSN. I know it has something to do with inactive divisions but what do I exactly do to make it work?

How can I create a third place play-off stage in an additional cup?

How can I create this group stage:
19 clubs were drawn into 4 groups, 3 groups of 5 teams and one group of 4 teams?

I want teams to get relegated from a division, there's no active division below it just like BSS/BSN. I know it has something to do with inactive divisions but what do I exactly do to make it work?

you need to create an extra division and put some teams in it then under netaion rules you select that division and change it to an inactive division and set the number of relegation places in the division above. then test nation rules as you might need to put the same number of promotion places in the inactive division as you have in the bottom active one but i can't remember off the top of my head.

I want to know if it's possible to rearrange lots of teams from several leagues and put them together in england...I tried to make it...I tried putting the 20 teams with the best reputation in the world in premier league,then the next 22 in championship,the next 24 best reputation teams in league 1 etc...Is it possible in FM11 editor because in FM9 i had done it pretty easily...plz reply

actually now i'm trying in the already made database English Level 10 2.0 that's already made by someone and trying to fill every league in england with the best reputation teams...But it's not possible because when i rearrange the teams in championship it says that a team in championship has wrong nation and when i checked it every team in championship one by one all of them was english on nation...plz if someone can help or if he is more experienced than me even make it...it would me reeeeealy cool a league like that...

Last edited:
I want to know if it's possible to rearrange lots of teams from several leagues and put them together in england...I tried to make it...I tried putting the 20 teams with the best reputation in the world in premier league,then the next 22 in championship,the next 24 best reputation teams in league 1 etc...Is it possible in FM11 editor because in FM9 i had done it pretty easily...plz reply

yeah it's possible, don't worry baout the fact that the nationality of all of them will turn to england because it always changes to the nationality of the league when you move teams, but they will still give you regens from their original country because that's where the city they're based/stadium's based is.

yeah but when i try to run the game with rearranged teams in the league it can't happen because of the nation...if i tried to change the city or the stadium would it work...???

i even tried to change the nation back to it's original but even then the game didn't start...

If you have created a database on a previous patch, will it still work on the new one? Do you have to do anything to make it compatable?

If you have created a database on a previous patch, will it still work on the new one? Do you have to do anything to make it compatable?

Most custom dbs will work with later patches, however some have problems if the data you have changed has then been updated on new patch. You then have two options 1 open your old db in editor using new patch check your changes are still there if not re-edit them in and re-save or if this still doesnt work then Im afraid a rebuild is required, although remember if you still have older patches you can still start game using them. If you have a save you want to keep playing but have updated to new patch try starting new game select old patch and dbs required to play save game let it load new game, once you get to new manager screen click preferences and select load game and choose your save game all should be good, remember though if you switch between patches you will need to do this every time you use old save game.

Most custom dbs will work with later patches, however some have problems if the data you have changed has then been updated on new patch. You then have two options 1 open your old db in editor using new patch check your changes are still there if not re-edit them in and re-save or if this still doesnt work then Im afraid a rebuild is required, although remember if you still have older patches you can still start game using them. If you have a save you want to keep playing but have updated to new patch try starting new game select old patch and dbs required to play save game let it load new game, once you get to new manager screen click preferences and select load game and choose your save game all should be good, remember though if you switch between patches you will need to do this every time you use old save game.

Cheers mate. I think the only changes made that would affect my database would be retiring players such as Neville and Ronaldo. They don't change any ID numbers do they? I won't bother downloading the new patch until I release the database, and someone with the patch has tested it.

I dont think they change id numbers, dont see any purpose of them doing so anyway, by the way you can update db and then still edit with 11.2.1 db with non steam version, just select 11.2.1 when loading database in editor.

Back